KU is #1

• @Woodrow Let a Wisconsin fan tell you why he’s a douche. Calls the Badgers scumbags in a podcast last year. The day after the fatal shooting at MSU he shows up for a game in Madison wearing a ski mask. During the game in Michigan later in the year stomps on Tyler Wahl who is prone on the floor. I’ll be honest and say there is some doubt whether it was intentional or not, it looked like it could have been, of course from my perspective it was intentional (!) but it was not a good month to be a foe of him, and while I love that he’s a Jayhawk because he’s very good, I also dislike it at the same time.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 What makes the Chiefs the villain under Mahomes? Do you mean because of their success, they’re disliked?

• @approxinfinity I don’t look at the Chiefs as villains.

• @approxinfinity Of course the Chiefs are villains! Tom Brady was a villain, Lebron is a villain, Wilt was a villain, the Yankees were villains… Yes, all highly successful teams and players get hated. As to the Chiefs, if you read the comments on any national sports media for the past 5 years, you will know that ALL calls go the Chiefs’ way, that Roger has issued a mandate to make sure Mahomes (the “chosen one”) always succeeds, and that the Fix is in so there is no reason to even watch the games. (And any ratings figures about the Chiefs are fake, btw.) Then there are Tyreek, Hunt, Clark, all those felons…

Golly, where ya been?

• @wissox said in KU is #1:

@Texas-Hawk-10 You embraced a team cheating their way to a world series?

Every team had their system of sign stealing in place. Nobody gives a damn that Yankees and Red Sox were doing it too and mentioned prominently in that report or that Red Sox won the 2018 World Series by sign stealing as well because it’s the Yankees and Red Sox and they’re supposed to be great every year. People also forget or ignore that the Astros were a better team away from home in 2017 than they were at MMP.

• @approxinfinity said in KU is #1:

@Texas-Hawk-10 What makes the Chiefs the villain under Mahomes? Do you mean because of their success, they’re disliked?

The Chiefs have become the villains of the NFL because they’re basically the final boss now. They replaced the Patriots in that if you want to win a Super Bowl, you have to go through the Chiefs. There’s also the perception that the Chiefs get every questionable call and that Mahomes is as protected as Brady was now. Basically, the Chiefs have the refs in their pockets now.

• Also Reid and the Chiefs have a way of taking risks on guys other teams won’t so it appears they prioritize winning above character.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 Being a Chiefs fan, I feel otherwise. We get on the wrong side of the calls.

• @AsadZ said in KU is #1:

@Texas-Hawk-10 Being a Chiefs fan, I feel otherwise. We get on the wrong side of the calls.

I didn’t say the Chiefs don’t have bad calls go against them, just that the perception is the Chiefs get all of those calls just like the perception was Brady and Patriots got all the 50/50 calls.

• @Texas-Hawk-10

I don’t care if Dickinson is edgy unless he beats his chest instead of getting back on defense. I do want to see why Self is so enamored with him.

• @Zabudda said in KU is #1:

@Texas-Hawk-10

I don’t care if Dickinson is edgy unless he beats his chest instead of getting back on defense. I do want to see why Self is so enamored with him.

He’s 7’2", averaged 19-9 the past two seasons, can shoot 40% from 3, and is an elite passing big. There’s a reason he was chosen as the preseason B12 POY and if he plays to his potential here, could very well end up winning NPOY under Self.

With Dickinson and KJ on offense, we are going to see a lot of high-low involving those two. Dickinson’s 3 point ability also means we should see a lot of lobs as teams have to guard him away from the basket opening up backdoor cuts for McCullar and others.

The reason he’s not in the NBA right now is that he isn’t a great natural athlete. Basically I’m expecting to see a lot of elements of the 2022 offense and going back to the Aldrich, Morris, Robinson era of having two capable post players on the floor together. It should be fun to see what Self comes up with for this group on offense.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 I’m HOPING the Dickenson/KJ combo is like a Withey-TRob combo as more of a bigger clunkier Withey and mini T-Rob…

Bill likes to figure out a way to utilize those weird combinations of players. With HD’s range and KJ’s jumping/screening ability it should be fun to watch. I’m guessing KJ will have twice the number of dunks as HD and Harris will be racking up the assists at will

• Fans and most other qbs respect mahomes, more so than they ever did Brady. He does a lot of commercials and other celebrity events w/other players. Now w/Travis and Taylor we have more fans than any team! Lol😂

• @Crimsonorblue22 until they break up, then Swifties will burn Arrowhead to the ground 😂

• @FarmerJayhawk I thought all fairy-tales end happily… 😊😍🥳💫💖🎆🎆🎆🎆

• @mayjay you could say it’s a nightmare dressed like a day dream

• @Crimsonorblue22 I agree. Mahomes is a fun kid and I really enjoy watching him play. To see the KC’s of the world win championships is a lot easier to take than another Boston team or NY team winning.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in KU is #1:

@Crimsonorblue22 until they break up, then Swifties will burn Arrowhead to the ground 😂

No, they will all buy the 3 albums with her songs about the breakup and then cry incessantly!

• @mayjay 🤣 I think they’re gold.

• Hunter Dickinson named AP preseason 1st Team All-American.

Also, allegedly KSU lost their secret scrimmage game against SMU according to Mike Vernon.

• @wissox said in KU is #1:

@approxinfinity I don’t look at the Chiefs as villains.

Me either. And invoking Houston into this analogy made me throw up in my mouth a little.

• I did a little trolling yesterday of the kitty’s. - -100 % right read where they got beat by SMU off their boards - - 86-76. - -was said they got beat to death inside on the board- - - Ahh I’m sorry.

Tomlin didn’t play, something going on there, not playing till it’s cleared up. - -said he may have crossed the line - - -something to do with the NBA, not sure, but that is what was mentioned.- -Not sure what that might be unless it had something to do with their workouts

• @bskeet Yes, when PBS Frontline does a 90 minute expose of the Astros cheating ways, well there’s a lot of smoke there. Doesn’t even matter if Boston/NY cheated as he alleges, that reeks of whataboutism. I suppose since other people cheat on their income taxes we should too!

• No secret scrimmage for KU. Illinois is coming right up. What does everyone think?

• @stoptheflop I’m just excited! Suppose to be a cold and wet weekend. Ready to watch some fb games and BB. Glad I get the big 10 station. Dang! Chiefs will run over into the BB game.