Yesufu to KU (Drake PG Transfer)

• @wissox said in Yesufu to KU (Drake PG Transfer):

@Texas-Hawk-10 I wonder how many dunks Big Dave would’ve missed if he still weighed 290?

I wonder if he could have gotten off the ground!

• @approxinfinity all the outrageous comments is what keeps me coming back! LOL. I do enjoy everyone’s perspective

• @Texas-Hawk-10 First off…never once did I say a word about a deep run. So you just making up crazy crap. 2nd…if you are suggesting Bryce was our best offensive player, we were clearly watching different teams. Och, Dave, Wilson, and Garret all ahead. heck maybe Harris and early season CB too. He could wind up being a nice player, but I just don’t see 5 star skills.

• Ooh. Tough. I think Bryce could be anywhere from out of the rotation to leading scorer next season.

I think we saw plenty of ability to separate from his man. His speed a few times.

But he was wild and out of control and Inconsistent. Things that experience tend to help with.

• Bryce has got major work to do on his shot - - - flat ass ugly shot , if he wants to contribute & get major minutes he has to work on that shot be less careless with the ball and lock down D, typical freshamn most the time.

Like has been said could fall all the way from major playing time to not on the opening rotation period

• I’m not worried about Bryce shooting the ball. Remember Svi shot 28% from 3 & 30% from the floor his first year. Seriously, and he dealt with 2 injuries that literally impacted his ability to shoot the ball. Kid was a shooter/scorer in HS. Now I’m sure the staff will work with him, maybe you see a tweak or two so the form looks visually better.

We’ll see but I think the key to unlocking his shooting is a bigger role. He had his adjustment year and now I expect if he earns a starting gig or a big minute role we’ll see a much better player

• Work this off season will be so vital for so many of our guys. Competition this spring and summer is going to be crazy. I think Bryce will be much improved and that ugly ass shot will look a lot better when they start going in!

• @Oldmanhawk said in Yesufu to KU (Drake PG Transfer):

Work this off season will be so vital for so many of our guys. Competition this spring and summer is going to be crazy. I think Bryce will be much improved and that ugly ass shot will look a lot better when they start going in!

i sure hope his shot is - -cause like you say - -MAN that is one ugly looking shot. At times doesn’t look hardly like any rotation spin on the ball after release - -kind of flat really ugly looking shot

• @jayballer67 ya. And with his reputation of having such a good mid range game you would think his shot would look pure. But like they say if it goes in it all counts the same!!!

• But the guy (am I wrong?) shot fairly well from deep in HS, right?

• @BeddieKU23 the roster is going to go 13-15 deep with players who are all legit or better P5 players. a whole bunch of them are not going to play. a whole bunch of them are going to be disappointed when they figure that out. Self isnt messing around and trying to keep players happy. there will be a number of unhappy players because Self is not doing it Roy’s way. Roy would get 7-8 legit dudes then surround with role players. Self has a dozen guys who could start at most schools. so half of them are going to find out they aren’t starters at kansas. Bryce may not play much this year either. self is bringing in guards who are expecting to play. they can’t all play a lot. honestly i can see bryce transferring if he doesn’t beat the transfers out for playing time

• @bennie Good to be back to that because the bench sucked this year.

• @BShark said in Yesufu to KU (Drake PG Transfer):

@bennie Good to be back to that because the bench sucked this year.

No doubt.

• How many years (I’m being lazy, as usual) of eligibility does Yesufu have? No doubt that he is a player, I saw a Drake game and was onboard for them making the tournament. He is going to start for us.

• @Marco 3

• @bennie said in Yesufu to KU (Drake PG Transfer):

@BeddieKU23 the roster is going to go 13-15 deep with players who are all legit or better P5 players. a whole bunch of them are not going to play. a whole bunch of them are going to be disappointed when they figure that out. Self isnt messing around and trying to keep players happy. there will be a number of unhappy players because Self is not doing it Roy’s way. Roy would get 7-8 legit dudes then surround with role players. Self has a dozen guys who could start at most schools. so half of them are going to find out they aren’t starters at kansas. Bryce may not play much this year either. self is bringing in guards who are expecting to play. they can’t all play a lot. honestly i can see bryce transferring if he doesn’t beat the transfers out for playing time

For me personally I would rather have an embarrassment of riches than have the cupboard bare. It’ll be interesting to see how the pieces mesh and if Self can get them to check their egos at the door for the betterment of the team. If they buy in, next year could be special. If they can’t, don’t or won’t then perhaps it’s better they go elsewhere anyway.

• @tis4tim well obviously its better for Self to have starting talent sitting on the bench. but none of them except maybe Lightfoot considers themself a bench player. and thats what will result in some transfers once some of these recruits figure out they miscalculated their odds of getting significant playing time.

@tis4tim well obviously its better for Self to have starting talent sitting on the bench. but none of them except maybe Lightfoot considers themself a bench player. and thats what will result in some transfers once some of these recruits figure out they miscalculated their odds of getting significant playing time.

Perhaps Mitch will be Howard’s replacement?

• @FarmerJayhawk said in Yesufu to KU (Drake PG Transfer):

@bennie said in Yesufu to KU (Drake PG Transfer):

@tis4tim well obviously its better for Self to have starting talent sitting on the bench. but none of them except maybe Lightfoot considers themself a bench player. and thats what will result in some transfers once some of these recruits figure out they miscalculated their odds of getting significant playing time.

Perhaps Mitch will be Howard’s replacement?

😄

• KU missed this kind of ability to get your own shot last year. Shades of Graham.

alt text

• That was Graham in a Drake uniform.

@BeddieKU23 the roster is going to go 13-15 deep with players who are all legit or better P5 players. a whole bunch of them are not going to play. a whole bunch of them are going to be disappointed when they figure that out. Self isnt messing around and trying to keep players happy. there will be a number of unhappy players because Self is not doing it Roy’s way. Roy would get 7-8 legit dudes then surround with role players. Self has a dozen guys who could start at most schools. so half of them are going to find out they aren’t starters at kansas. Bryce may not play much this year either. self is bringing in guards who are expecting to play. they can’t all play a lot. honestly i can see bryce transferring if he doesn’t beat the transfers out for playing time

I’m going to go out on a limb here about Bryce. Self has a personal interest with Thompson having coached the dad. There’s a relationship that goes beyond the court here. I don’t see Bryce going anywhere other then the next level, in time. Even with a covid offseason he played 28 minutes in the season opener against Gonzaga. He started 4 games this year and if it wasn’t for 2 injuries that cost him 2 months of development he may well have started more and had a completely different year. He’ll earn his keep.

While I agree Self is building up a roster with depth and talent the fact he’s still recruiting guys that he wants to come in and make an impact tells me he doesn’t have 12 guys that can start anywhere. Some guys will have to develop and be patient like the freshman bigs or the Juco transfer. This team needs more, 1-2 more pieces that can play immediately.

• @BeddieKU23 Completely agree about Bryce. Bill loves him, and his work ethic is fantastic.

And yeah I would lean towards adding another guard and another big/wing, likely Bishop. One player would have to stay pro to add two more, and I would lean towards Ochai.

• I do not expect Bryce to go anywhere else without Bill’s blessing. Like he did with Grimes basically.

• Long interview.