Fran Hate Us game chat

• Jump ball. Lol.

• @bskeet like listening to scouting report

• fouled at least twice and they call jump ball OK

• @benshawks08 can’t shoot Can’t throw it down low for a post move Guards don’t drive to hit floaters or create for others

Literally big 12 good teams have us figured out. Go under on ball screens and dare Juan and Bobby to shoot.

So far Juan isn’t proving his shot is as good as Bill sees in practice

I said after his 18 point game he is THE most important player and people didn’t agree. It’s blatantly obvious.

• Fran with the utterly idiotic stat

• get the ball to Jank

• I don’t think there’s 1 thing to learn from this game. Doesn’t even look like our team by in large. They flat didn’t get out of bed, didn’t get off the bus, and were NOT ready to play. Nothing else

• Isu still has starters in

• Have a better day y’all

• Why not include James Naismith in that list and go back to 1909

• Whelp. I’m going to rake the back yard. Oak tree finally finished dumping leaves.

Rock chalk!

• WTF was Rice doing - literally no effort…

• Morning games are becoming a tradition of suckage.

• Well that sucked. On to the next one

• Either Rice isn’t giving effort or he really has no clue on D.

• Morning pacific

• @bskeet yes. Please God put us later in the day in March. Or it’s early to head home this year

• @DCHawker let him transfer he’s weak

Said last game at half he couldn’t go

If im Bill im down with him. He got hit in the mouth as a frosh and hasn’t gotten up to ever punch

Give me the new freshman and get some legit transfers who can score.

Bill prioritizes defense which is backwards. Way easier to teach an athlete to guard versus teaching a guy who can’t shoot or score to just magically at 19-20 learn how to do that

• We’ve seen this before and it’s a bitter pill but we can play much better. Nice game JWill. Thank you.

• @dylans guessing this has way more to do with why we don’t see him much than any spasms

• If someone told me there would be 4 teams from the Big12 in the elite 8 and Kansas isn’t one of them, i wouldn’t be surprised. Disappointed, but not surprised. This team is too fragile.

• Bottom line is - - -just way to many flaws with this team - - -39 % from 3- -turn it over 20 times - overall % horrible. - -No scoring, every time out same song Jalen Wilson

KJ - -Juan - – Grady – -Kevin 18 - - points total. - - Grady 25 % 3 point shooting last three weeks THAT’S not gonna win you very many games. - - Unfortunately seen this to many times

• Unlike previous Self coached teams, this team does not show fight when things are tough. This is so difficult to see as a fan.

• The sky isnt falling. This team is fine. Championship bound? Probably not. There is always a lot to learn from a loss. If we have to lose, lets do it before March.

• Was anyone chanting 'Over-rated "?

Besides me?

• You will lose just about every game you shoot 38% on the road.

The 12 o clock start time was bullshit today but that didn’t matter. At the end of the day this team has 1 guy that gets it

• Was 11 here.

• The team is actually great when they come to play. I saw very little to nothing today that said we were ready to play this game. Outside of JWil for certain. We’ve all seen they are better than this and we’ll see it again. The worry is what the formula is for when they look so completely out of it, like today. So far I can see “early” games. Also we’re appearing a lil "live and die by the 3 ish.
    Today looked like not awake, not focused, not intense

• @Crimsonorblue22 was 9am here

• Definitely a live and die by the 3 attitude. And when they don’t fall, we don’t have a way to stem the bleeding. No outside-in or hi-lo action. Too much dribble drive and get bumped and miss the tear-drop or high off the glass or fade away jumper low percentage shots. And rarely a foul called on the contact that is generated from said prayer shot.

• I take full responsibility. We should have used the thread @BShark started.

• @approxinfinity said in Fran Hate Us game chat:

The sky isnt falling. This team is fine. Championship bound? Probably not. There is always a lot to learn from a loss. If we have to lose, lets do it before March.

