Trae Young

• @BeddieKU23

I can’t see a situation where Self lands a kid that would cause Garrett not to play. That if Devonte stays even. In that situation we are looking at Graham/Newman/Vick starting and Garrett sopping up the large majority of the bench minutes until Cunliffe is eligible.

I think I was about as excited as anyone when we signed him. Very under the radar.

• @BShark

If Graham returns all the sour grapes are forgotten from today. But we know either he’ll declare after the season and keep us waiting until after the combine is over or declare and give Self some time to figure out option #345643 of the 2017 cycle. I’m not buying anyone who thinks he’s coming back as some of the media is trying to talk up today in light of losing out.

And yes something about Marcus makes me think we are still under-appreciating signing him.

• @BeddieKU23

Gotta take top 50 talents when you can and imo Garrett is.

And yeah no one on the radio knows anything, they are speculating because of the situation.

• @BShark true, but yet STILL is that roster even with Garrettt intimidate you? - -scare you? - -ROCK CHAL;K ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer54

No but Young wouldn’t have changed that.

• You guys probably have covered this but is Newman a good ball handler?

• @jayballer54 Does that team scare me right this second? Nope.

But, 5 of those players have the potential to make a huge jump this summer. Vick, Cunliffe, Newman, Doke and Lightfoot have a ton of room to grow their games.

I expect a lot from Newman and Cunliffe. I think Lightfoot probably adds 20-30 lbs this summer and can actually hold his own out on the floor. Doke will be much improved next year. At the very least, a better conditioned player and that is scary enough. And Vick could add another 15 lbs this summer and become a force driving the lane. Although, most of his problems on the court seem mental to me. He is as athletic as anyone. I think he takes a giant step and solidifies himself in the 1st round of the 2018 draft.

If the stars align, next years team could start 5 potential first round picks. Even if Svi and Graham leave, there is the potential for 4 first round picks.

• @approxinfinity from what I’ve heard, not a point guard at the college level. Bill has made it clear that he is a combo guard. So to me that means he isn’t the greatest at taking care of the ball.

• Graham will be back because his draft stock has quite a bit of room to rise. He’s 2nd round to undrafted right now as the 3rd option on this team. Next year is when he’ll get to run the show with Newman being the #2 option. A good year next year for Graham puts him in the mid 1st round most likely.

Graham will be back because of that.

• Looks like “Sky Is Falling 2017/2018” is in production.

• @Kcmatt7 I have to say this, and Some will probably think I am 10000% whacko, I agree with you on lightfoot. - -You know what I think his big problem is this year?- -I think it is just a lot his weight. - -Maybe just me but when he HAS come in, seems like lots of energy, actually blocks shots a little better then what I thought, works hard, so like you said, give him a summer with Hudy get some meat on him I think he MAY just surprise some people. I’ve liked what I have seen from him actually.

Doke? - -actually I think we STILL have him for 2 more years I think with him having his wrist/hand messed up will sit him back some in his development, I think he will stick for TWO full years of playing time, he can be a beast - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @Texas-Hawk-10 That’s why this site is good, we can differ on opinion. - -I’ve read ALOT from people that scope this out and they say that there is NO WAY Devonte will be back next year… - - . I think he has hit about his high as he is going as his value is going to go in the NBA. at the top of the 2nd round from what I’ve seen. at various times. wish I could say it was just me, BUT there are many, many that also feel Devonte is gone. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Congrats to Trae for making his pick. It will be good to compete against him next year and beyond.

We have nothing to worry, and can now focus more on Trevon.

If we don’t land either of these players, we will still be fine. I’m with @Texas-Hawk-10 , Devonte would be nuts to leave this year with his draft stock low, never getting the top marque spot here, and next year looming as his big year.

Even if we did lose Devonte and these two… Bill finds a way to make it work. He has been pretty darn successful throughout his days at Kansas. If we become desperate you all will be amazed when a kick butt guard suddenly becomes available after March. Players shift… remember how we got Frank and Devonte?

• @mayjay

About Marcus Smart…first, he played for OSU not OU so I seriously doubt Kruger would mention him. Second, outside of fans from KU and OSU, no one remember Smart for the flip, everybody rightfully remembers him for the biggest flopper he was…and still is.

• @JayHawkFanToo Point taken, but I do think he emphasized the idea of taking out the king.

In a lighter vein, your post suggested to me that the flip was just really a preview of how well he would develop his flop! Trying to get our logo called for a post-game fowl?

• Tried to be as positive as possible. Oh well…could say a lot of stupid stuff. But I’ll just say, hope TY’s dreams comes true.

We don’t get Trevon. That idea is a definite NO. We basically went all in on Trae and played the OU odds and lost.

Let’s see if there are any highly experienced transfers ready to win a NC with KU. There will be a transfer that will realize they are on a dead end road to no where and decide they could at least win a NC at KU.

Bill Self is a master at getting those transfers.

• Graham appearing more amd more likely to return is likely the biggest reason why Young went with OU. Woodard will be gone and they’ll have an opening on a likely tournament team. With Graham likely back, Young comes off the bench behind Graham and Newman.

As long as Graham does return, this isn’t a huge blow for KU, but not having Young in 2018-19 is the bigger loss with Young

• @mayjay

Considering that you can take the king down only once but the king can continuously pound you…wouldn’t you rather be the king? I know I would…

• Another pointless thread, worrying about some kid that never committed…so how much time & your own emotion did you waste, ask yourselves? Remember all the wanking & mental masterbation over KalebX Tarczewski? Never came, dont care.

Someone posted “I hope there’s another Trae out there”. Maybe, since you are supposed to know your own coach’s attributes by now, one might say “I hope he finds the next Mason/Graham/Tyshawn”. Want a lead guard? Or 2 combos/PGs? Find 4 year contenders, not 1-yr OAD pretenders.

Say NO to this f–kin hype machine. Its damn embarrassing to see grown men put on a godd–n bonnet & batt their eyelashes in hopes over some 17yr old, only then to read their “jilted” catharsis later.

How many times are you people going to do this to yourselves? KTarc, DDaniels, etc, etc, etc. ad nauseum.

• @ralster

Frankly, I don’t worry to much, that is Coach Self’s job, he gets paid plenty for it and more importantly…he always delivers and seldom disappoints.

• @ralster If only you weren’t so ambiguous about this topic!😛

• @approxinfinity Can we just lock this one and maybe flush it down the toilet?

• @brooksmd +100

• Trae young going going gone🚽🌪🌪🌪🌪🌪