NCAA NON- KU GAMES

• We stopped that guy!

• Indiana win helps our NET right? 🙂

• It did!

• That athletic guy hurt himself

• Sub coach

• The West region went chalk for all 8 first round games.

The South region went chalk for 6/8 games. Furman and Princeton were the two upsets.

The East region also went chalk for 6/8 with FDU and FAU being the two upsets.

The Midwest region went chalk for 5/8 games assuming Indiana finishes the game. Thise upsets were Auburn, Penn St., and Pitt.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 it’s a conspiracy

• @Jayblaze no malice intended

• I think auburn will give Houston a game if sasser is hurt

• Nice response coach, team effort!

• @Crimsonorblue22 said in NCAA NON- KU GAMES:

I think auburn will give Houston a game if sasser is hurt

Houston without Sasser is very beatable for the same reasons Virginia is always beatable in the tournament.

• @BShark said in NCAA NON- KU GAMES:

Miami struggling with Drake. That one Miami booster spent a LOT of money for this to be the result. 😂

He’s legit trying to sue the ncaa so he’s not labeled a booster. Guy is completely insane but I’m here for it

• Great write-up on FDU-Purdue, by Myron Medcalf of ESPN:

Don’t try to figure this out. Don’t search for anything that predicted this. Nothing predicted this. Prior to its 63-58 win over Purdue – just the second time a 16-seed has won a game in men’s NCAA tournament history – FDU was 298th on KenPom. 298th. This is a team that had 12 – 12! – losses to sub-200 KenPom teams. This is a team that shouldn’t even be in the tournament.

And then, the most amazing upset in NCAA history happened. (Sorry, UMBC.) Zach Edey finished 7-for-11 with 21 points. But Tobin Anderson strategized to limit the projected Wooden Award winner’s touches by sending every person who had ever attended FDU at the 7-foot-4 star. The rest of Purdue’s team finished 12-for-42. The gamble worked, and now Sean Moore (19 points) and the Knights will be legends forever.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 Really hoping for a Pitt-Penn St 3rd round game. I enjoy seeing matchups like that. I have a lot of Pennsylvania connections in the Pittsburgh area so it’ll be fun if it happens. Pitt surprised me yesterday. I wasn’t able to watch but kept looking at the score in utter amazement.

• @wissox I am beginning to think you are connected to somebody pretty much everywhere.

• @mayjay Yeah, I’ve been around and I have the strange habit of making connections. In short mom was born in Pittsburgh. That’s enough for me to say go Pitt-PSU! Strange thing is living in Baton Rouge I didn’t connect at all with LSU.

• @wissox You’ll always have Ben Simmons! 😝

• Ok so the selection commitee has Duke as a 5 seed and Tennessee as the 4, but odds makers have Duke as a 4 pt favorite. I guess we’ll see who’s right.

• The bracket has shaped up nicely for Duke

• @stoptheflop said in NCAA NON- KU GAMES:

Ok so the selection commitee has Duke as a 5 seed and Tennessee as the 4, but odds makers have Duke as a 4 pt favorite. I guess we’ll see who’s right.

And, KU is the slimmest favorite (-3.5) as a #1 seed in the 2nd round - ever…I guess we’ll see on that one, as well…

• @stoptheflop said in NCAA NON- KU GAMES:

Ok so the selection commitee has Duke as a 5 seed and Tennessee as the 4, but odds makers have Duke as a 4 pt favorite. I guess we’ll see who’s right.

Honestly, I’m surprised Duke isn’t a bigger favorite considering Tennessee is missing their PG. Duke has also been playing really good basketball for the last month and is much better than the team KU played in November, just like Tennessee is nowhere near as good as when KU played them.

• @DCHawker said in NCAA NON- KU GAMES:

@stoptheflop said in NCAA NON- KU GAMES:

And, KU is the slimmest favorite (-3.5) as a #1 seed in the 2nd round - ever…I guess we’ll see on that one, as well…

Not having Self was probably a big factor in that line and probably would’ve jumped a bit if he was coaching today.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in NCAA NON- KU GAMES:

@stoptheflop said in NCAA NON- KU GAMES:

Honestly, I’m surprised Duke isn’t a bigger favorite considering Tennessee is missing their PG. Duke has also been playing really good basketball for the last month and is much better than the team KU played in November, just like Tennessee is nowhere near as good as when KU played them.

