2023 Recruiting

• @BeddieKU23 He wanted to schedule only 2 blue blood visits He decided on visiting Duke who already have 10 5 stars for the class and UNC who offered him after they lost GG Jackson. He have have relatives who went to UNC most likely he goes there.

• Chris Johnson will be announce his college decision on Tuesday August 2nd

• @JAYHAWKFAN214 Election Day

• @Crimsonorblue22 Bit of a big one on the ballot this time too…

• If he lands here and commits on the 2nd - - Will be a great Birthday present for me. - - Birthday on the 2nd - - Wedding Anniversary on the 2nd. What more could I ask for lol

• @BShark said in 2023 Recruiting:

@Crimsonorblue22 Bit of a big one on the ballot this time too…

Man that 109th House primary is a BARN BURNER

• Also Chris Johnson is good and we should be happy he’s a Jayhawk

• What I learned from Arkansas fans (as they were hot on Johnson as well)- they think their home arena is better then Allen Fieldhouse. You can’t make this stuff up

• @Crimsonorblue22 said in 2023 Recruiting:

@BeddieKU23 lol!

Yes they do think that

• @BeddieKU23 said in 2023 Recruiting:

What I learned from Arkansas fans (as they were hot on Johnson as well)- they think their home arena is better then Allen Fieldhouse. You can’t make this stuff up

Their thread about this on the 247 board is solid gold. Musselman is better than Self! LOL

• Elijah Gertrude a 6’3 Guard out of Huson NJ. 1st time heard anything about him , talking about working on relationship with KU looking to visit , probably he said after School starts - -he is all about Dense , defense , defense it was said. - -Don’t think really anything serious but who kows’

I guess we are still in on JP Estrella also just visited Iowa and planned trip to Syracuse , another one I knew we were after early but don’t know how serious we are still persuing this kid now

@BeddieKU23 said in 2023 Recruiting:

What I learned from Arkansas fans (as they were hot on Johnson as well)- they think their home arena is better then Allen Fieldhouse. You can’t make this stuff up

Their thread about this on the 247 board is solid gold. Musselman is better than Self! LOL

Talk about a fanbase drinking some serious Kool aid from a pond in the Ozarks

• @Crimsonorblue22 said in 2023 Recruiting:

@BeddieKU23 lol!

I wish I was kidding. Methzu and K St level crazy

@BShark said in 2023 Recruiting:

Arkansas borders Missouri. Rly makes u think.

@BShark said in 2023 Recruiting:

Arkansas borders Missouri. Rly makes u think.

I should have known. My geography was slipping today

• I’ll take some Mr Johnson for my birthday present tomorrow & Thank you lol

• Well today’s the day

• Chris Johnson has committed to Kansas

• Welcome Chris you made the right choice.

Rock Chalk

• For your viewing pleasure. One of the best highlight tapes I’ve seen in a while. Shows off his court awareness, ability to change pace, make quick decisions, and finish at and away from the rim.

• Johnson was quoted as saying from the 1st minute he stepped onto the KU campus he knew this is where he belonged , where he wanted to go , even the School wasn’t in session. Loved the Campus, talked about his relationship with Case and talking with Coach Self. - -good to hear

• The thing I like best about Chris Johnson is the suddenness that he plays with. When you watch him, his moves are all very sudden. I’m not sure how quick he is, but the suddenness that everything happens with makes his first step seem even more dangerous.

That shot delivery uncurls a bit slower than I am comfortable with, but he can make shots, so cleaning up form is always possible. I’d be more worried if he were a poor shooter. He’s more of an average shooter, but there is potential there.

Johnson could be the athletic combo guard we have been missing. He’s a point that could slide to the wing, so I think he could fit into a variety of lineups (especially if the shooting improves). I’m still not 100% sure what the depth chart will look like, but when you can add talent, you add talent.

• @justanotherfan yep, that change of pace. I suppose if he can be sudden enough to create space for his shot then he’ll be fine.

That change of pace is why Frank Mason was so good at getting to the basket. He wasn’t just blazing through the paint, he changed it up, kept people off balance, was prepared with floaters, etc. I love that kind of play.

• I think Evans actually has some serious interest in KU. , question is does KU have Serious interest in Evans ? - -I hope so - -I think we would be in good shape is we show some love for the kid. - You can nevre have enough good quality big men - the bonus here is Evans is a serious rim protector. - - Whay ya think ?

• @jayballer67 your last sentence is exactly why we should offer.

Bills D with a legit rim protector is borderline unfair.

• I can’t say if Gertrude is a KU level guy or not. But I do think we could see a situation where the only two guards we have for sure on next years roster are Bobby and Dajuan. In this scenario I’m counting MJ and Gradey as wings obviously.

I could see us taking Mikey and then going after a transfer in the portal.

• Well I know not our recruiting ( KU ) But just saw where K/State Coach Tang landed another 4 * SG today. - -RJ Jones - - Looks like this Tang guy is no joke, he has a pretty dang good class sitting up , he keeps going gonna make me mad lol. trying to make them into something

• I know you guys might have stronger sentiments, but my dislike was always for Bruce and not for K. State. I enjoyed the Huggins and Martin years.

