And then we have these discussions

• Article from Sports Illustrated yesterday. - -Big 21 and Yormark still in Discussions with Gonzaga, Yormark and other league officials continue discussions with the Zags as well a Gonzaga consulting firm. Yormark also targeting U Conn and having dominant hoop programs on either Coast.

Big 12 meetings this week in WV starting Wedns through Friday will be to focus on Yormarks desire to expand the League to many s 16 teams. Also has been some talks about other possible teams San Diego State and UNLV these teams Gonzaga and others are also possibly contingent on rather or how many teams would joining the big 12 from the Pac 12. - -Things getting interesting

• Colorado and Az look like they’ll be the first to jump to the B12.

• @Jethro said in And then we have these discussions:

Colorado and Az look like they’ll be the first to jump to the B12.

Ya I have to agree with you buddy, Colardo could jump soon. Then Domino’s will start falling in line . Some people still believe but IT IS happening maybe not tomorrow ----- - but IT IS HAPPENING, Colorado wants out, Arizona wants out. They are going to honor and wait and see about the new media deal IF they get one, but it’s not going to matter it’s not going to match up, the you will see things pop.

Another thing too is and people may not want to admit it but think when it’s all sai and done then yes indeed GONZAGA WILL be a part of this new conference in the Basketball aspect. Yormarks wants this too much and just quite possibly U Conn ALSO joins in for Bsaketball purposes could happen, BUT i feel Gonzaga is almost a lock- -U Conn we shall see - -gonna be a different look in the near future for sure.

• Glad you posted this… I saw that article too. Of all the dramas swirling, conference realignment is my weak spot.

I just can’t help ruminating about who will have a seat when the music stops.

• @bskeet said in And then we have these discussions:

Glad you posted this… I saw that article too. Of all the dramas swirling, conference realignment is my weak spot.

I just can’t help ruminating about who will have a seat when the music stops.

I like to try to keep up with this, and on a football side I think chances are REALLY good from everything I’ve seen that three out of the four corner schools on this is almost a Given . - - I think it’s just a mattre of who’s 1st - - -Colorado OR Arizona , Arizona State going to follow Arizona if it’s up to them, - out of the 4 I think Utah is the one that is kinda having the thought they high and mighty and thinks the Big 12 is garbage. - -but it’s gonna happen, not sure who the teams will be BUT it will happen.—On the basketball side it sure looks like it’s getting pretty heady with Gonzaga, so don’t be surprised if they are not added for Basketball purposes too

• Off the Baylor site Sic-em 365. They ha Denis Dodd on and was talking about things really heating up , just to much smoke. He again thinks Colorado will be the 1st to join.

Some information from Big 12 AD’S said they believe when everything tallied up Big 1 Schools will be getting close to 50 Mil. – by the time you add football playoff - NCAA tourney and other the new media contract should be pushing close to 50 Mil per school.

I know some people here have said NO to adding Gonzaga as a School for Basketball they bringing nothing - BUT like Dodds said if the Big 12 ends up with like KU , Baylor , Arizona , And Gonzaga and others they could always break off and have their own separate Basketball media deal-- Don’t see why not - what a Basketball Conference mercy

• Well I see & hear now our expansion of the Big 12 has reached t ESPN. - Article about expansion there. - -Money /League distribution this year comes to right at 44 Million pe, Next year they are looking at 50 Million

They ARE discussion for sure about adding True Basketball powers in the League --Gonzaga & good chance of U Conn.

Thier thought process is this : They want to make move that separates the Big 12 away from all others in the Nation. Thinking what makes the Big 12 different then others ?

They realize , they fuly get that football is the driving force in all this - -they get it and it does make sense, Yormark and other from the league want to Double down in Basketball - -making it even MORE BVIOUS people understanding that the BIG 12 is THE BEST BASKETBALL conference in the Nation. You add Gonzaga - - -U Conn - - Arizona to go along with KU - - Baylor and others. They feel that they could quite possibly be able to Sell their TV basketball seperately from football – selling their tV media rights seperately in Basketball. - Makes a lot of sense , a lot of classic match ups - -it’s coming, we will see

• Yarmark is going for differentiation, which is strategic and wise. And Basketball is a great feature of the B12 to build.

