Gonzaga?

• The difference between a marketing B12 commissioner and a caretaker commissioner will be stark. I think we’ll see the B12 in a lot of areas that would’ve been unthinkable a few years ago. Gonzaga is one example- it wouldn’t have even been considered under Bowlsby.

• I just don’t want to be checking the schedule and reading KU at Gonzaga, game time 10:00 Central time like on a Monday night or something.

• @wissox

Bingo!

• @wissox said in Gonzaga?:

I just don’t want to be checking the schedule and reading KU at Gonzaga, game time 10:00 Central time like on a Monday night or something.

If we do expand like sounds pretty likely at some point and don’t really think that far off. - -If we end up with the 4 corner Schools Arizona – -Arizona State - -Colorado --& Utah - -your gonna get that same thing Gonzaga or not. - -So if were gonna do it with Arizona then for sure might as well with Gonzaga

• @jayballer67 @BeddieKU23 Already gonna have to do that on occasion for BIG games but if I have to lose sleep I will!

• Mercy - - Are we redy to watch Gunner Gundy ? - -Watch next time out - -your gonna see him

• @wissox - I would hope the Gonzaga start times would be 6:00pm PST for home games (8:00 CST). Remember too, their local time could be 5:00pm PST (4:00 for East Coast games) for away games. Interesting problem.

• @jayballer67 said in Gonzaga?:

@wissox said in Gonzaga?:

I just don’t want to be checking the schedule and reading KU at Gonzaga, game time 10:00 Central time like on a Monday night or something.

If we do expand like sounds pretty likely at some point and don’t really think that far off. - -If we end up with the 4 corner Schools Arizona – -Arizona State - -Colorado --& Utah - -your gonna get that same thing Gonzaga or not. - -So if were gonna do it with Arizona then for sure might as well with Gonzaga

10pm Central start times likely wouldn’t happen very frequently with a KU-Gonzaga or KU-Arizona game because those are marquee match ups that ESPN would want in the 8pm slot which would still be 6pm out west.

• I would welcome the Zags anyday (as long as Few is committed for many more years)! He’s an excellent coach and brings a different approach to the game. It would be good for our league.

• @Arizona and @Gonzaga are pretty tough places to play no matter what the time. I would expect those on Saturdays as much as possible. They would be games of great interest across the country.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in Gonzaga?:

Ugh this league is a clown show https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/1593078121179537410?s=46&t=KjRmtMYHv8AyLCUphuBZuQ

Look out Farmer – this could actually happen you never know

• Seriously the hardest of passes. Adding a basketball only school from the west coast is DUMB.

• @Kcmatt7 lets hope this tail kicking gives the Big 12 pause. Because you’re right, this makes zero sense.

• @Kcmatt7 said in Gonzaga?:

Seriously the hardest of passes. Adding a basketball only school from the west coast is DUMB.

I’m tellin ya - look out it can very easily happen. Doesn’t matter to me one way or another .Get’s us in all three time zones - more exposure - -but if they don’t get in no sweat at all Still the best Confrence by far

• Zags are consistently a top 10 team

Much like Norte dame in acc for basketball I’d gladly do this for the zags.

How is bringing on a top 10 west coast power in bball a bad thing? We aren’t a football conference and never will be so we need to become THE perennial bball conference which we’ve taken from the acc these last 2-3 years.

• The future for the B12 is the west coast. We’re going to be taking on 1 good bb program ( Arizona) , and 3 mediocre to bad programs if we get the 4 corners ( even though the Buffs thrashed Tenn). This is a new B12- a conference run by a marketing whiz. A year ago, Bowlsby was sending ESPN a cease and desist letter… a year later, Yormark has entered us into a new deal with ESPN. That late night tier makes money- why wouldn’t you want the best bb team on the West coast to be involved? No doubt, we won’t like some late starts, but we’re going to have that with BYU anyway, and it will become a way of life with the 4 corners. We would be insane not to take on Gonzaga, imo.

• It’s a Jesuit school in Spokane. It really doesn’t bring a market or have a big fanbase. I have a hard time seeing how it wouldn’t end up being a net financial negative for our AD. Any school that doesn’t more than pay for itself is a non-starter for me. Existing language provides for that if we add any current P5, not a dot on the map in Eastern Washington

• Gonzaga is a no for me. Small enrollment and no football team. We’re already the best conference in basketball without them.

• I’d be ok for them to just add Gonzaga basketball and set the payout at an appropriate level for basketball only. As much as I hate it football drives everything and Gonzaga doesn’t have a football team so their value is considerably less.

• For sure would take them in a heart beat. - -Think they just add EVEN more to an already dominant league , we know we are not going to be a player in the whole football thing were lucky we have a Commissioner that has a new media deal that’s going to help us keep the members we already have, c

So I think they will add enough to bring them on, Actually I think this might be more of the chance of reality then some may think , thinking that this could very easily happen as it seems there is legit interest from both parties.

I think it opens up even more exposure of the big 12 into the Western third of the Country , helpin with recruiting , getting us into the three time zones -yes I know we have that with Brigham Young , but like was mentioned chances are when it is all said and done - -were going to be in that time zone when adding Arizona - -possibly Arizona State and others. I think chances are they may come in on a reduced payment, just think it would be a sweet thing o do

• @Jethro said in Gonzaga?:

https://twitter.com/Big12Conference/status/1593106669688324096

Texas gonna be a tough one - - -then again who ain’t gonna be

• @dylans said in Gonzaga?:

I’d be ok for them to just add Gonzaga basketball and set the payout at an appropriate level for basketball only. As much as I hate it football drives everything and Gonzaga doesn’t have a football team so their value is considerably less.

Gonzaga’s football team has been undefeated for the last 81 years, why would any conference pass on a program of that caliber?

• @Texas-Hawk-10 WSUs last football L was in the 70s I believe. Now if their basketball team could just get over that mountain.