Bowl game tracker

• Currently CBS has us in the Alamo Bowl against future league opponent Arizona so kind of mehh on that one. Arizona does have a really nice resume going 3-2 the last 5 weeks all against ranked teams. But they’re currently not ranked.

This one sounds like a joke and I think it’s kind of disrespectful to us but Athlon has us in the Pop Tart Bowl against UNC

College Football Network has us in the Alamo but against Oregon St. This is the scariest projection of all. OSU is really tough and would be a great challenge in a normally good to great bowl game.

Sporting News also has us in the Pop Tarts bowl against VTech. More disrespect. VTech is 4-5 with bad losses galore.

Fox has us in the guaranteed rate bowl against BIG west also ran Nebraska. They’re 5-4 with badd losses.

Maybe some can search up some more, but it’s kind of fun to see these and to be offended at their lack of respect. And most of these are disrespectful. Not sure why they would pit us against crappy teams just earning their way in with a 6-6 record.

Here’s hoping a 3-0 finish projects upward into maybe even a BCS (non playoff bowl). Not even sure if that is possible, but we can hope.

• May be a bit of a longshot but how interesting it would be to face Mizzou in a bowl game this year!

• The last one I seen was KU in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl against Maryland on the 26th of Dcember

• I realize doesn’t mean much bowl wise but just found this interesting & shows how far we have come. - We know this is the 1st yr that we have been ranked towards the end of the year as far as

College Football playoff picture BUT —just weird to see us ahead of some of these schools in the projected rankings.

They have us at # 17 this week , in the rankings— – -We are ahead of - -LSU - - -# 18 - -OKLAHOMA - -# 19 - -& —NORTE dAME -# 21 - -just looks weird but I love it

• @RockkChalkk said in Bowl game tracker:

May be a bit of a longshot but how interesting it would be to face Mizzou in a bowl game this year!

Should’ve happened last year and Missouri allegedly backed out of it. Also, pretty unlikely this year too because Missouri will likely end up in a New Year’s Day game or possibly a NY6 bowl.

• KU is officially 16th in the latest CFP rankings. Oklahoma St. is 15th and Oklahoma is 17th which is the order those three should be ranked. Texas is the highest ranked Big 12 team at 7th and KSU is ranked 25th.

These rankings do open a path to a NY6 bowl game for Kansas. KU would need to win out and get to 10-2 and OSU will need to take a third loss at some point, presumably to Texas in the B12 title game and possibly sneak into the CFP.

• @jayballer67 Maryland? That’s disrespectful too.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 okie lite sucks and should already have 3 losses. Stillwater actually is what people think Lawrence is for basketball.

KU and OU got completely screwed. I hope karma or something somehow gives them 2 fluke losses before the big 12 title

• @kuballin10 said in Bowl game tracker:

@Texas-Hawk-10 okie lite sucks and should already have 3 losses. Stillwater actually is what people think Lawrence is for basketball.

KU and OU got completely screwed. I hope karma or something somehow gives them 2 fluke losses before the big 12 title

Easy to say this but at the end of the day OSU won all those games (the one against KSU too). They are not a bad team and their RB is ridiculously good now.

• @wissox said in Bowl game tracker:

@jayballer67 Maryland? That’s disrespectful too.

ya, kinda what I though also

• @BShark said in Bowl game tracker:

@kuballin10 said in Bowl game tracker:

@Texas-Hawk-10 okie lite sucks and should already have 3 losses. Stillwater actually is what people think Lawrence is for basketball.

Easy to say this but at the end of the day OSU won all those games (the one against KSU too). They are not a bad team and their RB is ridiculously good now.

there running back is insane. If Oklahoma State was a little better overall , more wins - --he would of been a vey serious contender for the Heisman

• @kuballin10 said in Bowl game tracker:

Reality is they’ve only dropped 1 B12 game TO ISU and have wins over KU, KSU, OU. and WVU which are 4 of the 5 Big 12 teams sitting at 4-2 right now. The USA loss is a bad loss, but they have head to head victories over the teams right behind them so their current ranking is justified.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 two of those W’s are frauds and they aren’t good. If they played again osu wouldn’t be favored (against OU)

• If we get somehow into the Rose Bowl, no doubt some board rats will object at how insulting it is.

• @mayjay I like the thought of KU in the Rose Bowl. No insult, but I do find some of those projections right now to be a lack of respect for KU football . I kind of understand that of course in some respects but this team has earned some respect this season, don’t you think? And no self respecting football team should ever feel good about being invited to the Pop Tart Bowl.