Sure, football is the driver today… But given the growth of interest for basketball worldwide — the talent comes from nearly every continent on the planet now — and the continuing popularity of the NCAA tournament (which is really the crown jewel event of college athletics), it’s not hard to see how this feature could have growing value to a network in the years to come.

If Yarmark is prescient, he’ll have set up this conference to be much more than just relevant in the next 20 years.

• If he’s right about basketball being ascendent we won’t be long for this league

• Big news: the B12 announced their revenue for each team this year was 44 million dollars. I suspect expansion is coming pretty soon.

• Get Ready , things really heating up. - - Colorado has called a Special Board Meeting for Tomorrow Jun 6th. Executive Session only, A Action Item Executive Session for Regents.

Colorado revised Status, will discuss legal Advice on a specific Athletics matter at CU. Tim Brando was on the program of peek around the Corner which talks College Football & states Hel feels the Big 12 has a Very VERY good chance that the Big 12 will add Colorado , Arizona , Arizona State & Utah making the Big 12 a very very strong power P-5 Conference.

Colorado meeting is scheduled for 3;30-5 tomorrow. - They was kind of using for comparison, in the same mee Discussing Legal advice. Colorado called this meeting and – They say if we see this then keep your eyes open and ears Sharp. - -Colorado following the exact same pattern back in 2010 when they bolted for the Pac 12. - - They called the meeting and then a couple of days later they had another meeting when they had Pac 12 reps there. Still no TV contract for the Pac 12 - you see Colorado come and watch the Domino’s fall

• Just more fire with the Smoke. Coincidence ? - -I think not , just adds up to much. - Colorado having the meeting tomorrow and it just so happens that 3 Executive Board Members landed at DWF today on a private charte jeet from Denver, & our Big 12 Head Quarters are in Irving - - -11 minutes away from the DFW Airport - - - hmmmm , you tell me.

• Well from tee sounds of it BY is giving notice to the PAC 12 Schools, they have until 6/30. Getting tired of these Schools indecision. This is fine with me , as we Don’t need these Schools , we can be fine with what we have. - -Would I like Arizona ? - - sure , but not a necessity - They said they think Colorado has been ready for a couple of weeks but now for some reason feel they need to hold off just a tad.

• This was tweeted out from FitzGerald : -That the Big 12 continues to wait for the PAC 12 to share official media offer BUT also saying that the end of JUN remains the dead line for more immediate membership.

Fitz says he continues to hear that the Big 1 is focused on Arizona , Colorado , U conn , & San Diego State. - -Makes some sense aas far as U conn if we dealing with Basketball side, Cause they for sure would help money wise with The Womens share- -true powerhouse, and men’s pretty decent too.

• And now looks like the domino’s have started to fall. San Diego St has entered what they call - -but yet not call a letter saying as much they are withdrawing from the Mountain West. Like discussion said, you don’t do that unless you’ve been accepted into another conference.- Sooo if they are joining the Pac 12 - -then who is leaving the Pac 12 --long been thought San Diego St replacing Colorado who has been long rumored to be coming back to the Big 12 - -then later you wil see Arizona -you can count on it.

San Diego St entered that letter to the Mountain West but yet asked for a one month extension. The Mountain West said ummmm NO you submitted your withdrawal you wait longer , you pay more.

• I don’t think there’s much to the SDSU deal yet. It was basically a “hey we’re breaking up if this other girl becomes single” letter lol

• @FarmerJayhawk said in And then we have these discussions:

I don’t think there’s much to the SDSU deal yet. It was basically a “hey we’re breaking up if this other girl becomes single” letter lol

they are screwd MW saying you want out - -were not giving you extension, you turned the letter in, we NOT giving you extension, if you go past the 1st of July , your exit fees double. - San Diego St replacing someone and that someone is Colorado. - This Expansion is real, it is going to happen , you can bank on it. Yormark way to Active perusing these Schools, he has been very vocal in this talking about it – it’s just a matter of time - -San Diego State jumped the gun. - - The Pac 12 media deal ( which they have none yet ) - is coming close to BIG 12–these teams gonna bail - Colorado - -Arizona and whoever else. - it’s coming

• Is Yormark considering SDSU? Would be on par with Cincinnati and the rando Florida school that were just added. Personally I’d stay away from any California schools due to their state policies having national ramifications and I wouldn’t want to invite that vampire in - easy to get a vampire in the door, much harder to get it out.

