Jonesing for a KU game

• After that hectic stretch of games to start the season we are now in the first break where the team isn’t playing every day.

Anyone else getting ansy for another game?

We play that bordering pesticide team on Saturday… They haven’t lost and I’m sure their entire fanbase thinks they are winning. First road environment coming for this group and should be interesting. I know our leader Dejuan Harris will be amped for this.

What say we?? Anyone else jonesing for our next game??

• I’m putting the Championship game on tonight to pass the time

• Ya missing ball pretty bad. - I have been surfing just to be able to see game overall , hell there isn’t nothing at all on period. I’m sure their arena will be pretty stoked, it will be interesting to see how the guys react.

I feel sorry for Grady Saturday because of that dm Antler section although I guess they has to tone it down a few years back - -but I’m sure Grady will be hearing plenty for Name Reference- -Then it will be pretty cool when Grady will be able to respond back to those idiots after Grady lights them up for 20 or 20 plus - and he simply looks at them and smiles and simply says - - - it’s - -MR DICK to you roflmao

• I wish we could hire someone to dress up in a chicken outfit with the sign that says " the Missourah Chickens"…

• I wondered if they’d be chicken about this game and not show up? I’m still not thrilled about playing them!

• @Crimsonorblue22 Why? (actually don’t answer that, I know why) They’re our best rival. It’s a circle the date type of game. The networks don’t put us and KSU on national TV but for the 2nd year in a row they want to show us and misery. A chance to beat them is awesome!

• Honestly, I think the rivalry is dead. It’s not the same since Mizzou left for the SEC. Those conference matches everyone circled, but these games don’t mean anything. Plenty of MU fans still hate KU but the feeling is really not mutual. I don’t even know who Mizzou’s coach is, for example.

• Count me on the side that doesn’t care to play them. A win is great but a loss… on their home gym. No thanks.

• I don’t think we’ll lose, I just don’t care anymore. They just chose not to play us in fb. I was at the last border war game, it meant everything.

• In the least it will always be a nostalgic game for me… recalling a trip to Columbia with a deer antler in my grill and fake blood all over the front of my truck…

• I can’t care about Missouri. They had a “No Mom Tom” sign the year T-Rob’s mom passed. There are limits.

• I think it will be great to play Mizzou again. All the emotion is coming back to me just like accidentally running into an old lover. In Mizzou’s case running into them with a truck.

• @Zabudda Feels to me like running into an old lover I had mostly forgotten, and then remembering all the shitty things that she did.

• Self reports Cam Martin will be available Saturday

• We should win, but with kittens averaging 93 pts a game (2 games over 100pts in regulation) it probably won’t be the 102-65 beat down we gave them last time at our house. I’d sure like to see Dejuan get another career high against them.

But I see they have a better field goal % than we do, more assists per game, and almost twice as many steals per game as us. That new coach must have them pretty fired up with this being their only sell out game this year. Granted they’ve played a lot o cream puffs this year, but still… should be a battle. (But I hope we wipe the floor with em!)

• @BeddieKU23 said in Jonesing for a KU game:

Self reports Cam Martin will be available Saturday

The Cam man unleashed! I never thot I’d be saying this, but I’m hoping he can provide some help at the 5.

• @Jethro

Lots of practice time this month for the baby bigs to sharpen up. I just don’t see him being someone Self uses unless injuries or extreme foul trouble occur. I think its best that the guys in the rotation KJ, Zuby, Ernest & Zach develop on further.

• @StLJhawk

I think you have to remember their best opponents so far this year has been Wichita State and Her Holiness Sacrament of Used Car Plaza. lol

• @BeddieKU23 said in Jonesing for a KU game:

@Jethro

Lots of practice time this month for the baby bigs to sharpen up. I just don’t see him being someone Self uses unless injuries or extreme foul trouble occur. I think its best that the guys in the rotation KJ, Zuby, Ernest & Zach develop on further.

We should have alot of minutes free up against Missourah, so we’ll finally see what he looks like.

• Bobby will be back to take part in the Misery destruction Saturday. Great news!

• The Missouri game is going to be a lot closer than many KU fans suspect…

• @BShark said in Jonesing for a KU game:

The Missouri game is going to be a lot closer than many KU fans suspect…

I’m thinking 5 poi nts . - -1st true road game - - Mizzou gonna be jacked. -Very interested to see how our Freshman handle the personal insults- -the antler section overall, just the environment. We have had some seriously better teams go in there and come out with a L.

How is Zuby - - Ernest - -Even Kj gonna be able to stand up - -and God forbid Grady in for a long long night Mizzou students gonna take that and run for sure… - -Not worried about Juan or Jalen but al others is a guessing game.

I think you would have to be kind of KOO-KOO to think we going in and it gonna be a cake walk. - -Mizzou is 8-0 - yes true their competition hasn’t been great but they got some quality players. - -I’ll just be glad when it’s over. It’s just got one of those type of feels written all over it.

• When Bill has a week to prepare for teams…

• KU women are whooping #12 Arizona’s ass by 21 after 3 quarters in Tucson.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 watching. Kicking rear!

• Holy cow!

• KU by 27 over #12 in Tucson!

• @BShark said in Jonesing for a KU game:

The Missouri game is going to be a lot closer than many KU fans suspect…

I’m thinking 5 poi nts . - -1st true road game - - Mizzou gonna be jacked. -Very interested to see how our Freshman handle the personal insults- -the antler section overall, just the environment. We have had some seriously better teams go in there and come out with a L.

How is Zuby - - Ernest - -Even Kj gonna be able to stand up - -and God forbid Grady in for a long long night Mizzou students gonna take that and run for sure… - -Not worried about Juan or Jalen but al others is a guessing game.

I think you would have to be kind of KOO-KOO to think we going in and it gonna be a cake walk. - -Mizzou is 8-0 - yes true their competition haasn’t been great but they got some quality players. - -I’l just be glad when it’s over. It’s just got one of those type of feels written all over it.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in Jonesing for a KU game:

KU by 27 over #12 in Tucson!

Had to make their own thread on the game - -so proud , just total domination

• @jayballer67

I’m really interested in how all of our newbies do… especially Gradey. I just have a feeling he’s going to come through!

This is a great game to help us prepare for what is ahead… screaming nutty fans…

This could go either way… after some serious time for practice teams sometimes come out flat… hope that isn’t the case!

• @StLJhawk

Yep. And we are capable of going 0 for whatever so it could be a nasty scrap or a slapstick mess.

• Yes I love to plan my week around KU games… and yes it’s tough when there’s a full week in between games. I’m on the east coast so usually a late start … and often I have to Tape them because my heart rate jumps up so much that I can’t get to sleep until hours after the game…

• @Bosthawk Being on the east coast myself, I know the feeling.

• Glad I’m not the only EST peep. Oh well will never miss a game