2022 Crootin

• Officially done with College Football. As a FSU fan, I’m hanging it up. Hows KU recruiting going?

• @BeddieKU23 Jackson State over Florida State?

• @rockchalkwyo

Apparently. Deion is dead to me

• @FarmerJayhawk Do we know why Vasko is rated so low/doesn’t have any other big-time offers? Has the height and numbers. Seems like he has enough arm to play P5 football just watching a few highlights.

• @Kcmatt7 said in 2022 Crootin:

@FarmerJayhawk Do we know why Vasko is rated so low/doesn’t have any other big-time offers? Has the height and numbers. Seems like he has enough arm to play P5 football just watching a few highlights.

Just praying he is a steal but I don’t get it either.

• I’m hoping for a Josh Allan (Wyoming) or Carson Strong (Nevada) kinda steal. Both, I believe only had 1 D1 offer.

• @rockchalkwyo said in 2022 Crootin:

I’m hoping for a Josh Allan (Wyoming) or Carson Strong (Nevada) kinda steal. Both, I believe only had 1 D1 offer.

Or even Todd Reesing (though this Vasko kid has better measurables I think).

@FarmerJayhawk Do we know why Vasko is rated so low/doesn’t have any other big-time offers? Has the height and numbers. Seems like he has enough arm to play P5 football just watching a few highlights.

love the way he can throw on the run. I think he has pretty decent size what 6’3 ?. Was kind of surprised Hawley left us and entered the Portal. Between the two I thought it would be Easters that left.

So Kendricks and Hawley leaves - -Easters stays for now. I have no problem with Kendricks. He did the best he could for us when others hurt hope nothing but the best for him.- -I’m excited from what I’ve seen with Vasko

@BeddieKU23 Jackson State over Florida State?

The dude is a corner so a corner wanting to play for and learn from arguably the greatest corner of all time shouldn’t be the most shocking flip ever.

He was committed to ODU forever. Virginia also had a bunch of covid restrictions for high school sports so I think it was a matter of people just not getting to see him and being committed to a G5

• Third QB in the portal: Miles Fallin. I have a feeling he and Kendrick are just retiring, but since they’re in the portal technically we get extra initial counters.

• Think Coach L and staff has done a good job finding guys to come , we have gotten some pretty dam good transfers Gervin ( Michigan State ) - - - Morrison ( Nebraska ) - - - Gorczyca ( Buffalo ) - -Young ( Ohio St ) - -Gilyard ( Central Florida ) - -these guys are guys that can help instantly giving depth - -our secondary could be pretty salty. - Still hearing lots of rumblings that Prunty is coming back quite possibly

Picked up a pretty decent QB I think Vasko. Read in the article where it said the reason he might not of had a lot of other offers was because they had a lot of covid restrictions - -all in all think we gonna be fine. Love how he is starting to make connections with more Kansas kids true they might not be big time but were getting in the door something previous staff refused to do burnt a lot of bridges but PWO’S for Kael Frakes from Lenexa & Grant Glasgow out of Lawrence.

Think we also got a sweet pick up in Kaleb Purdy - had offers from Iowa St - - K/State - - Michigan - - & Missouri to name some - -still got othes possible come Feb so I’m jacked lol

• I would be FLOORED at this point if Prunty came back. Like head sewn to the carpet surprised.

All in all, I’m ok with what we got. It’s going to be a looooong 6 weeks making sure they all show up.

• I don’t know guys maybe I need to take my Crimson & blue shades off. Yet my takes and maybe just my take but I am so imprssed with Coach - - -everything about him. The way he addresses himself & the way he handles things. Man I hope he sticks awhile.

I was listening to some snipits of one of his conferences from today and he was trying to break things down for the everyday clown like myself so I can understand even on my level lol.

He was talking about when he got here about how unbalanced we were at certain positions depth wise , saying it wasn’t that the kids didn’t have the talent but just way off center in some positions depth wise how they are trying to get that straightened out He was talking about how he thought that we ar actually in a position where we could be at our 85 max Scoli limit even yet in 2022 , with additional commits in Feb , and how the deck had been so stack against us pointing out as an example with the K/State game, taling about starts. - -How many starts our boys had compared to their kids starts. - talking about we were at about half MAYBE 60 %.

