Thoughts On SE Mis St

• Who amongst ye already plans to be in Memorial Stadium on Sept. 2? After squinting for 20 years, I’m now a westsider. The Redhawks from Cape Girardeau feature a pass first offense. Last year they averaged 213 passing vs. 135 rushing per game. Offensively challenged against the likes of Murray St., TN Martin and Austin Peay last year, I like that our young secondary will face a senior QB, Jesse Hoskett, who completed 50% of his passes with 11 TDs and 7 INTs. If Armstrong and company will let a few passes get thrown, our secondary should start the season under fire and give us a hint whether they will be up to the 2017 challenge.

Two months to go until we get this thing started. I hope everyone will make plans to be in Lawrence on Sept. 2. RCJHF

• I plan on going for ether this game or the CMU game depending on how my work schedule turns out. Too early for me to make a prediction besides pain for the redhawks. SEMO at least seems to be better than Rhode Island who was one of, if not the worst team in FCS the past few years.

Looks like your connection to KU Buckets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.