• Play starters until they are gased

Play without your one match up advantage

Have your shooting guard go 2-10 from 3

Terrible 3pt closeout at game point from a 3 year player

Unnecessary technicals from your head coach

Run into the all time big east leader in winning percentages coach

Airball a lob pass

Get ZERO production from your bench.

• Do not fret, my friend. We ain’t losin’ next weekend.

• @HighEliteMajor this team has what it takes to end the season with a win, but it’s a razors edge.

• @Blown Yes, a very sharp one. It’s never easy.

• @Blown Bench? - - What Bench? - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• I still love our chances. This game is a wake up call that it’s all over if and when another loss comes. Let’s get some rest, get some time to scout the 3 teams on our side of the round of 32 bracket and into the thick of the real tournament. Still can’t wait for Sunday!!

• @Blown You forgot sit a 2nd team all american and possible #1 draft pick.

• @wissox that’s point #2. and JJ did that to himself

• It’s very simple to me,the one seed plays no defense whatsoever, has guys benched for stupidity, doesn’t rebound and has too many turnovers.

• @Blown Missed that one! I think my point is with Josh playing I don’t think all this handwringing is happening.

• TCU is significantly better than any 16 seed KU will face. Whatever league KU’s 16 seed comes out of, TCU is good enough to go undefeated in that league.

• @HighEliteMajor said:

Do not fret, my friend. We ain’t losin’ next weekend.

I hope so but I would wait to see who the 8/9 is before declaring this objectively. If it’s a true 8/9 seed then I like KU’s chances, if it’s a vastly underseeded midmajor I think it’s just about a coin flip.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said:

TCU is significantly better than any 16 seed KU will face. Whatever league KU’s 16 seed comes out of, TCU is good enough to go undefeated in that league.

Very much agree with this. The 16 seed could be worse than any team KU has faced all year given the nature of conference tournaments.

• Josh and Frank are too hungry to go out in the 2nd round. This is the best lineup we’ve had in a LONG time.

• @BShark said:

@Texas-Hawk-10 said:

TCU is significantly better than any 16 seed KU will face. Whatever league KU’s 16 seed comes out of, TCU is good enough to go undefeated in that league.

Very much agree with this. The 16 seed could be worse than any team KU has faced all year given the nature of conference tournaments.

Yes, TCU is much better than the 16 seeds - at least this year - but not better than most of the 8-9s. Gotta step it up…

• @DCHawker They were playing without Jackson today and Self has never cared much about winning the B12 tournament. There’s a reason why is winning % in this tournament is anything worth bragging about.

• @chriz said:

Josh and Frank are too hungry to go out in the 2nd round. This is the best lineup we’ve had in a LONG time.

Best lineup? In terms of scoring ability, it is one of the best Self has had. But, it also is the worst defensively during the Self - at least as measured by defensive efficiency metrics - and, it’s not really close. One of the worst in shooting percentage defense, rebound margin and, if with being a high scoring team, middle of the pack in scoring margin.

• @chriz said:

Josh and Frank are too hungry to go out in the 2nd round. This is the best lineup we’ve had in a LONG time.

This is a fun topic. I would say without a doubt this team is better than the previous two editions. It gets murky with the 13-14 team. That team had a lot of potential, they also piled up a lot of losses and it could be said never realized it. The Embiid mystery adds intrigue but give me this year’s squad at the end of the day. 100% better than EJ the PG’s squad moving on. So then we get to TRob and the miracles. The tournament results are definitely there. The tournament results are there, but they just as easily could have lost to Purdue. They didn’t so that’s great but you could argue for the current team. Ok yeah 2011 is way better top to bottom the fun ends there.

So arguably the best since 2011. Let’s hope for a better tournament result. :100:

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said:

@DCHawker They were playing without Jackson today and Self has never cared much about winning the B12 tournament. There’s a reason why is winning % in this tournament is anything worth bragging about.

Self definitely didn’t seem to broken up about this game during or after.

• @DCHawker do you think part of our poor D is based on our very, very short bench?

Looks like your connection to KU Buckets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.