Jaybate This Is Your Day

• For these implicated programs, hopefully this opportunity to clean house thoroughly is not wasted. Also, I think this is an opportunity for the NCAA to reassert itself and find a new identity amidst the ashes of moral bankruptcy. Maybe they could start by banning Nike, Adidas and Under Armour from sponsoring any college teams. Can they do that?

• KUSTEVE said:

It has to be Quickly. The report states that Miami had offered a player 150k, and was outbid. Oh my goodness. Is the Squid’s day of judgement finally on us?

The player in the report is Nas Little. Quickley is new speculation.

• @approxinfinity I doubt the NCAA can regulate that. Somebody has to make the uniforms for programs.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 I’m pretty sure there are a few other sports apparel companies that would gladly take on ncaam contracts?

• @jaybate-1.0 Gatto has ties to Nike. I highly doubt he just started buying players at Adidas so if he starts squealing about what he did at Nike and who was involved there, then there could be some major implications at Nike as well.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 I didn’t mean football. That’s a lot more equipment… I mean, until the other (football) shoe falls.

• @approxinfinity

The NCAA’s likely job appears to be to blame this on those without deep enough legal pockets to fight back (I.e., assistant coaches), and save the big petroshoeco checks for the “member institutions.”

College basketball would not even be in this nightmare had the NCAA ever adequately done its nominal job.

Hoping for the NCAA to clean up college basketball is like hoping for a metadrug cartel to clean up the drug business.

• @jaybate-1.0 so the first step is determining what we would like the NCAA to be and do, and step two is to hit social media hard and demand justice right? Isn’t this how it works in today’s America? Should we start tweeting the hell out of #ncaa #shoeco #corruption #basketball ?

• @Texas-Hawk-10

If Gatto left Nike for adidas, then I would think it likely this story comes to a screeching halt. Gatto takes his medice, a couple assistants take the fall, and its play ball and resume wall of silence on not just a swamp, but a tar pit.

• @jaybate-1.0 I would say it largely depends on how much prison time Gatto is looking at. We know he’s not of high character so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he starts throwing everyone under the bus to avoid as much prison time as possible without regard for Nike or Adidas affiliation.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 Jim Gatto’s new shoe affiliation: https://www.bobbarker.com/products.html

• @Texas-Hawk-10 gatto has been w/adidas a long time. It was another guy that recently switched from Nike to adidas. http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2017/09/adidas_nike_officials_charged.html

• @approxinfinity

I’m not yet knowledgeable enough to suggest specific reform, but yes, that’s partly how it works. The Drake Group awhile back proposed abolishing the NCAA and replacing it with a federally chartered corporation with a Presidentially appointed commissioner that runs the game, if I recall correctly. I’ve been expecting them to surface shortly and argue racism with all the assistants being AfAm and abolish the NCAA.

Many want control of this D1 cash cow . I wonder if the FBI were tipped off by some that wish to become the new head honchos of D1. No evidence yet.

Advocating reform paths first requires identifying both the axis of private oligarchy that controls it now, AND the one that is willing to tip the FBI to start the destabilization of the NCAA to acquire control of it. We want both those groups kept as far from the game as possible.

Gaming, media, shoes and agents have to fenced completely out of control; this much is obvious. But at this scale of global gaming, media, shoes and agencies, we are dealing as much with the biggest of the big private oligarchies, and that in turn means their intelligence and mil-int Deep Staters. I truly believe it goes this deep. Global sports is too big for the Big Dogs to leave alone. It represents propaganda power, black money laundering through gaming, oil demand for migrating from natural to synthetic fibers, mind control through marketing, and so on. Any one of these are too big and important to leave to chance, or appropriation by an enemy.

So: Our only chance to save basketball from total engineered subordination (Rollerball-ization) to the NWO (which is already here and established in most sectors) is to come up with a reform framework that either enlists TPTB in sports legitimacy, or pits them all against each other as checks and balances.

I’m just not smart enough to know what would be feasible and for the best. I am sorry.

But there does appear a possible window.

