2022 Transfer Portal Thread

• @FarmerJayhawk said in 2022 Transfer Portal Thread:

@BeddieKU23 said in 2022 Transfer Portal Thread:

@FarmerJayhawk

I’d take that weather. Going to be 55 in my neck of the woods tomm

I will absolutely take that trade!

When you expect 80 85 this time of yr and have 6, 7 months of pure cold yeah I’ll trade anyday!

• @FarmerJayhawk A vet was on tv tonight and said he said he’s only seen this twice, it’s a very rare weather phenomenon. It’s also very hard on the owners and the vets trying to help.

• Our a/c went out. 97 now. On their way!

• Yay, only a capacitor! Fixed now.

Heat sucks!

• @mayjay said in 2022 Transfer Portal Thread:

Yay, only a capacitor! Fixed now.

Heat sucks!

you can say that again

• @mayjay good thing you won’t be like those cattle!🐂 it really is a bad thing, shouldn’t make light of it. Pretty rough thing to see. The governor has stepped in to help.

• As someone who has been around feedyards for over 40 years -unfortunately feed timing has nothing to do with the death loss @Crimsonorblue22 it’s too bad as that would be an easy fix - the cattle have feed in front of them all day long - starts at 6 am, second feeding around noon third feeding finishing up around 4:30 - some places only feed twice 6-12 am and 1-4pm - 35,000-95,000 head of cattle per lot, it doesn’t happen instantly. Feed timing makes a big difference for cows that are calving - feed once per day at night and they are likely calve in the morning.

The pens were testing up to 150 degrees - wet manure on the ground was black, no shade, 106 degree air temps, high humidity (for here), and zero wind. These dead animals were 400-500# overweight and black too. The feedyards job is to pack weight on them and get good marbling in the meat, that doesn’t happen on a skinny animal - they are morbidly obese by the time they leave (or in this case die).

If you want pure comedy gold read any of the comments on twitter about it. - they were poisoned, the rancher needs more water for them, the government did it like they killed the buffalo, chem-trails, all 10,000 died on a ranch etc etc. it’s funny until you realize they are serious and are allowed to vote.

10,000+ cattle dead is hard on the owners of the cattle, they would’ve had all the expense in the animal with no income/ insurance to cover the loss. The feedyards don’t own all the cattle in the yards - just a portion the rest is custom fed by little guys like me - only lost one that I know of - locally raised so they handled the weather better.

Figure $1700-1850/ dead animal x10,000

• @dylans Yet another facet of meat production that I enable myself to forget in order to stay sane. 😶

• @dylans said in 2022 Transfer Portal Thread:

As someone who has been around feedyards for over 40 years -unfortunately feed timing has nothing to do with the death loss @Crimsonorblue22 it’s too bad as that would be an easy fix - the cattle have feed in front of them all day long - starts at 6 am, second feeding around noon third feeding finishing up around 4:30 - some places only feed twice 6-12 am and 1-4pm - 35,000-95,000 head of cattle per lot, it doesn’t happen instantly. Feed timing makes a big difference for cows that are calving - feed once per day at night and they are likely calve in the morning.

The pens were testing up to 150 degrees - wet manure on the ground was black, no shade, 106 degree air temps, high humidity (for here), and zero wind. These dead animals were 400-500# overweight and black too. The feedyards job is to pack weight on them and get good marbling in the meat, that doesn’t happen on a skinny animal - they are morbidly obese by the time they leave (or in this case die).

If you want pure comedy gold read any of the comments on twitter about it. - they were poisoned, the rancher needs more water for them, the government did it like they killed the buffalo, chem-trails, all 10,000 died on a ranch etc etc. it’s funny until you realize they are serious and are allowed to vote.

10,000+ cattle dead is hard on the owners of the cattle, they would’ve had all the expense in the animal with no income/ insurance to cover the loss. The feedyards don’t own all the cattle in the yards - just a portion the rest is custom fed by little guys like me - only lost one that I know of - locally raised so they handled the weather better.

Figure $1700-1850/ dead animal x10,000

My favorite is Bill Gates had them whacked to make us eat plant burgers

• @FarmerJayhawk Putin death ray is great too

• @FarmerJayhawk This is extra funny because it’s like a fraction of a percentage of the cattle is Kansas alone. Like, if someone was really going to do something like that, you’d have to kill A LOT more.

Most in one place was reported at 2,000. Been reading up on it. Maybe 10k across the state but we don’t know for sure from when I last looked.

• K-St lands their 7th transfer in Tykei Greene, SG/Wing from Stony Brook. They still have a few more open spots.

K-St is likely to be among the worst Power 5 schools in Basketball this season. Their awesome fanbase can thank Bruce again

• @BeddieKU23 said in 2022 Transfer Portal Thread:

K-St lands their 7th transfer in Tykei Greene, SG/Wing from Stony Brook. They still have a few more open spots.

