Bulletin Board Material

• https://twitter.com/bturner23/status/1585471815169835014?s=20&t=nieiVw33QyQmrgdAOxIgdw

Bill Self has been winning the league with lesser teams since Greg Waddell was in diapies.

• Please underestimate this team. That was the fuel for last years run.

• @Kcmatt7 said in Bulletin Board Material:

https://twitter.com/bturner23/status/1585471815169835014?s=20&t=nieiVw33QyQmrgdAOxIgdw

Bill Self has been winning the league with lesser teams since Greg Waddell was in diapies.

I saw this and laughed. Some of the stuff here has to be inside jokes or something. There was a KSU guy in bturn’s mentions saying KU won’t finish top 5 or some crap and it would be a long year. Very unbiased take I’m sure.

The amusing thing about all this is you could definitely make an argument for KU being generally overrated (top 5 is a bit high imo) and that there are three potentially better rosters in the league (TCU, Baylor, Texas) but I still wouldn’t want to bet against Bill Self.

• @BShark Perfectly said.

You just don’t bet against Bill Self.

• @Kcmatt7 I think he deserves coach of the year if he wins the league. Conference at a minimum but possibly nationally as well.

• @BShark He should win coach of the year every year in conference. Except maybe the year Baylor won the natty. And whatever year we lost the streak.

• @benshawks08 Honestly yes but it never works that way.

• Let’s be honest. Big 12 COY is the “Ope you came closer than we thought to Billy Eugene Self” award

• @FarmerJayhawk said in Bulletin Board Material:

Let’s be honest. Big 12 COY is the “Ope you came closer than we thought to Billy Eugene Self” award

I have long said they should rename the award to something along these lines.

• More bulletin board material. One of the Athletic’s writers created a list of the 10 most anticipated college basketball games this upcoming season and not one single KU game was on that list despite preseason #5 Kansas having match ups with 6 other preseason top 15 teams and potentially a 7th depending on how things go in the Bahamas. #4 Kentucky, #5 Baylor, #7 Duke, #12 Texas, #13 Indiana, and #14 TCU are all preseason top 15 teams in which KU has 9 games scheduled and potentially a 10th game if they play #11 Tennessee in the championship of Atlantis. Plus there’s also a potential game against Dayton which have classics the last two times they’ve met.

• Texas Hawk

I like it, more chip on the shoulders.

• Welcome to my universe! hahahaheheheeee

8HY34.jpg

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in Bulletin Board Material:

More bulletin board material. One of the Athletic’s writers created a list of the 10 most anticipated college basketball games this upcoming season and not one single KU game was on that list despite preseason #5 Kansas having match ups with 6 other preseason top 15 teams and potentially a 7th depending on how things go in the Bahamas. #4 Kentucky, #5 Baylor, #7 Duke, #12 Texas, #13 Indiana, and #14 TCU are all preseason top 15 teams in which KU has 9 games scheduled and potentially a 10th game if they play #11 Tennessee in the championship of Atlantis. Plus there’s also a potential game against Dayton which have classics the last two times they’ve met.

Thats just insane. For them not to think KU/Duke isn’t intriguing or anticipated KU/UK always eagerly anticipated - or as far as that goes even KU/Baylor - or possibly KU/Indiana - - those all could be classic games.- - Makes you wonder which side of the stupid bed they rolled out of when they wrote this. - -KU , UKv, Duke - your most bluest of blue bloods - -Mercy

• Found some intresting things # 1 – Bill Self was or stated and this really surprised me but Coach Self saying that Kyle Cuffe was probably the most Athletic player on KU’S Roster - -Actually probably just me but I would of thought maybe MJ Rice might be.

Then Cam Martin saying how he got hurt was trying to block a Ernest Udeh shot probably ramming the ball through more like it – tried blocking with both hands and fell on his shoulder. - -He said he thought he had dislocated it - -Dr said it was separated shoulder. -Said they are trying to shoot for a return date by the time of their 1st Confreence game Against Okie State

• @jayballer67

Cuffe is an insane athlete at his size. Vertical has to be in the mid 40’s. I really liked him but his growth was completely shutdown by covid and reclassifying down to join KU early. I was always hoping if he stuck around that year 3 would be where we knew if he was something. Hopefully we can see him in some games this yr to see whether there is something to keep some optimism in or not

• @BeddieKU23 said in Bulletin Board Material:

@jayballer67

Cuffe is an insane athlete at his size. Vertical has to be in the mid 40’s. I really liked him but his growth was completely shutdown by covid and reclassifying down to join KU early. I was always hoping if he stuck around that year 3 would be where we knew if he was something. Hopefully we can see him in some games this yr to see whether there is something to keep some optimistism in or not

Me too my friend. I’m just afraid he is just getting caught up in numbers- -He is one I’m afraid that will hit the portal - -kinda what I thought when I saw his workout video/training - -kid is a stud just one of those cases dang it. - -Maybe we can see him get a fe minutes but wouldn’t count on a lot

• @jayballer67

He could have transferred after last season so him sticking around is good to see. Word is he might not have the skill level to stick here which is why if he did improve during the redshirt and this yr that perhaps next year would be interesting. Not expecting anything but certainly remain hopeful since his athleticism and defense really popped when he was a HS Soph