He was talking about how the portal has changed the whole recruitng - the way you approach , whole different landscape as he was ask if he thought we would be bringing in any more High School kids this cycle he said posibly maybe a few but with the portal and guys that can bring exprience to spots that need taken care of for depth changes things.

I don’t know I just think the guy oooze class , like a 1st class guy/act. - I think and have said before we have our Coach to get this done. I think we start getting some more W’s and being competitive then in a few years we can possibly get the funds to upgrade this rellick of a stadium make it a little more attractive to some recruits our stadium needs to be upgraded in the worst of way - -I’ll tell you one thing , the interest from fans is for sure on the up tick for a change - -people really showing some interest some hope some light at the end of the tunnel. - -Gonna be interesting to see how fans turn out next season , we competitive I think you’ll see fans coming back and getting some Jayhawk butts back in the seats - -Let’s do this - -I’m stoked can you tell lol. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer67 I love him too. Not a lot of fluff, just a straightforward, no BS midwesterner. I could see a couple more HS kids if things fall right, but yeah they’ll mostly be transfers from here on out. We’ll keep recruiting until summer.

• Thank our new AD!

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in 2022 Crootin:

@rockchalkwyo said in 2022 Crootin:

@BeddieKU23 Jackson State over Florida State?

The dude is a corner so a corner wanting to play for and learn from arguably the greatest corner of all time shouldn’t be the most shocking flip ever.

I’ll give you a pass for having no idea about this recruitment and why it was so crippling, Regardless of the position he’ll play in College/Pro. BTW he would have been the #1 ranked WR as well if that was the position everyone thought would be his focus at the next two levels.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in 2022 Crootin:

@jayballer67 I love him too. Not a lot of fluff, just a straightforward, no BS midwesterner. I could see a couple more HS kids if things fall right, but yeah they’ll mostly be transfers from here on out. We’ll keep recruiting until summer.

Agree and it sure is nice to have that type of Coach you speak of Farmer -no BS straight from the hip and you can tell how he feels about his kids. - -Love the lil clip I seen of him and a player after a game and the Kid telling him - - I love you Coach - -special, THAT’S the type of relationships you love to see between players and Coach. A Coach that players want to bust their ass for and not let the Coach down - - love it

• Amauri Pesek-Hickson put his name in the transfer portal today.

• Karon Prunty to NC A&T

Karon Prunty to NC A&T

Would of been sweet to have him back. BUT in a way in the long run I think maybe were bette off without him. Just seems like might have just been a added distraction. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Interesting offer here. 4 years to play 3, former 4* RB out of Topeka. https://twitter.com/ky_thomas/status/1478102111623778304?s=21

Interesting offer here. 4 years to play 3, former 4* RB out of Topeka. https://twitter.com/ky_thomas/status/1478102111623778304?s=21

Interesting , I know either we were interested in him in the initial or he was in us - -or possibly both. - -Solid player, I would go ahead fit him in if could be worked out. - -Didn’t realize he was in the portal

• @FarmerJayhawk Heard the CATS were tamperin

• @BShark Fleck apparently filed some sort of complaint. Won’t come to anything but it’s clear they did. But that’s the game these days

• I think Thomas is visiting next weekend

I think Thomas is visiting next weekend

😎

• Farmer , what ya think. I read some posts from TOS and individual had said yes Ty was visiting next weekend I believe with other key recruits for the WV basketball game ?

What you think farmer ? - I wouldn’t mind him being here, something about wanting to be in School for spring. Kstate people seem to think if they offer he is theirs for the taking.

Just curious with us having Devin , then getting Morrison howyou think he fits or would he. Appreciate you input guy

• @jayballer67 I’m not over the moon about burning a counter on a RB unless there’s another departure. Or if Locklin can’t go in the fall. Kotelnicki loves using multiple backs so I think Thomas would get a lot of run. Morrison might be the third down back/special teams type.

If he’s going to KSU he’d better hustle. They start classes the 18th.

