The "crap on Trump" thread

• @approxinfinity the Democrats don’t have clean hands in the slightest my friend.

• It will be interesting to see if Epstein’s associate will make it to trial, she’s gonna bring down both sides if so. This wayfair thing is really interesting and it involves a fair share of elites from both sides. I don’t get how anyone at this point could think ether Biden or Trump are decent human beings.

• @kjayhawks Evil are the people saying not to wear masks, and trying to force kids back to school while this virus is surging. Tell me, are the people doing that Democrats or Republicans? I want those people gone.

• @approxinfinity I know Democrats refusing to wear masks. Is Biden evil if touching and more than likely sexually assaulting women? Is the Clinton foundation evil for stealing donations or selling uranium to Russia? What about wanting to do away with constitutional rights? Both sides are equally evil, not to mention Trump has Zero control as to when we go back to school. It’s rednecks vs Nazis at this point. I could write a book on the evils of the Democrat party just in my lifetime.

• Trump squeaks it out at best. No landslide possible. Biden is closing in on a sure victory. One swing state and Biden wins. Potential for Trump to lose in embarrassing fashion.

Just the way the polls look. Not my opinion in any way. It looks like the most Trump could get is 316. His margin for error is tiny. Biden has the potential to 378 with current polls the way they look.

Trump has taken a nosedive in the polls. He will need a repeat of 2016 to win. And I just don’t think he has that same momentum. People HATED Clinton. I don’t think there is the same hate for Biden…

• @Kcmatt7 what did the polls show in 2016???

• @kjayhawks said in The "crap on Trump" thread:

@Kcmatt7 what did the polls show in 2016???

I said he’d need a repeat of 2016 in my post.

Last part:

“Trump has taken a nosedive in the polls. He will need a repeat of 2016 to win. And I just don’t think he has that same momentum. People HATED Clinton. I don’t think there is the same hate for Biden…“

• @Kcmatt7 I said it to be a smart ass lol. We all have our opinions. I won’t comment further with you or @approxinfinity on the matter.

• @Kcmatt7 said in The "crap on Trump" thread:

Trump squeaks it out at best. No landslide possible. Biden is closing in on a sure victory. One swing state and Biden wins. Potential for Trump to lose in embarrassing fashion.

Just the way the polls look. Not my opinion in any way. It looks like the most Trump could get is 316. His margin for error is tiny. Biden has the potential to 378 with current polls the way they look.

Trump has taken a nosedive in the polls. He will need a repeat of 2016 to win. And I just don’t think he has that same momentum. People HATED Clinton. I don’t think there is the same hate for Biden…

Biden has enough skeletons in his closet and is going up against someone that will ruthlessly exploit those skeletons when campaign season starts. Plus Biden still has to make through debates with Trump as well and since he isn’t very eloquent either, debate season could be a gold mine of outrageous sound bites from both Trump and Biden. This is the year for the Libertarian and Green Parties to open up their wallets to promote their candidates strongly and try to get them included in the debates this fall.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in The "crap on Trump" thread:

@Kcmatt7 said in The "crap on Trump" thread:

Trump squeaks it out at best. No landslide possible. Biden is closing in on a sure victory. One swing state and Biden wins. Potential for Trump to lose in embarrassing fashion.

Biden has enough skeletons in his closet and is going up against someone that will ruthlessly exploit those skeletons when campaign season starts. Plus Biden still has to make through debates with Trump as well and since he isn’t very eloquent either, debate season could be a gold mine of outrageous sound bites from both Trump and Biden. This is the year for the Libertarian and Green Parties to open up their wallets to promote their candidates strongly and try to get them included in the debates this fall.

Sure. A long ways to go.

But as of today it still looks like Trumps margin for error is razor thin. It was razor thin 4 years ago and he pulled it off.

I don’t agree on the third party this year. I did 4 years ago (voted Johnson myself).

• @Kcmatt7 said in The "crap on Trump" thread:

@Texas-Hawk-10 said in The "crap on Trump" thread:

Sure. A long ways to go.

