Hunter

• Interviewed by Jeff Goodman along with Armondo Bacot of UNC.

Says the door is open to come back next year.He just turned 23. His NIL is definitely a reason he could entertain another year.

What do we think?

• I sure hope he comes back. I love his game. Soft touch inside, great hands, and a decent 3 shot. I would like to see him be more physical, but it sure seems like the refs call every ticky tack foul they can against Hunter. And, he must keep his temper in check. I know that’s easier said than done. But, he’s the target for physical play and cheap shots every game. Wear that as a badge of honor and respect from the opponent.

• This is a no brainer for me.

All in on HD.

• I always want everyone to stay, except for the Miami football player who was just granted his 9th year of eligibility.

• @BeddieKU23 said in Hunter:

Interviewed by Jeff Goodman along with Armondo Bacot of UNC.

Says the door is open to come back next year.He just turned 23. His NIL is definitely a reason he could entertain another year.

What do we think?

Did you hear Hunter saying hat he was Driving? - -A Range Rover lol - -Armando is driving and Audi - -really good interview , heard it yesterday with Gpodman in the field of 68 after dark . love that podcast

• If we can pick up or develop some shooters around him, we could improve greatly next season. Not that I’m giving up on these guys this season. IMO if we had a Braun and Ochai. This team is undefeated and ain’t many in country that could play with them. I’m Believer in guards win in March. NBA level guards were on our last 2 NC teams.

• From the Toronto Sun “Chinese marathon runner DQ’d for chain smoking all the way through a marathon.” I can see him as the new Marlboro Man.

• @jayballer67 said in Hunter:

@BeddieKU23 said in Hunter:

What do we think?

Did you hear Hunter saying hat he was Driving? - -A Range Rover lol - -Armando is driving and Audi - -really good interview , heard it yesterday with Gpodman in the field of 68 after dark . love that podcast

Being 23 is a big handicap regarding draft position. ???

• @Zabudda said in Hunter:

@jayballer67 said in Hunter:

What do we think?

Not sure, I think more of a Jo , Jo type now instead of the older ypical at the time post up Big yr’s ago. Hunter ws talking to Goodman and said he always felt there was always a spot in the NBA for a quality big

• @Zabudda said in Hunter:

@jayballer67 said in Hunter:

What do we think?

If Dickinson was an NBA caliber player, he’d already be in the NBA. 25 years ago and he’d be a top 3 pick because his lack of athleticism wouldn’t be a big issue. Now, it’s the reason he’ll never be an NBA player and will make his living playing around the world instead. It’s not a bad trade off, but the money is nowhere near what it is in the NBA. I would say more likely than not, HD is playing in Lawrence next season because he’ll make more in NIL than any other option he’ll have.

• KU can’t afford to have Hunter on the bench with fouls in Ames. Hunter has got to stop reaching in for steals. Referees let guards reach in way too much, but when a big guy reaches in to try to steal or strip the ball, it becomes an instant foul. And, Hunter needs to stay vertical with his arms and hands when he’s in the paint. It must be tempting to reach forward to try to block the shot, but Hunter just needs to let his vertically extented arms be his defense. It’s good defense to just make the opponent score over Hunter, rather than have him try to block every shot.

• @stoptheflop

I know a few weeks back Self was looking for more rim protection from Hunter. He’s not getting a fair whistle on either end. A few of his fouls in the Monday game were caused by others not doing their job- believe Furphy was responsible for 1 or 2 of his fouls. Agreed, he has to play big minutes. ISU has 4 athletic dudes to throw at him

• I think our whole team will have to watch our fouls! Lipsey gets a lot of screens set for him and they clear out a side and he goes 🏀🏀 to wall. Juan, Kevin and furphy can’t be out of position and reaching, besides Hunter. Let’s hope pollard isn’t there! And please no Fran! 🙏

• @stoptheflop said in Hunter:

KU can’t afford to have Hunter on the bench with fouls in Ames. Hunter has got to stop reaching in for steals. Referees let guards reach in way too much, but when a big guy reaches in to try to steal or strip the ball, it becomes an instant foul. And, Hunter needs to stay vertical with his arms and hands when he’s in the paint. It must be tempting to reach forward to try to block the shot, but Hunter just needs to let his vertically extented arms be his defense. It’s good defense to just make the opponent score over Hunter, rather than have him try to block every shot.

I have a theory on Hunter’s reach-in steals… He wants to come out of the game for a breather!

• @Crimsonorblue22 Game is on CBS so no worries about Fran!

• We haven’t had him! I still wonder if it’s cause we all got on him about him calling out that flagrant 1 call and he said Hunter traveled too. Think he needs to stay impartial. We shall see! He sure knows we don’t care for him!

• @Crimsonorblue22 I think it’s just that we’ve had more ESPN plus games of late and Fran isn’t usually on those.

• @benshawks08 he’s to good for +? A lot of big 12 on those games.

• @Crimsonorblue22 Pretty sure it’s Bilas then Fran when it comes to pecking order to get big 12 games for ESPN. Bilas is usually more of the ACC guy but will pop in for the BIG games in the Big 12. At least that’s how it has seemed. I have no actual knowledge of the process for who gets what games. The ESPN plus announces almost always seem like back ups though I think I remember Bilas taking an ESPN plus game because it was KU vs. some other top 10ish team at Allen. I may have also hallucinated that.

• @benshawks08 you r right. It was just recently. That’s what made me wonder.