Pearls of wisdom from coach K and coach Scheyer...

• Late in games this season, Coach K has put the ball in his freshman point guard’s hands and told his bigs to set ball screens and let Jones go to work. That’s how he’d make the go-ahead three with just over four minutes left and the dagger three that put the Badgers away.

“Throughout the season, when it’s gotten to late-game situations, we’ve gone to him, and he’s made the right play,” Scheyer said. “So tonight was going to be no different for us. What he did to come through, I don’t know how many people there were tonight—60,000 or 70,000—you would think there was five people the way Tyus was. He lives for those moments, and he put us on his back.”

Okafor, the best player on the roster, sat and watched most of the comeback saddled with four fouls.

Scheyer and assistant coach Jeff Capel could see the hurt on his face. Okafor was ready to take the blame if Duke lost.

“You’re going to win the game for us,” Scheyer told him. “You’re going to win the game for us.”

Okafor came back in with 3:22 left on the clock and his team ahead by one point, and eight seconds later he was spinning around Kaminsky and putting Duke ahead by three. Next possession he followed a Winslow miss and put Duke up five.

“He capped it off for us,” Scheyer said. “Other guys kept it going, but he capped it off for us. What he’s done as a freshman, I think it’s overlooked a little bit, because he’s put us on his back so many times and he did the same thing tonight at the end.”

• @jayhawk-007 I CANT STAND GARGAMEL!!! That SOB held a team USA practice during our late night in which Tyus and Okafer we set to attend. Gargamel set up his little camp after HCBS announced Late night so The duo ended up going to Dook for a camp and then His late night. Landing those 2 would have put us right there in the final four! A lot of you could care less about the OAD’s but those 2 would have sealed the deal for us… I suppose Frankamp could have transferred b4 he did and that could have helped out too. That’s what we call a fuster cluck at my house!