• @dylans said in And then we have these discussions:

Is Yormark considering SDSU? Would be on par with Cincinnati and the rando Florida school that were just added. Personally I’d stay away from any California schools due to their state policies having national ramifications and I wouldn’t want to invite that vampire in - easy to get a vampire in the door, much harder to get it out.

There had been talk, that they had talked to the Big 12. or visa versa, but I think San Diego States preference is the PAC 12. - the whole point on this latest development is that , the general belief is now that # 1 you don’t put in a withdrawal letter from one Conference unless you have been accepted into another Conference. Your not going to do something that stupid with no place to go.

Which leads us to the assumption that the domino’s have now started to fall with this San Diego State move. This is either one of two things - - Either San Diego State has been accepted by the PAC 12 and they ar e replacing someone else already from that league - - someone who is leaving or wants out - - -that being most publicly Colorado & then more likely then not your going to see Arizona follow , OR San Diego State is coming to the Big 12. which there has been talks about.

We should know something for sure by the end of the Mont because if San Diego St isn’t out by the 1st of July their exit fees double . A lot also depends on a PAC 12 media right which they STILL do not have and they or insiders some AD’S are saying won’t come close to matching the Big 12 media deal - The PAC 12 is history. Word is that Oregon & Washinton have been accepted to the BIG but the BIG doesn’t want to be the one’s responsible for the collapse of the PAC -so they wait - one thing for sure – -EXPANSION IS COMING

• @dylans I believe California rescinded those restrictions on state-funded travel to states with, shall we say, less progressive legislation. Wouldn’t be possible for UCLA to move to the Big 10 otherwise.

• SDSU does nothing for the Big 12 and why would UConn want to move to the Big 12 after they fought to leave the AAC to go to the Big East.

If Yormark really wants to get to 16, another Florida school to pair with UCF would make sense. Why not make a run at Florida State because they’re one of the driving forces behind the ACC’s new pay structure and have poked around the ACC’s GoR to try and leave before.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in And then we have these discussions:

SDSU does nothing for the Big 12 and why would UConn want to move to the Big 12 after they fought to leave the AAC to go to the Big East.

If Yormark really wants to get to 16, another Florida school to pair with UCF would make sense. Why not make a run at Florida State because they’re one of the driving forces behind the ACC’s new pay structure and have poked around the ACC’s GoR to try and leave before.

Serious discussions between the Big 12 and U Conn - -more so then Gonzaga. AGAIN YorMark saying that he would like to have total different media deal in /basketball solidifying the Big 12 as the best Basketball conference.— U Conn if w going the Basketball route would 10000 % bring prestige to the big 12. The Women by themselves is HUGE plus the success the men have had would do nothing but add to the dominance of the mens side

• @jayballer67 said in And then we have these discussions:

@Texas-Hawk-10 said in And then we have these discussions:

SDSU does nothing for the Big 12 and why would UConn want to move to the Big 12 after they fought to leave the AAC to go to the Big East.

Serious discussions between the Big 12 and U Conn - -more so then Gonzaga. AGAIN YorMark saying that he would like to have total different media deal in /basketball solidifying the Big 12 as the best Basketball conference.— U Conn if w going the Basketball route would 10000 % bring prestige to the big 12. The Women by themselves is HUGE plus the success the men have had would do nothing but add to the dominance of the mens side

UConn left the AAC in large part because of travel costs for their non-revenue sports. That issue doesn’t get better in the Big 12 with occasional trips to Utah thrown in the mix. All of the talk about UConn to the Big 12 has been one way speculation with nothing that I’m aware of on UConn’s side to show they are interested in moving to the Big 12 after fighting so hard to leave the AAC to rejoin the Big East.

