Other Football Games of Interest

• @dylans said in Other Football Games of Interest:

@jayballer67 said in Other Football Games of Interest:

@stoptheflop said in Other Football Games of Interest:

Wow, Houston has 63 new players this year. Houston doesn’t look good so far against UNLV. Or UNLV is good.

Houdon = = Is Colorado. — -Flash -Dash – Deion has done the same thing in hi first two years and i cost him Big- - the program in so much turmoil

Colorado won one game before Deion arrived. He hasn’t hurt that program one bit. They would be getting zero attention and recruits without Deion. Not saying I approve of his style, but Colorado sucks at sports.

The things this idiot does is un acceptable , , the way he handles his team , the things being reported that’s going on in the locker room reported from past players, -Him banning a reporter because he wouldn’t kiss his ass, that were legit questions He came in thought he would just rule College football with Portal players and like 65 player turn over his first year - - what hapened? – led the Nation by far in getting his Quarterback Sacked FIFTY ONE TIMES - - -FIFTY ONE – - OOOPS. - - – -so what’s he do? – goes and and pulss the same crap this year, not very impressive win this wek by far. – Sanders is Coaching off his Name - - -NOT

@jayballer67 said in Other Football Games of Interest:

@stoptheflop said in Other Football Games of Interest:

Wow, Houston has 63 new players this year. Houston doesn’t look good so far against UNLV. Or UNLV is good.

Houdon = = Is Colorado. — -Flash -Dash – Deion has done the same thing in hi first two years and i cost him Big- - the program in so much turmoil

Colorado won one game before Deion arrived. He hasn’t hurt that program one bit. They would be getting zero attention and recruits without Deion. Not saying I approve of his style, but Colorado sucks at sports.

Sanders is Coaching off his name- - NOT his his coaching ability or reputation… The things that has happened since he has been there is un-acceptable. The things being reported that haas taken place in the locker room from former players , thought he was slick from banning a reporter because the reporter wouldn’t kiss his ass and Sandes refuses him in because he was asking legit questions.

Sands thought he was going to be cute , came in his first year and had a SIXTY PLUS turnover roster, most through the portal – thought instant winner, what happens ?- -Colorado led the nation in having their QB sacked - -FIFTY ONE TIMES - FIFTY ONE1! ! ! , SO he promptly goes out and does the same thing this year. Not a very impressive win against someone they should have rolled.

To say Colorado sucks at sports is not necessarily true either. Coach Boyle always seems to have a very solid Basketball team , far from sucks, and I can remember not THAT LONG in the recent past where their foot ball team would most the time and kick our ass right behind Nebraska & Oklahoma taking their turns on a yearly bases - -they might not be great but they don’t suck He has player taking cheap shots on opposing players that even Colorado fans are saying is not right - - -hitting players way afterwards they are out of bounds and hitting he fences - -( Travis Hunter ) to be specific - -what’s Sanders do ? - --Nothing. He should at least talk to Hunter and say that’s not how we play here. The good thing is that the word is that he is probably gone just aftr his son Graduates , so at least that will be a bonus

• @jayballer67 Are you a closet Colorado Buffalo fan?

@jayballer67 Are you a closet Colorado Buffalo fan?

Like KState, I halfway root for Colo because they are now B12, but I also don’t mind when the media intensive coaches/players get put in their place. With KState, I mostly root for them to win, but I don’t mind if they get their ass kicked either.

@jayballer67 Are you a closet Colorado Buffalo fan?

Are you ?-- cause I sure in the hell ain’t no Sanders Ass Kisser - --so ummmm-- -wait for it- - -wait – - wait - - umm that would be a no lol. Now you on the other hand , there has been rumors

• @jayballer67 lol tldr, but write a novel about a guy you don’t care about. Strange.

@jayballer67 lol tldr, but write a novel about a guy you don’t care about. Strange.

