Introducing a new board rat...jayhawkbychoice

• Hello everybody!

As a fellow Jayhawk fan, I have been following and enjoying all of you guys for the better part of 2 years. After reading all the post last week about the user base I decided to come out of the shadows and hopefully join your community.

First of all, thank you to all of you guys who have created and contributed to this website. This has to be the most knowledgeable collection of basketball minds in the world. Every time I click on KU Buckets I feel like I’m stepping into a room full of friends.

Let me share with everyone my background and “Jayhawk story”. First of all I’m not a KU alum, in fact, I’m not an alum at all.(except the school of hard knocks maybe) I grew up in southern Missouri and there was no college sports to watch in my house. Coming out of high school there was no colleges knocking on my door, and there was no money for me to go knocking on theirs. I moved to Kansas City in the fall of 99 and as a bored 18 year old (probably suffering from culture shock) I turned on my 13" TV to flip through my 5 channels, and was amazed when I watched my first Jayhawk game. That was the most entertaining basketball team I had ever seen at the time. I was hooked from that moment on. I have followed Jayhawk basketball ever since and have tried to submerse myself in Jayhawk basketball history. The history of Jayhawk basketball is truly the greatest story in sports. Two years ago I found you guys, first on the old site and followed you to here. I’m now a fan of all of you. I have read your words almost everyday and am very thankful to all of you that post on here.

Now I ask all of you guys to please accept me into your community and I hope that I can contribute at least a fraction of the enjoyment that I have received from all the posters here. Please be patient with me as figure out how to use this wonderful site (I’ve never posted anywhere before) and please excuse me if I’m a little star struck when communicating with all of you, as I have become such a huge fan of you guys!

Rock Chalk! jayhawkbychoice

PS: If I’m using an avatar that someone else is using, please let know and I’ll change it.

• This post is deleted!

• @jayhawkbychoice

Let me be the first to say “welcome!” Great to have you here, friend.

• @Crimsonorblue22

One minute you beat me, argh!!! I knew I shouldn’t have kept rewriting my second sentence…

• @VailHawk now you are good!

• @jayhawkbychoice let me be the 2nd to welcome you!!!

• @Crimsonorblue22 Thx man you’re the best!!!

• @Crimsonorblue22 and @VailHawk Thanks guys, extremely proud to be here.

1st or 2nd, doesn’t matter. I’m sure the first time everyone replies to me it’s going to be like getting an autograph or something. I’m just a huge fan of all the posters on here.

• Don’t let the facade of Kansas basketball fool you.

We are a front organization for aliens from an exo-planet called Mas Hoopahs.

We are researching primitive oligopolistic competition between producers of hydrocarbon based foot covers you humans call adidas and Nikes.

We have George Raveling in a green tractor beam being lifted right now up to our mother ship.

We are personally responsible for the seed monies for X-Files and House of Cards and the Today Show.

Keep our secret and you may surf here as long as you like.

Betray us and the ghost of Sterling Hayden will drain your bodily fluids.

(Note: all fiction. No malice. And welcome.)

• @jaybate-1.0

Since you’re the real life inspiration for house of cards…can you get them to hurry up and release season 3 already!!!

• @jaybate-1.0 Thanks. No betrayal from me.

I have to tell you, your post several months ago about Mario Chalmers (one of my favorite Jayhawks) comparing him to Dennis Rodman was great! I printed it out and hung it up in my office at work. And your analysis of the “slide off spots offense” really opened my eyes more to the game and what I was seeing. I spent the next week after that trying to explain it to anyone who would listen.

Truly an honor!

• @VailHawk

Ribs at Freddies? 🙂

• @jayhawkbychoice

Thx, but I am just the resident doddering old fool around here now.

The torch has been passed and if you’ve been reading for a few years, then you know the usual suspects one needs to round up to be an informed Jayhawk fan these days.

Rock Chalk!