K-St is likely to be among the worst Power 5 schools in Basketball this season. Their awesome fanbase can thank Bruce again

What you think about the group they bringing in ?- I serious no nothing on these guys. - I seriously hope mybe they could become a little more competitive, new players - - New Coach - -what you think my friend

• @jayballer67

I think they will be on the worst teams in Power 5. Not one of the 7 transfers is a game changer. Nowell was a pain for us last year but that’s about it. No idea what to expect from the new coach but I would expect a lot of growing pains

@jayballer67

I think they will be on the worst teams in Power 5. Not one of the 7 transfers is a game changer. Nowell was a pain for us last year but that’s about it. No idea what to expect from the new coach but I would expect a lot of growing pains

Thanks for the info my friend. Al I knew I hadn’t really hadn’t heard about any of these guys

K-St lands their 7th transfer in Tykei Greene, SG/Wing from Stony Brook. They still have a few more open spots.

More scraps. But hey, you’d rather fill it out than not, throw numbers at it.

BTW, Emoni Bates to EMU. 😂

• @BShark said in 2022 Transfer Portal Thread:

@BeddieKU23 said in 2022 Transfer Portal Thread:

More scraps. But hey, you’d rather fill it out than not, throw numbers at it.

BTW, Emoni Bates to EMU. 😂

Emoni Bates is from Ypsilanti, so that actually isn’t as big a surprise as it may seem. He’s just a kid going back home to go to school.

• @justanotherfan Yeah it’s just…a big fall from Gatorade POTY, all the hype etc.

He seems like a fine kid, with some potential bad influences. He’s a pro player, with the level tbd depending on the work he puts in from this point forward. This is a pivotal moment for him.

• Bates just turned 18 in January. Wild he’ll be a sophomore in college. Maybe heading down a level will help him out. Being away from media and all that jazz.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in 2022 Transfer Portal Thread:

Bates just turned 18 in January. Wild he’ll be a sophomore in college. Maybe heading down a level will help him out. Being away from media and all that jazz.

I was 17 frosh year in college too. Thank god I didn’t get carded much at The Hawk!

• @rockchalkjayhawk said in 2022 Transfer Portal Thread:

@FarmerJayhawk said in 2022 Transfer Portal Thread:

Bates just turned 18 in January. Wild he’ll be a sophomore in college. Maybe heading down a level will help him out. Being away from media and all that jazz.

I was 17 frosh year in college too. Thank god I didn’t get carded much at The Hawk!

You speak for all of us there 😂

• This is a huge get for them if he can play 30 mpg. KSU has done well over the offseason, but I think they’re in for a wake-up call come B12 play.

KU, TCU and Baylor are probably 3 of the top 4 teams. UT is going to have backcourt starting Marcus Carr and Tyrese Hunter while returning Timmy Allen. Tech lost really good players, but I suspect they’ll still finish top half of the league.

Then you have the unknowns. Does Porter Moser get rolling now in his 2nd season? Does TJ put guys on the floor who can score in Ames this season? Does OSU take a step forward? Huggy landed some guys who can score the ball a bit this offseason. I expect them to be improved.

B12 is stacked again. KSU is going to be able to win some games, but to take the leap from last in the B12 to a tournament team is a big ask.

• @Kcmatt7 nice. Ive been so happy with soccer and sated from a KU championship that i didnt hunger for CBB until your post. Good stuff!

• @Kcmatt7 said in 2022 Transfer Portal Thread:

This is a huge get for them if he can play 30 mpg. KSU has done well over the offseason, but I think they’re in for a wake-up call come B12 play.

KU, TCU and Baylor are probably 3 of the top 4 teams. UT is going to have backcourt starting Marcus Carr and Tyrese Hunter while returning Timmy Allen. Tech lost really good players, but I suspect they’ll still finish top half of the league.

Then you have the unknowns. Does Porter Moser get rolling now in his 2nd season? Does TJ put guys on the floor who can score in Ames this season? Does OSU take a step forward? Huggy landed some guys who can score the ball a bit this offseason. I expect them to be improved.

B12 is stacked again. KSU is going to be able to win some games, but to take the leap from last in the B12 to a tournament team is a big ask.

Excellent post. Couldn’t agree more, I think they will be improved for sure , but it’s gonna take time

• West Virginia trying to slide one more transfer into the current year. Manhattan transfer guard Jose Perez has applied for a waiver to play for West Virginia this season after the Manhattan coach was fired just before the season was about to start. Would be a big pickup for them considering how badly Huggins has navigated the new transfer era

• @FarmerJayhawk Yes, he is eligible to play this year. Send Cam to Washburn.