KSU Student is Racist

• @mayjay people are coming out from everywhere defending this kid, offering money for him to sue the school. Also fueling the fire.

• @Crimsonorblue22 Defending the post, his character, or his right to say it?

• @mayjay said in KSU Student is Racist:

@Crimsonorblue22 Defending the post, his character, or his right to say it?

Looking at social media, yes.

• @approxinfinity If it takes someone saying “I hate black people” or wearing a white hood for you to be comfortable identifying it as racism, you are missing about 99% of racism.

@Texas-Hawk-10 did a good job above explaining just how it was racism. It is YOU who is struggling to see it. I do racist stuff all the time unknowingly and without intent. I fail to notice how certain things are actually racist ALL the time. We ALL do. Does that make me racist? Yeah. Sometimes it does. Am I ok with that? No, but I work to learn and do better. Yes it’s uncomfortable, but not nearly as uncomfortable for me as for the people who are on the receiving end of that racism.

• @approxinfinity said in KSU Student is Racist:

@benshawks08 Defending our freedom of speech isn’t about defending only things people say that we like.

But if you can’t identify that statement as racist it gives cover to all the crap that idiot says too.

This reads like “You’re either with us or against us”.

We know it’s racism even if technically you can’t exactly point to how.

You can’t exactly point to how either.

I don’t want this country to be shoot first and ask questions later.

Caution is appropriate here.

Critical Race Theory is explicitly “you’re with us or against us.” From Kendi, “The opposite of “racist” isn’t “not racist.” It is “anti-racist.” What’s the difference? One endorses either the idea of a racial hierarchy as a racist, or racial equality as an antiracist. One either believes problems are rooted in groups of people, as a racist, or locates the roots of problems in power and policies, as an anti-racist. One either allows racial inequities to persevere, as a racist, or confronts racial inequities, as an antiracist. There is no in-between safe space of “not racist.” The claim of “not racist” neutrality is a mask for racism. This may seem harsh, but it’s important at the outset that we apply one of the core principles of antiracism, which is to return the word “racist” itself back to its proper usage. “Racist” is not—as Richard Spencer argues—a pejorative. It is not the worst word in the English language; it is not the equivalent of a slur. It is descriptive, and the only way to undo racism is to consistently identify and describe it—and then dismantle it.”

So if you’re any kind of classical liberal who believes individualism > group identity, sorry bout it. You’re a racist unless you buy into every word of the emotional toxic sewage that Kendi and grifters like Robin DeAngelo scribble.

• @FarmerJayhawk I don’t think some nerd in an ivory tower gets to decide what a word means and strip away hundreds of years of connotation. Racist is among the worst perjoratives in this country and that isn’t changing any time soon.

• @FarmerJayhawk furthermore, I am antiracist. But “what is racist?” is what we are debating. And the fact that it is debatable, and I believe it is, makes critical race theory as you’ve defined it, pretty impractical.

I haven’t seen the kids other comments. But I don’t believe this comment is isolation is racist. That is all I am arguing.

• Any sort of dichotomy as it applies to the human condition is artificial. I have an uneasy peace with it when it comes to sports.

The longest paper I wrote at college was about artificial dichotomies : capitalism vs communism, conservative vs liberal, winners and losers, etc. When you look at them closely, they all fall apart. Critical race theory sounds to be no different.

• @mayjay all of it!

• @benshawks08 I think what you define as racist is what I define as unconscious bias. The reason this matters is because I’m not subscribing to the guilt of being a racist. I’m not a racist. Sure, you and I both have unconscious biases. And that’s ok. Some we can live with, some we may actively seek to change when we become aware of them. We aren’t racists as I define it.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 @mayjay @benshawks08 We need to cancel the feel bad culture and find a way to move forward positively. You’re never going to make meaningful change if you’re trying to defeat the other half of this country and make them bend the knee to how you see things. Frankly, what @HighEliteMajor said about “DESTROYING YOU” may have more in common with your approach to this issue than you think. It is a mirror.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 “deliberately ignoring the historical connotations of these phrases…”

If you’re making the argument that America First is a racist organization with a history of racism, that’s fine. I haven’t done the research and don’t intend to. But I’ve met plenty of people who use the phrases “strong borders,” “Christian values,” etc., and there’s no coded message. They’re not in on the joke. When people start claiming to know what another person really meant when he said that, things get ridiculous.

@mayjay “I’m not aware that the character of a victim of murder has anything to do with it. Passing a counterfeit bill, or doing so while being a drug user, is not a capital offense.”

