Transfer Rumblings

• @dylans said in Transfer Rumblings:

@kuballin10 said in Transfer Rumblings:

@Texas-Hawk-10 Nah it’s moreso for all the people acting like he’s the goat. He will yet again have the best roster this year and we won’t capitalize in March with a third title. Other coaches maximize top rosters but he seems to struggle with getting them to gel and be ready come tourney time.

Why do you hate watch KU? You do realize that Bill Self the coach you constantly denigrate is the only constant on the team year to year? Maybe pick a different team if you know they will just fail, it seems to make you miserable and you seem to like to share that misery. Perhaps UConn and Danny Hurley is the apple of your eye. I’m sure they need more fans!

Na , dylans buddy Ballin would never pick another team, so don’t get your hopes up. Your 100 % right these other teas that are better he should go – -but like you said he just has a miserable life so he wants to share lol. - Eve heard that saying Misery loves company ? -Well Ballin is the founding father of misery - - just ooze it – sleeps it-- he is like a Bad Dream - he never goes away lol…

Finding out he likes to throw out pointless , meaningless statements that have no value just to get you riled up -let him go Dylans , let him rant , you know , I know he rants to hear himself rant. -No matter what team he roots for-- -he still a miserable individual.

• @jayballer67 said in Transfer Rumblings:

@dylans said in Transfer Rumblings:

@kuballin10 said in Transfer Rumblings:

@Texas-Hawk-10 Nah it’s moreso for all the people acting like he’s the goat. He will yet again have the best roster this year and we won’t capitalize in March with a third title. Other coaches maximize top rosters but he seems to struggle with getting them to gel and be ready come tourney time.

Why do you hate watch KU? You do realize that Bill Self the coach you constantly denigrate is the only constant on the team year to year? Maybe pick a different team if you know they will just fail, it seems to make you miserable and you seem to like to share that misery. Perhaps UConn and Danny Hurley is the apple of your eye. I’m sure they need more fans!

Na , dylans buddy Ballin would never pick another team, so don’t get your hopes up. Your 100 % right these other teas that are better he should go – -but like you said he just has a miserable life so he wants to share lol. - Eve heard that saying Misery loves company ? -Well Ballin is the founding father of misery - - just ooze it – sleeps it-- he is like a Bad Dream - he never goes away lol…

Finding out he likes to throw out pointless , meaningless statements that have no value just to get you riled up -let him go Dylans , let him rant , you know , I know he rants to hear himself rant. -No matter what team he roots for-- -he still a miserable individual.

Bottom line Dylan - -Ballin is what w call your CLASSIC TROLL

• @Jhawk69 No, his scheme is throw it inside and let a big go 1 on 1 because of proximity to the hoop and “higher percentage shot”.

It’s the same reason on the Elite 8 Oregon loss team that on Landen Lucas’ podcast he mentioned that even though LL was like the 5th scoring option they’d throw it into him to start the game or when they needed to try and get a bucket. That unfortunately doesn’t work when the guy guarding LL is twice as athletic.

Bill is incredible at scheming up blob plays (literally 1 of 1 here). He is a hof that is of no doubt and the epitome of consistency. He’s a high floor low ceiling coach much like his teams churn out big 12 titles but only 2 ncaa titles.

Bill would rather muddy up a game versus getting out and scoring. It’s why we are the comeback kings because we get down and come roaring back cause we have no choice but to get out and fastbreak.

It’s his philosophy on the game that needs a tweak. Not a complete overhaul dudes a stud clearly and his philosophy has worked just fine but if he looks in the mirror and analyzes what he needs to adjust he’d take us to the #nextlevel

• We lost that game cause Josh J got 3 fouls the first half, killed us!

• @kuballin10 Criticizing Self for playing through the post too much is one thing, but I already explained that claiming Self to be a high floor low ceiling coach makes no sense.

• @Crimsonorblue22 Maybe Josh Jackson was one of Selfs’ “pets” whom he randomly decides to love despite being terrible players 🤣

• @kjayhawks Juando dunked more than Jwill

• @Jhawk69 That is literally proven true though I have no clue how in your mind you’ve disproved it. We have great records and fall flat in the tourney due to offense and everyone knows Self’s “stuff” he’s gonna run. Easy to scout and he has tendency’s that he’s blatant about.

We play inside out

We guard inside out

Loss to vcu……12/25 from three and we were 2/21

Loss to wsu with traylor playing 17 minutes….10/20 from three and us 6/21. If you remember we played two bigs a ton

Loss to Oregon……11/25 and us 5/25……

• @Crimsonorblue22 Don’t disagree with this but just because Josh got 3 fouls we didn’t have some other good player that could fill the void while 4 other guys from what a 33-5 team couldn’t manage to keep it within 12???

Guys could have stepped up but when u got LL get abused down low and then you lose Josh with 3 fouls (he still played 30 minutes….) that’s what u get

Model of consistency yet struggle and labor to score in the tourney. Can defend all you want but guys at the d1 level knock down shots with hands in their face all the time?

Reminder……Google my second half highlights from the natty in 2022….bucket after bucket with “good defense” being played. Hand in my face what else can u do besides foul me?

