That's a tough team

• @mayjay Do we win this game without Silvio?

• I thought I saw this in real timeā€¦blew it off. I re-watched the last 12 minutes before going to bed and saw it again. I guess my favorite player Vick said something that may have irked Olā€™ Mr. Huggins.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/953118094628720640

• In the second half Vick got called for a foul comitted by two WVU players on the guy Vick was chasing. Evidently the ref couldnā€™t decide which WVU player to call it on and made the politically correct decision to call it on Vick. LaGerald looked away smiling.

• Gunman said:

In the second half Vick got called for a foul comitted by two WVU players on the guy Vick was chasing. Evidently the ref couldnā€™t decide which WVU player to call it on and made the politically correct decision to call it on Vick. LaGerald looked away smiling.

Classic!

They also took away a foul in the first half from Jevon Carter and gave it to someone not in the play. Then when Carter picked up a 2nd half foul that should have been his 3rd it was only his 2nd.

• @BeddieKU23 The other guy was in front of our player and Carter was trailing. I thought it was a bad call in real time until they changed the call to the other guy, and I thought at the time that replay confirmed it was not Carter. I will look at the original view in slo-mo, tonite, though.

• @Gunman We donā€™t win without anyone who played!

• @StLJhawk

Vick has started receiving some heat for turning passive. Itā€™s about time! A big reason for our mediocre play so far in Big 12 play has related to Vick going invisible.

Howeverā€¦ struggle often leads to gains. With Vick struggling, it put even more pressure on Malik to find his game. Malik still has a long ways to go, but he is consistently hustling more while on the floor.

This team is making gains! Doke improves every game, we are getting our depth lined out, and our guards are starting to take on more responsibility (but still need much better defense), and Devonte is starting to really show leadership.

Devonte took ownership last night! He became very vocal and demonstrative with his troops last nightā€¦ and that was HUGE!

So many good signs from last nightā€™s gameā€¦ we have a long ways to go, but it was great to see improvements!

• I loved how Devonte bumped into Svi after that careless turnover. He was pissed at Svi. He wanted this game. Svi took it like a champ too. Then on the bench you could tell Devonte was trying to build him up again.

I see a future coach in Devonte! Hmmā€¦ Iā€™m trying to think of a charismatic coach with a great smile who tears kids down then builds them upā€¦

• Bosthawk said:

Is it me, or did we see a semblance of a real ā€œteamā€ tonite? They might have just gotten an identity ā€¦ they looked to me like a band of brothers fighting hard and playing scrappy tough D and sticking together. Letā€™s hope itā€™s a big step forward!!

(Awaiting a pithy lengthy tome on this subject from Sir Jay of Bateā€¦)

One thing that really stuck out to me - one on several but really stuck out? - -Hustle - - SVI diving on the floor for a loose ball - - Doke - -our seven foot 265 lb big boy - -diving on the floor for a loose ball - - that my friend is ā€“ want to - dedication. sacrifice - - -great win - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• StLJhawk said:

Wow that was fun! I donā€™t think Vic liked not starting! Dok looks better every game. And DeSousa is gonna be good. This could get interestingā€¦

You can just see Doke maturing progressing. - last year even if he hadnā€™t been hurt he would of fouled out in the first 12 minutes of the game. - -This is one area he is getting better at being able to stay on the floor , rebounding getting better ā€“ just his presence makes a huge difference. - - I was so glad to see him with that edge some attitude the stare after the monster flush - the T was total BS. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Bosthawk said:

And on the road, we only got outrebounded by 3! And got to the line as well. They fouled us more that we fouled themā€¦ we played aggressive and didnā€™t solely rely on 3ā€™s

All good signs mon freres

Ya WV fouled more and of course - - people still saying the refs favor Ku - and hell itā€™s not even at our house - -were on the road - -just goes to show - - - - -Winners just Win - - -& losers make excuses. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Found this kind of funny. - Was checking the WVU board and they were talking about how they think WV just got wore out - - how they were tired. - - -WHAT? ? ? ? - -holy bat crap , I mean JUMPIN ā€“ GEE - -HOSSIE - -TOADS - wore out? - -hell they go TEN deep, we are the team that is short handed small depth. - They got wore out tired? - -just think thatā€™s kind of odd/weird. - They donā€™t think Ku wasnā€™t tired? - -If you want to go that route then it all comes down to - -all about want to. - -

Coach Huggins said as much himself - -They ( KU ) just wanted it more. - -Thatā€™s a big part of why BIG 12 teams are looking at a 13 straight time conference champion, statement made. - -The Championship STILL runs through Lawrence Kansas - - -ALWAYS HAS - - -ALWAYS WILL - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• mayjay said:

TOs and short bench didnā€™t kill us this time!