The sky isn’t falling but not sure how you define “fine.” We could easily end up .500 in the league. Not sure I see more than 3 should-wins. 11-7 is probably the ceiling. We still have 4 tough road games and Baylor and Texas at home.

Doesn’t mean we can’t win a few games in the post-season, but it may end up being as 3-4 seed and little margin for an off game.

• I think we’re fine. We just can’t play early. We’re asleep. CS seemed to agree without watching tape “energy and effort” were lacking. Based on ISU probably getting 75-80% of 50/50 balls.

Obviously we’ve all seen that they aren’t by in large the team that we watched today

• The Big 12 is just a beast of a league this year. We’re in February and nobody in the league has an overall record below .500 yet. We’re probably getting 7 teams in the tournament with likely 6 teams getting tip 4 seeds. 13-5 or 12-6 likely wins the league this year. More than any other season, winning home games will be vital to winning or sharing the conference title. The TCU loss has been the most damaging to KU’s Big 12 chances. KU has to hold serve at home in their last 4 home games. They also have win both games in Oklahoma on the 11th and 14th and split the road games at TCU and Texas.

Can KU do that? Absolutely they can do that, but will they do that is another story. I’ll feel a lot better about KU’s chances if they can beat Texas on Monday. To do that, they need to focus on playing elite defense because that’s where their offense is going to come from. There’s no help on the bench unless the light suddenly comes on for MJ Rice or Yesufu goes on a run like he had his last year at Drake.

• Soft as a pillow. Too many guys playing soft.

hastens-pillow-indoor-bedroom-accessories.jpg

• @DCHawker self said in pregame they had a few problems getting there last night. Got there about 8:30. Curfew was 10:15, up at 6 I think. Don’t imagine he’d use it as an excuse. It was pregame.

• Another 10 plus deficit in the first half. We weren’t torqued up but 6/23 from three is not a new result for us. If we hit 4 more it’s a lift and pressure on the Cyclones and virtually a toss up game. Other than that we go 11/21 well meh. We just can’t shoot straight and 53 points is pretty pathetic but ISU didn’t burn the house down themselves. How many offensive fouls about 8 or 9? Ist half at KSU down by 15. By 22 at home against TCU. At Baylor down by 13. A team that gets down by 6 to 10 possessions is a lot of stops and successful results on our end. 11-7 in conference and 8 losses going into the NCAA’s. A really good result for most but we are spoiled brats.

• Couple of post game thoughts. Maybe i’ll make em lazy thoughts, just like our effort today! ha. or not ha.

– Dejuan needs help. He’s beat. We do not have a capable backup PG. Bobby has made ONE play this year. one. it helped, but just the one. He gets sped up and out of control. simplify!

– Jalen needs help. Not a brilliant observation, but going into the season it seemed obvious that if you shut down Jalen, you stand a chance of winning. Well, i guess it works if you let him play a bit, and just shut everybody else down. Calling any available JUCO scorers…

– Iowa State had a good defensive game plan. Unfortunate that the coaching staff could not figure out how to counter.

– Gradey was a freshman today.

– Can we just not turn the ball over on fast breaks, please? not that we had a lot of em, but the few we had we seemed to boggle. Sloppy.

• You’re just not going to win when your opponent shoots 17 more shots than you do. Rebounding was bad. Defense was bad. Offensively we pass the ball too much while in the air and try to make the “extra” pass too much.

If you’re open shoot the ball.

Would have like to see Bill go with a “big” lineup today for a bit with KJ at the 4 and Udeh at the 5. I think it lets you post KJ up and offers a better rebound and defensive matchup.

This was always going to be a tough game. Was an L on the books already. Show up Monday. I actually like the matchup against UT.

• Texas was getting boards.

• @Kcmatt7 said in Fran Hate Us game chat:

You’re just not going to win when your opponent shoots 17 more shots than you do. Rebounding was bad. Defense was bad. Offensively we pass the ball too much while in the air and try to make the “extra” pass too much.