@mayjay I like the thought of KU in the Rose Bowl. No insult, but I do find some of those projections right now to be a lack of respect for KU football . I kind of understand that of course in some respects but this team has earned some respect this season, don’t you think? And no self respecting football team should ever feel good about being invited to the Pop Tart Bowl.

I for sure understand what your saying, however as I have seen most of these bowls are now tied into certain Conferences so that dictates a lot of the projections

• @wissox I think ksu should have the pop tart one. Do they say how much money they pay?

• @Crimsonorblue22 No, didn’t look into it.

• CBS Sports - First Responder Bowl Projected Matchup: Louisiana vs. Colorado State ???

• @COHawk Louisiana is not LSU. It used to be UL Lafayette.

@mayjay I like the thought of KU in the Rose Bowl. No insult, but I do find some of those projections right now to be a lack of respect for KU football . I kind of understand that of course in some respects but this team has earned some respect this season, don’t you think? And no self respecting football team should ever feel good about being invited to the Pop Tart Bowl.

I read this while eating a Pop Tart. lol! I hope us KU fans don’t start putting our noses up like we’re too good for certain bowls. Lets go play the game we get selected for, which will be a good one, and win it! I fear we could sink back into the doldrums once we lose a few key players and possibly our coach. Coach is being talked about for other job openings out there, would really suck to lose him after the progress that has been made.

• @wissox Colorado State is 3-6 I believe.

• @RockkChalkk coach said yesterday, publicly, they want to end their career here! End of story. Put the rumors to rest.

• @Crimsonorblue22 said in Bowl game tracker:

@RockkChalkk coach said yesterday, publicly, they want to end their career here! End of story. Put the rumors to rest.

Agree , it’s just weird & yes I don’t think Coach L is going anywhere. I truly believe when he says he is staying put - - he is staying put. Now I find this funny , - - I think we have got some people sscared and they are hoping - and really wanting this to happen - & that’s our little friends down the road K/Straight.

Looking at their boards multiple posters saying oh Leipold is gone to Michigan St - -Others saying multiple reports that Leipold and Michigan St in advanced talks at it could be done by Sunday lmao.

You talk about reaching - -grasping for anything. Now why are they this way? - It’s because they see their advantage slipping away - -KU closing the gap and getting ready to show a new guy on the lock-- they can’t stand that so they are desperately looking/hoping Leipold leaves -gotta love it

• Looking at the rest of the schedule, KU should get to at least 9 wins, if not 10. Home for both Tech and KSU, then heading to Cincy for the last game. The hope of getting to the Big XII title game is a long shot since either Texas or OSU has to lose two of their last 3, but if KU finishes third in the conference and is 10-2, I’d imagine they would have a chance to go to a pretty good bowl.

I assume the Big 12 will not have a team in the CFP, which means the champion goes to the Cotton Bowl (I think). Big 12 could get a second team into the New Year’s contract bowls if Texas and OSU win out, with the non champion potentially getting a spot in the Peach Bowl.

That would mean Alamo gets the first choice, followed by Pop Tarts, then the Texas Bowl. If KU loses to KSU or Tech, they could slide down to the Guaranteed Rate Bowl. I doubt they go back to the Liberty Bowl since they were there last year. My guess is the Alamo Bowl takes OU even though KU beat them, and the winner of KU-KState goes to the Pop Tarts Bowl, with the loser going to the Texas Bowl.

• @justanotherfan said in Bowl game tracker:

Looking at the rest of the schedule, KU should get to at least 9 wins, if not 10. Home for both Tech and KSU, then heading to Cincy for the last game. The hope of getting to the Big XII title game is a long shot since either Texas or OSU has to lose two of their last 3, but if KU finishes third in the conference and is 10-2, I’d imagine they would have a chance to go to a pretty good bowl.

I assume the Big 12 will not have a team in the CFP, which means the champion goes to the Cotton Bowl (I think). Big 12 could get a second team into the New Year’s contract bowls if Texas and OSU win out, with the non champion potentially getting a spot in the Peach Bowl.

That would mean Alamo gets the first choice, followed by Pop Tarts, then the Texas Bowl. If KU loses to KSU or Tech, they could slide down to the Guaranteed Rate Bowl. I doubt they go back to the Liberty Bowl since they were there last year. My guess is the Alamo Bowl takes OU even though KU beat them, and the winner of KU-KState goes to the Pop Tarts Bowl, with the loser going to the Texas Bowl.

A 3 loss Oklahoma St. won’t play in a NY6 bowl.

Texas actually does have a reasonable shot at the CFP still.

A one loss OSU is likely ahead of Texas because of their Notre Dame and Penn St. wins.

Georgia likely has 3 really tough games left, and still needs to beat Ole Miss or Tennessee to clinch the East and play Alabama.