But as of today it still looks like Trumps margin for error is razor thin. It was razor thin 4 years ago and he pulled it off.

I don’t agree on the third party this year. I did 4 years ago (voted Johnson myself).

I don’t mean that a 3rd party would win this year, but with the outright disgust so people have with both mainstream parties right now, this is the year for a 3rd party to push to get invited to the debates and increase their profile to start giving themselves a better chance in the future. If the Libertarian or Green Parties don’t take advantage of the situation being laid out in front of them this year, they may never get a better chance to break into the main stream and become real players in state and national level elections.

@Texas-Hawk-10 said in The "crap on Trump" thread:

Sure. A long ways to go.

I don’t mean that a 3rd party would win this year, but with the outright disgust so people have with both mainstream parties right now, this is the year for a 3rd party to push to get invited to the debates and increase their profile to start giving themselves a better chance in the future. If the Libertarian or Green Parties don’t take advantage of the situation being laid out in front of them this year, they may never get a better chance to break into the main stream and become real players in state and national level elections.

can we get a 4th party ?

• This could challenge (and likely upset) some of our libertarian posters.

https://twitter.com/willrich45/status/1282299536048889857?s=21

The link in the tweet is a long read but definitely thought provoking.

• Enjoyed Mccaskill calling Lindsey Graham a POS after his comments re: the Roger Stone commutation.

https://twitter.com/clairecmc/status/1281963359190028288?s=19

• @benshawks08 said in The "crap on Trump" thread:

This could challenge (and likely upset) some of our libertarian posters.

https://twitter.com/willrich45/status/1282299536048889857?s=21

The link in the tweet is a long read but definitely thought provoking.

Cool, guess we ought to copy China by checks notes locking up problematic minorities, deporting all but the ethnic majority, canceling elections, and nationalizing all the major corporations…?

I did appreciate the handwaving that praised German and Japanese nationalism in the early 20th century but then skipped right to Chinese modernization without mentioning WWII and how the US rebuilt Europe, making the European social democracy thing even remotely viable. Like I get the US isn’t perfect, but at least we’re trying to get better. The Chinese government is actively becoming more authoritarian and making no bones about it.

He’s not even trying to hide his disdain for the liberal experiment or anything approaching human rights, like freedom of speech. State capacity quickly turns to nationalism (with the possible exception of Korea, but DPRK didn’t exactly miss the boat there) and to me, nationalism is just a fancy word for bigotry. Like, I have zero desire to live in Singapore, one of the countries that best dealt with COVID. Why? You can be caned for the absolutely horrific crimes of… umm… overstaying your visa or doing drugs.

I just don’t believe for a second that liberalism is worth giving up, like the author suggests. I very much enjoy my freedom to call the President a racist asshole on boards such as this with nobody telling me I can’t. He may be right in that there’s tension between state capacity and individual freedom, and in that case, I’ll take the latter every time in building a country.

• Every day this drags on and gets worse I get angrier at Trump. What a piece of shit.

I’m having a bad day, for someone who has it pretty good. I know there are many people really struggling. ♥

• I enjoy the idea here: https://defeatbytweet.org/

• Listened to The Daily today and they reran an episode from mid March that I remember listening to then. They interviewed a doctor in Italy who explained that 30000 people had tested positive and 2000 had died. 20 had died at his hospital that day. He explained how visitors weren’t allowed and people were dying alone. How they decided who would get the limited beds : younger patients getting priority on beds because the old likely would not survive. I remember my sadness then. It was a disaster. Now look at us.

Last week that Italian doctor’s hospital had zero Covid patients, and they had a moment of silence for the dead, and a round of applause for the survivors. He was knighted for his efforts. They overcame.

We’ve done nothing. We squandered the warnings. We’ve fought with the scientists. We’ve reopened when we shouldn’t, neglected to wear masks when we should. We’ve got teenagers running around on the beaches without a care, a deathtoll piling up, and politicians who want to open our schools in the middle of this.

