South Dakota

• Yes!

• W!

• And our 22 month nightmare is over.

• It was ugly as sin, but a win is a win.

• I hate we storm the field

• And we’re storming the field for beating South Dakota. I’ll be happy when our fans don’t storm the field just for winning.

• Had 'em all the way…

• @nwhawkfan said in South Dakota:

Had 'em all the way…

lol

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in South Dakota:

And we’re storming the field for beating South Dakota. I’ll be happy when our fans don’t storm the field just for winning.

when it’s been 677 days ya that’s gonna happen for now. I agree hopefully we can start winning some and that will stop. - - LONG WAYS to go

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in South Dakota:

It was ugly as sin, but a win is a win.

Looks like Arnold may become a decent receiver in time - -big for us tonight. - -Long ways to go - But it’s a win. Didn’t get to say that at all last year

• Is this where we make a stop the count joke since KU is the only Big 12 team that has played a game?

• Time for a victory nightcap. Nite all. RCJH !

• number one in the big 12

• Did they ever show the whole crowd or give a number?

• You guys get post game on espn+?

• 1-0 MOFOS

• I’m excited we have a coach that doesn’t need a guide dog.

• Well at least we found our QB. I hope that is something the offense may build upon. RC

• What grade are we giving Scott Fuchs and the offensive line? Call me impatient, but I was going to suggest his immediate firing during halftime. We seem to be the only program that can’t field a decent offensive line. During one play in the second half, two defensive players were 20 yards behind our line of scrimmage chasing QB Bean.

• @stoptheflop said in South Dakota:

What grade are we giving Scott Fuchs and the offensive line? Call me impatient, but I was going to suggest his immediate firing during halftime. We seem to be the only program that can’t field a decent offensive line. During one play in the second half, two defensive players were 20 yards behind our line of scrimmage chasing QB Bean.

He’s the third OLine coach this group has had in a few months. This coaching staff also did not have a spring practice to install their system because they were hired after spring practice concluded, including Fuchs. The offense will be a mess and pretty basic this year because of that lack of install time.

Leipold is a good coach and will make KU better. That will not happen overnight and he didn’t even make Buffalo competitive in the MAC until year 3. Leipold doesn’t run the same system Dearmon did last year so it will take time for Leipold to recruit players to fit his system.

Patience is an absolute must because KU finally had a coach who knows to build and sustain winning programs.

• A win is always nice but I think W/L is a relatively meaningless metric to look at this season.

I’d like to see steady improvement, good decision making and a willingness to compete in all facets. And I’d like to see evidence of the cultural shift that we’re all hoping for by talking the talk and walking the walk.

We may not yet have the talent and “Leipold’s guys” in place but I am high on this coaching staff and their attention to detail and I do think Leipold and Co. is the right staff at the right time for our program. I see only good things coming for KU football.

• @tis4tim said in South Dakota:

A win is always nice but I think W/L is a relatively meaningless metric to look at this season.

I’d like to see steady improvement, good decision making and a willingness to compete in all facets. And I’d like to see evidence of the cultural shift that we’re all hoping for by talking the talk and walking the walk.

We may not yet have the talent and “Leipold’s guys” in place but I am high on this coaching staff and their attention to detail and I do think Leipold and Co. is the right staff at the right time for our program. I see only good things coming for KU football.

There was one encouraging thing last night. That was Bean after we fell behind late took the ball after the kickoff and time running out was able to take the ball and came through in the clutch, placed the ball perfect for Arnold for the winning TD. In years past we would of been done after SD scored late.

At this point I really don’t care who it was , it was a WIN - what was they saying 677 days without a win. So we have already won more then we did last year- Our O-Line STILL has a ton of work to do. - -Coastal Carolina hung 52 points up on the Citadel already. Gonna be rough just want to see the kids play competitive ball.

ONE thing probably just me honestly I thought we would of seen more of Neal last night - -ONE touch, sure thought we would see more Gardner just wasn’t getting anything done, we have a bevy of Running backs try a different style of runner. - Hope this isn’t a thing of our future of the running game - -we will see - -If it weren’t for Bean we would of complette zero in the rushing game. - BUT it’s the 1st game - -it was a w SO i’LL TAKE IT

• Given the poor play by the Oline, I wonder whether KU will ditch the technique of holding the line in the huddle, then rushing to the line of scrimmage for a quick snap. Doesn’t that technique diminish our line’s ability to settle at the line before the snap? I never played on an offensive line (5’7", 150 lbs), but I’m sure it’s helpful for the Oline to study the defense before the snap.

• @stoptheflop I think they’re doing it out of necessity, to try and throw the D off. The staff knows that our o-line sucks.

• @Marco said in South Dakota:

@stoptheflop I think they’re doing it out of necessity, to try and throw the D off. The staff knows that our o-line sucks.

Possibly. I wonder, if that is a good strategy to use with a mediocre OL, should the Chiefs have tried it in the SB?

• @mayjay said in South Dakota:

@Marco said in South Dakota:

@stoptheflop I think they’re doing it out of necessity, to try and throw the D off. The staff knows that our o-line sucks.

Possibly. I wonder, if that is a good strategy to use with a mediocre OL, should the Chiefs have tried it in the SB?

I think they did try, right? 😂

• @Marco It was really hard to tell exactly what they were doing!

• From what I saw I was relatively happy with how they played. Defense looked improved. We’ll see how that looks the next game, but they did what they had to do to win.

I thought the offense didn’t try to be anything they aren’t, and that is something I really appreciate. We aren’t going air raid with some noodle arm QB. We aren’t running power I behind a small offensive line. We are basically lining up and running some spread option with a mobile QB.

Now the offense has a lot of potential improvements they can make… And the offensive line is still questionable at best… But it was a good enough start to the LL era.

• WOW - -25 point under Dogs to Coastal I realize we probably getting Beat but 25 ? I just don’t know

• @DanR 4 plays of three would have been, though.

• @jayballer67 said in South Dakota:

WOW - -25 point under Dogs to Coastal I realize we probably getting Beat but 25 ? I just don’t know

It is not going to happen, tough team, but man if we could somehow pull off the upset?

• @Marco said in South Dakota:

@jayballer67 said in South Dakota:

WOW - -25 point under Dogs to Coastal I realize we probably getting Beat but 25 ? I just don’t know

It is not going to happen, tough team, but man if we could somehow pull off the upset?

Would be awesome - -but when you consider they have 19-22 returning starters - prety slim. I just am looking for a competitive game be a change

• Remember what they did to the Jayhawk in the locker room? They embarrassed us badly and did us dirty.