GAMEDAY is here Chat

• Getting minimal done at work today. How does everyone pass the time?

Feeling pretty confident about tonight. Hopefully we have something good to celebrate tonight

• @BeddieKU23 Electrical work today. I will be hoping for no shocking surprises now or tonight!

• All I have to say is. - - the guys better be ready to bring it. - With this crazy as tourney they better be focused - which I’m sure they will Again we don’t have a lot of room for mistake - and let’s be honest although not the best - - Clemson is not any dog either - -you have got to be ready to play every game out.

Like in just about any of these other match ups where the higher seeded team lost- - if these were like a best of 5 - -or a best of 7 then sure the higher seeds 9-10 would win that series - -but in a 1 game series - -as we have seen anything can happen if you don’t come ready - -focused then you could be in trouble a missed shot here - - a missed shot there - - a turnover here - a turnover there - -foul trouble - - - let’s hope we will be .

I think we just come out strong - we really haven’t had a strong complete game in the tourney yet - we haven’t had that really good 3 pt shooting night yet in the tourney - -tonight would be the perfect night. - Clemson like I believe 181 in 3 pt shooting defense - - -time to roll. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @BeddieKU23 I am pretty busy at work until lunch. After that it will be tough to concentrate.

Feeling pretty confident. Hoping that we play loose and have fun. If we do we should win. We are the better, healthier and more complete team with an All American Senior PG.

• @joeloveshawks and the big guy in the paint!

• I had a nightmare last night, that clemson stomped us like Auburn and KSU beat Nova to win the NC. Please don’t let this happen!!!

• @kjayhawks you should have kept that to yourself!

• I stayed at work last night until midnight and missed all the exciting games. I’m an idiot. It was a productive evening, but what a cost. My priorities are screwed. I’m not getting much done today.

• I’ll be passing the time on the drive to Omaha. Rock Chalk all!!

• @cragarhawk awesome!

• @cragarhawk Should’ve when with everyone you did in Wichita for good luck lol

• Where is @stupidmichael when you need him?

• Never ever would i have thought it possible that i would give a “fist-pump” at a made KSU basket…jeez! KU MUST WIN or i will hear nothing but “k-state made it further in the dance than your Jayhawks!” over and over and over and over…

• @Jayhawk-in-OKC

Yup, now KU must win to keep up.

Maybe all the ducks will align and we’ll see the Big-12 go 3-0 today…

• Jayhawk-in-OKC said:

Never ever would i have thought it possible that i would give a “fist-pump” at a made KSU basket…jeez! KU MUST WIN or i will hear nothing but “k-state made it further in the dance than your Jayhawks!” over and over and over and over…

Did they do that in 2010? I don’t live in Kansas anymore so I don’t get exposed to comments much. Maybe remind them that fairness requires they have to say “KU went further” about 20 times for each “KState went further” that they spew!

• @BeddieKU23 Definite yes to both of those!

We’d really have to drop the ball (sorry that was bad lol) to not win tonight. Even if areas of our game go south, I don’t see DG letting us lose to these guys. It’s been quite refreshing to see the B12 on roll this tourney for a change and I just don’t see us as the ones going home yet.

I predict another game similar to the others so far, we stay fairly close in the first half, then our experience and conditioning (again, so refreshing to not look dog-tired at the dance for a change) takes over and the good guys win and move on.

But even something terrible and unforeseen happens tonight, at least we were not the first 1 seed to lose to a 16! That would have been almost unbearable.

• @BeddieKU23 Go in early and take a nap at 2pm. When your boss knows youre this big of a fan, he just lets you do your thing.

• I actually am nervous for this game though. For real.

• kjayhawks said:

I had a nightmare last night, that clemson stomped us like Auburn and KSU beat Nova to win the NC. Please don’t let this happen!!!

I had a nightmare last night myself - I was the only guy at the Playboy Mansion and after spending the weekend there I hit the winning lottery ticket for 500 million bucks.

Neither one of our dreams is coming true.

• @StLJhawk

I agree. I’m not as well versed with Clemson as I have been with a lot of other teams. Part of that is I didn’t expect them to make it this far and I’ve always felt they have overachieved a good amount all season long. Their coach was definitely on the proverbial hot seat coming in so kudos to him for bringing this bunch together.

Not to be cocky or too confident but KU should win tonight. I don’t even think we need our “A” game to win unless Clemson carries over the Auburn magic. I think we can win with a similar effort to the Seton Hall game but who knows, the stakes are a bit higher now so I’m not about to think too hard about it.

