Jalon Daniels health

• @Crimsonorblue22 said in Jalon Daniels health:

I think 🫘 plays. Hope they don’t send him up the gut. It’s sr night and coach did say after the game he was already feeling better. He said head injury but never said concussion protocol. I don’t think he would’ve been taking snaps on tues if he had a concussion. JMO.

Kindda what I was thinking. Exactly, they neve came out and said concussion, I just don’t think he would be an option at all if that was the case

• Should Daniels take medical redshirt for two-year eligibility?

• @AsadZ he won’t need to take a medical. He has his run of the mill redshirt left, and he’ll use that. But he fully intends to go pro after next year.

• Bean has been announced as a game time decision at the moment. Hope he can go today, I think our chances are slim but if Bean is out. I see no chance of a good guy win.

• @kjayhawks said in Jalon Daniels health:

Bean has been announced as a game time decision at the moment. Hope he can go today, I think our chances are slim but if Bean is out. I see no chance of a good guy win.

I just think he will play, hope it turns out to be a great day. - the thing I worry about is their run game

• @FarmerJayhawk I hope the NFL has better back doctors than we do.

• @nuleafjhawk I’d be shocked if Jalon played a down in the NFL. If he even makes it to the league it’s as an undrafted player most likely. He doesn’t fit the mold and is too injury prone to waste a draft pick on.

• He has t made it thru a season here, I’m honestly worried we take a step back next season.

• @dylans agreed

• If he stays healthy though…KU wins some big games.

• @dylans someone, somewhere said that past behavior is the best predictor of future success. (Something like that)

I want to believe. But he’s never been healthy as a Jayhawk so I can’t assume that he will be healthy next year.

• LL May roll the dice with this year’s freshman QB, with JD as backup? Kid looked pretty good and with another year?

• I don’t think Jalin is at this point a viable option to stake your season on. He’s shown this. It’s either a sad scenario beyond anyone’s control, or he’s just soft. I don’t know which. But either isn’t what we need

• @cragarhawk said in Jalon Daniels health:

I don’t think Jalin is at this point a viable option to stake your season on. He’s shown this. It’s either a sad scenario beyond anyone’s control, or he’s just soft. I don’t know which. But either isn’t what we need

If it’s back problems which has been said then - - - NO Jalen is not soft. - -Like I have stated myself having gone through what he is quite possibly going through , that injury is no joke.

Not exactly sure what is wrong in his back but like with mine having a pinched cyatic nerve , if he does I know from experience is a bitch. - -It can go all the way from you butt, around down to the knee cap or all the way to your foot and believe me it hurts like a bitch. -It took me like an half hour just to be able to get my shoe’s on. - you can’t sit down - -you can’t stand up - -hard to lay down , just incredible pain. --Or if he might of slip a disc or might have degenerative disc’s then he is in a world of hurt too.

I’ve had three major back surgeries I’ve had my back phused , I have titanium screws in my back - - -I have spaces put in on both sides & now they have told me they can’t go any higher in my back and if it flares up again I will have to go to a Neuro surgeon. -Not saying Jalen has ANY of this , BUT if it is back related in anyway or partly like mine then I know for sure how he feels and it just takes time to heal AFTER surgery. The Dr’s told me that they couldn’t totally fix the problem but they was just trying to make it more tolerable- - Could be Jalen might be in a some what similar situation - if he is beleive me - - he IS NOT SOFT

• @jayballer67 Some people think that players are soft if they have any physical issue less than decapitation.

• @mayjay The Black Knight from Monty Python and The Holy Grail is my ultimate QB. TOUGH.

• @nuleafjhawk Tis but a scratch.

• @mayjay said in Jalon Daniels health:

@jayballer67 Some people think that players are soft if they have any physical issue less than decapitation.

lol, I understand that. there are times I think I’d be better off that way -Jalon probably thinks so too

• @mayjay For the record, I don’t think he’s soft at all. Just hurt.

• I think now would be an appropriate time to ask. Does anybody have any insight into who will be our backup QB next year? Whoever it is could be the key to our season

• @Jhawk69 said in Jalon Daniels health:

I think now would be an appropriate time to ask. Does anybody have any insight into who will be our backup QB next year? Whoever it is could be the key to our season

Cole Ballard or Isaiah Marshall

• I think from what I’ve heard/ read on different articles , watched several pod casts , so called experts analysts, watched game film/tape and say I would say Marshal will end up being our QB.

Just a Daniels 2.0 there are many that can’t give this ki enough praise good solid arm , can run dual threat, think he won MVP in the title game he played highest class when you look at who was recruiting him — big get for the Hawks. think he will be just fine. - -Coach L going to have a task net season , we may take a step back with what w are losing- -our top receiving core - -starting Qb— -starting RB-- not only starting Qb , RB-- our 2 best CB’S-- Coach L going to really have work cut out for him next Season. I think w have 30 SR’S we losing- -yet I think he gets it done.

• If you are Jeff Grimes, do you let Jalon run the ball? I’m 100% comfortable letting Jalon sit in the pocket or maybe roll out a couple of times, but I don’t see any reason for him to run QB keepers against the Mighty Lions. Let our great RBs carry the rock and let Jalon work on the timing with our great receivers, please. But, I keep hearing others say that Jalon needs to eat up yards on the ground and by air to enhance his Heisman hopes and NFL prospects.

• @stoptheflop he’ll run or throw it away. It’s just him

• Technical difficulties