UConn wouldn’t join as basketball only members, their anchor of the football program that only made a bowl game by beating the other crappy independent schools, Liberty was their best won last season. Their football program wouldn’t be far off of what KU was for the last 15 years if they moved into the Big 12.

• @mayjay California is the reason pork producers are going broke nationwide as well. Just prefer to keep them as far away as possible due to the poorly thought out nature of their legislation and its national ramifications well beyond non-important things like sports. But a sports embargo on those morons is a-okay with me.

• I follow this stuff super closely. In general, here’s where I think things stand:

1. SDSU does not have a P5 invite yet. This game of musical chairs is all hinging on the PAC12 media deal negotiations and where that lands. Unfortunately for SDSU they can’t wait much longer. They are coming up on a deadline at the end of June where their conference exit fee basically doubles. They tried to buy more time with their letter but failed. They may just exit and become independent, its a gamble that they eventually get a PAC invite. It seems likely to me that they join the PAC.

2. Yormark has said he wants the conference to span all four time zones. I think he has a list of schools and plans for possible additions. He has stated multiple times that additions need to be additive to the conference and be a fit culturally. I tend to agree that Big 12 should avoid california schools too as @dylans states above but if there was one that might be ok its SDSU, they are the closest aligned culturally i think. Its a risk though considering the state could decide to ban travel to other states they disagree with again.

3. Its a waiting game for the PAC schools to see what the deal is that they get before much happens. I think eventually Colorado joins the BIG12 and Yormark wants a second school to pair. Thats why we see talk of UCONN, Memphis, SDSU, etc. where they are searching for who would be that best second school if say Arizona doesn’t come along with Colorado. The problem is, someone like UCONN is likely not ‘additive’ and someone that increases the conference’s per school value.

4. Down the line when the ACC crumbles there will be some teams to scoop up there as well. All the talk about PAC dying may end up with no movement at all, its definitely a possibility.

• Love the name of UCF’S Stadium - -they call it the Bounce House

• Interesting on Brett Yormork. — – during the Big 12 media says he was talking saying on expansion that he likes 144 Schools , but if we go back to the 12 Schools he is perfectly fine, however if the opportunity presents it’ self - - -

Ye during a different discussion with ON 3 different answer. He was asked the question : If we were to talk two years from now and the Big 12 hasn’t expanded - - -would he be disappointed ? - -Yormok replied- - - thats a very interesting question. Then answered yes I would be a little disappointed. - he says 14 teams just kind of feels right.

Bottom line it really looks like that 14 teams is the target number Yormork would like, and it sure sounds like , that Colorado will be one & then he is really focusing in on U Conn bcause he is a Basketball guy and coming from the EAST. - They said some people frown on that but they came back and said you give U Conn 35 million from being in the big 12 and football wise, not saying they would win the big twelve but pretty sure they would field a competitive team.- Mora getting them to a bowl in his 1st year , they would be invested.

Sounding more and mor like the two teams he is targeting is Colorado & U Conn. - -botto line is thee will be more schools in the Big twelve and it will be sooner then later when the dust settles.

• KCStar -✌️ Longhorn fans aren’t too happy with the Big 12 after its deputy commissioner said that Texas left the conference because “they would rather get beat by Alabama than Kansas State.” 😂

• @dylans said in And then we have these discussions:

KCStar -✌️ Longhorn fans aren’t too happy with the Big 12 after its deputy commissioner said that Texas left the conference because “they would rather get beat by Alabama than Kansas State.” 😂

Ya I heard that - -thought that was pretty funny -Touche for him , and the truth hurts sometimes lol

• On Yormork, get set, go!

• @approxinfinity said in And then we have these discussions:

On Yormork, get set, go!

I really like him- - really got get er aggressive commish trying to improve the Conference

• well now that the Pac 12 commish failed yet- - - AGAIN to deliver at the Pac 12 media days yet- -ONCE AGAIN. - -things are really heating up. A reporter says FWIW this reporter out of Florida ( UCF ) saying that according to sources that Colorado and U Conn well let it been known that they are accepting the invitations to join the Big 12 should be announced by the end of the week - -take that wit a grain a salt but still

• Hutch mine levels of salt. I bet the PAC stays together and Yormark comes back and says well basketball is actually the future, so let’s have UConn and Gonzaga play in Singapore

• Shout out hutch salt mine! You need to see.

