UH-OH - Sounds like trouble in Aggieville



  • @justanotherfan

    I agree. Interesting that the police is arresting football players for parking tickets, they must not be very busy and feel the need to stop this crime wave created by football players. Their stipend must be very low that they cannot afford a parking ticket.



  • @kjayhawks @justanotherfan The unregistered vehicle would be interesting. I was told KSU did it “the right way” :thinking:



  • BShark said:

    @kjayhawks @justanotherfan The unregistered vehicle would be interesting. I was told KSU did it “the right way” :thinking:

    “Unregistered” could simply mean that the tags were out of date. It doesn’t necessarily mean that the vehicle was given improperly. Of course, everything about Billy Preston came from a one car accident.



  • @JayHawkFanToo Not too far off base. I had a KSU football player pull a gun on me in Manhattan (in 1999) because I pulled up behind him at a stop sign. I guess he wanted me to blow thru it past and around him? Craziness.



  • I’m hearing that Head Coach Bill Snyder will announce his retirement within the next 48 hours. I think that’s huge if it happens, Les maybe able to flip some guys over to Hawks.



  • kjayhawks said:

    I’m hearing that Head Coach Bill Snyder will announce his retirement within the next 48 hours. I think that’s huge if it happens, Les maybe able to flip some guys over to Hawks.

    Jim Leavitt is the guy KSU administration has wanted for awhile and Leavitt has a specific clause in his contract that he doesn’t have pay his early exit buyout if he takes the KSU job.



  • @Texas-Hawk-10 Right, so the question becomes did Synder retire on his own terms? Or is he agreeing to retire because they have agreed to let Sean Synder coach? Will Synder have a role in the athletic department again and run off the next coach as he did Prince (I don’t believe Prince was great but he won more games in each of his 3 seasons than Synder did in the previous 2 seasons and recruited several starters on the 2012 B12 title team)? Either way I think it could be huge for Les trying to flip guys, Leavitt is a good coach but doesn’t have the resume or flash of Miles.



  • It kinda strange how close KSUs and KUs seasons are both teams had a defense good enough to win outside of a few games. KU isn’t far from having 7 wins and KSU isn’t far from having 9 wins. I’m sure blowing a 17 point lead in the final 12 minutes in Ames will leave a bad taste in the mouths of fans and booster of KSU. All while was Snyder failed to see how obvious it was that Thompson was a better option at QB, that itself probably cost them a few games.



  • Bill Snyder is being forced out and it will be likely be Jim Leavitt being announced in the next week or two.



  • TV stations in KC were saying last evening that it was likely Snyder’s last game as HC at KSU…



  • Texas Hawk 10 said:

    Bill Snyder is being forced out and it will be likely be Jim Leavitt being announced in the next week or two.

    I’ve heard Hocutt at Tech May try to land Leavitt himself.



  • FarmerJayhawk said:

    Texas Hawk 10 said:

    Bill Snyder is being forced out and it will be likely be Jim Leavitt being announced in the next week or two.

    I’ve heard Hocutt at Tech May try to land Leavitt himself.

    I think Vrenables is the guy to watch a Tech.



  • Woodrow said:

    FarmerJayhawk said:

    Texas Hawk 10 said:

    Bill Snyder is being forced out and it will be likely be Jim Leavitt being announced in the next week or two.

    I’ve heard Hocutt at Tech May try to land Leavitt himself.

    I think Vrenables is the guy to watch a Tech.

    Seth Littrell is Tech’s if they want him. That’s the P5 job Littrell wants.



  • Texas Hawk 10 said:

    Woodrow said:

    FarmerJayhawk said:

    Texas Hawk 10 said:

    Bill Snyder is being forced out and it will be likely be Jim Leavitt being announced in the next week or two.

    I’ve heard Hocutt at Tech May try to land Leavitt himself.

    I think Vrenables is the guy to watch a Tech.

    Seth Littrell is Tech’s if they want him. That’s the P5 job Littrell wants.

    That would be the smart move. Not sure if Hocutt will go that route. Is he different enough than Kliff?



  • https://twitter.com/aj_donwilliams/status/1066752856215179264?s=21

    This guy has some interesting stuff on his timeline about Tech candidates



  • So Kliff is out at TT and sounds like Synder is out at KSU. I’ve read some interesting things on both blogs today. Both schools seem to think Ventables is headed their way. TT athletics Director is a former roommate of Ventables at KSU. I’ve also heard that Ventables would never return to KSU because he hooked up with a high profile boosters daughter while he was there and it didn’t end well. I’d be shocked if KSU spends the money on his buy out and the contract it would take to sign him (second highest paid assistant in CFB). I’d say Litrell to TT and Leavitt to KSU seems possible if Riley doesn’t go to the NFL. But we how much of a hard ass Synder is, it wouldnt shock me if Sean is announced as HC either.



  • I’m not sure that Littrell would want the Tech job. I honestly believe he could do better. When the cowboys were struggling rumors were flying about Riley heading to Dallas and Littrell heading to Norman. I’d still fire Garrett if I was Dallas, it’s taken the NFC easy falling apart and injuries to make them relevant again. The cowboys also have a very easy schedule compared to most.



