Tonight's Huge Game!

• Baylor’s got it working right now. Killing us on the boards

• @stoptheflop We have to be able to score some down low and keep their bigs engaged. LL has missed a couple of bunnies - he simply won’t go up strong…

• It looks like this thread is being abandoned…

• Outside shooting has abandoned us.

• @Bwag said:

Outside shooting has abandoned us.

Live and die by - we have no interior offensive presence unless JJ is posting up, and he can’t do that against this team…

• This thread is losing bodies like our team to the other game thread.

• @Bwag Oh well - go with the flow I guess…

• Motley can’t miss at the moment. 3 defenders and he makes it look easy

• Going, going…

• Baylor has 11 offensive RB’s and we are shooting 35%. Kinda tells the story

• We got them right where we want them. Time to break out the can of whoop ass.

• @Crimsonorblue22

I know you missed Fran last night. Here’s his butt hurt tweets from last night.

Fran Fraschilla ‏@franfraschilla 1h 1 hour ago Trying to beat Kansas in Allen Fieldhouse is like trying to beat the “house” in Vegas. The odds are not with you.

Fran Fraschilla ‏@franfraschilla 58m 58 minutes ago Anybody who has coached knows that there are some places that you just have to be 10 points better than the home team.

Fran Fraschilla ‏@franfraschilla 36m 36 minutes ago My Manhattan team had 45 game win streak at Draddy Gym. You are always at an advantage when you are “supposed to win.” Officials are human.

• @BeddieKU23

That last tweet from Fran you posted is downright offensive and implies a pre-arranged outcome and that officials are helping KU win at AFH. I had to go to tweeter to make sure the quotes around “supposed to win” were his and not added by you for emphasis…and they are indeed Fran’s. KU’s AD should demand a retraction and an apology from Fraschilla and request that ESPN no longer assigns him to cover KU games…no chance of that happening; Zenger’s answer will likely be to black out every KU game Fraschilla announces. SMH.

• @BeddieKU23 Fran’s not wrong about teams needing to be 10 points than KU to win in AFH, but it’s also like that at Cameron, Dean Dome, and Rupp as well.

As for implying Baylor was playing 8 on 5, that’s a load of crap. Refs were letting both teams play the entire game and were consistent about it. There was also no need to tighten up the whistle at any point since things never got chippy or even close to being on verge of being chippy. Last night’s officials did a good job of establishing the type of play early they were going to allow early on and were consistent with that style of play all night which is what players and coaches want more than anything else out of the officials.

• @Texas-Hawk-10

Which is why his comments just reinforce what we know about Fran. He’s literally an idiot that has a clear as day bias against KU.

2nd game in a row where officiating was really good.

• @BeddieKU23 and we know why crims can’t stand the lil pecker head

• @Crimsonorblue22

I actually liked Vitale last night. At least he’s passionate about basketball.

• @Texas-Hawk-10

I respectfully disagree. Teams need to be just 1 point better than KU to win at AFH. The advantage of home court is many time greatly exaggerated; most predicting system and Vegas assign only 2-3 point advantage to home court. The Vegas line opened at 5 and I believe it went up to 6, Sagarin’s line was 3.8 points; KU won by 5.

Good teams do not get rattled by noise venues. KU went to Rupp, was down by 5 at the half and won the game. Against Baylor, KU was down 6 at the half and also won the game. Good team don’t need luck…they make their own luck.

Baylor junior forward Johnathan Motley

On if the noise had any effect on their game:

“Not really, no.”

Like I said, good teams and good players don’t get rattled at away games. Just my opinion.

• @JayHawkFanToo

Lately it seems Bill Self’s halftime speeches have had a big effect!

2 straight games down at half… i wonder if he’s got a book he chooses from

“well i haven’t used soft lately”. let’s use that one.

• Good God! I can’t remember a this many crappy announcers. We’re stuck with Fran and Dickie V most of the time. Fran hates KU and Dick is a moronic ball of phlegm. Too busy throwing out catch phrases and raving about Cameroon to notice a top 3 matchup is actually a good game.

Is there no good announcers left?!?

• @dylans I think Vin Scully might be available if you can convince him to try college bb as a new gig.

• I think if Fred gets booted out he’d be excellent! He’s knowledgeable, good looking, holly loves him, well mannered, guessing he wouldn’t be a piece of 💩

• @BeddieKU23

KU is in the drivers seat for an unprecedented 13th straight conference crown!

I say unprecedented because even though UCLA got 13, Wooden himself only got 9 or 10 of those.

Coach Self has them all!!

• @kjayhawks said:

Scott Drew listens to Nickelback.

I think you mean Hunter Pence.

• @Lulufulu

Wooden got 7 of them, The streak was achieved while in 3 different conferences and under 3 different coaches. Offcially, Coahc Self already has the record as a coach with 12 and Mark Few is second with 11. Here is a breakdown on the UCLA run…

• Conference(s): Athletic Association of Western Universities, Pac-8, Pac-10
    • Years: 1967-79
    • Record: 360-30 (171-15 in conference)
    • Coaches: John Wooden, Gene Bartow, Gary Cunningham
    • AP first-team All-Americans: Kareem Abdul-Jabaar (1967, 1968, 1969), Sidney Wicks, Jamaal Wilkes, Bill Walton (1972, 1973, 1974), Dave Meyers, Marques Johnson and Dave Greenwood (1978, 1979).

UCLA’s talent during that run was head and shoulders above everybody else. Coach Self had to replace entire starting lineups and beat powerful teams that include the likes of LaMarcus Aldridge, D.J.Augustine, Damion James, Kevin Durant, Tristan Thompson, PJ Tucker, Buddy Hield, Blake Griffin. Michael Beasley, Bill Walker just to name a few…