Beat KState! Beat KState!

• Guess Jason wasn’t as good physically as the smoke they was blowin up our ass

• @nuleafjhawk True, if you’re not sure of the play. They’re on the 10-20 or so, late first half, 4th down. We get a stop and a half hour later a flag comes out, PI. They get 1st down, score a TD. It was a huge call. Coulda been a difference maker.

• So. Damn. Frustrating!

• @Gorilla72 for sure, laying in bed my wife says you never ate dinner because you were watching the game. Just don’t feel like eating after that one.

• Damn special teams has basically cost KU the OSU game, the ISU game, and tonight amd not just the FG unit although they get the biggest share of blame/grief. Also, Trevor Fucking Wilson with at least his third punt that he’s muffed and given away. KSU’s go ahead score came on the possession Wilson fucked up again on a punt. He should not be allowed to return a punt ever again in a KU uniform. Keep Grimm back there like they’ve done every other time Wilson coughs one up.

KU is close, but they have to clean up special teams to take the next step to be challengers in the Big 12, which they could easily do next year with a reliable kicking game and a returning who doesn’t fumble punts with regularity.

KU’s special teams unit is the reason why KU is currently 7-4 instead of 10-1 right now so that’s got to be at the top of the priority list of things for Leipold to focus on this spring.

• Really was hoping the streak would be broken tonight. 15 years is insane.

We are close, but not there yet.

• Holy shit turds. Just done watching DVR’d game. What a tragic loss. Sad.

We just tossed that game out the window, handed them the win.

I haven’t read the thread, but I imagine the culprits have been covered.

I’m still steamed at that missed pick 6 that could have maybe iced it. Wow.

• Kansas state football is posting pictures all over our field smh. Was an absolute embarrassment last night and still is this morning.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 I think missed tackles were the biggest problem.

• @mayjay said in Beat KState! Beat KState!:

@Texas-Hawk-10 I think missed tackles were the biggest problem.

A problem yes, but that blocked PAT and Wislon fumble are the difference in the score last night.

If KU makes that kick, it’s 14-7 KU instead of 13-9. That blocked PAT is also why KSU went for 2 later on when they scored after Wilson’s fumbled punt to make the game 27-22 and that successful conversion made it 27-24. There was not a made or even attempted FG by either team last night despite the score. Each team scored 4 TD’s and that was it so it should have been a game going into OT tied at 28 instead of a 31-27 KSU win. Special teams miscues directly led to 10 KSU points last night. 2 from the blocked PAT they returned and 8 from the TD and 2 point conversion after Wilson’s fumbled punt return.

Last night was basically a replay of the Oklahoma St. game with special teams taking points off the board for KU and being the difference in the score.

• Lance said postgame that Bean was available to play but he thought it was best to go with Ballard. This is a headscratcher.

• I want to beat these guys so bad.

Next year cannot come soon enough.

While this loss hurts, I am encouraged about the future.

We will beat the streak in 2024.

• The fact that KU football is nationally relevant in November still fills me with awe. Winner’s perception has not set in. KU football has brought me nothing but happiness this season. I might be scared to get more deeply invested. Nice playing with house money as long as possible

• @approxinfinity

If we win out we might get a pretty decent bowl game I hope.

• This loss is like stepping in dog shit in your new shoes.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in Beat KState! Beat KState!:

@mayjay said in Beat KState! Beat KState!:

@Texas-Hawk-10 I think missed tackles were the biggest problem.

A problem yes, but that blocked PAT and Wislon fumble are the difference in the score last night.

If KU makes that kick, it’s 14-7 KU instead of 13-9. That blocked PAT is also why KSU went for 2 later on when they scored after Wilson’s fumbled punt to make the game 27-22 and that successful conversion made it 27-24. There was not a made or even attempted FG by either team last night despite the score. Each team scored 4 TD’s and that was it so it should have been a game going into OT tied at 28 instead of a 31-27 KSU win. Special teams miscues directly led to 10 KSU points last night. 2 from the blocked PAT they returned and 8 from the TD and 2 point conversion after Wilson’s fumbled punt return.

Last night was basically a replay of the Oklahoma St. game with special teams taking points off the board for KU and being the difference in the score.

I had the order mixed up, Wilson’s fumbled led to the go ahead score. Miller’s dropped pick 6 led to the TD and 2 point conversion.

• Real talk it’s the worst loss in a long time for this program. I’m confused as to why Bean didn’t play but with special team’s mistakes and defenses missed opportunities. Not sure it makes a difference guess will never know

• @AsadZ We do play them every year for sure. I’ll be honest, the Johnson kid they got scares the crap outta me, he already as good as Howard. My heart hurts for Jason and how much he had put into this program. My guess is he didn’t practice much or well this week.

• @Zabudda said in Beat KState! Beat KState!:

@approxinfinity

If we win out we might get a pretty decent bowl game I hope.

We STILL got a chance for the Season to go 9-4 - -that would be Cinn win & winning the bowl game pretty dam good

• @dylans and then licking them clean

• @kjayhawks believe LL said in presser that it dealt with practice reps and etc. Makes some sense. I think Ballard did a fine job overall and was not the difference as far as losing goes. 2 or 3 huge mistakes obviously make the game alot different. Nothing bigger than the dropped pick 6. That should have been all but the nail in the coffin

• I’ve been pretty impressed with Ballard for the most part. He made some youthful mistakes yesterday for sure, but the future looks bright. It was late last night when I had a chance to watch, so I may have fast forwarded over his interceptions. Seems confident, poised. Were the picks his fault?

• @rockchalkjayhawk Ballard played good enough to win IMO. The first pick was a silly throw, second pick Re watching it, he should tried to run but really didn’t have a ton of great options on that play call.

• We don’t lose w/Bean.