HUDY'S IN CHARGE NOW.

• The leader of the team stands in front. Do what she says and this will be a fantastic year.

Capture.jpg

• I wonder where BG is? I did read that he is not 100% and that they hope he can play full tilt starting 1 October.

• Graham is at 100% though!

• @wrwlumpy

I count 15 players not including Greene. Any idea who the guy behind Svi and Manning is?

• @JayHawkFanToo I think he’s the new walk on since Pollard left. I can’t recall all the details, but he was announced a month or so ago.

• Transfer from kccc? Forgot which juco. Yeah, walk on, legit one. Clay young

• @konkeyDong @Crimsonorblue22

I remember now. Interesting that he is not listed in the KU official roster…

• @JayHawkFanToo Self said that would happen in the near future.

• @Statmachine Yeah, Graham is fine. Knew he would be.

• OMG, look how tall Jamari is now.

(Just kidding)

• @Crimsonorblue22 He’s from Lansing, KS (on the outskirts of Leavenworth - my hometown) and home of the men’s and women’s state prisons. After I graduated high school, the city league softball team I played on had to play one game a season AT the women’s prison against their team. Scary time going through the gates/fences. Those were tough gals! Lansing also was home to a previous Miss Kansas (daughter of one of my close friends from high school).

• Anybody else notice that Svi is not wearing shoes, yet is taller than just about everybody?

Mickelson is clearly taller than Bragg and Diallo in the back row, and by more than just an inch. If Mickelson is 6-10, Bragg and Diallo are both 6-8, which seems accurate given that Perry appears to also be around that height. Coleby also looks like he’s about that same size.

Jamari is a physical specimen, and he looks like he knows it.

Greene is noticeably absent here. He’s got about seven more weeks of recovery. If he’s delayed by even a week or two he won’t be ready for the start of practice. Hope the rehab is going well.

• What is a better lineup? Svi, Perry, Wayne, Frank and Devonte or Alternating Frank and Devonte and going with a big man? Bill will have to have the rebounding, so probably one of the point guards will have to sit. When have we ever had this kind of luxury since 2008. I hope Diallo make’s this decision moot.

• What incredible depth we will have with Lucas, Hunter, Bragg and Vick. All of these guys will play and the defense can take a lot more chances with fewer worries. Maybe West Virginia can run with us, but no one in the Big 12 will have our depth.

• @wrwlumpy said:

Maybe West Virginia can run with us, but no one in the Big 12 will have our depth.

Given how the last few years and tourneys have played out, why O’why do KU fans still keep on using other BIG12 teams as a benchmark for greatness.

No one in the Big 12 will have our depth? no kidding…that’s like the old chris rock line…you can’t be a dad and take pride in saying “i send my kids to school”…

we need to get past the big 12…else we will see #12, and an early round exit again…but if the majority are satisfied with that, then all this is moot.

• @elpoyo So what should the thought process be for all of us “stupid Heads” during the Conference season? Every year, someone wants us to forget about winning the Conference saying that it doesn’t matter, or where we get seeded doesn’t matter. Is there a strategy to losing certain games to assure us of a National Championship. Why not enjoy the ride and forget about being a permanent “Second Guesser.”

Are you saying that you want a National Championship more than the rest of us on this site and that you have a way to do this that Self doesn’t know about? Is it the team’s fault or the fan’s fault for wanting to compete in a conference and be the best. Pick the games you want us to lose and explain why.

• @elpoyo “why O’why do KU fans still keep on using other BIG12 teams as a benchmark for greatness.”

Saying that West Virginia can run is using them as a benchmark for greatness? LOL.

If you’re trying to be funny, keep it up, because that’s hilarious. If you’re being serious you may want to think about things a little more before hitting “enter”.

Maybe a more appropriate moniker would be “el descontento”.

• @wrwlumpy said:

very year, someone wants us to forget about winning the Conference saying that it doesn’t matter, or where we get seeded doesn’t matter. Is there a strategy to losing certain games to assure us of a National Championship. Why not enjoy the ride and forget about being a permanent “Second Guesser.”