• @jaybate-1.0 Yeah I know the usual suspects, but too many to try to list. Plus I’m afraid to leave someone out.

Doddering or not, much wisdom under that satire.

Forgot to mention, I really enjoyed the Eisenhower and Patton post as well.

• @jayhawkbychoice

Let’s win 40!

• Banned

Welcome aboard. Don’t be to in Awe, ok some of these Jayhawks (was going to say cats but that just didn’t seem right 😉 ) are pretty cool. Just speak your mind. Some will beat you up and some will rush to defend you. In the end it all makes for interesting conversation.

• @DoubleDD

Thanks. You’re one of the cool ones too. Beat me up, defend me, I don’t care. I’m just glad to be here.

• @jayhawkbychoice

Welcome to the discussions!

• @jayhawkbychoice

Welcome to the Forum; it is always nice to hear from Missourians that appreciate good basketball. Please post away, it would be interesting to hear your perspective. At times discussion get a little heated but always respectful; I am sure you already know this is one of the more civilized forums around. Again welcome.

• @jayhawkbychoice

Welcome to the board. Drinks are in the fridge, food is in the cabinets, help yourself.

Try not to spill anything. @approxinfinity and the crew keep things pretty sharp here, so we try to take care of the place.

Have fun and enjoy the banter. Don’t be a stranger. Go Hawks.

• @jayhawkbychoice Welcome … Your story is much like mine … a Long time reader of KUBuckets but just a few Posts.

I take it all in and run it through my “fine strainer” and absorb “most” of the material. Needless to say, there are a lot of “Great People / Posters” on this site. I’m NOT ONE of those and even sometimes I cross the line! Thanks to “Approx” for “slapping my wrists” … as I’m still learning how to behave and that is at the age of 80+ years young. I would never have Thunk It was possible !!!

“Enjoy the ride Jayhawk-By-1st-Choice” … .

• @bskeet , @JayHawkFanToo , @justanotherfan , @RedRooster Thanks guys, glad to be here. I’ve always enjoyed your post.

@JayHawkFanToo I got tell you, your signature line has cracked me up for a long time. I’ve pulled that out in many a conversations and it always gets a laugh!

@justanotherfan You’re exactly right about @approxinfinity and crew. Can’t wait to hear from them. Although I don’t have the words to thank them enough for giving us a place to do this.

• @RedRooster

“Needless to say, there are a lot of “Great People / Posters” on this site.”

My thoughts precisely. This is my chance to give them their “George Bailey moment”, a chance to see the difference they make in the daily lives of people like you and me. I can’t imagine how many people are out there like us who read and enjoy this site and never let themselves be known.

• Welcome aboard! Prepare to be enraged, challenged and entertained. Sounds like a UFC match, huh? I’ve been on other sports sites and nothing compares to this one. It’s a bunch of intelligent, sincere, fun, funny die-hard Jayhawk fans and alum and I spend WAY too much time on this site because I love it!!

• Ahh!!! @nuleafjhawk replied to me!!! Thanks man! You have no idea how many times you put a smile on my face and helped me get through some bad days with your awesome humor and wit. You’re definitely one of my favorites here.

• @jayhawkbychoice he is the crazy one! Always entertaining!

• @Crimsonorblue22 No doubt!

BTW love your avatar. Great picture of TRob!

• @jayhawkbychoice Welcome !! Great time to acknowledge the legacy of hoops with Late Night only 4 weeks away !!! Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick…

• @globaljaybird Thanks. And many thanks for all the post over the years!

This site helps pass the time until Late Night, but I dread the weeks between Late Night and the first game of the season. Much anticipation!

Love the signature line! I’ve got to come up something clever for mine.

• @jayhawkbychoice Thank you !! You just put a smile on my face!

But, you may want to raise your standards…

• @jayhawkbychoice The weeks prior to startup introduce great anticipation & more desirable & greater content relevant to KUBB & not so much rambling from us old fogeys. There literally are countless members with far superior game knowledge than many who post just to say something, rather than having something relevant to say. Hello, kinda rings the bell, huh?

