Sams club game chat

• @patoh3 Your blood pressure is better for that internet outage. Not sure I would want to watch that game again.

• Zags game opens at -3.5 zags. Was expecting a higher spread

• That spread for the Zags is fine.

The NCAA committee threw kryptonite at us tonight and we survived.

We are playing with house money from here on out.

• Samford played their average game which is forcing 17 turnovers, scoring 86 points per game and making over 10 three pointers at 40+ %. We on the other hand made a few more turnovers than average, hit about twice as many treys as usual and scored almost 20 points more than our average for the last half of the season. We shoot lousy from deep and make risky passes that are our SOP. The flagrant technical was a deliberate attack on Hunter’s injured shoulder and when Hunter missed both free throws the guy celebrated like an a##hole.

• This team doesn’t win last night without Timberlake’s game. That deflection he had that caused a steal, those plays Self has wanted from him all year. Do we got a Malik and Remy 2.0? I mean at this point give him the confidence to do what he did last night. It wasn’t perfect by any means but it sure felt like he finally felt comfortable in his own skin

• As I have been saying, tourney is a different animal.

Experience and good coaching count a lot more than normal season.

Recall, no way we would have lost to Arkansas if we had Self coaching last year.

Deep bench is not such a big factor.

• Well you know now that KU has become the Villans in the tourney . – - Everybody , every game we might play from here on out, every foul , every questionable out of bounds play WE are now the Villian.

Yes we got lucky at the end , very lucky . That foul that was called on Nicks break away dunk late - - - WAS NOT a foul in no way shape or form , you could for sure see it in the multitude of re-play. There was not a hair that touch Nick on the dunk attempt , the guys lower body for sure didn’t and his hand clearly got nothing but ball , sorry to say but man the ref blew that call 100 % , if that was not called Samford would have a 5 on 4 coming the other way and very easily could of been a different result.

Yet they did make the call so that’s great , we won that’s what matters. There were other calls made that went against us or them bottom line - -we advance so cool. - Just remember all were going to here now for sure is KU gets all the calls - -all the breaks. --gonna hear that from all other fan bases , and tomorrow pregame that’s all your gonna hear from broadcasters

• I really dislike how we are the better seed than Gonzaga yet they played first and will get about 3 and half more hours to rest while not being up til late.

• @kjayhawks SLC is only 2/3 as far for Gonzaga, too, plus the west in general is their territory. JHawk fans need to get on the road…well, planes…and buy up those tickets!

• @mayjay ya kinda weird the Midwest games are really west but next season we will like be in Wichita so we can’t get a break every season. I’m still mad we played UCLA in California in 2007.

• @kjayhawks said in Sams club game chat:

@mayjay I’m still mad we played UCLA in California in 2007.

I bitch about that at least 2x a year!

I thought UNC got screwed this year. Arizona is the 2 in the west.

• @BeddieKU23

Absolutely true. That may have been the game saver and the trey he hit in the second half was a boost at the time. He and Elmarko both have made instinctive wow plays that are indicative of a special skill that we can get used to real quick. Maybe the last game tomorrow but requires all of our strengths being on display and making some dad gum shots. Hunter, KJ and Juan seemed to really like the moment yesterday.

• Another crazy stat against us #35 Allenspach was 6/25 on the year from 3 point land going into last night. Last night he was 4/4, always crazy how there is always one guy the scouting report says can’t shoot and does against us well.

• Any word on Hunter’s shoulder? How’s it feeling today!

• @kjayhawks

Exposed Hunt’s ball screen defense in a bad way but yeah I said in the game chat that dude had an outter body experience to go 4/4. He hadn’t made a 3 in over a month prior.

• @Zabudda

Elmarko had a lot of bad last but it was definitely a great hustle play at the end. I hope being able to play through some mistakes helps him for tommorow. He’s still a long long ways from getting it all together

• @BeddieKU23 said in Sams club game chat:

@kjayhawks

Exposed Hunt’s ball screen defense in a bad way but yeah I said in the game chat that dude had an outter body experience to go 4/4. He hadn’t made a 3 in over a month prior.

he was only shooting 25 % on the Season, and of course shoots like a National player of the year against us.

We was outscored last night by 30 points from the 3.–they made 16 three’s we made 6. - Hanni gave a stat last night about how much we have been out scored from the three- – it was insane

• @BeddieKU23 yes and no the scouting report says sag off a guy that doesn’t even average shooting a 3 a game much less making 4

• So the flagrant 1 on Hunt, was the guy trying to hurt his shoulder? He was yanking his arms. Then after Hunt missed his throws and the guy came back in he was laughing and clapping. Thought it was very poor sportsmanship!

• @Crimsonorblue22 I noticed that too.

• @Crimsonorblue22 @wissox you could’ve made a case for him being ejected. Definitely was intentional and the guy celebrated super hard after Hunter missed them

• Is it just me or do the rims in SLC sound funny?

• @Zabudda oh my goodness, what game was it where they had the microphone on the rim? Made for a rough broadcast.

• Wow we are getting blown out by the bettors. Isn’t a sweet 16 on the line? I think Bill will get us good looks just need to look to the future. Looking to see Furphy have an all around impact on the game. Juan Juan Juan you gotta do it.

• Bettors were for sanford and mcneese st. Lol! Why don’t we have fans? To far?