Terrence Shannon arrested

• Sexual assault which happened in Lawrence in September. This is a bombshell.

• Are he and Kevin friends? They were teammates of course. Why was he in Lawrence in September? Article on ESPN says in town for the football game between us and them. Illini played him knowing he was being investigated for this.

Innocent til proven guilty I understand.

This makes me sick.

• @wissox said in Terrence Shannon arrested:

Are he and Kevin friends? They were teammates of course. Why was he in Lawrence in September? Article on ESPN says in town for the football game between us and them. Illini played him knowing he was being investigated for this.

Innocent til proven guilty I understand.

This makes me sick.

WOW it just never stops with these kids. what the hell is a matter with these guys. Some of them in good with women or so they think because HEY I’ deserve to have what I want. - -another alleged sexual attack on a woman. I am not really sure aout Kevin & himbeing friends or not but wouldn’t know , it’s beyond sick bud.- - Like you said Alleged right now hasn’t played out but still just not a good look

• He and Kevin are close friends. Doubt Kevin has anything to do with this.

• He’s up for all American too, right?

• I’m pretty sure they’re good friends, remembering last yr when Kevin saw him at tech. Ugh. Who’d he stay with, 🤮?

• This was just a lil after Morris’s charge. Surely we stayed clear!

• @Crimsonorblue22 said in Terrence Shannon arrested:

This was just a lil after Morris’s charge. Surely we stayed clear!

I don’t think there is even a smidgen wrong with this for us in this, were good

• @Crimsonorblue22 His was in August, this happened in September…allegedly.

• oh my, what an idiot. If true, rot.

• I hope he wasn’t staying in McCarthy and hanging w/Kevin.

• They scrolled across the bottom of ESPN alleged rape in Sept. ---- -isn’t that the same time with whats his name? — Morris

• Illinois made a poster 2 days prior to the arrest showing him with the meaning no one ever wants taken in a negative light. “The scariest thing in college basketball”

• When it comes to financial matters causing these kids to do things, we talk about the system being a problem, but when it comes to rape charges, we tend to debate the kids character and don’t talk about the culture that creates these situations.

We talk about how kids might stay in school because they “will never again have the college experience” once they leave school and start a pro career, but we don’t talk about how the “college experience” for these kids includes girls throwing themselves at them, and having to navigate that situation constantly.

I’m not justifying anything anyone did; I have no idea what anyone did. But, this is what I think about when rape charges come up.

• Heard he was sitting with Hunter at that KU football game.

• @wissox heard that from where? Kinda weird.

• @Crimsonorblue22 A good friend told me on good authority that it was true. Didn’t cite the source.

• @approxinfinity Culture on both sides is a huge issue in something like this. Raising both men and women to make better decisions. We all went to college or spent time at college parties with women that spent more time with their clothes off rather than on after consuming alcohol. There is a reason why NBA and NFL rookie orientation go over watching out for women whom want to get knocked up or make fake sexual assaults. Obviously we don’t know enough about this case to pass any accurate judgement at this point. Society has to do better on all fronts to help prevent such from happening.

• Should we also start questioning Kevin for rooming with him at Tech and question why he’s still close with him? Tbh that’s just unfair and uncalled for but that’s my 2 cents.

I haven’t read why Shannon is in the situation he is in but i will. I haven’t heard of him being an off the court issue prior to this now very public suspension. Perhaps I don’t recall any issues but maybe there are. Being suspended for what he is facing is a bad road if true. Illinois already has more balls then Alabama last year who had a star player be connected to killing someone and didn’t turn an eye. It’s crazy that so much crazy stuff has happened where I forgot about that whole situation.

@approxinfinity

Interesting point of view there. Shannon is not a young kid from a college experience, he’s probably 22-23 at this point so I’m not really sure he gets sympathy at this point on navigating the college experience. He should simply know better from a right vs wrong perspective. He’s been a star player his entire career.

I think your perspective definitely has merit as far as the culture that’s created around star athletes and the situations that can arise. Just not sure Terrance is covered under it at this point. Interested to hear your take though

• @BeddieKU23 spot on, why does it make a darn if he sat with Hunter at the football game or was roommates with Kevin 2 years ago? That makes them bad people because they know him or were buddies? Guys never been in trouble to this point that we have knowledge of, not sounding like this is a common occurrence. The other thing and the most important, we have zero idea if he’s guilty at this time.

