Cheapest Way To Watch KU Basketball...

• I finally decided to stop… and I am cutting my cable at the end of this month.

A few months ago I had a test run with YouTube TV and was medium impressed.

I have Netflix and Amazon Prime…

I had discovered I was only watching cable for news and sports. News just pissed me off. And then because I was offered a cheap deal by Cox, I lost many of KU’s games. Enough!

Curious what others are doing in here. I’m certain there are others who would like to find another alternative. It wasn’t worth it for me to pay over $2000 a year to mostly watch KU basketball.

Advice?

• It’s getting to the point where cord cutting isn’t guaranteed to be cheaper anymore because of everyone having their own streaming platform. You still have to have an ISP to watch at home which isn’t that cheap, and usually more expensive per month when not bundled with another servoce. You’d need a subscription TV service and decent one is going to start at about $50 per month and up because not all include a sports package with channels like FS1, CBS Sports, or NBC Sports. Then you’d need an ESPN+ subscription to see games like the one KU was supposed to play yesterday which is either $60/year or $6/month. Depending on which subscription package you go with, an antenna to pick up local channels when KU plays on CBS, ABC, or Fox.

Ballpark, you’re probably still looking at around $150 per month specifically to watch KU and that doesn’t other streaming services like Netflix or Disney+ that could easily push a monthly bill to the $200 per month range.

Decide what all you want and price it out because it’s getting to the point where cutting cable isn’t guaranteed to be cheaper anymore depending on which subscriptions you have/want.

• I won’t be the best case scenario here. Have cable (Comcast) with 1 box but Roku has a deal with them so I can stream cable on our smart TVs. Cost is 240 a month but because my fiance likes her shows and my 4 yr old lives on Nick Jr and On Demand the value we get pays for itself… Have ESPN + as well so I never miss a game.

I have seen Hulu advertising sports package but not sure what it costs. Sling and YouTube TV also have sports and seem to fill most needs.

Agree with the above post that streaming services are finding a way to charge just as much and it will only get worse as more saturate the market. There doesn’t seem to be a cheap good internet provider out there and that seems to be the reason why it’s getting more expensive to cut the cord

• I got direct TV. - -cost me 1,872 per year BUT that bill also has my innernet included, which that part of my bill is 62.65. - -So the TV only part my direct tv is 94.23 a month. - -not bad for my direct tv AND innernet

I get just aout any sports channel there is . ESPN , ESPN 2 - - ESPN NEWS, ESPNU . FOX SPORTS ACC NETWORK , BIG 10 NETWORK, THE NFL NETWORK , THE NBA CHANNEL , THE MLB NETWORK pretty much everything , then I’ve got ESPN on my desktop. - -so I’m good to go

• @drgnslayr We’ve been using YouTubeTV for …about a year now and LOVE it. Lots of Sports channels. We do pay the extra $5 for ESPN+. We have had zero issues with YTTV.

We also get Hulu, Prime, Disney+ and Netflix, but we only pay for Prime. The others we ride our son’s coat-tails.

I’m SOO SOO SOOOOOOOO happy we told Cox to suck it. They are the worst company in the history of the universe.

• @nuleafjhawk said in Cheapest Way To Watch KU Basketball...:

I’m SOO SOO SOOOOOOOO happy we told Cox to suck it. They are the worst company in the history of the universe.

Comcast would like to have a word …

• @nuleafjhawk I still have cox, still listed as coxsu----- in my phone.

• @Crimsonorblue22 Hon, do yourself a ginormous favor and go with YouTube (or almost anyone else). I was paying $248 month for Cox. NO HBO, Showtime, Cinemax - nothin. Just TV & Internet. $50 for YT (may have gone to $60 now - my wife pays the bills. lol)

I actually am still using them for Internet (begrudgingly). Not tons of choices in Salina for internet that I’m aware of.

• You can stream anything for free if you look hard enough. Just saying…

• Yeah Sportsurge.net has most games for free. Really any sporting game

• @BeddieKU23 and the picture quality is typically pretty good. Maybe every now and then the connection isn’t great but you get what you pay for

• @Kcmatt7

Worth it for sure

• @nuleafjhawk said in Cheapest Way To Watch KU Basketball...:

@drgnslayr We’ve been using YouTubeTV for …about a year now and LOVE it. Lots of Sports channels. We do pay the extra $5 for ESPN+. We have had zero issues with YTTV.

We also get Hulu, Prime, Disney+ and Netflix, but we only pay for Prime. The others we ride our son’s coat-tails.

Cox sucks for sure

• I split YouTubeTV with my in-laws (who live in town and only use one of the three available devices…leaving two for us) and pay for ESPN+. Works out to be about $470/yr so just south of $40/month. That works for now