Would have like to see Bill go with a “big” lineup today for a bit with KJ at the 4 and Udeh at the 5. I think it lets you post KJ up and offers a better rebound and defensive matchup.

This was always going to be a tough game. Was an L on the books already. Show up Monday. I actually like the matchup against UT.

The shots attempted stat has always fascinated me. I wish i could interview Self for a few minutes to ask him how other teams get to shoot nearly 20 more shots than us, and the impact that has.

that seems just nuts to me. instant observation: we had, what, 20 turnovers? that just about makes up the difference?

• Worried cause UT eyetests way way way more athletic than us atm. But it doesn’t always mean anything. Gotta believe it helps tho. Lol

• @Kcmatt7 said in Fran Hate Us game chat:

You’re just not going to win when your opponent shoots 17 more shots than you do. Rebounding was bad. Defense was bad. Offensively we pass the ball too much while in the air and try to make the “extra” pass too much.

Part of the shot differential was with FT’s attempted. I don’t believe a team gets credited with a shot attempt on a foul unless the player makes the shot and KU shot 9 more FT’s than ISU did. Obviously that doesn’t fully account for the shot differential, but that’s likely a few of them. Turnovers were definitely the biggest single issue today as you rarely beat a top 15 team on the road being -10 in turnovers for the game.

• TO’s meant a lot for sure. What I hate is so many were just sleepy unforced stuff. Had to be 7-8 of them that we just made a dumb pass or what have you

• @kuballin10 said in Fran Hate Us game chat:

@BShark we go as Juan goes. Juan has been brutal and go figure we get blown out.

Doesn’t help Gradey can’t hit anything and Mccullar only plays defense

When Bobby and Juan were in genius to play the 1-3-1 and let them toss it back and forth for 25 seconds and barely get a shot up

Neither of a guards attack well

The friendly confines of AFH mask a lot

Yeah we need a guard that can break down a defender and drive to score. I am hopeful Elmarko can be that guy.

• Clemence is out 2-3 weeks it looks with a bruised knee

• I think there comes a time when we just have to admit it. This team just doesn’t have it Period.- -Way to many flaws.- Turnovers , no scoring consistently , to many easy scores on the other end. - -Looking like a 2nd weekend out in the Tourney - -Sorry but sooner or late just got tor realize-- it’s not there this year, Grady tailed of - -Kevin no offense-- - -Juan just a shell of himself - lost all confidence - Bobbie --Pssst - -Joe give me something positive - - - - Udeh has to learn FAST NOW I mean FAST. - -Zuby out ----Zach out - – - just not a good look right now.

Just have to win Monday for even a punchers chance - Texas took a huge step today separating themselves - to much of a cluster–we have got TO WIN - - & got to steal wins at Oklahoma & okie state- - - - just don’t look good, plain and simple

• @cragarhawk UT is more athletic than tcu

It’s a must win game in AFH but I think we get bodied or dog walked on Monday and this board starts to see things for how they really are

When your most underrated should be an all American 4 year pg has 2 points, 3 assist and 2 turnovers

While his counterpart goes: 9 points, 10 assists and 8 boards as a true freshman (Lipsey)

Yeah that doesn’t bode well. Juan gets his steals and he gets beat off the dribble as much as Gradey. Isu went right at both of them

• @jayballer67 Juan is who he was last year.

He just doesn’t have a remy this year to bail him out

A guy who averages 5 pg’s and 3-4 apg last year Bill said is going to be “grrreeaattt” this year and he is wrong

Juan scores 2 more often than 12 which go figure is who he has always been

He is a solid backup ppg which is when our team took off when remy started playing more minutes than him last year

Issue - Bobby sucks and Joe is worse. Bring in the frosh, a transfer guard, a transfer athletic 4 and 5

• I guess I’m just not that down on Juan or any one player. We just didn’t look engaged today like we can be and that’s disappointing. I hate losing because of effort and things like that. I’m okay with getting beat by a better performance