@Texas-Hawk-10 still thinks D win’s titles. He’s an Eddie Sutton disciple as well

• @kuballin10 said in Transfer Rumblings:

@Crimsonorblue22 Don’t disagree with this but just because Josh got 3 fouls we didn’t have some other good player that could fill the void while 4 other guys from what a 33-5 team couldn’t manage to keep it within 12???

Guys could have stepped up but when u got LL get abused down low and then you lose Josh with 3 fouls (he still played 30 minutes….) that’s what u get

Model of consistency yet struggle and labor to score in the tourney. Can defend all you want but guys at the d1 level knock down shots with hands in their face all the time?

Reminder……Google my second half highlights from the natty in 2022….bucket after bucket with “good defense” being played. Hand in my face what else can u do besides foul me?

@Texas-Hawk-10 still thinks D win’s titles. He’s an Eddie Sutton disciple as well

Yes, I still think it because it’s still true, but you don’t realize that because of how far up Dan Hurley’s ass your head is.

• I’ll also say it one more for you. KU’s defense next season will be the worst of the Bill Self era because none of the incoming transfers know what that word even means. If KU reaches the Sweet 16, you’re going to try and throw that in my face like I give a shit if KU loses in the round of 32 or Sweet 16 if they don’t win a title or reach the Final Four.

• @kuballin10 I had great coaches and learned from good ones, always believe in D!

• We don’t play great D starting 2nd half, we lose. Your remy couldn’t save us.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 https://kenpom.com/index.php?s=RankAdjOE

Click on adjusted O for the champs the last 10 years

Then do adjusted D and get back to me on what wins

• @Texas-Hawk-10 You don’t think a hof coach can reach defense? His inside out scheme is off but he can coach guys to defend easier than making a Juan into Frank mason

• I tracked this awhile ago, the difference between offense and defense on KenPom is like 2.5 spots, something like 4 to 6.5. In terms of distribution, offense has a wider one (goes from 1 to about 40) than defense (only 1 below 20)

• @kuballin10 The funny thing is Bill Self himself has said he recruits guys who can shoot/score and worries about the defense once they get on campus. Not sure what your argument is, unfortunately you can only work with the guys who show up. Recruiting isn’t like shopping, it’s a two way street, Bill doesn’t just point and get what he wants.

• This post is deleted!

• @dylans I can’t find where he said that can you? It’s the smart thing any coach or player knows as it’s easier to teach defense than take a guy who can’t score and magically making him a scorer.

This doesn’t coincide with who Self recruits as we typically lack shooters and “labor” to score but muddy it up and play defense. That’s been Kansas for years….

• @kuballin10 The year we lost to WSU we just weren’t any good.

I don’t think you understand what low ceiling high floor means. It has nothing to do with shooting very poorly in losses. If anything, a team that loses because it shoots poorly from 3 is actially high ceiling low floor. But anyways, you want to check a teams record against top 5 or top 10 teams to determine whether it has a high ceiling or not.

• @BShark a small dream is now dead?

• @approxinfinity 🤫

We need to get out of today, with no transfers out.

• @kuballin10 It was a direct quote that I’m paraphrasing from very early in his Kansas tenure. Not going to do the research, I’d guess it was a KC Star or LJW article.

• Kaden Cooper please….

• Anything new happening?

• @approxinfinity said in Transfer Rumblings:

Anything new happening?

Not really. Small to WVU expected.

KU looking at Jaxson Robinson and Jordan Ivy-Curry.

• Is the assumption that the Florida guy will clear academically? Or not? 😞

• @FarmerJayhawk

I’ll list the ncaa winner, offensive ranking then defensive all from kenpom starting in 2015……offense wins titles. If you can score efficiently and rebound it puts that much more pressure on the other team to hit shots and keep up.

Duke - 3 - 11

Nova - 3 - 5

Unc - 9 -11

Nova - 1 - 11

UVA - 2 - 5

Baylor - 2 - 22

KU - 6 - 17

Uconn - 3 - 7

Uconn - 1 - 4

• So no departures this season

• @kuballin10 thanks for listing the data I already collected and gave summary stats for!

• @rcjhdraft - I believe it would take a day or so to report it if someone entered at the last moment.

• @Gorilla72 either way going from seemingly the entire roster transferring last year to zero turnover this year would be nice

• @FarmerJayhawk

Always nice to have yo stuff validated 😂

• It’s been a few days since I’ve been here and I can not — I mean really… CAN NOT —believe that there was a thread defending Josh Selby and suggesting he was an asset to the team. That’s some amazing revisionist history

• @bskeet said in Transfer Rumblings:

It’s been a few days since I’ve been here and I can not — I mean really… CAN NOT —believe that there was a thread defending Josh Selby and suggesting he was an asset to the team. That’s some amazing revisionist history

USC game, baby! I was there, and he won us that one.

Gotta count for something, right? 🙂

• @bskeet said in Transfer Rumblings:

It’s been a few days since I’ve been here and I can not — I mean really… CAN NOT —believe that there was a thread defending Josh Selby and suggesting he was an asset to the team. That’s some amazing revisionist history

It’s almost as if he who shall not be named was reincarnated.