Michigan likely needs to win out to make the playoffs because PSU and OSU are the only good teams they play.

Florida St. likely needs to won out as well due to the ACC being pretty weak this year.

Oregon and Washington will likely play again, but not a given since Oregon has a tough closing stretch with USC, Oregon St., and a likely Washington rematch.

If Texas sneaks in the CFP and KU finishes 10-2, I think there’s a decent shot of KU making a NY6 bowl over a 3 loss Okie St.

@RockkChalkk coach said yesterday, publicly, they want to end their career here! End of story. Put the rumors to rest.

I would love it and hope its true. However the reality is there is this green paper stuff that in large quantities makes minds change in a hurry.

• @RockkChalkk I trust him

• I’m not worried about Lance going anywhere , like was said --he stated that Girod & Geoff had treated him & his family extremely well and they loved Lawrence, and on top of that a big factor you have to consider is AGE. Lance is in his 60’s and pretty sure sounds like he is ready to settle and not just keep jumping around. He likes it here and wants to stay here

He was on another podcast and said unfortunately this time of year your going to hear a lot of rumors and they are just not true

• Texas A&M intends to Fire Jimbo Fisher at some point today. He has a 76 million dollar buyout, yes 76 million dollars. That’s absolutely insane on all fronts.

• @kjayhawks said in Bowl game tracker:

Texas A&M intends to Fire Jimbo Fisher at some point today. He has a 76 million dollar buyout, yes 76 million dollars. That’s absolutely insane on all fronts.

He’s been fired and Leipold’s name is already being mentioned. Mike Elko at Duke seems to be the favored choice at the moment though among the Aggies I know.

• It’s Klieman!!

• I think LL is pretty committed to KU although you never know in this business.

• That’s a bad job IMO, they will never be top dogs in the SEC. Add in Texas and OU, it gets worse IMO.

• Funny side note, wonder if Fisher is the only coach to be fired on Sunday after winning 51-10 on Saturday.

• @kjayhawks said in Bowl game tracker:

Funny side note, wonder if Fisher is the only coach to be fired on Sunday after winning 51-10 on Saturday.

Boise St. fired their coach after winning yesterday as well.

• @jayballer67 said in Bowl game tracker:

I’m not worried about Lance going anywhere , like was said --he stated that Girod & Geoff had treated him & his family extremely well and they loved Lawrence, and on top of that a big factor you have to consider is AGE. Lance is in his 60’s and pretty sure sounds like he is ready to settle and not just keep jumping around. He likes it here and wants to stay here

He was on another podcast and said unfortunately this time of year your going to hear a lot of rumors and they are just not true

Damn - if jayballer thinks he is staying then that’s just more evidence that he will likely leave! 😆 . 🤦♂

Also, another correction: Lance is 59 years old.

• @RockkChalkk said in Bowl game tracker:

@jayballer67 said in Bowl game tracker:

I’m not worried about Lance going anywhere , like was said --he stated that Girod & Geoff had treated him & his family extremely well and they loved Lawrence, and on top of that a big factor you have to consider is AGE. Lance is in his 60’s and pretty sure sounds like he is ready to settle and not just keep jumping around. He likes it here and wants to stay here

Damn - if jayballer thinks he is staying then that’s just more evidence that he will likely leave! 😆 . 🤦♂

Also, another correction: Lance is 59 years old.

Well dam Lance is a spring rooster then lmao

• Coach K said today Jason was there at practice and took a lot of reps - - sounds promising – - I think he plays- -

• Jalon tweeted he’s staying for next season. Good news for us.

• The loss to TT took some of my enthusiasm away in updating the bowl tracker. Lets beat Silo Tech so I can be more enthusiastic.

• @wissox I wrote what you just wrote. In my head. If we beat K-State, my joy will be full.

• Jerry palm and CBS has us currently in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl against Maryland

• One ESPN guy also has us in the Guaranteed Rate bowl against Northwestern, the other ESPN guy has us in the liberty bowl against South Carolina @mayjay

• 247 also likes us for Guaranteed rate against Northwestern. CFN has us in same game but against Nebraska, an interesting proposition.

• Athlon has us in the guaranteed rate bowl against Maryland.

• Fox sports doesn’t list us in a bowl game, which I think is possible, but not probable?

• Where is that?

Fox sports doesn’t list us in a bowl game, which I think is possible, but not probable?

They had KU in the Texas Bowl against Texas A&M last week. I don’t think their new projection has dropped yet this week.

Where is that?

Guaranteed Rate Bowl is in Phoenix at Chase Field. It’s the same bowl game we played against Minnesota in 2008 when it was the Insight Bowl then.