Just Beat Duke, OK!

• just wanted to say I feel that if not sold out - -I think Booth Stadium will be at least 45-46000 for the game - if not sold out. - What is capacity 52,000 ? - think we will have a really nice student turnout. Right now extended forecast says high of 84 degrees - -and only a 5 % chance of rain, so weather shouldn’t be a problem - -Let’s go Hawks

• @jayballer67 The attendance would be a helluva lot higher if people could actually park somewhere and get to the game. The last game we went to, we parked at Wal-Mart and took an Uber. Really dumb, expensive move on my part. If KU wants a shot at being legitimate - ever - make it easy to get to the stadium.

• @nuleafjhawk the downtown shuttle is $1 and there’s a multitude of spots north of the stadium. The alternative is building a soulless sea of asphalt a la KSU

• @FarmerJayhawk I’m ok with soulless asphalt… Actually, I don’t live in or near Lawrence and i don’t know where the parking places are. But I was super frustrated the last time I went and I thought “No wonder they only put 10,000 butts in the stands, that’s all the parking they have room for”.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in Just Beat Duke, OK!:

a soulless sea of asphalt a la KSU

I first misread that, but as a very apt description also:

“a soulless sea of ass-hats ala KSU”

• @FarmerJayhawk said in Just Beat Duke, OK!:

@nuleafjhawk the downtown shuttle is $1 and there’s a multitude of spots north of the stadium. The alternative is building a soulless sea of asphalt a la KSU

I have used the shuttle before not that bad

• @jayballer67 Oh, I’m all about shuttles - especially for $1. But where do you park to get on the shuttle?

• More FYI’S - - KU is 3 - - -0 - - against the spread this year. - -AND there is 131 programs FCS ? - -131 programs and there is only three schools in the Nation that haven’t given up a sack. Who are they ? - - no cheating lol

• Jalon Daniels is the difference for this team.

He is the first truly legit QB KU has had since Reesing. His dual threat abilities make this team so dangerous.

And this just raises the national profile for KU, to the point that they could keep this rolling. This team plays an exciting brand of football. That is sure to get the attention of potential recruits. KU won’t be a top 25 recruiting class, but if they are top 40 that will be huge for the program.

The other thing you have to keep in mind is the transfer portal. If you see a kid at Nebraska that is about to go through another coaching change, well, that may work into your depth chart. Same thing once the coaching carousel revs up in December in other places. There will be plenty of guys out there as a two or even three year solution to go along with the HS recruits. This could be the start of a major shift as a program.

But that momentum has to continue against Duke. You can’t give away a home game, especially with how tough the late season schedule is. This game could end up being a big chance to get bowl eligible, which means a lot for player development and exposure. Going to 4-0 means you need 2 wins against Iowa State, TCU, @ Texas Tech and @ K-State. That’s manageable, even if you fall short on the road. But lose on Saturday and now you need 3 wins, or you’re looking for an upset @ Baylor, @ OU, or at home for Texas or Oklahoma State.

Going to a bowl this year would mean a lot for this program, especially with so many guys coming back.

• @jayballer67 said in Just Beat Duke, OK!:

More FYI’S - - KU is 3 - - -0 - - against the spread this year. - -AND there is 131 programs FCS ? - -131 programs and there is only three schools in the Nation that haven’t given up a sack. Who are they ? - - no cheating lol

Oregon is one of them.

• @Jethro said in Just Beat Duke, OK!:

@jayballer67 said in Just Beat Duke, OK!:

More FYI’S - - KU is 3 - - -0 - - against the spread this year. - -AND there is 131 programs FCS ? - -131 programs and there is only three schools in the Nation that haven’t given up a sack. Who are they ? - - no cheating lol

Oregon is one of them.

Oregon - - KU – & Georgia Southern lol

• CBS Sports has KU ranked 30, so with a win over Duke now ranked 38, KU should be ranked in the Top 25. KU was last ranked in the Top 25 the week of October 18, 2009 at 24, which was down from 17 the previous week. Wow. Amazing.

• @Jethro said in Just Beat Duke, OK!:

https://twitter.com/JoelKlattShow/status/1571901990048858113

He makes a great point about losing small. The biggest game of last year that is kind of forgotten (because of the Texas win) is that KU led Oklahoma 10-0 at halftime in Lawrence last year, and 17-14 after 3 quarters. OU was undefeated and #3 in the country at the time. And KU stayed with them for basically the whole game. When KU went up 17-7 in the 3rd, the Hawks actually had a better than 60% chance to win the game.

Of course, Oklahoma was better and the talent won out in the end, but KU didn’t hang with OU based on trickery or flukes. They played a competitive game.

And that was a big sign that we all should have seen. KU was getting blown out to start the year. Lost by 27 at Coastal Carolina, by 38 against Baylor, by 19 at Duke, by 52 at Iowa State and by 27 against Texas Tech. Zero signs of improvement. Then the OU game, followed by blowouts against Oklahoma State and K-State, then the Texas win and two close losses to end the year. In the last six games of the season, KU played pretty well in four of those games. When’s the last time you could say KU played well in 4 out of 6 games?