@jayballer67 I’m not over the moon about burning a counter on a RB unless there’s another departure. Or if Locklin can’t go in the fall. Kotelnicki loves using multiple backs so I think Thomas would get a lot of run. Morrison might be the third down back/special teams type.

If he’s going to KSU he’d better hustle. They start classes the 18th.

wll I just heard off the local sports radio broadcast here in Topeka talking to K state beat writer - -Fitz Gerald they hadn’t offered yet but felt they were really interested , I think w get him on Campus I know he is interested. jst me but I’d like to have him for some depth.- – But not sure about how he feels Think he wants a lot of touchs

• Lonnie Phelps, DE from Miami (OH) visiting next week too. Staff LOVES him.

• Ky will be in the house tonight. Also Phelps moved up his visit to tomorrow. Visiting Va Tech this weekend now. Boo.

Ky will be in the house tonight. Also Phelps moved up his visit to tomorrow. Visiting Va Tech this weekend now. Boo.

I thought KY was this weekend, but anyways good we got him in. - -Stil think though if K/state offers probably going to be hard to get him to come, think they was in on him pretty good before wasn’t they ?

Also transfers - - Morrison - -Kalon Gervin - -& Nolan Gorczyca all on campus so probably be at the game tonight also

• @jayballer67 said in 2022 Crootin:

@FarmerJayhawk said in 2022 Crootin:

Ky will be in the house tonight. Also Phelps moved up his visit to tomorrow. Visiting Va Tech this weekend now. Boo.

I thought KY was this weekend, but anyways good we got him in. - -Stil think though if K/state offers probably going to be hard to get him to come, think they was in on him pretty good before wasn’t they ?

Also transfers - - Morrison - -Kalon Gervin - -& Nolan Gorczyca all on campus so probably be at the game tonight also

Unofficial tonight, official this weekend. Good to get everyone in. On KSU, I think enough time has passed where that looks pretty unlikely

@jayballer67 said in 2022 Crootin:

Unofficial tonight, official this weekend. Good to get everyone in. On KSU, I think enough time has passed where that looks pretty unlikely

oh, K-State still hasn’t offered buddy ? - -maybe they already know KU in solid possibly. - - I think that bodes well if he is coming for an un-official and then coming back this weekend for an offical - you would think that has to be good right ? - Ya your right I’m glad these guys n campus

• @jayballer67 said in 2022 Crootin:

oh, K-State still hasn’t offered buddy ? - -maybe they already know KU in solid possibly. - - I think that bodes well if he is coming for an un-official and then coming back this weekend for an offical - you would think that has to be good right ? - Ya your right I’m glad these guys n campus

Not yet! That could be. I really think KU is in the driver’s seat.

Not yet! That could be. I really think KU is in the driver’s seat.

would give us some really good backs

• Gonna be a good long weekend my dudes and dudettes 😎

Gonna be a good long weekend my dudes and dudettes 😎

hoping for a good weekend maybe get us some commits, including KY plus some others, not so sure about Phelps now though

• Phelps lookin like a Jayhawk

• @BShark said in 2022 Crootin:

Phelps lookin like a Jayhawk

Sure sounds like it now I’ve heard nothing confirmed but I guess he cancelled his visit to V-Tech and says will be in Lawrence. - -Als Devin Neal hanging out with Ky today , & a 3 star DB that has verbal committed to Texas on campus today so we will see what happens

• I dunno, just saying getting kinda tingly about recruits on Campus today. - -I’ma think got good things coming can’t beleive we getting this thing turning the corner finally

• Phelps committed. He’ll be in Lawrence Monday to start class Tuesday. Ky isn’t a total lock but looking very good right nkw

Phelps committed. He’ll be in Lawrence Monday to start class Tuesday. Ky isn’t a total lock but looking very good right nkw

got to love it Farmer. - - I’m stoked

• Who is Phelps?

Who is Phelps?

DE from Miami (OH). 8.5 sacks last year. Was our #1 target for the late period.

• CROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS

• @BShark ky?

• Got heeeeem

Got heeeeem

you talking the 6’6 Tight End or KY