  • The only reason Seth Littrell wouldn’t take the Texas Tech job, where he spent 4 years under Leach, is because he would prefer the North Carolina job, where he spent 2 years as the associate head coach. Littrell is going to have his pick of Lubbock or Chapel Hill. I just don’t see Venables taking the Tech job even though that’s who their admins want. The one thing in Tech’s favor though for Venables is their AD’s relationship with Venables going back to their KSU days.



  • Texas Hawk 10 said:

    The only reason Seth Littrell wouldn’t take the Texas Tech job, where he spent 4 years under Leach, is because he would prefer the North Carolina job, where he spent 2 years as the associate head coach. Littrell is going to have his pick of Lubbock or Chapel Hill. I just don’t see Venables taking the Tech job even though that’s who their admins want. The one thing in Tech’s favor though for Venables is their AD’s relationship with Venables going back to their KSU days.

    Couldn’t agree more. Though it looks more and more likely that Mack Brown of all people is going to UNC. I don’t quite get it but I guess if that’s what Bubba wants, fine. Rumor is he has to have someone with P5 HC experience, and there aren’t that many guys out there fitting that description. Leavitt may be more likely at TTU. Going to be awkward for Hocutt bidding against his alma mater.



  • @FarmerJayhawk It would be funny if Brown ended up at UNC, Ventables at TT and Leavitt at Louisville. Just because that would leave KSU scrabbling lol



  • Mack Brown coached at UNC before Texas so I’m guessing UNC would be hoping to get a repeat of his first tenure there which was very successful.



  • Texas Hawk 10 said:

    Mack Brown coached at UNC before Texas so I’m guessing UNC would be hoping to get a repeat of his first tenure there which was very successful.

    That’s certainly the idea. Also some donors who ponied up for Fedora’s buyout really want Mack to return, with the intention of hiring an all-star staff with a HCIW.



  • There are likely to be at least eight P5 openings this season, with some potential name jobs (Southern Cal?) open. Maryland will be open. There could be a couple of ACC jobs (Louisville, UNC) open. If KSU wants to act, they better act fast because things will heat up quickly this week.

    The other thing to be aware of for KSU is that since Snyder effectively forced Prince out the last time around, and wields so much influence in that athletic department, some of the coaching candidates may not want to take that job if Snyder (or his son) is going to be around the program. Add to that the fact that the Texas Tech job is the better job in the Big 12 (particularly since KU just hired Les Miles), and K-State may be heading for some tough sledding.



  • @justanotherfan USC isn’t going to be available this year and Louisville and UNC are both open although UNC is likely hiring Mack Brown again tomorrow.



  • Seems to be some conflicting report out of kittyville. - - Several people saying that it’s done that some guy named Kileman from NDSU will be the next Coach - -well Tim Fitzgerald from Power Cat is saying that with the people who he is talking it’s Littrell -he was then asked if KSU will have a Coach by next week. – He said ya he feels really confident they will have Seth by then - -we shall see. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY



  • This is pretty petty any way you look at it. No wonder why so many players left; the Snyders really did think they owned the program



  • JayHawkFanToo said:

    This is pretty petty any way you look at it. No wonder why so many players left; the Snyders really did think they owned the program

    I’ve heard rumors of similar things from inside that program for years. If Snyder does not (or did not) like you while you were within the program, labelled you a troublemaker or whatever, he would withhold your ring or delay your transfer request - petty stuff.

    As the article indicates, its the type of stuff that is tough for the player to make noise about in the moment - it looks bad to transfer while tangled up in a dispute with your former school/coach.

    Snyder and his family think they own Manhattan (to some extent, they do). I think Snyder’s large shadow is going to affect their coaching search more than they realize.



  • @justanotherfan

    I agree. Any coach considering the position should have it as part of the contract that there will be no interference or influence from Snyder. I understand that it is difficult to cut all ties with a coach that did so much for the program but keeping him as an “ambassador” and maintaining ties with the program could end up being a bad decision moving forward.



  • @JayHawkFanToo I’ve questioned it myself on several occasions. Starting in 02 when they were beating KU by 60 and put back in there starters on Defense as soon as KU crossed mid field late in the fourth (they had already lost 3 games and weren’t trying to get BCS votes ether). I’ve never hoped for a player on any team to get hurt but I would’ve laughed if one of their starters got hurt then. Seemed pretty classless to me and I believe it was last year one transferring player went public about he was like a slave owner and was blocking him from transferring. I have a friend of a friends son that grew up a KSU fan and transferred up from Juco a couple of years back. He said Snyder played favorites like crazy, was a complete a**hole and transfered to Tabor for his senior year. He and his family are no longer KSU fans lol. The way he was holding the university hostage I questioned if he would actually retire. One thing to consider when hiring a new coach is that Synder is still in the athletic department and will probably interfere with the next guy if he doesn’t see the things that are going on as good (Ron Prince who went 7-6, 5–7, 5-7 and recruited several starters including Klein on the 2012 B12 title team after Snyder went 4-8 and 5-7 in final 2 seasons).



  • @kjayhawks

    Behind the friendly, grandfatherly facade lies a ruthless individual that controlled and ruled the program with an iron fist and stayed long after he should have retired because KSU would not acquiesce to his demand that his son be named to succeed him. The new coach better have an ironclad clause in his contract that Snyder will not interfere. I am sure Snyder lurking behind the scenes will keep some potential coaches away.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to KU Buckets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.