2023 Recruiting

• OK , so here is ANOTHER situation/scenario going on , talk off TOS about this and just curious. Do you all think that KU is in any way shape or form throwing out their feelers anyways testing Bronny James ?

Bronny has KU as one of his 5 schools of interest. So let’s play this out, for the purpose of conversation hear say. Let’s just say there is some substance to the recruitment of Bronny & KU. Personally I don’t think there is a whisper of a chance of him ever landing but here is the question that is being tossed around. Would Bronny & Dad Lebron be to much of a negative drama thing if he were to come.

Would the negative out weigh the positive ? Now IF KU was actually serious in their recruitment Me - - just me I don’t think the drama would be an issue just don’t see it. - -Again really don’t think there is anything to even worry about-- IF you are but that’s the question. - we ( KU) seems look like we are positioned in on some big time talent for 23 hope it all works out

• @jayballer67 he’s Nike all the way don’t waste your thoughts on it lol

If he came here I think Self has a talk with Lebron along the lines of I’m the coach and call the shots. If you have an issue come to me and keep it out of the media. If you can’t do that go elsewhere (he ain’t coming here anyways). Self seems to handle those tough conversations well he’s an honest Okie and doesn’t bs to players on their legitimacy of playing. Probably lost some recruits because of it be at least he’s respectful and got character.

• Layden Blocker on campus today. High 4 star PG from Sunrise.

• @BeddieKU23 said in 2023 Recruiting:

Layden Blocker on campus today. High 4 star PG from Sunrise.

He has canceled his visit and he doesn’t know when or if he will reschedule

• @kuballin10 said in 2023 Recruiting:

@jayballer67 he’s Nike all the way don’t waste your thoughts on it lol

If he came here I think Self has a talk with Lebron along the lines of I’m the coach and call the shots. If you have an issue come to me and keep it out of the media. If you can’t do that go elsewhere (he ain’t coming here anyways). Self seems to handle those tough conversations well he’s an honest Okie and doesn’t bs to players on their legitimacy of playing. Probably lost some recruits because of it be at least he’s respectful and got character.

I have to agree and think your exactly right. Plus and this is just a scenario IF for some reason he did - -Like you said Self is not a guy that’s gonna cater to some self centered parent not saying Lebron is by any means. - That’s why we would of never of put up with ny of teh Ball’s because of daddy. Coach makes sure they know who the Coach of the team is and how it’s going to be period.

I’m sure Bronny is decent but seems like KU is in a position where we in good with some top tier players. This whole post by me was in reality for casual conversation & for sure not losing any sleep on Bronny. Thanks for your input bud

• Bronny is going wherever offers the best NIL deal which will probably end up being Duke followed by Kentucky. I don’t see him going the G-League route at this point because of NIL because Bronny is someone who could pull in 8 figures from NIL deals in college.

As far as actual ability, I’d absolutely take him in heartbeat if he wanted to come to KU. Skillwise, he’s not a OAD and he needs to develop his PG skills to reach the NBA and he’d be playing off the ball at KU which is currently his best position. I also don’t know if he’d start at KU over Harris, Pettiford, and McCullar if he came back for year two at KU. That’s also on top of if Dick or Rice are around for year two, I think it’s more likely Rice is than Dick.

Even though Bronny is a good player that I’d love to have, I don’t know that KU would be a great fit for him and that’s without factoring in NIL. I think with everything factored in, Bronny’s joining the Brotherhood for a year.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in 2023 Recruiting:

Bronny is going wherever offers the best NIL deal which will probably end up being Duke followed by Kentucky. I don’t see him going the G-League route at this point because of NIL because Bronny is someone who could pull in 8 figures from NIL deals in college.

As far as actual ability, I’d absolutely take him in heartbeat if he wanted to come to KU. Skillwise, he’s not a OAD and he needs to develop his PG skills to reach the NBA and he’d be playing off the ball at KU which is currently his best position. I also don’t know if he’d start at KU over Harris, Pettiford, and McCullar if he came back for year two at KU. That’s also on top of if Dick or Rice are around for year two, I think it’s more likely Rice is than Dick.

Even though Bronny is a good player that I’d love to have, I don’t know that KU would be a great fit for him and that’s without factoring in NIL. I think with everything factored in, Bronny’s joining the Brotherhood for a year.

Not saying you are right or wrong but if true, I just don’t understand. If your dad is literally a billionaire, why would money decide where you go to college? Makes no sense. I would have thought best chance of winning a title would be top attraction for him. But I’m just a dumb fan and don’t know.