Hutch mine levels of salt. I bet the PAC stays together and Yormark comes back and says well basketball is actually the future, so let’s have UConn and Gonzaga play in Singapore

I don’t think there is any chance in hell the PAC stays together… Oh sur they say they want to stay together, what would you expect them to say. They STILL have no Tv media deal, Apple is there only option and they are not going to settle for 100% streaming, Colorado fan base is NOT HAPPY. they keep hearing they gonna get some numbers on the deal - -and steal nothing. Ol Geroge is killing himself, he has screwed up so bad and the statement he made at their media days was lethal , you talk about talking out both sides of your mouth - just see NO WAY, they looking for a deal of 50 Mil to keep up with the Big 12 - that’s figuring the playoff/bowl monies and everything else.

Like they said noboby gonna sign a GOR with tv Media deal and they don’t have that , and reports are the numbes they are hearing is no want they wanted, a lot less - -just can’t see it

• @jayballer67 that may be how it turns out! I just don’t think the gap will be large enough for the presidents and chancellors to actually pull the plug.

@jayballer67 that may be how it turns out! I just don’t think the gap will be large enough for the presidents and chancellors to actually pull the plug.

Just since I posted my response have seen where Multiple sources saying U Conn will be joining the Big 12 within the next week to ten days. Asfar as the PAC 12 -bottom line is they have no media deal, these parents are wanting to know how they are going to be able to see their kid play - -These schools are 100 % against all streaming, and that’s Apples answer.

Ol George all we he can say oh we wil announce soon the deal - -he has been saying that for almost an entire year - -and STII nothing . If Colorado is the 1st school that jumps and that is the most popular speculation, if they jump then the domino’s fall - BIG teh in turn goes for Oregon & Washington & then in turn you will see following Colorado–these two schools are fed up with the mess the PAC has turned into-- there wil be nothing left

• Man this stuff is so crazy. - Tibits : - - Apple wants the entire media rights for the PAC 12, which would be 100 % streaming and the Pac 2 Presidents saying - - umm nope. , so Apple saying umm NOPE.

PAC 12 running out of options, agree with them on Apple though as that would be 100 % streaming and like was said that’s a recruiting killer.

The popular belief is that the PAC 12 schools know what the Media numbers are and there comin in about 12 Millon dollars less then BIG 12 and only best they have would be 20 % linear - - NOT GOOD.

• @jayballer67 said in And then we have these discussions:

Man this stuff is so crazy. - Tibits : - - Apple wants the entire media rights for the PAC 12, which would be 100 % streaming and the Pac 2 Presidents saying - - umm nope. , so Apple saying umm NOPE.

PAC 12 running out of options, agree with them on Apple though as that would be 100 % streaming and like was said that’s a recruiting killer.

The popular belief is that the PAC 12 schools know what the Media numbers are and there comin in about 12 Millon dollars less then BIG 12 and only best they have would be 20 % linear - - NOT GOOD.

Dead on arrival. There was a graph floating around Twitter that showed that Colorado has lost over 67 million dollars since going to the Pac12 versus if they had stayed in the B12. I’m thinking they’ll be back soon.

@jayballer67 said in And then we have these discussions:

Man this stuff is so crazy. - Tibits : - - Apple wants the entire media rights for the PAC 12, which would be 100 % streaming and the Pac 2 Presidents saying - - umm nope. , so Apple saying umm NOPE.

Dead on arrival. There was a graph floating around Twitter that showed that Colorado has lost over 67 million dollars since going to the Pac12 versus if they had stayed in the B12. I’m thinking they’ll be back soon.

I totally agree, and actually it is 70 Million they have lost and only one winning season.- - add to that Prime is after them to bolt because gives Colorado better access to Texas recruiting… Another thing is too and some don’t lie it , but it is becoming much more of a possibility that U Conn will be added.