Nothing is wrong with that you said above. all i’m saying is, we’re much better than thumping our chests when comparing ourselves to the rest of the little 12. it sickens me when our fans make statements .

instead, why can’t we not say “neither duke or UK will have our depth”…

Also, there is a growing sentiment among KU fans that they are simply satisfied with big 12 streak and chalk an early round exit to “oh well- the tournament is too hard to win” or “the tourney doesn’t matter…its the streak”. I think this is nothing but baloney. Don’t see the fire in the fans and the coaching staff that i used to see. It seems as though an early round exit is more probable than a deep tourney run.

I really hope we end the streak soon and focus on the tourney. The streak, while amazing, is fools gold. It doesn’t do one bit for our recruiting.

• @justanotherfan Dude, cool line up, but no way Self puts Svi in at the 4.

• @wrwlumpy LoL, I meant to say that to you. Not @justanotherfan

• @justanotherfan I saw that too! Svi with shoes could be near 6-10!! It could just be depth of the curve that is affecting the perception of size on that back line though… and lack of shoes for certain guys. Has Jamari gotten stronger? I hope Greene is better soon too.

• @elpoyo Whats wrong Colonel Sanders… Chicken?

• Several of you mentioned Greene missing from the photo, and it made me wonder about his injury. Does anyone recall what exactly his injury was? I’m sure it was fairly serious, and something to do with his hip. It’s not a Bo Jackson type thing, is it? I mean, if it was, that would suck. Medical procedures have come a long way since Bo Jacksons career altering injury occurred, but he was never the same - better than most but never the same. Hoping Greene works his way back athletically with that deadly three killing zones…

• @nuleafjhawk said:

@elpoyo “why O’why do KU fans still keep on using other BIG12 teams as a benchmark for greatness.”

Saying that West Virginia can run is using them as a benchmark for greatness? LOL.

If you’re trying to be funny, keep it up, because that’s hilarious. If you’re being serious you may want to think about things a little more before hitting “enter”.

Maybe a more appropriate moniker would be “el descontento”.

internet messageboard tough guy…i’ve heard of your types before.

• @wrwlumpy Based on Self’s comments, I expect to see a lot of : Frank, Devonte, Wayne, Perry and either Diallo (if eligible) or either Mickelson (more likely based on WUG) or Lucas.

• @Crimsonorblue22 Thanks, I forgot about that article on the Greene injury. Yeah, Jackson’s injury was way worse, so I’m feeling a lot better about Greene coming back and maybe having a pretty decent year.

• @elpoyo I’m not hard to spot in person either - I have I.M.T.G. tattooed on my forehead.

• “why O’why do KU fans still keep on using other BIG12 teams as a benchmark for greatness.”

Since when do KU fans do that?

It’s SPORTS MEDIA that constantly over-hypes the Big12 and KU freshman stars dreaming of being OADs.

• @elpoyo he is a very tough and respected guy on here!

• In regards to Greene, He and his girlfriend were having lunch and Brannon parked in a handicap zone with his sign in the back window given to him after his surgery. A troll followed them into the restaurant took pictures of them and their food and bitched about the parking. Her tweet was taken down by the track star girlfriend but the final portion he posted is here. Don’t mess with BG’s GF.

Capture.PNG

• @wrwlumpy Vick has some hops!

• I thought KU got 30,000 shoes 0r so each year from Adidas.

How can Frank, Devonte and Svi not have any?

Did they sell them? 😄

• @jaybate-1.0 Who’s buying cheapo $100 shoes? In case you missed it Jamari is wearing ADIDAS flip flops so there’s another couple hundred pairs shoes for you @jaybate-1.0 . No one needs foot fungus. Didn’t the Nebraska contract that you are referencing allow for a portion of that money to go to apparel also? That’s the way I remember it.

• @wrwlumpy I hope you’re right about the leader standing out front. As long as Mason leads this team correctly they will go far. It’s up to him where this team goes, he has the keys.