Ha, if your talking about Caption Sanders then - -dam that’s not a Novel , it’s a SHORT STORY, cause that’s all Captain is worth, no one could stand a fricken Novel about him.

He is -wll I think it’s a he isn’t it - -check a out the next time you two chat lmao, but he is not Novel material, not worth the Paper, Pen , OR my time roflmao

• Brian Kelly regime causing some angst in Baton Rouge. I know the dad of the kid who committed the flagrant which helped USC get much closer to winning that game. Always a reminder to Me when I rip on a college kid that he’s someone’s son and it must hurt like heck to see your kid being criticized with many choice words that we fans are known to use sometimes.

• @wissox Any day a Brian Kelly coached team loses is a great day.

@BeddieKU23 Tough look for FSU to start the season…

• @wissox I agree to an extend but that was on of the stupidest things I’ve seen on a football field in a long time. Why would you think that would be okay? Some of the blame maybe goes to poor parenting and his dad that you know.

Edit: I also don’t like the term kid to describe college athletics these days. They are getting paid to be there, it is a job in a lot of ways, it wouldn’t be okay to do that in the McDonald’s drive thru to a customer either. It’s men’s athletics not boys or kids. By the time I was the age of majority of these “kids” I was living on my own, working and being adult.

• @kjayhawks Never said it was ok, and I agree it was a stupid thing to do but it personalizes it a bit when you have a relationship (in this case nothing more than a social media relationship now).

• @BShark said in Other Football Games of Interest:

@wissox Any day a Brian Kelly coached team loses is a great day.

@BeddieKU23 Tough look for FSU to start the season…

We are officially back to the Willie Taggert days. Who woulda thought one decision by ESPN could crumble such a promising uprising. Oh well, I have basketball season upcoming to look forward to.

• I learned this in anatomy class in college. Just because you’re an adult at 18 doesn’t mean you always make great decisions. Think about most college kids. “This is because the brain’s frontal lobe, especially the prefrontal cortex, isn’t fully mature until around age 25. The development of the pre-frontal cortex of the frontal lobe allows us to process the pros and cons of a decision before it is made.”

• @Crimsonorblue22 I’m 60, has mine fully developed? I wonder sometimes.

• @wissox it’s really slow w/guys! 🤣 I just got back from clinic, have a bad cold. Tested positive for covid. First time. I haven’t got my booster yet.

• @Crimsonorblue22 said in Other Football Games of Interest:

@wissox it’s really slow w/guys! 🤣 I just got back from clinic, have a bad cold. Tested positive for covid. First time. I haven’t got my booster yet.

dang , sorry to hear , take care of your self. - So do you have to quarantine then?

• I don’t think you have to, but I won’t expose others. I wore my mask to clinic. We had a secretary come back to school on her second day. She just wore a mask. I’d be in the classroom, which is probably where I got it or at the Drs office on Fri.

• When I had Covid a couple years ago I went on Paxlovid immediately. Think it really helped. Had bad fatigue and headache for a day, then several days of sinus drainage and that was it. My age and other factors made me a prime candidate for severe disease so I’m a big fan of this drug. There’s lots of misinformation circulating about Paxlovid (causes rebounds, only for people with severe disease), none of it true.

• @wissox I didn’t think you thought it was okay but rather why he would think it’s okay. @Crimsonorblue22 thats definitely true but by the time you hit middle school you should have a fairly good gauge between right and wrong. We have to hold people accountable for their actions, it’s something lost right in not only youth but in general. I’ll stand by my statement that pretending to shoot opposing players is one of the stupidest things I’ve seen on the football field.

• @kjayhawks When the play happened I was distracted and someone said Jardin got hit with a targeting. I saw your “stupidest thing I’ve seen…” comment I went back and watched it. It looked like an average run of the mill stupid play, unless you were just referring to the timing of it essentially giving the game to USC.