What plane of hell is the United States in right now? Is Donald Trump an idiotic Antichrist?

• @approxinfinity u should hear this press conference. He’s gone off the deep end! It’s all about Biden’s speech from earlier today. Complete breakdown from it. He’s breaking it down.

• @Crimsonorblue22 I mean Jesus Christ. I didn’t watch a single episode of The Apprentice because I had zero interest in listening to a soulless idiot wield power over people less privileged than he. Little did I know that half this country would some day want to subject us ALL to his despotic lunacy. Come on people! Learn to judge character! Or, if you realized what he was and voted for him anyway, please let’s come to an agreement now that he’s not fit to be President and that we’ll never again vote for someone so stupid and selfish.

• To me this is basically right. Trump isn’t really conservative in any meaningful way. Just plays one on tv. https://twitter.com/cjane87/status/1283148807706992640?s=21

• @FarmerJayhawk a Manhattan Liberal maybe the best description of trump

• “We want our country safe. We don’t–unlike Biden, we don’t want to have criminals pouring into our country.” – Trump today

“After reviewing the development of the spread of COVID-19, Mexico brought up to the United States the extension for another 30 days of restrictions to non-essential land travel along its common border,” – Mexican Ambassador Martha Barcena today.

Congratulations, Donald Trump, you “secured our borders” by making the United States the epicenter of a global pandemic.

• Our president probably watched this on his tv:

https://twitter.com/jasonscampbell/status/1283224831832530945?s=21

• @benshawks08 said in The "crap on Trump" thread:

Our president probably watched this on his tv:

https://twitter.com/jasonscampbell/status/1283224831832530945?s=21

What the f*** did I just listen to?

• @Kcmatt7 Fox “news”???

• Quinnipiac poll… damn near looks fake

• 142,000 US deaths. Disinterest and apathy from the president to contain the virus. His intent all along was expressed early “the virus will just run through us like a wave” (from memory). 142,000 largely preventable deaths. That’s 47.3 times the number of deaths when Osama bin Laden hit the World Trade Center and he was considered the worst kind of terrorist.

• Waiting for the Nationals opening day game at 7 on ESPN. Why is this no mask wearing piece of shit on the television? Petty B couldn’t stand that the Nats invited Fauci to throw out first pitch.

• @approxinfinity Trump will probably tweet about the disloyal umps and catchers wearing masks…

• @approxinfinity said in The "crap on Trump" thread:

Waiting for the Nationals opening day game at 7 on ESPN. Why is this no mask wearing piece of shit on the television? Petty B couldn’t stand that the Nats invited Fauci to throw out first pitch.

White House personnel and guests get tested upon entry so there’s no reason to wear one on WH grounds if you test negative.

• @approxinfinity said in The "crap on Trump" thread:

@FarmerJayhawk sure there is.

https://www.clinicaloncology.com/COVID-19/Article/07-20/False-Negatives-Found-If-COVID-19-Testing-Done-Too-Soon/58781

Not to mention consistent modeling for his more confused devotees.

A mask just won’t help unless Trump himself actually has it. And since he’s tested at least once per day, the odds of that many consecutive false negatives would be pretty low. Presymptomatic spread is also pretty rare since viral loads are low at that point.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in The "crap on Trump" thread:

@approxinfinity said in The "crap on Trump" thread:

Waiting for the Nationals opening day game at 7 on ESPN. Why is this no mask wearing piece of shit on the television? Petty B couldn’t stand that the Nats invited Fauci to throw out first pitch.

White House personnel and guests get tested upon entry so there’s no reason to wear one on WH grounds if you test negative.

From the stand point of contract Covid, there’s no reason, but it would set an example for everyone who doesn’t believe in wearing them to wear a mask so we can finally start seeing things return to normal. Although those people would probably just call Trump a traitor and hypocrite for wearing one.

Although those people would probably just call Trump a traitor and hypocrite for wearing one.

You think so? Is that really possible? There would at least be some lag until Q-Anon disowns him.