• @kjayhawks @BeddieKU23 No it doesn’t make Hunter bad. For the record I’m not the only one with concerns about Kevins relationship with him. I know this sounds bad, but I don’t want our season to get ruined by somehow Kevin being involved. I’ve not heard anything saying he was. But Kevin being the most obvious (at least to us) connection to Shannon and Lawrence it’s at least worth discussing.

• Makes you wonder who the witness is…praying it’s not a member of our hoops team.

“The woman is not named, but multiple law enforcement officers and another unnamed individual are listed as witnesses.”

• We have such a black eye on our program, I don’t want this associated with KU!

• @BeddieKU23 I was thinking more about it after i posted and i went the opposite direction of your reasoning. Shannon is a professional athlete making a pile of money, the difference between his world and the world other students live in is stark. Staying in college doesnt appear to be the best thing for him. There are probably a lot of athletes who need to not be at college any more when they are 23.

The more we incentivize getting rich star treatment for 4 years at school the more this might happen?

• @wissox

If this somehow gets connected to the basketball program then yeah you told me from the beginning that this was a concern. I didn’t see that point of view when posting but now I can understand why there is something to talk about. I hope this is nothing but Shannon’s problem.

Between this and the Morris situation what is going on in Lawrence…

• @approxinfinity

The NIL era is ushering lots of potential issues and concerns. The money some players are getting puts them in a different league of their own.

• @Crimsonorblue22 said in Terrence Shannon arrested:

We have such a black eye on our program, I don’t want this associated with KU!

I just ran across a Illinois Podcast with the Ad addressing the issue about Shannon and the one thing for sure he was asked and got mentioned that it was his understanding it was just Shannon’s involvement in the incident

• I just wanted to say if you wanted to hear more about this incident go to you tube and Illinois did a press conference with the Illinois AD on it. – Pretty decent, reporters asking him questions.

I dunno I mean he kept saying a lot about how limited the information was coming back that they had requested from the Lawerence Police Dept, almost like he was trying to say that the University was not getting any cooperation from the Lawrence PD… He did say that in Sept I believe that the Lawrenc Police contacted the University that they were interested in doing an interview with Terrance.

Illinois people said Terrance was cooperative disclosing his events while in Lawrence , he was forth coming Terrance said he traveled to Lawrence to watch the Illinois/KU football game They said they received information that this supposedly took place at a bar in public , learned that this had to do with inappropriate touching had occurred. Again when reporters asked he said this was only Terrance involved. . The Illinois AD said that on Dec 5th was the first time that they had seen the document listing what had been filed. - -Lawrence PD issued an arrest warrant Wednesday Afternoon, and Illinois transported Terrance to Lawrence he was processed - -posted bail and return to Illinois later Thursday like by Thursday afternoon.

Now I was reading posters comments go on while the AD was talking also and from what many said was that the whole thing for the inappropriate touching Was Terrance taking his fingers and sliding them -ya you know where - now guys this is just what these posters are saying, but I guess IF again IF THAT was true then ya I guess that would for sure be considered inappropriate touching this is just yaking from others, not sure how they would of known that but anyway.

Some of the Illinois posters remarks were just ridiculous - -saying sue the whole state of Kansas , others saying Bill Self was behind this , and other crazy crap , you get the chance you ought to check the podcast out. the Illinois Ad name isJosh Whitman it mentions the podcast with him on you tube - -the charge is Level 1 rape. - check it out.

• Vernon says no KU players associated with Shannon’s mess.

• @BeddieKU23 said in Terrence Shannon arrested:

Vernon says no KU players associated with Shannon’s mess.

exactly , we are fine in this

• @BeddieKU23 Relief.

• @jayballer67 I wonder if those Illinois fans are aware there are quite a few rapes in that state, too…

• I feel no relief, some douchebag basketball “star” that I’ve never heard of came on campus a raped a girl. Until he is cleared or jailed there is no relief.

I don’t care how much money you do or don’t have, money is no excuse for not knowing how to be a decent human being. No means no, you can rape your own wife for fucks sake, consent is not forever. Why they allow these “men” to retain their junk outside of confinement is beyond me. If found guilty, I’ve got a razor blade and some iodine - works well on calves.

• @mayjay said in Terrence Shannon arrested:

@jayballer67 I wonder if those Illinois fans are aware there are quite a few rapes in that state, too…

So true, I just found it ummm interesting that they wanted to sue the whole state of Kansas and Bill Self was behind this lmao - - WTF ?- are they really that thick ?. - -I know this their AD sure made it a point almost like he couldn’t emphasize enough about the lac of cooperation between them and the LPD - -geez , sure seemed like the way he was trying to bring it across

• @dylans It’s easy to take an emotionally charged issues like rape, demonize the perp, mix ourselves into the equation with a “what I would do” espousing a corporal zero tolerance policy, and come away feeling self-righteous.