Not sure what I said you’re responding to here.

• @approxinfinity this does make some sense. Hyper policing language doesn’t alleviate hatred, in fact it can make it worse. Super far left types hammering people for wrong think is an effective recruiting tool for the alt right. Moreover if everyone is hating each other ie men vs women, black vs white then most people can’t even focus on really important issues like climate change. I’m obviously liberal but this culture and how to think war isn’t the best.

• THIS IS @approxinfinity ACCIDENTALLY HIJACKING AND MANGLING @benshawks08 'S POST. SORRY.

@benshawks08 said:

I also think the dominate culture in this country has underplayed racist ideologies for so long that a little rocking of that boat is a good and necessary thing.

I don’t think we need more radicalized idealogues in this country to be an opposite (and perpetuating) counterweight to the alt-right stuff we’ve seen under Trump. That will not solve the problem.

I don’t think we need to rock the boat. We need to stabilize the boat. It’s already rocking.

If you mean taking down the statues, reforming police and looking at income equality starting with better public elementary education for all, then by all means let’s rock it.

• @benshawks08 said in KSU Student is Racist:

@benshawks08 said:

I also think the dominate culture in this country has underplayed racist ideologies for so long that a little rocking of that boat is a good and necessary thing.

I don’t think we need more radicalized idealogues in this country to be an opposite (and perpetuating) counterweight to the alt-right stuff we’ve seen under Trump. That will not solve the problem.

I don’t think we need to rock the boat. We need to stabilize the boat. It’s already rocking.

I didn’t write this.

• Crap @benshawks08 I was trying to quote you. Sorry man.

• Figured something weird was happening.

• I agree the boat is unstable but on race it has been heavily listing to one direction. Gotta push to get it back to level. Especially with so many people with so much weight (The president, racist cops, Tom cotton, etc.) leaning in.

Also, not sure I’d define my stance as radical but I obviously don’t get to decide that.

• @benshawks08 Umm. I don’t think I can get your post back without digging into the database.

You had good points in the post.

@FarmerJayhawk he said he just got Kendis book and was looking forward to reading it fully but didn’t think he interpreted what Kendi had to say as you did and wanted to discuss more.

Also you said that you recommend Grandmother’s Hands, a book about the psychology of trauma and there is a section about race.

I see you man 🙂

@benshawks08 Umm. I don’t think I can get your post back without digging into the database.

You had good points in the post.

@FarmerJayhawk he said he just got Kendis book and was looking forward to reading it fully but didn’t think he interpreted what Kendi had to say as you did and wanted to discuss more.

Also you said that you recommend Grandmother’s Hands, a book about the psychology of trauma and there is a section about race.

I see you man 🙂

CENSORSHIP!!! THIS IS EXACTLY WHY DESPOTIC POWER DOESNT WORK! Give the power to the people!!! J/k. Mistakes happen. Thanks for all you do to keep THIS boat afloat.

• I like the boat analogy for another reason. I’m just sitting here thinking, what does a boat that is listing to one side do? Goes in circles. Seems apt.

• @benshawks08 but isn’t rocking the boat the last thing you want to do when it’s listing?

• @approxinfinity who started this ship metaphor anyway. I think it’s stupid. What am I a boat captain now? (Me. I started it)

• https://twitter.com/dukembb/status/1276621259116171269?s=21

I dislike this man but think it’s interesting that this statement would have been a radical view 5 years ago. It doesn’t seem radical to me now. And as calculating a person as k is I can’t imagine he feels it’s too radical either. Am I off?

• @benshawks08 i thought he was talking to a 5 yr old. He’s trying to hard. Self is so much better! Anyone listen to the zoom call with the Star w/self, cuonzo Martin, Dayton Moore and 3 other leaders from the area?

• @benshawks08 said in KSU Student is Racist:

https://twitter.com/dukembb/status/1276621259116171269?s=21

I dislike this man but think it’s interesting that this statement would have been a radical view 5 years ago. It doesn’t seem radical to me now. And as calculating a person as k is I can’t imagine he feels it’s too radical either. Am I off?

Still 90% chance he votes for Trump. K is a big Republican.

• @FarmerJayhawk actions speak louder than words. He would never admit it though.

• It will be interesting with KSUCK football this fall, all the back woods hillbillies that fill that crap hole on Saturday may not like the players standing up to this.

• @kjayhawks it appears they don’t!

• Wow. Donald Trump Implosion 2020. Even if it is sarcasm it doesn’t matter. Retweeting that is so dumb. Trump just doesn’t care any more.

