2018 Kansas Jayhawks Football Recruiting

• This is where I will keep a running list of KU’s 2018 recruits. I may not add players immediately because of work, but I will try to keep it as up to date as possible. I do the list in alphabetical order, not by highest rated because that can be subjective from service to service.

Aaron Brule, S, 6-1, 195, Rummel HS, Metarie, LA, Committed on 2/4/17

Cartez Crook-Jones, DE, 6-5, 230, Grandview HS, Grandview, MO, Committed on 2/9/17

Corione Harris, CB, 6-1, 170, Landry-Walker HS, New Orleans, LA, Committed on 2/4/17

Tevailance Hunt, WR, 6-2, 180, Texas HS, Texarkana, TX, Committed on 4/15/17

Devonta Jason, WR, 6-3, 187, Landry-Walker HS, New Orleans, LA, Committed on 2/4/17

Clayton Tune, QB, 6-2, 188, Hebron HS, Carrollton, TX, Committed on 2/4/17

Anthony Williams, RB, 5-8, 165, Hahnville HS, Boutte, LA, Committed on 2/4/17

• Had a good weekend excited for these next few years.

• @kjayhawks said:

Had a good weekend excited for these next few years.

This was not a good weekend. This was a great weekend for KU football. I think KU has a pretty good shot at landing at least 2 more kids out of Louisiana. There’s a pair of teammates from Warren Easton where Tony Hull coached before KU that KU has their eyes on. Both are 3 star players, one is a WR and the other is a CB.

This might legitimately be the best recruiting weekend KU football has ever had.

• As of today (February 5, 2017), KU has the 9th ranked class in the country according to 247. I’m only mentioning that now because it’ll likely drop as the year goes on, but to see KU football in the top 10 for football recruiting at any point is just insane.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 very true, hopefully they stay committed. Let’s win some more games this fall to help!!

• @Texas-Hawk-10

Dang…and I mean DANG!!! KU is finally on the right road to respectability.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 HA I posted the exact same thing in the other thread before I read this lol. - Would be really good if we could hold these guys - -and build off all this, maybe not a top 1`0 obviously - -BUT dam get a top 25-30 class would be outstanding compared to yrs past. - - You know we start getting some of these players, it’s going to make other really good players at least take notice, take a look, wondering, think - -HEY whz going on over at KU - -maybe want to come a be a part of the re-birth of KU football. - I know those two said Lee played a big part in their decision, his playing time and the success he had - - All I can say is - - -HELL YA, JUMPIN – -GEE – HOOSA - -FATS - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Coach Hull in pretty good company.

2018 Recruiter Rankings

Powered by 247Sports Composite

Name        Team

1  Brent Pry     Penn State
        2  Tony Hull    Kansas
        3  Mike Rumph     Miami
        4  Corey Raymond      LSU
        5  Jeff Banks      Texas A&M
        6  Ricky Rahne       Penn State
        7  Mike Elston       Notre Dame
        8  Emmett Jones      Texas Tech
        9  Odell Haggins      Florida State
       10  Josh Gattis      Penn State

• KU and Beaty need to do everything in their power to keep Tony Hull because as long as he’s at KU, that pipeline KU now has into New Orleans is going to stay open until for KU until Hull is no longer here. Louisiana is just an entirely different culture from the rest of the country and these guys aren’t joking about the family atmosphere having a huge influence on their decisions. I know @wissox and anyone else including myself who have spent a significant portion of time in Louisiana will 100% back up this claim about the loyalty of Louisiana people being accurate and Hull has the loyalty of HS coaches and players all over the New Orleans area specifically.

Landing Tyriek Starks was the beginning. The connection with Hull was made during this recruitment because Starks played at Warren Easton under Hull. Reggie Mitchell then leaves for Arkansas and KU has a need for a new RB coach. Beaty takes a calculated risk by bringing in Hull in an attempt to get some players out of Louisiana. Almost immediately, Hull gets commitments from Mike Lee and Malik Clark (Clark is also from Warren Easton) and then gets Lee to enroll a year early at KU. In his 1st year, Hull also lands Travis Jordan and Takulve Williams both from the New Orleans area as well. In a little over a year on the job, Hull brings in 4 Louisiana players, one of whom gets a chance to play early. Getting players from Louisiana to visit KU is a big enough deal which hiring Hull allowed KU to at least talk to players in Louisiana. Seeing Mike Lee emerge on the scene however is a game changer for KU in Louisiana. Without the success Mike Lee had last year, KU does not land any of the Louisiana recruits that committed yesterday, at least not early like they did. They probably go home and tell their younger teammates about how nice KU is and that keeps the line of communication open with Louisiana prospects for Tony Hull. Lee’s success is a game changer because it shows these kids that they can come in and be successful very early on at KU instead of having to sit and wait behind other 4 and 5 star guys at LSU.