• Blocker - – forget about it. - -he not even sure if he is going to re-schedule. Wonder why the change of heart ?

• There is no world where having a top 5 basketball player of all time near our program would be a bad thing.

• @RockkChalkk Because billionaires clearly don’t make decisions based on money. Also, no college basketball recruit has ever made a decision about what school to attend based on money.

Bronny will end up with the highest bidder which will probably be Duke.

• Still waiting for someone to answer me and tel me if there is any chance in hell we some how could get this worked out where Mikey Williams could end up here

• Does anyone know if KU is in a really solid spot to land a commit so far in 2023?- I’ve heard/read/seen where we have offered but not really seen where we are leading for ANYBODY .

Don’t need anyone coming with the obvious statement well it’s early don’t worry Bil always get a good group. - To that I say - - Thanks Captain Obvious. just haven’t really heard a lot of positive where it’s at that almost a given kid coming , of course again going to depend on roster turnover , portals and such - -just curious.

Dam the way it looks on paper anyways you might as well just mail the trophy to Duke for 2023 , I don’t get it. Sure I could see it some with K being there BUT SCHEYER ? really ?- -come on I mean dam.

Yet you look at what they got coming in - - 5 * - -Dereck Lively # 1 Center in the class - - 5 * - -Deriq Whitehead - - SF - - -5 * Kyle Felipowski C - - - -5 * Mark Mitchell - PF - -got a kid that re- classified - -was a 5 * but fell to 4 8 because of Re- Classification - -Tyrese Procter - - Jacob Grandison - -another 4 * Jaden Schutt. - -they got the top 2 Centers of the class. - -Now they also in heavy on ANOTHER CENTER JP Estrella. - -hell just call it a day - Just don’t see how they get all that talent

• Taisan Chatman will likely take an official visit to KU in the fall. The 4 star SG is one to watch apparently. #38 composite, #26 on 247.

Uconn, Xavier, Virginia also getting visits.

Taisan Chatman will likely take an official visit to KU in the fall. The 4 star SG is one to watch apparently. #38 composite, #26 on 247.

Uconn, Xavier, Virginia also getting visits.

Long combo guard, decent shot. Self splooged

• From Bossi

“Kansas loves Chatman. They’ll be in Minnesota to watch him this weekend as part of the first of June’s two scholastic periods.”

• @BShark said in 2023 Recruiting:

https://twitter.com/aj_johnson04/status/1538347486846144512

Love this offer. Kid has blew up this summer and you can still see he has another level to get to with weight training.

• @TYOHawk He’d be one of my top targets if I were the staff…

• @TYOHawk That’s Jalen Green little brother

• @NormRoberts They are not actually related per Eric Bossi. Super close though, and I think AJ’s dad is Jalen’s step dad or something like that.

All the highlight videos of course say JALEN GREEN’S LITTLE BROTHER. lol

• Bossi thinks KU will go “all-in” here. In contention to be a 5 star prospect. Huge upside still.

• Happy visit szn, Bucketeers!

• @FarmerJayhawk said in 2023 Recruiting:

Happy visit szn, Bucketeers!

Chatman confirmed, maybe Mikey 👀

@FarmerJayhawk said in 2023 Recruiting:

I still have no idea what they’re doing re: Mikey but maybe there’s some pixie dust they can use to wave away all the $$ stuff

• @FarmerJayhawk If Bill pulls THAT ONE off I will be entirely on my bullshit on twitter.

Yay that would be nice

mercy, what a coo that would be. if we got both some how to come would be a sweet class

• Chatman OV this weekend. Nice!

• AJ Johnson mentions his intentions to visit KU in the future. Recruitment is shall we say heating up

• Well read where Jacobe Walter committed to Baylor. - -Considered the # 1 overall shooting guard in the class and the # 21 recruit in the Nation. Scot is becoming a real pain in the ass

• @jayballer67 said in 2023 Recruiting:

Well read where Jacobe Walter committed to Baylor. - -Considered the # 1 overall shooting guard in the class and the # 21 recruit in the Nation. Scot is becoming a real pain in the ass

I agree he really is, but we/the conference needs the competition. The conference grind as I like to call it helped everyone out in March and April.

• Well, every year I wait til the current year’s recruiting class is settled before digging into the next year’s recruiting thread. (2023).

Somehow I still don’t feel like the team is set!