Yes, I forgot Tennessee’s pt guard is out. Thanks.

I believe Duke is going to blow out Tenn today and clearly put themselves on the map as a tournament favorite. I hope I’m wrong and I hope I jinx them!

• Charles Barkley said it right yesterday when commenting about the Purdue loss. Teams have to have a Plan B… probably even a Plan C. When your stuff isn’t working, you have to have an answer.

I’m curious what our Plan B is? I think it could be the half-court press and hope we are working on it daily.

• San Diego St dominating Furman so far

• @drgnslayr said in NCAA NON- KU GAMES:

@Texas-Hawk-10 said in NCAA NON- KU GAMES:

I believe Duke is going to blow out Tenn today and clearly put themselves on the map as a tournament favorite. I hope I’m wrong and I hope I jinx them!

There’s still a few teams I’d have over Duke at this point.

• @drgnslayr We’re on plan D! Very little bench to lean on. No head coach. Yikes!!! For the positive spin - Bill was able to implement his game plan during practice. Bill has them tuned up. Now as for jitters due to over preparation meeting game day - they have Norm just smiling at them on the sideline.

@drgnslayr said in NCAA NON- KU GAMES:

Duke is looking really - -really good. - They are finally all healthy, - got a human eraser in Lively , - Felip -a 7 footer that can drain 3’s rebounds well - -they playing really good defense - -just think they are becoming a very complee athletic team - -athletic as all get out

• @jayballer67 said in NCAA NON- KU GAMES:

Duke is looking really - -really good. - They are finally all healthy, - got a human eraser in Lively , - Felip -a 7 footer that can drain 3’s rebounds well - -they playing really good defense - -just think they are becoming a very complee athletic team - -athletic as all get out

I’m aware of all that. They’re also a young team and youth hasn’t won a title in awhile. I wouldn’t be shocked if they make the Final Four, but that doesn’t change that there’s still 3-4 teams I’d still take over Duke in the late rounds. I would still take Alabama, Houston, KU, and UCLA over Duke today.

@jayballer67 said in NCAA NON- KU GAMES:

I’m aware of all that. They’re also a young team and youth hasn’t won a title in awhile. I wouldn’t be shocked if they make the Final Four, but that doesn’t change that there’s still 3-4 teams I’d still take over Duke in the late rounds. I would still take Alabama, Houston, KU, and UCLA over Duke today.

And your entitled to do that. Doesn’t mean Duke can’t win it - -I’ll take Duke over Alabama all day long - -every day. I am not impressed with Alabama period they have escaped so many defeats this year, They was mentioning today they thought Alabama very well might get beat today -I’ll take Duke over Houston. Houston has no answre for Duke size and athletism . Duke will match Alabama player for player all day long - -depth - Ya thanks I’ll take Duke over those two anytime , anywhere

And your entitled to do that. Doesn’t mean Duke can’t win it - -I’ll take Duke over Alabama all day long - -every day. I am not impressed with Alabama period they have escaped so many defeats this year, They was mentioning today they thought Alabama very well might get beat today -I’ll take Duke over Houston. Houston has no answre for Duke size and athletism . Duke will match Alabama player for player all day long - -depth - Ya thanks I’ll take Duke over those two anytime , anywhere

Duke has 5 freshmen in their rotation. When was the last time a team that was that dependent on freshmen won a title? The transfer portal era has shown that you need experience to win a national title. Experience matters and Duke doesn’t have it.

Duke has 5 freshmen in their rotation. When was the last time a team that was that dependent on freshmen won a title? The transfer portal era has shown that you need experience to win a national title. Experience matters and Duke doesn’t have it.