Upgraded the talent in the offseason and now we are here. KU still isn’t going to be able to beat the better teams in the Big 12. They aren’t at that point yet. But they are no longer the worst team in P5, or even in the Big 12. KU has a chance to win 3, or even 4 conference games this year. They have a legitimate shot at going undefeated in nonconference play.

I thought 4 wins this season would be a significant step forward. To think that 6 or 7 wins is possible is crazy, but a credit to the improvement in the product on the field.

And again, 4 wins this year would be a big step. That means either going undefeated in non-con, or winning multiple conference games. But KU has a real chance to do both and get in that 5 to 7 win range.

• It’s amazing the amount of Social Media that our football boys have been receiving Nationally. - We have had Back to Back Defensive players of the week in the Big 12- - Now Jalen gets Big 12 offensive player of the week in the 3rd week of the Season. - -When is the last time that’s happened for KU ?

• So glad that I don’t have to worry about seeing KU in the ESPN Bottom Ten column anymore.

• @nwhawkfan said in Just Beat Duke, OK!:

So glad that I don’t have to worry about seeing KU in the ESPN Bottom Ten column anymore.

lol – -boy is that the truth

• Just heard on local sports airing. -Right now Ku for Saturdays game is right at 40,000 - They have sold 10,000 tickets since the Houston game - - sure looks like it will be sold out. - -When’s the last time we have had a sell out for football ? -If and we have to say IF right now but If we win Saturday then fully expect a sell out for the Iowa State game - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• KU Volleyball will be on ESPN2 tomorrow night hosting #1 Texas from a sold out Horejsi Center.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in Just Beat Duke, OK!:

KU Volleyball will be on ESPN2 tomorrow night hosting #1 Texas from a sold out Horejsi Center.

The ladies gonna have to play better then they have these last 3 match’s or it could get ugly. Hoping they can step up. - Had been ranked got pretty man handled by UNLV – got swept. - -!0-2 is pretty good just not so good these last 2/3 match’s

• @justanotherfan I would say this OL deserves a ton of credit too.

The hogs up front are legit. I think they might have multiple pros.

• LL keeps moving up in the Nebraska job odds. But KU really blitzed the PR today with “I ain’t f’ing leavin’” (meme from Wolf of Wall Street) PR today.

I’m assuming (purely my read) that KU and Lance have something in the works to make him and his agent happy.

He went on a Podcast today with KU broadcast big time in the background. 100% staged.

Then he wore a We/Me shirt at a press conference (not an accident obviously) today.

I’m expecting him to get a raise to ~$6M/yr if I were to guess. But ultimately, today was PR101 from KU Athletics.

• Eric Bienemy’s name popping up in Nebraska job.

Fan base reaction on Twitter seems pretty uninspired if he were picked. Officially at the point of “if he couldn’t get another job why would we want him?”

• LJW today tried its best today to reassure us that Lance didn’t come to Lawrence to quit but would like to build a legacy there.

• @wissox said in Just Beat Duke, OK!:

LJW today tried its best today to reassure us that Lance didn’t come to Lawrence to quit but would like to build a legacy there. I’m hoping their right. - I wanna believe , I feel we are right there on the edge of getting this turned around with Coach. - - -Would love to hear him say Thanks - BUT NO THANKS to Nebraska , also kind have this feel like Farmer says - -I stil think Nebraska hs a couple of others right now above Coach - -that’s fine with me

• @justanotherfan said in Just Beat Duke, OK!:

Jalon Daniels is the difference for this team. He is the first truly legit QB KU has had since Reesing. His dual threat abilities make this team so dangerous. And this just raises the national profile for KU, to the point that they could keep this rolling. This team plays an exciting brand of football. That is sure to get the attention of potential recruits. KU won’t be a top 25 recruiting class, but if they are top 40 that will be huge for the program.

Yes… and Devin Neal is soooo under the radar.

• So exciting!

• @Kcmatt7 said in Just Beat Duke, OK!:

@justanotherfan I would say this OL deserves a ton of credit too.

The hogs up front are legit. I think they might have multiple pros.

KU is improved everywhere, to be sure. Both Oline and Dline are actually P5 capable now. Secondary looks good. A whole legion of backs that are more than able to take carries, with Devin Neal maybe being a star. Solid WRs. Solid LBs. Decent special teams. This is a football team that is no longer undertalented in multiple areas. The guys on KUs two deep could make the two deep elsewhere in the Big 12.

• So glad to see the fan support for our football team. Two things I hope to see Saturday: first, that the defense plays from the openning snap and doesn’t spot the Devils 2 TDs; and second that our running backs see more success and end up with most of the rushing yards rather than our invaluable QB. Game time is only about 40 hours away my friends.

• WVU making us look good and also Va Tech sucks

• Mercy the National media attention is getting is crazy. Just saw a interview that was from ESPN talking to Coach - -Then I saw one from Yahoo Sports- that’s just two today - -Have seen articles from CBS - - & from USA Today - -hear talk about KU of Sic-em 365 - - -talk of Texas Tech Boards , Oklahoma State Boards ,. - -All the media talk and everything else - - there is no way that al this can be anything but positive look for our program -More/better Recruits are gonna be taking notice and saying hmmmm, maybe I DO need to check KU out a little more - - MAYBE they are getting things turned around.