I just hope we show up from the start. No slow start, guys look engaged, energetic and ready to go. Not tense and tight like we’ve seen way too much in the past in the 2nd weekend games. I hope that Graham is a big reason why that doesn’t happen as his leadership and character has been a big contributing factor all season long to our success. I know he’s not ready for the ride to end and either am I. The stars seem to be aligning for this team to keep going.

• @Kcmatt7

I’ve been nervous since the Loyola tip last night. About normal though. Just over 4 hrs to go…

• Everything looking up for this game: our guys are rested better than they’ve been all year long, including Devonte. Doke is at maybe 90%… Silvio is better than he was last week… Vick is on a definite “uptick” along with Malik… and Svi and Devonte are stable.

Everything looking up… but projection doesn’t win games. Let’s hope this all translates to victory!

• Well , hate to bring this up BUT- - -does anyone happen to remember what happened one year ago today? - - -OREGON.

Just got to focus - - focus --focus. - -I have just got this gut feeling that the opportunity for sure is there, I said this earlier and will say again - we have yet to really have a very solid game. - Games good enough to win but just advance.

I just think tonight is the perfect night for us to come out for us to have a really good night from the three. - -we haven’t had a solid night yet in the three - so let’s do this - -tme to rock. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @BeddieKU23 less then 3 now lol - -now me? - -oh does my stomach and me tussle before every game - I fret like some 95 ear old granny always thinking the worst scenario - hopin I’m wrong - -some how I’ve just got to learn to chill on game day - - I know the guys will give their best. - -I’m thinkin we play a solid game no silly turnovers we win. - This is a game where we SHOULD I would think be able to compete on the boards -they don’t attack the offensive end very hard is what I read -on rebounding missed shots anyways.

We just have to make sure Doke doesn’t get in early foul trouble. - -I have to think like the lil Red Engine. – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @Kcmatt7 I think at this point in the tourney you have a right to be nervous. - Not just for this game but for every game. - -Don’t feel alone I’m nervous. - I don’t know but out of the three we have played and probably dirt dumm for feeling this way but this game is the one I feel the most confident so far.

I don’t know but similar rely on their guards - -guard heavy - I just don’t think they have anyone who can match up with Doke - -but what scares me - their big is a lot more fluid. - -Worried about them getting Doke into quick two fouls and out. - -Let’s hope I’m wrong - - -AGAIN - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @mayjay If that were to happen and they said that to you - -you can always respond - well you ought to feel happy you didn’t have to meet KU in the NCAA tourney as we know how you matching up with us has went -All 3 times this year

• @cragarhawk be safe

• We need to come out solid get the fans involved - -make it that much more of a home game - -atmosphere for us - -no slow start. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73 “I fret like some 95 year old granny”

Sister Jean (98) says not to worry about the young’uns frettin’ none…

• @mayjay good call

• @BeddieKU23 Don’t bring up “Ducks” this time of year …bad mojo!

• We’re going to win this game. The only question is by how much.

• drgnslayr said:

Everything looking up for this game: our guys are rested better than they’ve been all year long, including Devonte. Doke is at maybe 90%… Silvio is better than he was last week… Vick is on a definite “uptick” along with Malik… and Svi and Devonte are stable.

Everything looking up… but projection doesn’t win games. Let’s hope this all translates to victory!

Correction…Self says Doke is 100% and going full speed. His timing may be off a bit, but definitely 100%.

• KUSTEVE said:

We’re going to win this game. The only question is by how much.

Agreed. I don’t care by how much. A win is a win.

• Please understand that I am not looking ahead, but there is that possibility that the NC game could be KU/KSU. I think that would be “frickin” awesome.

• 30 minutes or so…

• Banned

It appears KU can release the Doka. Me likey.

• @KUSTEVE I find your unblinking optimism most welcome and refreshing. Keep it coming and let’s get that win tonight!

• Banned

Looking for a Big night from the Big 12. TTU and WVU need to win too

• Heard Marsha called big 12 pac 12.

• @DoubleDD four Big 12 teams in the 8 would be fantastic. Having four in the final 4 would be even better but (not possible) I would be more than happy to see three.

• @Crimsonorblue22 Put a fork in Marsha, he’s done.

• They are a good defensive team, so it will be a grind. We were built to grind. Let’s start the grind!

• Thanks to the CBS idiots picking against us yet again

• Thomas doesn’t think he has his hands full with Doke tonight. Prove him wrong Doke!

• I’m going to watch every game ( except when KU is playing). just some great, amazing match ups tonight.

• @KUSTEVE Agreed, bedtime is gonna be late again tonight.

• As expected big pro ku crowd

• Banned

Man I sure hope Duke wins tonight. It just won’t feel the same knocking the crap out of the Cuse.

• Let’s do this!!!