True their football won’t add much value right now the general overall view is when you expand it’s not what your getting now – it’s what it will be 5-6 years down the road. U Conn Mora is their ne Coach took them to a bowl game in his 1st year and wasn’t that long ago they were a decent team in football - - plus the media market in the East is what Yormark is looking for, - Plus there CAN NOT be any debate period as to the Value their men’s & Womens Basketball teams will bring now. Immediate value. Yormark is working on a totally different view as he is looking to separate the Football media rights from Basketball getting a media deal too for basketball - -totally separate and there is if that’s the case then U Conn should be a no brainer to add in the Conference.

@Jethro said in And then we have these discussions:

@jayballer67 said in And then we have these discussions:

• BOOOOM ! ! ! AND SO NOW IT BEGINS !. The 1st step in expansion is now i motion. - -just came out, well Colorado had a Board of regents today, and now have scheduled a public meeting for tomorrow which they have to do sa following procedure in moving /leaving the Pac 12. - -open to public tomorrow, Media is just blowing up - - On top of that Big 12 Presidents having a meeting tonight, presumably to discuss expansion - - -there ya go - -sounds or I smell well media smells lots of smoke and see the fire.

Watch now you about to see the BIG now there is talk that talks have been going behind the scenes that the BIG is more likely then not to take Oregon , Washington , Standford AND cal. - -you will also see Arizona move before long and chances are Arizona State and even Utah just like was talked about for moths and months.

It’s here expansion is on the horizon like it or not - - it’s coming

• Lots and lots of Smoke about Oregon St. being said if Big 12 gives an invite- - it’s a done deal. - - Talk about Utah needs to get off the all mighty horse and come to Big 12 or get left behind.

Colorado to announce Friday. - -Arizona, ha emergency regents meeting tonight - -could very well be Colorado - -Arizona - - Arizona St and Oregon St

• I think Oregon is the other one

• Dana Altman. It will be fun exacting revenge.

I think Oregon is the other one

Very possible, although pretty reliable source on these thing shas been stating keep your eyes on Oregon State. But no matter the PAC is done.

The conversation has been that Prime was big in this, ever since he was hired by Colorado he wanted to be able to recruit in Big 12 territory/Texas. The PAC destroyed itself by messing around and not getting any media deal. - Ol George trying to bluff his wy through saying things were looking up cause the longer they waited that more suitors were coming to the table. -Word is Pac wanted to high of media deal at any rate, Arizona hsa called an emergency meeting tonight, Oregon State had an emergency meeting yesterday, and word is that if they do get an invite - -Oregon State is a done deal. – Utah better get their act together and get off their high horse thiking they better then Big 12- -or get left behind - so much going on right now

• I’m hearing it’s Wazzu.

• OSU or Wazzu would be both hilarious and sad. Had a buddy interview for a job at OSU and said it was more like Tulsa than KU

OSU or Wazzu would be both hilarious and sad. Had a buddy interview for a job at OSU and said it was more like Tulsa than KU

And, embarrassing. The bottom of the P12 barrel in both athletics and academics…

• @DCHawker I dunno- WSU has been to a bowl game 8 out the last 10 years. Colorado was 1-11 last year. I know they suck at basketball, but so does Colorado. Another easy win. The other team I have heard is Oregon St, but lots of folks aren’t very excited about them. I might add that the Wazzu AD used to be the AD at Tator U ( formerly known as Silo Tech).

@DCHawker I dunno- WSU has been to a bowl game 8 out the last 10 years. Colorado was 1-11 last year. I know they suck at basketball, but so does Colorado. Another easy win. The other team I have heard is Oregon St, but lots of folks aren’t very excited about them. I might add that the Wazzu AD used to be the AD at Tator U ( formerly known as Silo Tech).

WSU is 7-6, 7-6, and 6-7 the past 3 (non-Covid) years. And, yes, they suck at basketball. But, Pullman WA and Corvallis OR? The former is almost impossible to get to. Spokane is a thriving metropolis compared to Pullman.

I don’t get it. Neither would bring basketball, football or academic cred, they don’t bring TV eyeballs, and they cenrtainly aren’t recruiting hotbeds. What would be the rationale for either OSU or WSU?