If Daylon Charlot comes in and has early success and if Tyriek Starks wins the QB job, the floodgates will be fully open for KU to talk to any recruit in Louisiana they want to and to have a legitimate chance to sign those players as well.

What KU did yesterday in getting commitments from Jason and Harris (3rd and 4th best players in Louisiana with offers from LSU, Alabama, and basically everybody in the SEC) is something that has definitely caught a lot of people off guard including everyone who follows KU football. We knew Hull would allow KU to talk to some players out of Louisiana, but to actually land commitments from players the caliber of Jason and Harris is something I don’t even think Tony Hull thought was possible at this stage in the game.

Don’t be surprised to see KU land possibly 3, maybe even more recruits out of Louisiana this year. Warren Easton has a couple of 3 star prospects who we know Hull has a relationship with and there’s a DE out of Baton Rouge that KU is the favorite to land.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 awesome!

• @Texas-Hawk-10 Thanks again for keeping tabs on KU football recruiting and posting it. We are very fortunate to have fans who are willing to share their knowledge and research about recruiting for us.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said:

Don’t be surprised to see KU land possibly 3, maybe even more recruits out of Louisiana this year. Warren Easton has a couple of 3 star prospects who we know Hull has a relationship with and there’s a DE out of Baton Rouge that KU is the favorite to land.

Man…if KU becomes the school for Louisiana talent the sky is the limit.

• The importance of making sure these guys stay committed cannot be overstated.

LSU will be calling. Alabama will be calling. The entire SEC will be knocking on the door. KU has to get these guys on campus.

But even more than that, the importance of having these guys verbal to KU is a message to other HS players that what is happening in Lawrence is legit. Guys with actual talent actually want to go to KU. That’s significant not only in recruiting in the hotbeds, but also in recruiting talent from the Kansas City area. This says that KU is back in the game.

• @justanotherfan All the 4 star guys already have those offers amd still chose KU. Jason and Harris were committed to LSU last summer before decommiting after the coaching change. I’m not too concerned with losing them. Tune is the guy I’m more concerned with because he doesn’t have the big offers yet, only interest.

• @Texas-Hawk-10

I agree. The only thing that worries me with those Louisiana kids is that staying home and playing for the Tigers is a big thing down there. I think having Hull here makes that less of an issue, but it’s still something that means a lot to family, friends, etc.

And it’s not like if Alabama calls, those kids won’t answer the phone.

• @justanotherfan

Alabama gets 4 stars to grayshirt apparently.

• Gone crootin

• @justanotherfan I agree with you on keeping these kids. Like I stated earlier, now is when we find out about these players just really for sure how strong their bond is with Coach hull. - -I seen it mentioned multiple times, that these players look to Coach Hull as a father figure, how long they had known him.- - This guy is worth a million,Mike Lee is so valuable for us we have an open door to Louisiana right now. We shall see how strong of bond, these guys rally have. - -There is going to be an in-believable amount of pressure put on them from LSU - -Alabama Oklahoma - -all the big boys. - -We have just stepped into unchartered waters for us, we got down off the porch and runnin with the big boys, NOW we have to make sure we keep our big boy pants on and keep these studs sold on our program, we can’t let up - -have to keep in constant contact with them.

Just because they gave us hard verbals doesn’t mean we can now take the approach and say well we already have them and leave them in silence - -it’s right at a year before we can get them aboard on paper - -time to ROCK. - - - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @BShark

Love CCR… :smile:

• @justanotherfan Here’s the thing with Corione Harris and Devonta Jason. They were previously committed to LSU and both decommitted from there. They both already had offers from Alabama so Alabama has already called them. Those two still chose KU after being committed to LSU and having had Alabama offer them. Another huge factor in KU’s favor is those two were HS teammates of Mike Lee who helped sell both of them on KU. I’m legitimately not very concerned about KU losing either one of those two players because of that connection.

Looks like your connection to KU Buckets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.