Arterio Morris

• Awful news if true. I know sometimes guys get accused because they’re minor celebrities or whatever.

• Innocent before proven guilty I know. Wisconsin lost a receiver Quintez Cephus who’s now in the NFL for a year over a false accusation. He never played another snap after it, but was later cleared.

• Yea, sure hope it’s not true.

But that’s crappy news for sure.

Just seems like a dark cloud lingering with him around. Truth is one thing, public perception another.

Maybe time to cut bait regardless.

@BShark was in the know…

• @wissox said in Arterio Morris:

Awful news if true. I know sometimes guys get accused because they’re minor celebrities or whatever.

Let’s remember the initial allegations against Charlton Bragg and the outcome after the full investigation; very fortunate to find the stairwell video. I know Bragg’s association with KU turned out negative, but remember allegations are just that and need to be fully investigate. Morris’s suspension might not be related to the August rape allegation at McCarthy because one news report says Morris wasn’t even mentioned in the campus police report. But, this is another black eye for the activities at McCarthy Hall and the rumors/allegations hurt KU as much as the truth from the final investigation.

• @rockchalkjayhawk I think he has to go. And I was really hoping it would prove wrong/just rumors. 😞

• 2nd chances are necessary- everyone makes mistakes to some degree. Third chances however are not for this level of stupidity. The only way I see him back on the team is if he’s proven innocent - not witness intimidation or buy offs. Flat out innocence. But that’s applying my morals to a situation that the staff felt differently about initially as well.

• I’m always right about these things, well usually right, OK really just guessing like everyone else including the stupid and always anti-KU Kansas City Star: this suspension was already planned when Morris came to KU. The class A assault had been charged in June, 2022 so even Texas knew about it when Morris played there last year. This suspension comes on the heels of Morris’s Nolo plea to a reduced charge, a Class C misdemeanor, which carried a small fine. So, unless the basketball staff knows more about the McCarthy incident than was reported to campus police, it appears this suspension was already in the works when Morris decided to come to KU. Only the KC Star is attempting to link the suspension to the August campus police report, which is what the Star does with all things KU Basketball. If the suspension is related only to the Dallas conviction, I believe Morris will be suspended for several games, then reinstated. Jalen Wilson was suspended 4 games for a DUI, so I expect something similar to that for Arterio Morris. Unlesssssssss, he was involved in something else. We will have to wait and see.

• @stoptheflop but, there are witnesses.

• @stoptheflop I’m not following all of that, but the optics of a minor suspension for rape allegations is disgusting. I hope he’s innocent of course but absolutely can’t play until that’s done. Twitter comments from neutral observers (right or wrong) are ‘typical KU’ type of stuff. I wasn’t aware of the previous dark cloud hanging over this kid, but adios Arterio, in my view. The program is way bigger than him.

• I guess a witness could also mean they saw or heard nothing bad against morris. Could work both ways.

• @Crimsonorblue22 It could. It’s good to keep an open mind.

Nonetheless, the optics of this suck. And, there are enough details about this incident already out that it’s very easy to conclude that the accuser(s) is/are to be believed.

Due process will give Arterio his fair shake. But he shouldn’t be here. He knew his unique ‘zero-tolerance’ situation and he still put himself in a risky situation.

• I’m just gonna get the 🍿 out then sit back and watch!

• @Crimsonorblue22 said in Arterio Morris:

I guess a witness could also mean they saw or heard nothing bad against morris. Could work both ways.

Just means they were in the area to be honest. None listed as eye witnesses. So probably just because they live in McCarthy too.

• @stoptheflop If he was being suspended for what happened a couple of years ago, the press release from KU would’ve specified that because there isn’t a reason to be secretive about that at this point.

This suspension is absolutely because of the McCarthy Hall accusation and is being handled as it should be at this point. A person is accused of a crime, kept away during the investigation and not being commented on due to there being an active, ongoing investigation into tge accusation, amd once the investigation is complete, KU and Self will determine if Morris will be allowed to return the program.

If the investigation leans towards Morris being involved, then he absolutely needs to be let go, but he does deserve due process and if the investigation shows that Morris is likely being falsely accused, then he could be brought back and be prepped for the shit he’s going to go through on the road this season.

• Gah! Arterio Morris I hardly knew ye!

• @Jayblaze said in Arterio Morris:

Gah! Arterio Morris I hardly knew ye!

Fortunately for you!

• Charges were dismissed without prejudice due to insufficient evidence.

• Onward.

• 😖 Hawks could have used him last year and now to hear he wouldn’t have been charged. Insufficient evidence can be interpreted as “innocent”.

• @Gorilla72 could be interpreted but definitely does not MEAN innocent.

• @benshawks08 said in Arterio Morris:

@Gorilla72 could be interpreted but definitely does not MEAN innocent.

