Espn is neat.

• Kansas wins 13 straight and they Segway with no mention of it. And then proceed to slobber over a last second shot by Cuse over Duke for an hour.

• Because the E stands for EAST. They’re idiots. We hate them, but keep watching which is the irksome part of it all.

And syracuse fans are idiots for storming the court. For a 2nd time this year.

• Just imagine if Duke had secured their 13th straight conference title…

The 30minute preview show leading up to the game would have been a retrospective…

We would be watching the 5 part series tonight – it would already be in the can, ready for broadcast – built from the materials they started developing 8 years ago when the streak was 5 games long and they already deemed it the single greatest accomplishment in sports history. Interviews with the players over the years… and interviews with coaches…

Think I’m exaggerating? If Grayson Allen had tripped someone tonight, there would be a special report tomorrow and a special piece on Duke’s struggles ready for the weekend games.

• @bskeet

30 for 30 would already be scheduled for air!

• @BeddieKU23 They’d have a damn parade…

• @nuleafjhawk

As well as an invite to the Playboy Mansion

• Lawrence should have a parade and celebrate 13

• Maybe I was watching ESPN 2 but I saw a several minute deal on KU’s 13 vs UCLA’s 13. A woman I didn’t recognize, Andy Katz, and Fran all said what KU did was more impressive. It ran all night and maybe this morning as well (too busy to check) I hope you can catch it.

If it makes you feel any better, I missed the 'Cuse/Duke highlights completely.

• ESPN FRONT PAGE makes me el oh el real hard on the floor my a$# off.

2-23-2017 7-36-05 AM.jpg

• @Blown said:

Lawrence should have a parade and celebrate 13

Self pointed out after the game how different it has become at Kansas because success becomes expected. He said at Illinois when they won 2 Big 10 titles in a row there were 5,000 people at the airport. At KU, “we got a T-shirt.” “But,” as he always say, “I understand that.”

• @mayjay I think Self painted a pretty scary picture when he said that. It definitely opened my eyes to a perspective I had not considered.

• At KU there are always 5000 people waiting at the airport.

• @Blown On the ESPN thing: The KU conference win by last night was considered inevitable. The Syracuse shot to win was an unexpected development with major implications for perhaps 4 ACC programs, plus for whatever team doesn’t dance if Syracuse does.

So, my own parochialism aside, I do understand the choice of what is news. This time, at least.

• @mayjay fair enough but do you think That the coverage would have been the same for Duke or North Carolina had they just won 13 straight?

• @Blown Oh, heck no! I actually think the bigger story was Villanova losing at home to Butler, but I was just hoping that would help FM get POY. If we win out, Nova’s loss will hurt Hart relatively.

• http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/14852144/look-back-kansas-jayhawks-run-big-12-titles

Pretty cool. I thought the Morri were Jrs for some reason, makes more sense why I was surprised when they left.

I hope the lack of national exposure doesn’t hurt Frank’s POY chances, but the whole game was on ESPN even if the after game hype on ESPN.com is minimal. Or Bills recruiting.

I also hope that KU flys under the radar into the National Championship. I’d rather not play with the biggest bullseye. Leave that to Kentucky, UNC or Duke, we already know KU is better.

• @Blown Ah but you should of watch College basketball live, last night & this morning. They was talking about what an accomplishment KU has made, and comparing to UCLA, both commentators saying they thought in this day and age that KU’s 13 straight was more and harder to come by, pretty interesting. - -Listing some of the things that has taken place since the streak started, you know going back like : George W Bush getting re-elected, some guy named Hung competing in America has talent, umm the show The Apprentice with Trump starting, it was pretty cool.

One thing we know is this will probably NEVER be repeated again in the for seeable future. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @BeddieKU23 If the playboy mansion is there - - -I WANNA GO - - -I WANNA SEE LMAO - - hey, ooops just sayin - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @dylans yes, you are exactly right my friend. - -It was on ESPN 2 last night and again this morning. - -They re-played the KU-TCU game this morning also, but as you say they give a lot of props last night and this morning. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @dylans said:

At KU there are always 5000 people waiting at the airport.

I’m waiting at the airport right now.

Looks like your connection to KU Buckets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.