Greatest comeback of all time

• I realize that we came from 19 down versus MU and UCLA, however, there was a lot of time left in both cases, 14 Dow with 2 and change is the GOAT. Phog and Doc have to be high fiving in heaven.

• @Fightsongwriter said:

I realize that we came from 19 down versus MU and UCLA, however, there was a lot of time left in both cases, 14 Down with 2 and change is the GOAT. Phog and Doc have to be high fiving in heaven.

• This is not the best comeback. That honor belongs to the 2008 Jayhawks who came back from 8 down with a little over 2 minutes left to force OT against Memphis in the national title game. That game will always be the GOAT for KU comebacks because it was in a national title game.

• At Allen.

• @Fightsongwriter Then Missouri still tops tonight because it was Missouri. WVU will never mean what Missouri did to KU.

• The degree of difficulty tonight far surpasses all other home comebacks.

• Yes this was the hardest

• Not to motion how thin we were once 2-3 guys fouled out.

• @Fightsongwriter Degree of difficulty may have been higher tonight, but the stakes were much higher in that Missouri game. Senior day, conference title on the line, and final game against Missouri in AFH. Thise are all relevant factors when discussing greatest comebacks. If KU loses tonight, they still have a 1 game lead on WVU and Baylor for the Big 12. KU and WVU don’t have 170 years of animosity between their states.

• I think that’s why it was called Greatest “Comeback.” of all time.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 *9 down. I agree, that comeback was greater, because of the stakes.

• @Fightsongwriter said:

Not to motion how thin we were once 2-3 guys fouled out.

We were thin before the opening jump!

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said:

This is not the best comeback. That honor belongs to the 2008 Jayhawks who came back from 8 down with a little over 2 minutes left to force OT against Memphis in the national title game. That game will always be the GOAT for KU comebacks because it was in a national title game.

Wasn’t it down 9?

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said:

@Fightsongwriter Then Missouri still tops tonight because it was Missouri. WVU will never mean what Missouri did to KU.

If WV won the game tonight, a lot of us would be talking about how WV is the new Mizzou,… On a lot of levels, particularly the flops, hacks, and the less aesthetic style, they are picking up where Mizzou left off…

• @Fightsongwriter I agree. Best comeback ever. Better than Memphis. Better than Misery. Why is that? Because it JUST HAPPENED. So this comeback is the best. I will tell you- I had no idea we would come back, and I always give KU every benefit of the doubt. It was electrifying. This is what Bill Self said about it "

• Look at Frank - he is also wearing the “MENACE” bracelet like Josh! Frank’s is so deserved.

15.jpg

17.jpg

• @Fightsongwriter The comebacks against UCLA, Missouri at home, the National Championship Game comeback, and the EJ comeback against ISU are all number 1 seeds as far as I am concerned. I have them all on my one line. Basically, they are all great and I watch games like this in the off season, because they always put a smile on my face!

• @KansasComet I have watched the 08 NC every year after we have lost in the tourney. Takes the sting away a bit.

• Because we have been shut out in Morgantown, I’m starting to get the rivalry vibe with WV. Huggy’s guys play hard and are absolutely intent on beating us. The Missouri rivalry had such an historical background that it was just natural to hate everything Missouri. My desire to whip WV comes from our complete shut out in Morgantown and my perception that the refs help WV prevail. 34% FG’s. How in the hell did we win this one? That’s the real mystery for me. Anyone else bothered by the 58 foul calls? At least Frank was a monster at the stripe. RCJH

Looks like your connection to KU Buckets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.