Rock Chalk!

Save the Greatest Game Ever Invented!

• @jaybate-1.0 I would love to see a group controlling CBB that opens up broadcast rights to local channels and a la carte offerings.

• It seems much stronger consumer advocacy groups could keep people perpetually vigilant and rejecting the major shoecos, affiliated AAU programs, and college programs, and would be able to encourage people to reject big media if they didn’t have a coverage Monopoly. There is a need.

• Anyone have a Nike flag they can film, burn, and post on Twitter?

• @Crimsonorblue22 Thanks for posting what I didn’t want to take the time to. I’m so tired sometimes I just let people believe whatever they want to post. I miss having Mike in da mix. Just ain’t the same without his take. Didja see Paulo kick ass & take names tonight? Just like old times girl !! Is the last hurrah 😁 for Daytons guys now so bittersweet just makes me grab the brandy & ice water 💦.

• I did! Not missing Sunday. Heading to late pm sat.

• @Crimsonorblue22 Enjoy 😊 & drive safe. Gotta have savvy in this day & age, good intentions ain’t enough. A little.32 cal in that Coach bag would help too.Woman in OP yesterday KO’ed a thuggery with a groin kick on Indianan Creek jogging trail. Dumped a can of whoopass on him, yeeeaaaah!! Now he can sing soprano .

• @Kcmatt7 @KUSTEVE @BeddieKU23 Ok so Collin Sexton took 25k from Bama. I’m feeling better about KU slowly here. If KU was dirty, no way Sexton gets away that cheap right?

• @BShark should our recent re- up with Adidas for $191 mill over 14 years worry us?

Can we “decommit” from Adidas; how about Puma? LaGerald doesn’t mind rocking soccer shorts I’m sure. Their shoes run narrow but surely they have a wide model.

• approxinfinity said:

@BShark should our recent re- up with Adidas for $191 mill over 14 years worry us?

Can we “decommit” from Adidas; how about Puma? LaGerald doesn’t mind rocking soccer shorts I’m sure. Their shoes run narrow but surely they have a wide model.

I’d be more worried about a “recruit from 2010”.

• BShark said:

@Kcmatt7 @KUSTEVE @BeddieKU23 Ok so Collin Sexton took 25k from Bama. I’m feeling better about KU slowly here. If KU was dirty, no way Sexton gets away that cheap right?

Is it confirmed he got the money…

What I was reading is his father met with Michel who wanted to steer him to someone for the NBA? They facilitated money for that. But you have to think there had to be $ involved before hand too.

But yes so far nothing that points to KU doing anything dirty… Maryland fans on page 60 something still claiming KU is

• The NCAA must be really pissed, they have a lot more work to do now lol

• The funny thing is the state of Alabama probably just found out yesterday they have a basketball program.

• @mayjay Bob Barker products… Come on down Jim, you’re the next contestant on The Price is Right! 😉

• Does anyone remember who the lead assistant was on the 2010 recruit that wasn’t Woolridge?

• approxinfinity said:

@Texas-Hawk-10 Jim Gatto’s new shoe affiliation: https://www.bobbarker.com/products.html

PHOF times 10!

• If Sexton’s dad accepted money he has to be ineligible right? How is this any different then Cliff Alexander.

• @BShark

Where are you going with in regards to that?

• @BShark Yep. And it’s ironic how it is always guys that the staff recruited their asses off for. We watched Sexton how many times? Visited him over and over. Put in the work. And then it slips away “because Avery Johnson played in the NBA and he knows what he’s doing.” I always knew that was bullshit. Makes a ton more sense now.

• BeddieKU23 said:

@BShark

Rumours flying that FBI is digging particularly deep into the Baltimore area. Not sure what the statute of limitations is, but that was one that definitely didn’t smell right. Hopefully KU is clean that far back.

• Kcmatt7 said:

@BShark Yep. And it’s ironic how it is always guys that the staff recruited their asses off for. We watched Sexton how many times? Visited him over and over. Put in the work. And then it slips away “because Avery Johnson played in the NBA and he knows what he’s doing.” I always knew that was bullshit. Makes a ton more sense now.