Recruiting Josh Selby was one of the biggest recruiting mistakes Bill Self made. He basically got Bruce Pearl fired at Tennessee, missed the first 1/3 of the season due to suspension, then got hurt pretty quickly once he was eligible amd was hellbent on being a OAD no matter what. He was a headcase and KU achieved what they did in spite of Selby, not because of him.

• @rockchalkjayhawk LOL… that’s true… It was a December game (mostly downhill from there), and that probably set expectations too high for a freshmen. (along with the fact that he was the #1 overall recruit that year).

That said, I saw Jacque Vaughn as a freshmen do something similar against Indiana and he did not seem to have the drop in production that Selby had. (I’ve never looked at the stats).

• Jordan Ivy-Curry zoom call tomorrow. Perhaps a visit next week.

• @DanR Jwill didn’t dunk a lot but have no memory of Juan dunk at all

• @kjayhawks Juan’s dunked on a break before. He’s got some crazy long arms that help and why he can randomly tip a few passes for steals on D. He excels defensively when he’s playing help D. One on one he can’t guard his man real well but every once in a while those pesky long arms get u a steal when we need it most.

All hail d2……(d2 after he wins his second title will stand for his two championships).

If we get Kugel or another guard or Jaxson I’m fully on board we will win it all. Top 3 offense and right around 18-21 defensive efficiency will get it done.

@Texas-Hawk-10 will cringe after all the ish he’s talked about these guys defensively being awful but then hedges his bets that even though this years team will suck more than last year they will magically go further in the tourney and potentially win the big 12 but still in his mind somehow be worse.

• @kuballin10 said in Transfer Rumblings:

@kjayhawks Juan’s dunked on a break before. He’s got some crazy long arms that help and why he can randomly tip a few passes for steals on D. He excels defensively when he’s playing help D. One on one he can’t guard his man real well but every once in a while those pesky long arms get u a steal when we need it most.

All hail d2……(d2 after he wins his second title will stand for his two championships).

If we get Kugel or another guard or Jaxson I’m fully on board we will win it all. Top 3 offense and right around 18-21 defensive efficiency will get it done.

@Texas-Hawk-10 will cringe after all the ish he’s talked about these guys defensively being awful but then hedges his bets that even though this years team will suck more than last year they will magically go further in the tourney and potentially win the big 12 but still in his mind somehow be worse.

Show me where I said next year’s team will suck more than last year? I said next year’s team will be the worst defensive team of Bill Self era. You’re the one that’s obsessed with trying to make some stupid ass bet about KU losing in the Sweet 16 instead of the round of 32. Now read carefully because reading comprehension clearly isn’t a strength of yours because my response to you trying to make that dumb ass bet was I DON’T GIVE A SHIT IF KU LOSES IN THE SWEET 16 OR ROUND OF 32 IF THEY AREN’T MAKING THE FINAL FOUR OR WINNING A TITLE because the defense next season won’t be good enough.

This is where it really gets fun with you contradicting yourself. You keep saying Bill Self can teach these guys defense while at the same time saying Dejuan and KJ suck at defending despite being at KU under Self for 5 and 3 years respectively. Also, how did Remy’s defense improve? Was it enough for Self to trust Remy on UNC’s final possession when KU had to get a stop? It wasn’t, you say! I’m shocked that guy who never put any effort into defending stayed bad enough at defending that Bill Self trusted a true freshman who played less than 5 minutes per game more on that possession than he did Remy.

• alt text

• @BShark said in Transfer Rumblings:

Jordan Ivy-Curry zoom call tomorrow. Perhaps a visit next week.

I like him. Had big games (and I understand volume was there) but he can score.

• @BeddieKU23 About as good a player as you could hope to find for the role we are offering. Partially because he’s a bit of a head case. Not a guy you’d want to truly rely on but good enough to steal some games as a depth piece.

• @BShark

Yeah sounds like he’s had issues on bad teams and had a few outlier huge games against good teams (FAU, Memphis) but agree he’s a microwave kind of shooter you want off the bench.

• @BeddieKU23 Not always starting for bad teams is telling but as long as Kugel gets here we are talking about the 9th guy. Insane depth in the portal era.

• @BShark Our ninth guy last year was Wilder Evers lol

• @Texas-Hawk-10 Reading comprehension got it.

Let’s try this:

KJ is a good defender - bad rebounder

Juan is a bad 1 on 1 defender - great team defender always aware of see ball - see man and in position but his athletic traits besides his long arms hinder him

The reason Kj plays is his athleticism which translates on both ends which I believe Bill will pull out of Storr ect

This team will have a final 4 shot. They will not finish 6th in the big 12 and get bounced in the round of 32 cause they can score and use their athleticism to defend.

How you think they will be worse is beyond me……

• The locked on Jayhawk podcast did a deep dive on most of the newcomers. Almost all were rated by advanced stats as below average to straight up BAD defenders. Will be an interesting season, to be sure. At least with depth there can be some real fodder for a board like this as far as who plays, where they should play, etc. Felt like this year it was just hope guys play better eventually.

• @BShark

Noah Shelby visiting next week