Jeremy Roach plays a VERY BIG part in their rotation- -one of their most important players. - And like Coach self would tell you himself. These guys are not Freshmen anymore, can’t be considered Freshmen any longer. - -Roach gives them experience - easy path to the final four. - -Will they win it ? - -who knows- but they have just a good as shot as Alabama - talent takes you a long ways

Jeremy Roach plays a VERY BIG part in their rotation- -one of their most important players. - And like Coach self would tell you himself. These guys are not Freshmen anymore, can’t be considered Freshmen any longer. - -Roach gives them experience - easy path to the final four. - -Will they win it ? - -who knows- but they have just a good as shot as Alabama - talent takes you a long ways

These guys are still freshmen and have never experienced the pressure of the NCAA Tournament. Even with an experienced PG, that doesn’t change that 5 of Duke’s 9 rotation players are freshmen and freshmen heavy teams very rarely cut the nets down. I haven’t said they can’t make the Final Four, Marquette is their only major challenge at this point assuming they get past today, but then they run into teams that have made a lot of deep runs in recent history. We also have no clue how Scheyer will handle the spotlight as a head coach yet.

• The key is Tennessee’s defense, they are 21-0 when holding teams to less than 60. But their offense has looked bad since Ziegler got hurt. I think Duke is playing well and has a good road would be shocked if they don’t make the FF

These guys are still freshmen and have never experienced the pressure of the NCAA Tournament. Even with an experienced PG, that doesn’t change that 5 of Duke’s 9 rotation players are freshmen and freshmen heavy teams very rarely cut the nets down. I haven’t said they can’t make the Final Four, Marquette is their only major challenge at this point assuming they get past today, but then they run into teams that have made a lot of deep runs in recent history. We also have no clue how Scheyer will handle the spotlight as a head coach yet.

I also haven’t said that Duke WILL WIN the national championship, but they are a very really bad match up nightmare for any team - -ANY TEAM. - -Lively inside Felip , Proctor - -Whitehead - -Roach - that big brusier they bring off the Bench - -not a Freshman - portal you talk about. - they match up really well with anybody - the question is - who matchs up with them really well. - Don’t ssay Kentucky because Kentucky IS NOT makig the final four. - -Your entitled to your opinion and to some I don’t disagtee, just as well as I’m entitled to mine, and nothing gonna change that either.I think they have just a good as chance now if not more to win it all with whats went down. - I don’t see anybody matching up- they gonna give anybody hell on the defensive end - been playing really good defense - -my opinion - -your opinion it’s all good

• Duke flopping like crazy

• Well I guess that’s one way of Matchig up with Duke- - grab your helments - lmao - - the guy just leveled him to get his 2nd foul you watch that replay - - -THAT was NO FLOP - he got LEVELED great football block

• @jayballer67 the first one without question a flop, the second one he at least touched him but definitely acting involved IMO.

• @kjayhawks said in NCAA NON- KU GAMES:

@jayballer67 the first one without question a flop, the second one he at least touched him but definitely acting involved IMO.

lmao ya 1st one was - -2nd one? - -gotta disagree he just ran in and blindsided him. - you can see Tennesse game plan just be really physical try and intimidate. Roach crying about the jump ball - - it was a jump ball

• @jayballer67 could be, I feel like Dook is about ready to blow this wide open unfortunately

• @kjayhawks said in NCAA NON- KU GAMES:

@jayballer67 could be, I feel like Dook is about ready to blow this wide open unfortunately

yeah, don’t think Tennessee can score enough…

• Really Really physical

• Tenn is playing WVU ball.

@kjayhawks said in NCAA NON- KU GAMES:

@jayballer67 could be, I feel like Dook is about ready to blow this wide open unfortunately

They may not need to score much if they can continue with the physical defense in the 2nd half…

• I feel like Tennessee has the right game plan but can they do it for another half? I don’t see Duke only scoring 21 points in the second half. This game is a race to 60.

• @Jethro said in NCAA NON- KU GAMES:

Tenn is playing WVU ball.

Big Key Duke could be in trouble now - - -Roach 3 fouls

@DCHawker said in NCAA NON- KU GAMES:

@kjayhawks said in NCAA NON- KU GAMES:

They may not need to score much if they can continue with the physical defense in the 2nd half…

Really physical

• Tenn did the same thing to us. Bully ball. Filipowski had quite a shiner underneath the eye.