• @dylans

That’s right. I forgot. Nebraska only got somewhere between 15,000 and 30,000 shoes per year with apparel considered. Howling!!!

Hey, what if Nebraska only ordered one shirt and 29,999 pairs of shoes, because the street value of the shoes was higher than the street value of shirts, shorts and hoodies?

Talk about tough choices!

• @dylans

Re: Frank–which is more important to his leadership: shooting 43% from Trey, or being a good communicator with his teammates? I would hate to give up either. But it is an interesting question.

• @dylans

"Who’s buying cheapo $100 shoes? "

Alumni? 😄

• @jaybate-1.0 30,000 shoes? Thats a lot of shoes. Is that just for basketball or for all the collegiate sports?

• @jaybate-1.0 I’ll take 38% from trey and a good communicator.

• @jaybate-1.0 I bought a pair of Adidas running shoes a couple weeks back. I was shopping online and looked at Nike, Adidas, Brooks, Saucony. I decided to support my feet with Adidas due to my unwavering loyalty to KU-Adidas

• @dylans

“Who’s buying cheapo $100 shoes?”

Certainly not me! I buy the super cheapo shoes for $49.95, and I complain all the way to the cash register!

• @drgnslayr I can’t bring myself to by basketball shoes anymore. They’re too outlandish and pricey.

@jaybate-1.0 How much does that come out to for each student athlete that is clothed with that money? Seems like way to much, but government waste is nothing new.

I’d take the spoken leadership over a trey gun, but I’m glad I don’t have to choose. Miles couldn’t shoot, but could lead. Mario was a vocal leader that never doubted his own shot. hmm on second thought I’ll take both like Mario and Sherron and Frank.

• @elpoyo said:

Also, there is a growing sentiment among KU fans that they are simply satisfied with big 12 streak and chalk an early round exit to “oh well- the tournament is too hard to win” or “the tourney doesn’t matter…its the streak”. I think this is nothing but baloney. Don’t see the fire in the fans and the coaching staff that i used to see. It seems as though an early round exit is more probable than a deep tourney run.

I typically don’t have time to post on this site anymore, but yes, I couldn’t agree more with this sentiment. This seems to be a growing trend not only among KU fans, but the team as well. I think there’s more at play than just being satisfied with the conference of course (i.e. murderer’s row non conference and conference schedule), but it just seems that by the time we get to the tournament our team is spent. The tournament doesn’t even feel the same anymore. How sad is that? Everything leading up to the tournament seems to take an eternity, and then we get to the main event and it’s over in an instant. KU fans in a lot of ways seem to have become complacent, and I think this has trickled down to the team.

• @MoonwalkMafia Where you been?

• @dylans Yokohama. But I keep up.

• @dylans said:

but government waste is nothing new.

Isn’t adidas a private corporation giving out 15,000 to 29,999 pairs of shoes (just a rough guess-estimate) to a public university?

The government entity–a state university–is gettiing the consideration, not giving it out.

And corporations don’t have a history of making contributions (other than taxes) to government just for the heck of it. They like to get something in return, right? Not something illegal in return, but SOMETHING!!!

So: what are they getting in return?

Is paying a university $30-60,000,000 really helping them sell that many shoes?

I can’t think what else Big Shoe could be seeking.

Hard to figure.

Rock Chalk!!

• Note: I am not picking on Nebraska, or Adidas. KU is contracted with Adidas also. Nor am I picking on Nike either. Or Under Armour. Nor on any other brand. Nor is any conspiracy, nor wrong doing, being proposed either. I assume everything is above board and legal. The question is: what IS going on?

It is hard to understand this system, how it operates, and why it takes this apparent form, and not some other.

Why does a Petro-shoeco want to pay these amounts of consideration to a university and in part in the medium of so many apparent pairs of shoes?

And why do universities want to receive consideration in this way?

I am sure there is a logical reason. I just cannot yet understand what it may be?

Rock Chalk!!!

• @MoonwalkMafia It’s a crazy world take care of yourself. When you get time leave a post this site could use a quality poster as yourself.