I understand and agree. Although, I wonder if he’ll show back up in Div 1 somewhere now. Good player some coach might take a flyer on.

• Who will take him? Beard? Texas?

• Maybe he can play for the KU women’s team as pennance?

• Ahhh

• @Gorilla72 said in Arterio Morris:

😖 Hawks could have used him last year and now to hear he wouldn’t have been charged. Insufficient evidence can be interpreted as “innocent”.

Could also mean the victim isn’t cooperating with the investigation which is what was happening last year too.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 - Yes it can be interpreted in many ways. Most on here considered him guilty.

• @Gorilla72 Many rapes don’t go to trial. It’s hard to prove and traumatic af.

• @dylans - I’m aware of that. Just saying Kansas was well and truly screwed but he is now free to attend another school and may do well. I wonder what their fans will say. I don’t know if he is truly guilty or not. It’s now played out and he has no charges against him.

• F*** Arterio Morris, go play basketball in pelican bay where you belong sumbag.

• @Gorilla72 They can have him. I wouldn’t care if he played like Mike, Arterio is dog shit stuck to big Jays shoe. Scrape it off and move on until the stench wears off.

• @dylans nice choice of words 😉

• Its funny that the first 3 articles that come up when i google arterio morris refer to him as “ex-kansas player arterio morris”. Cant get the stink off, he’s been hangin round for days…

• @approxinfinity said in Arterio Morris:

Its funny that the first 3 articles that come up when i google arterio morris refer to him as “ex-kansas player arterio morris”. Cant get the stink off, he’s been hangin round for days…

Ugg. Too true and he didn’t play a game that counted for KU.

Need to amend those articles to say Ex-Texas Longhorn (SEC! SEC! SEC!!!) player Arterio Morris. 😂

• Time for KU to disown Ben McLemore now.

• I’m glad we ditched him immediately. It’s easy to put on rose-colored glasses and see him as a big help to our team where we needed it most. But realistically, he would likely have caused other problems… team unity… other run-ins with the law… a further tarnish of our school’s reputation.

• @drgnslayr said in Arterio Morris:

I’m glad we ditched him immediately. It’s easy to put on rose-colored glasses and see him as a big help to our team where we needed it most. But realistically, he would likely have caused other problems… team unity… other run-ins with the law… a further tarnish of our school’s reputation.

Well rather guilty or not Ben hasn’t helped the Ku reputation either now- - - -So hard to believe but with all the crap at Kentucky they still managed to find time to make a post on it

• @Texas-Hawk-10 mmmmm - listen to what I’m saying now.

If the allegations are true, it’s awful and he should pay for his actions.

But - he was great for KU. And he had no issues whatsoever here. And he’s been gone 11 years.

• At least Ben’s an “Ex-Blazer”. Sad to see the story, no matter what actually happened. He was a favorite. I’ll never forget the snoopy dance.

• @jayballer67

I don’t see the connection of Ben and KU’s reputation. This allegation happened after his Kansas days. Morris is a different story. We brought him in after his first allegation. Then, you would think he would have totally dedicated himself to being clean and playing basketball, but he got in trouble here, too. Compare him to JWil. JWil is the example of a player making a mistake then truly dedicating himself to fixing his life. Back to Ben… more needs to come out but I believe in his character as described by Traylor. His comments seem to be inline with someone responsible to facing the music. This could be anything…

• @drgnslayr said in Arterio Morris:

@jayballer67

I don’t see the connection of Ben and KU’s reputation. This allegation happened after his Kansas days. Morris is a different story. We brought him in after his first allegation. Then, you would think he would have totally dedicated himself to being clean and playing basketball, but he got in trouble here, too. Compare him to JWil. JWil is the example of a player making a mistake then truly dedicating himself to fixing his life. Back to Ben… more needs to come out but I believe in his character as described by Traylor. His comments seem to be inline with someone responsible to facing the music. This could be anything…

Understand. I hope you not thinking I’m thinking he is an idiot . All I was showing was that even with all THIER problems that they ( Kentucky ) are having right now- - -just going to show how petty their fanbase is as even going through what they had going on they - - stilled tried to find something - - - -anything that they could find negative about KU. just goes to show how infatuated UK are with KU . People like this don’t give a rat’s ass how long it’s been since they were connected with KU , rather it’s a day- -a week - -a month - -a year – a decade the way they look at it whoever STILL had that connection with KU, that’s all they look for. Then they take that and run with it trying to make the Univesity look bad.

• @jayballer67 I take no shit about propriety from UK fans, whose response for decades to the package-of-money-broke-in-a-sorting-facility scandal is a picture of Alfred E. Neumann saying “What? Me worry?”

• Ben gets the benefit of doubt here, never seen or heard of anything like this from him

• @jayballer67 they seem to forget Rupp’s roots.