KU Buckets
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    KU ROSTER 2026-27

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved KU Basketball / Other NCAAM
    785 Posts 38 Posters 176.7k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M Offline
      MR11 @Texas Hawk 10
      last edited by

      @Texas-Hawk-10 said in KU ROSTER 2026-27:

      Peterson was the best player on the team, but he was the one who wasn't a great fit. Peterson is much more of an iso player which is also partly why he chose Kansas so he could expand his game. The cramps and being in and out of the line up in the early season killed his chemistry with everyone else. KU was actually pretty good when Peterson was out because they had chemistry.

      Agreed, I feel like we are rewriting last year a bit. Peterson in and out of the lineup really messed with the team consistency, but they showed flashes of being a really good team. Council had to take on more of an offensive load than was ideal because of this and his efficiency reflects that. Last year's team had no other reliable ball handlers and our offense would have been a whole lot worse if he hadn't stepped up when DP was out. And when DP was in, he warped the offense and the team never seemed to figure out how to best play around that.

      One or two of Blyden/Kinney/Stokes emerging as a reliable secondary creator should help Council quite a bit.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
      • T Offline
        TYOHawk @Kcmatt7
        last edited by

        @Kcmatt7 said in KU ROSTER 2026-27:

        @Jayhawk_69 said in KU ROSTER 2026-27:

        I could get behind the feeling that Melvin does not raise our ceiling, but to say he lowers it is categorically false. Many many great teams, including some that have won national championships, have started guards who are not good 3-pt shooters.

        He is inefficient on offense as a whole. I could live with the 3pt shooting, it’s the 4/17 games with 12 missed floaters.

        IMO he has to take a major step forward in shot selection (or shot making).

        He’s such a terrible shooter. This season is gonna be miserable watching him if he tries to play like last season.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • Jayhawk_69J Online
          Jayhawk_69
          last edited by Jayhawk_69

          With our roster full I put together a wee chart of how I see our lineup playing out in a typical game:

          position - starter (minutes) - backup 1 (minutes) -backup 2 (minutes)
          1 ----------- Council (28) -------- Kinney (6) ---------- Blyden (6)
          2 ------------ Blyden (22) --------Kinney (10) ---------- Stokes (8)
          3 ------------- White (20) ------- Rosario (10) ---------Stokes (10)
          4------------- Stokes (16) --------- White (12) --------- Dawes (12)
          5 ---------- Dawes (20) --------- Mbiya (20)

          minutes leaders: Stokes (34), Dawes (32), White (32), Council (28), Blyden (28), Mbiya (20), Kinney (16), Rosario (10)

          I went with a small starting lineup because that seems to be our most talented group. Plus this would still be a good rebounding team despite being small. I guessed Rosario and Mbiya would beat out Parker Jr, Barnett, and Reeves due to experience in the system, but it would not surprise me if any of those three guys beat someone out to get minutes.

          I understand that game scripts will change lineups and minutes. This is just a sample of what I think minute distribution could look like in a typical Big 12 game.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • rockchalkjayhawkR Online
            rockchalkjayhawk
            last edited by

            Ha, I’ve been wanting to discuss the starting lineup for sure, but I’m gonna wait some more until this legal nonsense sorts itself. Who knows what next week will bring…

            B 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
            • B Offline
              BeddieKU23 @rockchalkjayhawk
              last edited by

              @rockchalkjayhawk

              Might as well discuss the current as of today team while we can!

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
              • First post
                Last post