• Welcome, from the least knowledgeable (me) of the most knowledgeable fan base in the world of sports. I’m glad you were able to avoid being stained by the darkness of a Missouri upbringing and see the KU light.

• @wissoxfan83 this is a lie!!!

• @wissoxfan83 Thanks, I may give you some competition as the least knowledgeable fan. HAHA

• @jayhawkbychoice welcome aboard! I love these kinds of threads. Thanks for sharing your back story. I too am a Jayhawk by choice inherited through my wife. I always root for the good guys. Usually that means rooting for the underdogs. In the case of KU and Self, the good guys are also the establishment. And it’s tremendous to not feel conflicted rooting for a winner.

Glad to have you here!

• @approxinfinity Thanks, glad to be here.

I have to tell you, I don’t have the words to thank you for all that you do and have done to create and keep this site going.

BTW my computer skills are mediocre at best, so I may be bothering you if I can’t figure something out. Sorry in advance.

• @approxinfinity “I too am a Jayhawk by choice inherited through my wife.”

I love your wife… you know what I mean !

• welcome to the fold “choice”.

This is my favorite site, bar none. This board is great year-round which really helps me keep informed (I live in Texas.). Luckily its Friday Night Lights season down here so I have a distraction to get me through a few months before the season starts. And yes, I’m a total old fogey guy too.

• @JayhawkRock78

Thanks for the welcome. Glad to be here. This is by far my favorite site as well.

I like old fogey guys, I hope to live long enough to one too! 🙂

• @JayhawkRock78

You know I love you but I have to tell my favorite Texas joke, again.

“Remember the first time K-State played in the Cotton Bowl in the 90’s…and they took like 30,000 fans to the game? Interesting fact, it raised the IQ level of both states!”

• Vailhawk That’s pretty funny. My kids were born here, but I am not a texas native. We moved to SoCal when they were infants and moved back here just before they started middle school and they both consider themselves Californians-mostly because we were walking distance from the beach and were in the water most weekends. None the less I raised them to be Jayhawk fans. RCJH.

• Banned

The clap is very important. 😉

• @JayhawkRock78 Sounds like you’re a great father! My sister lives in Dallas and I lived in SoCal prior to moving to Colorado. Low humidity is high on my criteria!

• So you’ve lived in two of the sunniest and low humidity spots in the US (and planet for that matter.) we are almost done with the summer here (and boy does, summer here suck), but the next 6 months are just great weather wise.

• Let me add my voice to the chorus… I just finished your post on the PG situation. I am impressed by your thinking and the way you present your ideas in words. Your post brought out a lot of good back and forth from other posters, and that is always a good sign. KUBuckets is such a good site because of thoughtful posters like you. Thanks for your efforts.

• @Careful-you Thanks for the kind words. I love this site and more importantly, the people on it. I, in no way compare myself to some of the posters here. I can only hope to pick up some the knowledge they drop behind. But, I’ll try my best. 😉

I just finished another post that is meant to be funny. And I’ll probably post another about our post play for next year and another on some coaching issues. Check them out and hope you join in the fray.

• Well my first week of posting is in the books. I want to say thank you to everybody who viewed, posted, up voted, and most all engaged with me. You have no idea how great this is for me.(kinda going through a tough time right now) I have looked up to all you guys for a couple of years. Thanks for taking me in and making me feel at home. I hope that I have been an asset to your community.

I actually feel a little pressure to be better at contributing. I have no idea what to talk about next, but I’m something will come to me. Of course some may argue that I had idea what I was talking about this week! 😉

You guys are the best, and I wanted you to know that!

• @jayhawkbychoice YOU are a “Big Time Asset” to this Site. We love your contributions and viewpoints. Enjoy the ride !!

• @RedRooster Thank you sir. Thanks for everything!