0_1516078016058_Screenshot_2018-01-15-23-43-10-1.png

Big thing post game announcers said that was a big difference: for KU. - - -1st half , - - points for KU off WV turnovers ā€“ -4. - - -2nd half- - points for KU off WV turnovers- - -17. - -huge difference. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Texas Hawk 10 said:

Hawks whipped their nuts out loud and proud to swing for all to see tonight! Those were some of the biggest cajones Iā€™ve seen in a very long time from a KU team.

This is one of the most impressive wins by any team in the country this year.

HUGE - - - -MONSTER HUGE. ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• BShark said:

KirkIsMyHinrich said:

I usually am less angry about officiating the next day, but the technical foul on Doke was still bs. Let the kid play.

I wonder what Fran thinks of it. šŸ’­

lol - well let me refresh: - - as Fran would say: - - Well ā€“ -you know - - when you play KU - -you have to play 5 against 8 ā€“ hmmmm, wonder how that worked tonight? - -Oh ya forgot - doesnā€™t matter - refs still favor KU. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Gunman said:

@mayjay Do we win this game without Silvio?

Yes. - - he helped for sure - but we still win. - he played 7 minutes, two points - -two rebounds - -and drew two fouls on WV -he is going to be a stud - -but think the way things turned out - -we still win with or without De Sousa last night. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• BeddieKU23 said:

Gunman said:

In the second half Vick got called for a foul comitted by two WVU players on the guy Vick was chasing. Evidently the ref couldnā€™t decide which WVU player to call it on and made the politically correct decision to call it on Vick. LaGerald looked away smiling.

Classic!

They also took away a foul in the first half from Jevon Carter and gave it to someone not in the play. Then when Carter picked up a 2nd half foul that should have been his 3rd it was only his 2nd.

Actually believe it or not - -they DID get that call wrong until he went and asked the 2nd official Carter wears nu 2 I believe they called 2 when indeed it was # 3 or visa versa- I canā€™t blame him on that one. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• mayjay said:

@BeddieKU23 The other guy was in front of our player and Carter was trailing. I thought it was a bad call in real time until they changed the call to the other guy, and I thought at the time that replay confirmed it was not Carter. I will look at the original view in slo-mo, tonite, though.

Ok thanks I didnā€™t realize there was another player around Carter, it just seemed like a blatant ā€œwe canā€™t give WVā€™s star player his 2ndā€ type in real time.

What about one of Devonteā€™s drives in the 2nd half where D puts up a shot, Carter hits him from behind and they gave us the ball out of bounds. How do 3 refā€™s miss that?

• mayjay said:

@BeddieKU23 The other guy was in front of our player and Carter was trailing. I thought it was a bad call in real time until they changed the call to the other guy, and I thought at the time that replay confirmed it was not Carter. I will look at the original view in slo-mo, tonite, though.

your right - -it was the correct call - I donā€™t blame carter for going to the 2nd official for THAT call - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Jayballer54 said:

mayjay said:

your right - -it was the correct call - I donā€™t blame carter for going to the 2nd official for THAT call - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

I think the announces even said it was Carterā€™s foul which made it more confusing. Thanks for clearing that up.

• https://t.co/PjbM3DG4Pa

Foul they called on Vick

• @Crimsonorblue22

And that was a moving screen by Ahmad to boot.

Good think I did not have any thing solid close by otherwise I would be replacing my big screen today; the blanket flew only about half way before landing on my dog who looked at me and shook her head. šŸ˜„

• here is something to think about and let sink in. - - Over the last two Big 12 seasons Ku is - - - 15-1 - in single digits wins, thatā€™s crazy - -crazy good. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Last nights come from behind win: - - -is the largest come back on the road in over twenty seasons. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY