@HawkChamp All you have to do is read about the recruiting trips coaches take those next couple of days after we play on the coast.
Posts made by Kcmatt7
RE: Stanley was good but not that good
@kjayhawks Doesn’t matter who is back there if the O-Line can’t block and we can’t get a run game going. Stanley is probably a better option for now with his ability to run a little bit more. But imo it is really splitting hairs.
We will continue to struggle until we get 4th and 5th year guys starting at all 5 spots on the line. One thing that I personally think could help is the offensive line getting outrageously large splits. Like Mike Leach at TTU splits. This would do a lot of things:
- Take away defensive line stunts. No more twists.
- Make a defense think twice about slanting their lineman. You call a slant the wrong way and it is a 25 yard run because the hole is so damn big.
- Give the QB more time to read the DE on read options
- Get our OL out in space on screens quicker
- Spread Linebackers out so we can run the ball 3 or 4 yards easier and stay on schedule.
- Make the DEs/OLBs run further to get to the QB.
It would make us vulnerable to the blitz and good interior lineman. But overall, I think it would benefit us a lot more than hurt us.
RE: Hmmmm wondering
Don’t see Bill playing an in-state game that he has a chance of losing and isn’t in conference play. Doesn’t make sense recruiting-wise.
I’d love to see this game, but I just don’t see the benefit of it. Or where it would be played that both teams would agree. KU isn’t giving up a home game every other season, nor are they giving up a trip out to the coast where they can hit the recruiting trail while they are there.
Am I crazy or has WSU wanted the series to start AND it be a Home and Home? That benefits KU exactly none amount. If WSU wants to play, I think it will have to be in Lawrence every season.
RE: First Game
@Fightsongwriter several workarounds. Some people use their phone as a hot spot. You can also download an application that changes your VPN. Works just fine usually. Games are also posted to ESPN3 shortly after if you can wait up that late or watch them the next day.
RE: To gamble on the perimeter or not to gamble, that is the question
I thought Bill already did this and mastered it last season? Play. In. Spurts.
5 spurts of 4 minutes where we start jumping lanes and give an all out effort on D leading to turnovers and quick 12-2 runs. Follow those up with 5 other spurts of 4 minutes where we sag on D and play a little bit of “bad ball” to work the clock.
You could also call it:
- The Rest-A-Doke - Rope-A-Dope
- Effective Half-assing
- Doke’s resting so in goes Billy Preston.
- The Billy Press-TON then Rest-some
- Ball then Stall
- Selfish and Self-Less
- The Hamlet: To D, Or Not to D