Future Big 12 Schedules

• Rothstein source saying…

With the league going to 14 teams next season KU will play K-St twice in league play. Will mark the end of each team playing each other twice. Very interesting

• The others…

Oklahoma / Oklahoma St

Texas/ Tech

Baylor / Tcu

Cincinnati / West Virginia

Houston / UCF

Iowa St / BYU

• @BeddieKU23 said in Future Big 12 Schedules:

Very interesting

Agreed.

The others…

Oklahoma / Oklahoma St

Texas/ Tech

Baylor / Tcu

Cincinnati / West Virginia

Houston / UCF

Iowa St / BYU

I don’t want to see them playing K/State twice in the Season. - - -So with the 14 team league – that means no non con starting next year? -Or is there a couple of teams we won’t even play during the season ? - - that would suck too.

• @jayballer67

18 games still. Basically for 2 years the only guaranteed home/away series would be with K-St and likely a rotation of 4 other teams. I could see Iowa St, Baylor & Texas for example being some teams KU would also play home/away. Just won’t be every team anymore with the expansion past 10

• Since I follow the BIG too I hate this. I’d seriously rather see the league say screw it, we’re still playing home and home. 26 game reg schedule. Still leaves time for a couple of tuneups and a travel to exotic places tourney. Ditch the conference tourney. Fans will love paying for a fuller slate of competitive home games than paying for games against Southern Hawaii Institute of Technology and other similar schools. Seriously it’s a slap in the face of people to tell them they have to buy tickets to a game against some team we’re going to beat by 40 and have 3 or 4 games a year on the schedule like that.

• UCF is a gimme, but that’s it. The rest of the teams have been successful at basketball- Houston is Top 5 this year.

@jayballer67

18 games still. Basically for 2 years the only guaranteed home/away series would be with K-St and likely a rotation of 4 other teams. I could see Iowa St, Baylor & Texas for example being some teams KU would also play home/away. Just won’t be every team anymore with the expansion past 10

@BeddieKU23 said in Future Big 12 Schedules:

@jayballer67

oh sorry , maybe I guess misunderstood. - are we talking Basketball ? - I thought football

• The death of conference home-and-home… killing revenge games. Reducing the source to build rivalries. It sucks.

We might as well have just one D1 conference in the entire country and have a schedule lottery every year to pick our games.

This is what happens when you turn D1 over to TV marketing wonks.

Teams and fans reduced to ZERO input. The almighty dollar rules all.

• @drgnslayr said in Future Big 12 Schedules:

The death of conference home-and-home… killing revenge games. Reducing the source to build rivalries. It sucks.

We might as well have just one D1 conference in the entire country and have a schedule lottery every year to pick our games.

We didn’t play home and home when the league had 12. We’d play 5 teams home and home and the other 6 were split 3 home and 3 away.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 Well, when the Big 12 had 12 teams that shouldn’t count…not like now when we have 10.

Temporarily, of course. Soon we could have 8, 10 14, or 12 depending on negotiations, yes?

• @Texas-Hawk-10

Thanks for reminding me. I didn’t like that either.

• I assume they’ll go back to not playing every team in football too. That 2007 team was great but did dodge OU, Texas, and Texas tech (I think) when those teams were pretty solid.

• @benshawks08 said in Future Big 12 Schedules:

I assume they’ll go back to not playing every team in football too. That 2007 team was great but did dodge OU, Texas, and Texas tech (I think) when those teams were pretty solid.

KU likely would’ve beaten Texas who went 5-3 in league play and Texas Tech who went 4-4 in league play that year. OU was the only team in the south that would’ve likely beaten Kansas.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 Every Mizzou victim, I mean alum, I run into still complains about how KU not getting into the B12 champ game left us with a better record and getting the Orange Bowl.

The death of conference home-and-home… killing revenge games. Reducing the source to build rivalries. It sucks.

We’ve played the toughest schedule in the country for many years. The main reason is we play in the best conference in the country as well as having a tough non-con schedule every year. Over the past 10 years, we have played the most ranked teams in the country. I have seen years in the past where our schedule has worn our team down to the point we were limping into the big dance. I welcome playing a more reasonable schedule. We’re still going to have home and home with certain members of the conference every year, and we’ll still see teams in the conference tourney as well. I welcome this change. I think it adds several wins to our record, and puts us on a more even playing field with the Dooks and Tuckys of the world, who have playing a staggered conference schedule for years.

• @wissox Southern Hawaii Institute of Technology? Interesting…

• @Jethro

I hear what you are saying and agree we often play a schedule that is too tough.

I’m complaining here when I don’t have a fix for scheduling because of the growth of our conference. Maybe we need a few more teams then split it out in divisions.

I just know that nothing beats home-and-home for the fans! It totally stokes competition between all teams because after teams face a humiliating loss to a team, they want revenge.

I know when we lose to someone in our conference and we don’t get a second shot at them fans complain. I’m one of those fans!

I think we should kill the conference tourney and play more home-and-homes! We should look back over the past decade or so and see how many teams won our conference tourney (and won an automatic NCAA tournament spot) but wouldn’t have made the tourney without being conference tourney champs.

@Jethro

I hear what you are saying and agree we often play a schedule that is too tough.

I’m complaining here when I don’t have a fix for scheduling because of the growth of our conference. Maybe we need a few more teams then split it out in divisions.

I just know that nothing beats home-and-home for the fans! It totally stokes competition between all teams because after teams face a humiliating loss to a team, they want revenge.

I know when we lose to someone in our conference and we don’t get a second shot at them fans complain. I’m one of those fans!

I think we should kill the conference tourney and play more home-and-homes! We should look back over the past decade or so and see how many teams won our conference tourney (and won an automatic NCAA tournament spot) but wouldn’t have made the tourney without being conference tourney champs.

I respect that viewpoint. But if I’m not mistaken, we’ll have 5, maybe 6 home and home conference games wrapped in that new schedule. I would assume we would see Baylor, Tech, Silo, UT ( until they cut and run), and maybe Houston or someone else home and home. That would seem like a very good schedule, imo.

• @benshawks08 Wow, that’s amazing. We’re way ahead of the rest.

• Has anyone seen where the Pitt St exhibition game is being broadcast? I miss those years when our games were televised on the same cable channel, but the new reality is we have to search for each broadcast. Little help please.

• @stoptheflop ESPN +.

• @Jethro said in Future Big 12 Schedules:

@stoptheflop ESPN +.

Thanks Jethro. I still have ESPN+ but didn’t need use it much since KU football has been so successful. I can’t wait to see this year’s team.