Think it’s kind of obvious I’m pretty stoked for tomorrow - - A SELLOUT - -got some big time recruits coming in for both Football & Basketball - we need to show -let them see what it’s like to be a awesome College exprience

• Just heard that Duke has played the 2nd easiest schedule this year , only Minnesota is worse. - - -The over /under is 63 1/2 - - that 63 1/2 is gonna fall - there will be more then that

• Is it Saturday yet?

• @approxinfinity said in Just Beat Duke, OK!:

Is it Saturday yet?

13 hours and 30 minutes till boot time lol

• This week felt like a month

• @approxinfinity said in Just Beat Duke, OK!:

Is it Saturday yet?

Yes, it is.

• @jayballer67 said in Just Beat Duke, OK!:

Just heard that Duke has played the 2nd easiest schedule this year , only Minnesota is worse. - - -The over /under is 63 1/2 - - that 63 1/2 is gonna fall - there will be more then that

Jballer, are you reading the Duke hack, Del Barris? Oh boy, it’s on like donkey kong. Barris says KU will face “the best and most physical defense they’ve seen yet…” Then, Barris writes that KU’s defense is giving up 35+ pts per game against “FBS competition” this year. What a hack. Whew boy, this is going to be a fun game at 11:00. Our guys better step up and put a thumping on the Devils.

• @stoptheflop KU’s defense currently ranks 84th in total defense and 83rd in scoring defense and Houston did outgain KU on offense last week. They’re improved from last year, but improved from the worst still only gets them to a bad defense. West Virginia is a good team with a good offense and they had no issues moving the ball and scoring on KU’s defense.

Is Duke better than West Virginia? No, but they’ve looked better than Houston has so far on offense so they’ll be able to score on KU’s defense. Duke’s defense has average against bad teams so I expect KU’s offense to carve up Duke’s defense and put up a lot of points today.

I look for KU to win today with a score of 49-35

@stoptheflop KU’s defense currently ranks 84th in total defense and 83rd in scoring defense and Houston did outgain KU on offense last week. They’re improved from last year, but improved from the worst still only gets them to a bad defense. West Virginia is a good team with a good offense and they had no issues moving the ball and scoring on KU’s defense.

Is Duke better than West Virginia? No, but they’ve looked better than Houston has so far on offense so they’ll be able to score on KU’s defense. Duke’s defense has average against bad teams so I expect KU’s offense to carve up Duke’s defense and put up a lot of points today.

I’m hoping KU’s defense shows improvement and greatly slows down Riley Leonard. Leonard has been OK against weak opponents. I hope KU’s defense shows improvement, so we don’t have to win by outscoring Duke in a track meet.

• This game appears to be KU’s biggest game since the 2008 Orange Bowl. Beat Duke and KU’s national spotlight continues. A win today means all the 47,000 fans at the game will be back next week for a win against Iowa St.

• @Crimsonorblue22 said in Just Beat Duke, OK!:

We ready @BShark https://twitter.com/kellyleipold/status/1573643641058369539?s=46&t=iA0MC26vZiBfQWSbqn3Izw

Thank you. That to me was an AWESOME video clip. - -Gave me chills watching, Like Jalen said NEW ERA WE READY.

@stoptheflop KU’s defense currently ranks 84th in total defense and 83rd in scoring defense and Houston did outgain KU on offense last week. They’re improved from last year, but improved from the worst still only gets them to a bad defense. West Virginia is a good team with a good offense and they had no issues moving the ball and scoring on KU’s defense.

I think Duke gonna have trouble with KU for sure I have heard every week about these teams and I agree till I see the results - but Duke is no way better then West Virginia defense - -all we heard was Mr Stills how he pressures - -w heard how we hadn’t seen the type of pressure from both sides Houston was gonna show - -and the results ?- - NOTHING ZERO SACKS. You can bet they gonna draw a game plan to stop Jalen - which in turn should open things up for our other backs. – I’ve liked what I’ve seen from Morrison on his limited touch’s & HiShaw has been good -. Hope we don’t come out and lay an egg with all the big recruits we have in today.

Hope the crowd is jacked from kickoff to final horn - -give these recruits a show

• I heard on the pregame radio that KU will be dressed in crimson pants and jerseys.

• @stoptheflop said in Just Beat Duke, OK!:

I heard on the pregame radio that KU will be dressed in crimson pants and jerseys.

where you hearing pre-game

• @jayballer67 I just listen to the Jayhawk network on my computer. You can listen to KKSW out of Lawrence on the internet. That’s how Mark Cuban got so rich, putting radio stations on the internet.

• @stoptheflop said in Just Beat Duke, OK!:

I heard on the pregame radio that KU will be dressed in crimson pants and jerseys.

https://twitter.com/KU_Football/status/1573697172650053633?t=EHsirvY5010YW7bnSCFiBg&s=19

• A sold-out Booth. What a pretty sight.

• Let’s go boys. Get a W today