Yeah I’d buy staying close to home over Avery Johnson knows what he is doing. Ha.

KU was def on Sexton early. Tried real hard on that one.

• BShark said:

BeddieKU23 said:

@BShark

Rumours flying that FBI is digging particularly deep into the Baltimore area. Not sure what the statute of limitations is, but that was one that definitely didn’t smell right. Hopefully KU is clean that far back.

So are you talking about Selby?

• Yes. It’s all crazy rumours until something is official. Great time for trolls and fake twitter accounts though I guess.

• Most of the the bromides about recruiting became BS in the petroshoeco era.

He’s great closing with parents.

They had the PT to offer.

His girl friend is there.

He wants to play for the best.

He wants a coach that will challenge him.

He loves the tradition.

It’s the housing.

He is tight with the assistant.

His dad went there.

He wants to play with his friend.

He grew up watching them.

He loves the weather there.

They’ve won a ring recently.

That coach can really relate to the new generation.

It’s the way they stage their late night.

ALL COMPLETE AND UTTER BULLSHIT.

It appears to be the money.

P…S.: I have long hoped that players would be paid legally. as one is for most any kind of job, so that the greatest game ever invented did not get caught up in this kind of issue.

• @BShark Appears that the SOL is 5 years.

Under federal statute 18 USC 3282, individuals are protected from prosecution for any noncapital offense in which an indictment is not found within five years of the criminal act. In most cases, noncapital federal offenses that do not meet these guidelines cannot be prosecuted. However, the repercussions of federal criminal corruption are so far-reaching that, in practice, a revelation about corruption can result in probable cause for a thorough investigation that may uncover current corruption, whether intentional or not.

• @Kcmatt7 Interesting. Really hope KU gets through this clean.

• @BShark Any major program that gets through this cleanly will automatically have a leg up in recruiting I think. If we do get through this clean, Bill really will be looked at as a boy scout nationally. And I really do think that will go a long way.

• @Kcmatt7 Rumours flying that KU will be named today. Not from anywhere substantial yet though. So maybe just jealousy and trolls.

• BShark said:

@Kcmatt7 Rumours flying that KU will be named today. Not from anywhere substantial yet though. So maybe just jealousy and trolls.

Definitely trolling. Crazy times we are in

• @BShark I did find that Townsend was lead on Selby. And Wiggins. And Jackson. And Ayton. If we have a coach who is a problem, it is him.

• Kcmatt7 said:

@BShark I did find that Townsend was lead on Selby. And Wiggins. And Jackson. And Ayton. If we have a coach who is a problem, it is him.

Welp.

• alt text

• @BShark Was that from the AAU team?

• @BShark Who was that from?

• @BShark But, we lost Ayton. Jackson signed with UA. And Wiggins didn’t need money. Selby also probably took money from Adidas and so he picked Tennessee. UT ended up getting investigated for the Aaron Craft debacle and he decomitted and ended up at KU. So far, nothing to worry about other than the coincedence that KU landed 3 guys in late spring that were recruited by Towns who is known as a phenomenal recruiter. We lost out to Ayton early, and we know he was paid.

• Kcmatt7 said:

@BShark Was that from the AAU team?

Yes.

• Kcmatt7 said:

@BShark But, we lost Ayton. Jackson signed with UA. And Wiggins didn’t need money. Selby also probably took money from Adidas and so he picked Tennessee. UT ended up getting investigated for the Aaron Craft debacle and he decomitted and ended up at KU. So far, nothing to worry about other than the coincedence that KU landed 3 guys in late spring that were recruited by Towns who is known as a phenomenal recruiter. We lost out to Ayton early, and we know he was paid.

Fair enough. I’m still on the cautiously optimistic plan.

• @Kcmatt7 just imagine how ESPN will be forced to parade KU around as a poster boy for college basketball, as if by acknowledging the program’s cleaniness, they somehow cohabitate the same moral high ground! I can hear all the backhanded compliments now!