• Robert Redfield gets top honor for worst supporting actor this week.

• Excellent statistical analysis here: https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1286420196840763393?s=21

• @benshawks08 Kansas has been healed! I can’t believe nobody asked about that stupid map or about the bounties on our soldiers.

• I just finished the Swan interview. As bad as I thought it would be from the memes and social media, it was much, much worse. It’s abundantly clear he’s incredibly in over his head, and knows very little about the state of the country.

• @FarmerJayhawk Then Biden makes continues to make racist comments like this https://www.kake.com/story/42470296/biden-risks-alienating-young-black-voters-after-race-remarks?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_KAKE-TV

Been saying all along we are screwed either way.

• Racially insensitive:

• Biden: Occasionally makes comments that suggest he is racially insensitive
    • Trump: Repeatedly makes insensitive and incendiary comments and voices support for racist groups.

Inappropriate sexual advances:

• Biden: Has been accused by one person
    • Trump: Boasted about grabbing pu**y in an interview on live radio, numerous video and photographic evidence including his association with Jeffrey Epstein, not to mention numerous allegations from business women to prostitutes.

Call me crazy, but I’m going to go with Biden if we keep dredging up this kind of stuff about Biden.

There are plenty of other things that are not great about Biden. But we’re talking many degrees of magnitude between these two humans. One is like a hand grenade and the other is like 2750 tons of ammonium nitrate.

• @bskeet more than one woman has come forward and accused him of sexual assault. I think it’s closer to a dozen and if you watch him embrace women, he is without question unbelievably handsy to put it nicely. That’s before you get into the videos of him inappropriately touching and sniffing young women. It really shouldn’t matter how many times it has happened. Once is too many times. As I’ve always said to the Democrats May as well say “Vote for our rapist pedophile!! He’s better than the other one”. Think of how stupid that sounds. Since Bill Clinton has been in office the Democrats have not cared about the actions of their nominees but criticize the opposition for the same thing. It’s called hypocrisy my friend and there is a ton of in politics these days. Edit: I’ve also heard Biden say more racist things than Trump.

• @kjayhawks said in The "crap on Trump" thread:

Edit: I’ve also heard Biden say more racist things than Trump.

I don’t know what to say to this.

We are certainly NOT hearing or seeing the same things.

I’m not going to defend Biden. I already said there is plenty of reasons to be apprehensive about Biden.

But my decision will be based on Trump’s body of work. And, taking that into account, a banana peel has more integrity, is more qualified to perform the duties of the presidency and is less dangerous — even if you are running with forks — than Trump.

I mean, c’mon! He’s botched this whole pandemic and recovery stimulus and made the US look more inept than most 3rd world countries. The resulting health costs are going to be ginormous… and the national debt which has soared, is going to take a century of sacrifice to reconcile.

• @bskeet haha I like the banana peel comment. If the people want change, they won’t vote for either guy. They both aren’t fit to lead a chuckie cheese let alone a country.

• @kjayhawks I think you are underselling the amount of damage Trump can do over replacement with 4 more years. Irreparable.

• There are 2 members of the house and zero members of the senate that are not Republican or Democrat. If you want to make change I think you start there not throwing your vote away for a 3rd party presidential candidate, a la Kanye West supporters.

• @approxinfinity I agree about Kanye being a joke but it’s gonna the same crap if a Democrat or republican goes in. I say we vote every last one of the turds out. I’ll be honest with you Trump being in the White House has had zero to little effect on me personally. I had little effect with Bush’s second term when I was barely an adult. The major effect I’ve had by a president was my healthcare sky rocketing under Obama.

• @kjayhawks is living through a mishandled pandemic with your country on lockdown not affecting you personally? I have to think that you don’t think Trump is affecting you personally because you’re not giving him enough credit.

Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 9.51.58 PM.png

• @approxinfinity that could true but I still firmly believe the Democrats would’ve screwed it up as well. Most of them weren’t taking seriously for months either.

• “Vote the bums out” is how we got Trump. WE COULDVE HAD JEB!.