• @TYOHawk All the Guards are taken for this class Never say someone isn’t a KU guy.We give out scholarships like candy but because Coach Self believes he can develop anyone definitely proved me wrong with a 2 star in Och and Cb becoming First rounders but we had to take those players because recruiting was at our lowest But if a guy wants to Commit they’ll take him on the spot Mikey would be great but can’t wait on his decision he could announce next spring if he wants to. I really want Taison for the last guard commit the Adidas Scoring leader at 24 ppg over the summer. But if we can’t have either those 2 than Jamari then Gertrude the last option. I also see Cuffe transferring after this year because of no minutes in the future so portal player for us

• @approxinfinity said in 2023 Recruiting:

I know you guys might have stronger sentiments, but my dislike was always for Bruce and not for K. State. I enjoyed the Huggins and Martin years.

Actually in all honesty maybe they will be better, just that much better for the strength of the conference , just that much tougher , no cake walks

• @approxinfinity said in 2023 Recruiting:

I know you guys might have stronger sentiments, but my dislike was always for Bruce and not for K. State. I enjoyed the Huggins and Martin years.

KState is the annoying little brother. Missouri is the one I hate.

• @KirkIsMyHinrich this exactly.

• one time target Scottie Middleton commits to Ohio St

• Article on 247 this morning mentioned Gertrude being very similar to Jaden Ivey when Ivey was a prep prospect. I’m intrigued…

• @TYOHawk said in 2023 Recruiting:

Article on 247 this morning mentioned Gertrude being very similar to Jaden Ivey when Ivey was a prep prospect. I’m intrigued…

Watched some youtube and he is intriguing. Athleticism and length are there for sure.

@TYOHawk said in 2023 Recruiting:

Article on 247 this morning mentioned Gertrude being very similar to Jaden Ivey when Ivey was a prep prospect. I’m intrigued…

Watched some youtube and he is intriguing. Athleticism and length are there for sure.

I think you and I both may have missed the boat on this guy man. - The Anylsts that he is talking about talks about how he might end up making the biggest jump of any player in rankings. - -Scored from all 3 levels long arms and explosive athletic to quote the article , Saying behind the scene’s he has been one of the hottest names all Spring & Summer - -having said that I just don’t think there is room for him - -I mean I know we are losing 2 after the year but other then that - -then we have other possibilities like Mikey - - & Dennis to use any available on- - I don’t know man

• FYI. - - some early numbers of composite score of 23 team rankings : - - - Iowa State # 4 - - - -Kansas State # 8 - - -Baylor # 9 - - - Texas Tech # 13 - - -KU # 27 - - -Oklahoma State # 32 - - -Oklahoma # 35 - - - & TCU # 53.

We know this will change but just where things are at the present

@TYOHawk said in 2023 Recruiting:

Sounds like he is going to see a major bump in rankings soon. If he sets a visit here I’m very intrigued to see if they press, they seem legitimately interested in him

• KU did not make TJ Power’s Top 5. Definitely was trending that way. He’s bound for one end or the other end of tobacco road if I had to guess

• @BeddieKU23 Correct. KU had no shot.

• Didn’t he have family who went to UNC? I’d guess he probably ends up there.

• I think I’m getting a sense of our 2023 strategy. Take raw tools and develop. None of the more recent targets are close to finished products or really even going to help as freshmen.

• @FarmerJayhawk Bill telling them they can play right away. Wink wink. 🐐

• Elmarko Jackson blurb. No wonder why Self is after him, Frank Mason mentioned vibes

If his resume from last month did not speak enough volumes, Elmarko Jackson once again has completely taken advantage of the platform presented to him.

The biggest thing that blew me away when watching him play was his ability to get wherever he needed to with a combination of elite burst and physicality. He brings Frank Mason vibes due to his strength, athleticism, and high evolving skill level.

The month of July was great to him as he collected in eye-opening offers from the likes of Kansas, UCLA, and Villanova. Add in schools such as Miami, Maryland, and Texas in the picture, and we are talking about a point guard who is bound to make a leap in the rankings because of his ability to immediately help each of those programs win in some form or fashion.*

Elmarko Jackson blurb. No wonder why Self is after him, Frank Mason mentioned vibes

If his resume from last month did not speak enough volumes, Elmarko Jackson once again has completely taken advantage of the platform presented to him.

The biggest thing that blew me away when watching him play was his ability to get wherever he needed to with a combination of elite burst and physicality. He brings Frank Mason vibes due to his strength, athleticism, and high evolving skill level.

The month of July was great to him as he collected in eye-opening offers from the likes of Kansas, UCLA, and Villanova. Add in schools such as Miami, Maryland, and Texas in the picture, and we are talking about a point guard who is bound to make a leap in the rankings because of his ability to immediately help each of those programs win in some form or fashion.*

Elmarko Jackson blurb. No wonder why Self is after him, Frank Mason mentioned vibes

OK, so I got lost , who is this ElMarko Jackson’s blurb talking about here that we are recruiting ? Wit the Frank Mason mention.

• Elmarco Jackson is the recruit/player

• @RockkChalkk said in 2023 Recruiting:

Elmarco Jackson is the recruit/player

1st time ever heard his name mentioned

• @jayballer67 said in 2023 Recruiting:

OK, so I got lost , who is this ElMarko Jackson’s blurb talking about here that we are recruiting ? Wit the Frank Mason mention.

PG target. Looks like he will be seeing a bump in his rank and he reminds one of the 247 guys of Mason. Already a 4 star prospect