But maybe it’s time …

• Layden Blocker to Arkansas

• Probably already been mentioned some where in here but Chris Johnson is going to be on Campus I think Monday - -and we all know Mikey is coming - -and remember the phrase let’s get Mikey. Mikey likes everything. Soooo if Mikeys likes it then good news for KU lol

Probably already been mentioned some where in here but Chris Johnson is going to be on Campus I think Monday - -and we all know Mikey is coming - -and remember the phrase let’s get Mikey. Mikey likes everything. Soooo if Mikeys likes it then good news for KU lol

Those two and Chatman are names I would follow.

• If Bshark says it I would believe it.

@jayballer67 said in 2023 Recruiting:

Probably already been mentioned some where in here but Chris Johnson is going to be on Campus I think Monday - -and we all know Mikey is coming - -and remember the phrase let’s get Mikey. Mikey likes everything. Soooo if Mikeys likes it then good news for KU lol

Those two and Chatman are names I would follow.

I could live with that. - Might sound silly /crazy but the longer this goes the more serious and the better chance I think this whole Mikey thing just might become a reality

• Mikey on Campus today. - -wonder is it official or un official ?

Mikey on Campus today. - -wonder is it official or un official ?

Official

Official

Thats even a little better then right ? - - I mean if he is using one of his Official visits for KU? - must be more then an eh - - ok I’ll stop by. Gotta be a little more serious contention right ?

Official

Thats even a little better then right ? - - I mean if he is using one of his Official visits for KU? - must be more then an eh - - ok I’ll stop by. Gotta be a little more serious contention right ?

Man, I’ve got zero feel on this whatsoever. Mikey could easily pay his own way considering how much he makes from Puma. And I doubt he uses all 5 officials, so I guess no harm here.

• New offer out to 2023 unranked guard Elmarko Jackson 6’3 from South Kent CT.

Safe to say he’s going to be ranked soon with a ton of new offers in the past month from Virginia, Tennessee, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Miami, Penn St, St Johns, Kansas St, Depaul. Recently visited Maryland and he’s in no rush to decide

New offer out to 2023 unranked guard Elmarko Jackson 6’3 from South Kent CT.

Safe to say he’s going to be ranked soon with a ton of new offers in the past month from Virginia, Tennessee, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Miami, Penn St, St Johns, Kansas St, Depaul. Recently visited Maryland and he’s in no rush to decide

ya, sounds like he is just getting really noticed now I reckon

• Reada an article where KU is recruiting 7’1 post man Dennis Evans 210 pounds - -averages nearly 7 blocks a game. - he said KU had been in contact with him - - ALOT- - # 18 according to 247 sports - seen some video - -needs to add some weight but DAM 7 blocks.

KU - -Minnesota - - Florida State - - TCU – San Diego St. - - - KU - -San Diego State and another the ones with most contact

• @jayballer67

Big upside on Evans especially at his size. I’d say he’s a work in progress as far as being a complete player but his jump into the Top 20 is taking into account the long term potential he has.

@jayballer67

Big upside on Evans especially at his size. I’d say he’s a work in progress as far as being a complete player but his jump into the Top 20 is taking into account the long term potential he has.

seen a little on him not to bad - -but mercy those nearly 7 blocks a game sticks out. - - He says we hitting him all the time - - you think we legit trying to get this kid - - might be a nice pickup 7’1

• @jayballer67

It sounds like we are after him. Ideal rim protector/lob guy. Not sure of need especially if Udeh/Zuby/Zach are around for a while.

@jayballer67

It sounds like we are after him. Ideal rim protector/lob guy. Not sure of need especially if Udeh/Zuby/Zach are around for a while.

ya , that’s my question. I mean exactly right sounds like huge rim protecter , just didn’t get why with the others we got. Don’t get me wrong who am I to question Bill I’d be fine if he did come

• Not sure if we take a 5, but if we do he is up there on the list.

• On Dennis Evans, I would drop everything to recruit this kid. At that size, with that coordination, his potential is basically unlimited.

Lots of things stand out to me, but I will only list a few.

1. he’s currently listed at 7-1, 210. Just natural development will probably have him at 225 by the time he gets on campus, and once he gets into a strength program, going to 240 is easily within reach. That will change his ceiling dramatically all on its own.

2. He has a soft touch already. That is critical since it is important for big guys to be able to shoot a little to prevent getting mauled in the post.

3. He’s quick enough to handle guards out away from the basket, and he’s so long that even if they create some space, it’s probably not enough to get up a shot that he cannot bother.

4. He’s a natural lefty, but he blocks shots with either hand (or both).

Basically, he’s got all of the tools already, and you can be confident that he’s going to get stronger as he gets older. He isn’t as far along offensively, but that is something that could happen quickly because he already can shoot. He could be a top 5 player in his class by the time November gets here.