The hard road is to actually figure out how to fix the problem.

That requires looking at the problem systemically.

But maybe we’re as likely to fix it systemically as we are lopping people’s junk off. 🤷♂ nevermind.

• @dylans said in Terrence Shannon arrested:

I feel no relief, some douchebag basketball “star” that I’ve never heard of came on campus a raped a girl. Until he is cleared or jailed there is no relief.

I don’t care how much money you do or don’t have, money is no excuse for not knowing how to be a decent human being. No means no, you can rape your own wife for fucks sake, consent is not forever. Why they allow these “men” to retain their junk outside of confinement is beyond me. If found guilty, I’ve got a razor blade and some iodine - works well on calves.

I for sure understand what your saying and not trying to differ or excuses by any means cause no matter it would by law still constitute the meaning of rape but supposedly by what posters at this meeting, they were saying this happened in the middle of the day in a bar and supposedly his junk was confined and he was using fingers. - No excuses still considered rape – Level 1 . Something about this woman believing Shannon was a football player – what the hell that has to do with anything, I sure the hell don’t understand. They said with that he had given her false information - -false representation to her - have no idea what that has to do with anything but - - - -

Now here is a question I have , just saying. - -If this took place in a bar in Lawrence in the middle of the day, you know in a college town on game day that place would have a lot of other people there. - If he was doing this to her in the middle of the bar and nobody else stood there and DID NOTHING to help her when they could see what was happening ? You can’t tell me someone couldn’t see any kind of struggle ? - or hhearing her possibly telling him NO ? - are you kidding? - -just sayin

• @approxinfinity That would require parenting the youth. Something our generation is doing a shit job of. I’m not worried about my boys making the right decisions. Are you? If not then you’re doing something right.

I believe it was Evander Holyfield that was asked what he would do if something like that happened to one of his daughters. He replied I raised my girls to not get in those situations because I don’t want to go to jail for killing a guy.

I’d be all for to castrating any forceful rapist though. Seems like it would prevent quiet a few future problems. It’s not a knee jerk reaction rape should be intolerable. I am dead consistent on this. Had the same response for Morris, but add in disgust for KU as well. That pos impacted my respect for Bill Self and KU in general greatly.

• @jayballer67 Mary Jane rotten crotch can be just a culpable. My understanding was it was a forceful encounter. If that’s not the case then I stand corrected.

• @dylans it takes a village, right? the problem is deeper than “some parents are shit” as well. That still doesnt solve the problem.

• A sad part in this will be the victim of the rape or sexual assault will have to go through being humiliated during the trial if there is one.

• Wow, this thread took a turn! We’ve locked up lesser threads…

The incident happened at a bar apparently. “Inappropriate touching.”

Whitman said communication sent in late September by the Lawrence Police Department to the university police indicated that Shannon was involved in an incident in a bar in Lawrence, Kansas, on Sept. 9 that alleged the inappropriate touching of a woman.

• @dylans said in Terrence Shannon arrested:

@jayballer67 Mary Jane rotten crotch can be just a culpable. My understanding was it was a forceful encounter. If that’s not the case then I stand corrected.

i agreed, all I said was that it was in the middle of the bar middle of the day, and he used his fingers - -STILL RAPE if true, but his as you said junk was confined, would of been nice if you might be one who could answer, the question I asked in this ,- - - if this actually happened in the middle of the day on game day Ku/lli why SOMEONE didn’t help Mary Jane rotten crotch as you put it - -they all just stand around and say - -oh well good thing at least it’s not me. That’s part of a HUGE PROBLEM in our society today, John Q Public see’s this kind of shit going on BUT YET- -these idiots don’t want to get involved they would rather just look the other way which is total BS

• Alright, are we done talking about Terrence Shannon?

• All college kids should be forced into a behavioral orientation class in their first semester. It won’t completely cure the problem, but it could help.

• I saw the charges(2) assault and rape

• @drgnslayr I’m pretty sure the athletic Dept covers stuff like that.

• @Crimsonorblue22

I’m sure they mention things… but I’m talking about an entire semester class where it goes deep into the subject. These kids are often ruining their lives and their victims!

• @drgnslayr definitely would’ve skipped that one