• @wissox maybe that’s just me I can handle a taunting call but with gun violence the way it nowadays and with the timing of it (any taunting penalty at that time wouldn’t be very intelligent). Yep it’s the stupidest thing I’ve seen in a football game and I’ve been watching for 30 years. If you do that in highschool you’re likely done for the season.

• I can’t believe I find myself rooting for Texas.

• @stoptheflop said in Other Football Games of Interest:

I can’t believe I find myself rooting for Texas.

Michigan / Texas big boy ball right there. - - I if I were a player I would be in absolute awe running out on a field and seeing 106,00 fanatics screaming- -gooese bumps

• As Bob Davis would have said “Okie State” is getting thumped by ArrrrrKansas 14-0 early in the 2nd Q. And KState also getting thumped. But, both early in the second Q

• KSU does not trust Johnson to throw it down field. Twice they’ve ran 3rd and long.

Tulane’s QB is going to get PAID this offseason. Stud.

• Let go Tulane!!!

• Dam K/State has given up 300 yards at halftime.- - Defense must be kinda shaky - -Thanks Disney/Espn.

Arkansas kicking Okie St ass starting 3rf qtr-- -21-7

I hope we are noy walking into a Lion’s den tonight , you know they gonna be fired up. Wanting that revenge

• @kjayhawks said in Other Football Games of Interest:

Let go Tulane!!!

Need this

• Tulane is leaving the door open for KSt. Or KSt finally has its defense playing

• @Kcmatt7 I’m pretty sure Avery Johnson was the inspiration for the Raggedy Ann doll

• Tulane giving it away with silly penalties and now a fumble return for a TD deep in KSU territory. Maybe the play that saved the Mildcats.

• Tulane beating themselves… wow

• Probably better for the conference for OSU and KSU to win today in the long haul.

• KSU gets away with an obvious PI and gets the ball back to likely run out the clock smh

• Refs ain’t gonna let the Mildcats lose sad when even the announcers are calling them out

• Tulane got the hose job. But they blew the game on their own. Fumble recovery for a TD flipped the whole script and so they can really only blame themselves.

• One takeaway is that this KSU staff knows Avery Johnson cannot throw a football.

• @Kcmatt7 for sure, cut down on the penalties and turnovers and they likely win by double digits. But yes that was the big change at half time for KSU, blitz like crazy so their QB can’t pick you apart and run the heck of of the ball. Think Avery was 9/15 for 88 yards in the first half.

• Wow OSU and Arkansas both miss FGs in OT

• I wasn’t paying attention to BYU last night. Wasn’t SMU heavily favored?

• @stoptheflop Yes they were -12.5 last I saw, that was a solid win for the conference. Cincinnati gave one away today.

• As much as we all dislike KSU, in the long run, this was a win that’ll benefit the entire conference. Tulane was/is a threat to get to G5 playoff spot so a road win from one of our conference contenders helps the B12’s overall profile and possibility of getting a second team in the playoffs. Same deal with OSU over Arkansas, these are types of wins the B12 needs. BYU last night was big because SMU was a dark horse ACC contender. It’d also be really nice if ISU could pull the upset today.

• @Kcmatt7 said in Other Football Games of Interest:

One takeaway is that this KSU staff knows Avery Johnson cannot throw a football.

Yep. Elite run game will win them some games but they are not a national championship contender.

• Tulane got majorly screwed

• Still undecided on who to root for in Colo at Neb. I still hate the Big Red, so I guess it will be Colo. Meh

• @BShark I think the KSU staff had to decide between giving Avery the bag or Howard. I get the decision. They are a much better team with Howard though.

I thought the same last season tbh.

• Wow, ISt was behind the entire game until the last play. I guess they had a plan and won the game.

• @stoptheflop that was another solid win for he conference. Does Campbell finally do something with one of the most experienced teams in CFB. I feel like he’s been severely overrated there.

• @kjayhawks he’s got his QB. Definitely a sleeper in the B12

• I would have let Trevor have a shot to return that one