@rockchalkjayhawk @kjayhawks2.0 Seems the NFL has a different view of Benson: named AFC Offensive Rookie of the Month for September. Walker named AFC Offensive Player of the Month.
Posts
-
RE: 2026-2027 NFL Season
-
Jalon Daniels sighting
Played for the Bucs today. Zero completions on 3 attempts...well, he did have an interception, so does that count? Passer rating of 0.0
But as at KU in the preinjury era, he did better with his legs. Ran for 9 yards in a single attempt. Better average than most RBs, I'd guess.
-
RE: Roll Call
Mayjay update: Lingering for a few nights in Santa Fe on our long move cross country to LV. We moved out of our house in Hilton Head on August 17, and we are supposed to close in LV on our house in Summerlin on Sept 25th. That will end 44 days of being itinerant retirees bouncing from motel to motel, with just 2 nights with friends. Packing 3 Pods was a nightmare because we had lots of stuff in storage while showing our house--hey, here's some free advice: GET RID OF CRAP WHILE YOU CAN! Anyway, once we are settled (best guess, sometime in the 2030's) I will be back here more often. Meanwhile, my heart goes out to all of you who have lost loved ones or are facing health issues. We have had tumult and chaos, but we are fully aware we are lucky to be able to make the choices causing our upheaval. Not everyone is so fortunate. Good luck to all of my friends here and to our teams! I'll be lurking until about October....



-
RE: Chiefs offseason thread
Odd trade. The weak spot looks like RT.
-
RE: KU ROSTER 2026-27
@approxinfinity Paid to play? Technically, I am, so no jealousy here. Although this is our 4th move since I retired, and fixing up a house and eventually moving yourself is a helluva lot harder than my desk jobs were!
-
RE: KU ROSTER 2026-27
Well, I for one am glad that so many student athletes are willing to devote another year to their educational pursuits.
-
RE: TBT The Basketball Tournament
@rockchalkjayhawk said in TBT The Basketball Tournament:
Vegas! I guess that means the party and spare beds are available at the @mayjay household come November and the Players Era 8 tourney!
You might be surprised how many people whose houses we have never been invited to have told us they'll come see us when they go to LV for something! Fortunately, we will be living near Red Rock Canyon pretty far west of the arenas. Maybe we will just happen to be camping...
-
RE: TBT The Basketball Tournament
@rockchalkjayhawk Thanks! We were busy finalizing the contract to sell our house (closes Aug 17, then Vegas, baby!!!). Had no idea game was on!
(Yes, Vegas...just to live closer to our 2 kids who live in Hawaii. Won't be clubbing...)
-
RE: KU ROSTER 2026-27
@rockchalkjayhawk Apparently players can stay around long enough to be grandfathers!
-
RE: World Cup
@RockChalkinTexas-0 Actually, I'm still rooting for Cape Verde. I will be sending a note to Trump suggesting he get FIFA to make CV a wild card advancer.
-
RE: World Cup
@RockChalkinTexas-0 Turns out Trump privately asked FIFA to review the suspension. Makin' 'merica proud before the world!
-
RE: World Cup
@rockchalkjayhawk Yeah, wouldn't it be fun to watch basketball or (our) football if a player was considered out of bounds when any part of his body was outside the line? None of those fun shots falling out of bounds...no reaching back to hit the pylon while helicoptering outside the goal line... Anything requiring super slo mo to detect should be eliminated. Just like the PGA eliminated penalties where the only person to see an infraction was a so-called fan calling in to think he would become an important part of the game.
-
RE: World Cup
@rockchalkjayhawk Buck up! Not the kiss of death, and being undefeated isn't so great. No one has gone undefeated in group play and gone on to win the World Cup since Brazil in 2002.
-
RE: 2026 KU Season
"Lawrence Super Regional" has a nice ring to it, don'tcha think?
-
RE: 2026 KU Season
@nuleafjhawk If that's what it makes you, what does the fact that I never slid even on grass in my life (some 35 years of softball) make me? I had this odd desire to not screw up my legs....
-
RE: Shades of Squeeky and his "We won the we-try-harder"
@bskeet Gandalf, is that you???!!!
-
Shades of Squeeky and his "We won the we-try-harder"
From a Mike Lorio comment about the Cavaliers over on PFT on NBCSports.com:
**As it turns out, the Browns aren’t the Cleveland-based sports team having the most warped obsession with analytics.
Cavaliers coach Kenny Atkinson, whose team trails the Knicks 3-0 in the NBA’s Eastern Conference Finals, came up with an all-time glass-half-full justification for the Cavs’ struggles.
Via Matt Clapp of Awful Announcing, Atkinson claimed — with a straight face — that Cleveland is essentially winning.
“Analytically . . . we’re two out of three in the expected [score]. . . . We’ve won two out of the three,” Atkinson said.
The remark immediately flopped worse than SGA.
“I know you’re looking confused,” Atkinson said. “But if you believe in process and all that. . . . take that layer. . . .
“I think last night, it was, the expected score was like one point or two. Us shooting way below expected, them shooting way over. I know no one wants to hear that. I think you guys like hearing it. The general public . . . everyone’s outcome-based. Sure. I get that too.”
Yes, the general public is outcome-based. Because winning and losing is based on the outcome.**
-
RE: 2026 KU Season
@Texas-Hawk-10 said in 2026 KU Season:
Not thrilled to see Arkansas in KU's region given how KU has done against them in the postseason in various sports in recent years.
I keep thinking, "Okay, this time we'll show 'em!" And then, well, not so much....