• I’m voting Amash, new video is going around twitter with Biden saying the N word. Let’s move on from the 2 party system that has crippled America!!

• Amash dropped. @kjayhawks

• @kjayhawks said in KSU Student is Racist:

I’m voting Amash, new video is going around twitter with Biden saying the N word. Let’s move on from the 2 party system that has crippled America!!

For someone claiming not to trust things, I assume you researched the context of that video? Is it the one where he is in a Senate hearing in 1985 and is reading a quote from someone? Or the one where Sean Hannity lied about Biden saying a “horrible word” that Fox bleeped out, when the word he used was “Negro”?

No citation in your post leaves you appearing to endorse the contention that Biden used the n-word as an epithet. Nice job of helping out the other guy.

• @kjayhawks do you have the full video?

I feel like I would have seen this if this didn’t have any context to it.

• @Kcmatt7 He isn’t good in supporting his “they are all bad” attitude.

Perhaps it was one of these:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/10/unraveling-three-manipulated-videos-about-joe-biden/

• It could have been fake for sure, looks like it’s been taken down ether way voting for Trump or Biden seems wrong

• @mayjay how is that? I believe democrats to be worst but still hate both. Let’s not forget a few short years ago Democrats thought that only police should have guns, now there either defunding or getting rid of it all together. I’ve never seen a group more hypercritical than the dems which says a lot because the republicans are plenty themselves. Just my opinion, the police brutality was still happening in Obama’s 8 years.

• @Kcmatt7 well I find someone else to vote for I suppose.

• I support your desire to break free of voting for either of the major parties. For us to be able to do so effectively I have a few considerations:

• who is the other guy, the one you’re voting for? This is critical. He has to be someone good or represent a platform that is good. Can’t just be a Mickey Mouse write in. We need to establish new alternates that represent a better way forward, or else we get no where.
    • Is that person better than both of the major candidates? Also critical. These votes must do more good than harm.
    • Who are the alternative candidates for other levels of government? I believe to make sustainable change we need to find a way to get more independents or third party candidates into local positions and at every level. Our ultimate endgoal should be the House and Senate, but build up to that . We also need to make info about the candidates easily accessible to all that overcome major party bias.
    • What are the laws preventing third party and independent candidates from having a chance and how can we make our voices heard to change them?

I support your desire to break free of voting for either of the major parties. For us to be able to do so effectively I have a few considerations:

• who is the other guy, the one you’re voting for? This is critical. He has to be someone good or represent a platform that is good. Can’t just be a Mickey Mouse write in. We need to establish new alternates that represent a better way forward, or else we get no where.
    • Is that person better than both of the major candidates? Also critical. These votes must do more good than harm.
    • Who are the alternative candidates for other levels of government? I believe to make sustainable change we need to find a way to get more independents or third party candidates into local positions and at every level. Our ultimate endgoal should be the House and Senate, but build up to that . We also need to make info about the candidates easily accessible to all that overcome major party bias.
    • What are the laws preventing third party and independent candidates from having a chance and how can we make our voices heard to change them?

The Libertarian candidate this year is Jo Jorgensen. Libertarians are further right economically than Republicans and further left socially than Democrats.

The issue for any politician not affiliated with the Dems or Reps is money. It costs a lot of money to run for office and most third party candidates don’t have the funds to run as a third party candidate. Most people who would consider themselves Libertarians that run for office will usually run as Republicans because that’s the only way to get enough funding to have any chance.

The two biggest things that could happen in American politics to change everything for the better would be to restrict the spending and influence of special interest lobbyist groups and to enact term limits on Congress.

Those lobbyist groups are what keep third party candidates from having a real chance to be elected because of they money they can pour into campaigns. When people talk about how can politicians get so rich when the actual position doesn’t pay that much comparatively speaking when looking at some of these Congressmen’s net worths, it’s because of special interest groups.

The problem is there isn’t ever going to be enough support within Congress to enact term limits on themselves or to restrict special interest groups influence in politics. The Supreme Court is the barrier to Congressional term limits since the ruled in 1994 rules states can’t impose term limits on its federal representatives so you’d have to get the Supreme Court to overturn that ruling to prevent them from potentially declaring anything to do with Congressional term limits unconstitutional.

• KSU’s president has announced that KSU cannot legally expell the student for his George Floyd comments which I think most here knew that was the case. They are creating some new diversity programs to appease the student athletes since expulsion would be illegal in this case.