11 AM Start, Wed NC STATE

• Just in case anyone else missed the memo, the holiday actually starts Wednesday. KU’s game is at 11 am on ESPN. NC State’s offense is led by two senior guards and a sophmore guard, but the team was just 11-21 last year. Lots of close games against good teams though. The Pack is 4-0 this year with wins over Austin Peay, Campbell, Florida Int’l and Elon. So, a much different opponent with little scoring from its bigs. Seems like a good game to work Udeh and Zuby into the offense.

• @stoptheflop And then hopefully, KU-Wisconsin! Go Jayhawks, but if ever once there was a game I wouldn’t mind them losing it’d be that one!

• @wissox do we have to ban you for 24 hrs?❤💙🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾 that or nothing!👏👏👏👏

• @Crimsonorblue22 lol I would agree but wissox is too nice of a guy to do that

• @kuballin10 I’m hoping he’s drunk. Otherwise, I’m with @Crimsonorblue22

• Will Wednesday’s game be sponsored by the NCAA and IARP?

• My post was just to alert others who might not have seen the early starting time. Lots of us are working Wednesday and may need to record the game.

• MJ Rice had kidney stones Saturday. Practiced but no word if he will play

• @stoptheflop

I was able to negotiate to leave work before the 12pm tip but thanks for starting this. I was going to this evening if no one had.

• Kenpom says NC St #69 overall with #46 offense and #101 defense. Smith is good. Some inflated stats on some of their guards having faced easy comp

• @BeddieKU23 said in 11 AM Start, Wed NC STATE:

MJ Rice had kidney stones Saturday. Practiced but no word if he will play

I’ve had those multiple times. - My 1st experience the Dr told me that he didn’t want me to do any extra driving , I ask why is that & he told me not only could they but chances are I could black out from the pain. Also was told once you gt them the chances of you getting them again is a lot more likely. - Which I have , have had 6 different encounters , when the nurses found out what was wrong they just kept saying how sorry they were. Had heard previously from different ones saying kidney stones was as close to as far as pain wise was as close a man was going to get like a woman in labor with labor pains. Yet I had some nurses tell me that kidney stones were actually worse. - Saying on a level about the only things more painful then kidney stones might be gull stones.

All I know those dam things hurt like you know what. I feel for MJ - my 1st experience was before they had lithotripsy - -I laid in the hospital for a week. Finally the Dr came in and said he was hoping i would pass them on my own - -but I didn’t , he said they were going to have to go in and get them. - -I won’t go into detail about how they had to do that but I’ll just tell you that wasn’t fun.

I’m not sure why MJ wouldn’t be playing tomorrow. With Lithotripsy , I went in – in and out same day procedure , you go in they put you out - -they zap you break them up and you go home. Not really any lasting effects -he had them Saturday - -for sure should be fine. - -after effects only last maybe a day – two tops. --The worst I had was Dr thought I had 3 stones , went through the procedure but he told me we would have to come back as I ended up with six and he had put s much current into me that he could for one time. when they was busting them up. – -MJ should be fine , might be a little sore but only at certain times if you know what I mean –

• @BeddieKU23 Self didn’t say if he passed those stones or what. Hopefully he did. Wouldn’t want to have surgery so far from home.

• Ahh. kidney stones. that explains his mystery illness. yikes. sorry MJ!

• Watching world cup instead, hopefully KU plays better than the last time out.

• @Crimsonorblue22 said in 11 AM Start, Wed NC STATE:

@BeddieKU23 Self didn’t say if he passed those stones or what. Hopefully he did. Wouldn’t want to have surgery so far from home.

like I said - -even if he doesn’t pass on his own , it’s not that big of thing anymore - -go in for lithotripsy and out the same day. - -within a day you wouldn’t even know you had them

• Coach Self had an interview that was played on one of the tournaments today - -think it was the Maui , anyways he was talking about how he didn’t like not being able to Coach the 1st 4 games but understood.

Paid Grady the ultimate compliment. - -Saying Grady is the best shooter he has EVER been around , that’s saying something. -Also talked about how he liked the team and said we had a couple of guys that could get on a roll and carry KU a long ways. - -Then Seth said that Grady is one of the best hardest cutters in the game he has ever seen , how Grady is able to read Screens.

Coach said actually Grady haad already saved KU in two games this year. - -Enjoy him while we got him guys , he not gonna be here long

• @Crimsonorblue22 I’ll provide an expert scouting report on how to beat the Badgers if it comes to that.

• @kuballin10 Thanks, I admit it, I am really nice.

• Humility is my problem.

• @wissox lol! Pride (I know you said humility but similar in my mind) is the root of many issues (sin) as you know based on your daily Bible readings if I can recall correctly. 🙂

• @kuballin10 yes pride goeth before destruction, and in my golf game par goeth before destruction. They go together. Tomorrow mornings Bible study will commence at 8

• @wissox said in 11 AM Start, Wed NC STATE:

@kuballin10 yes pride goeth before destruction, and in my golf game par goeth before destruction. They go together. Tomorrow mornings Bible study will commence at 8

Ha golf now you’re speaking my language there!

Deal I’ll be there! Lol

• @kuballin10 You play much? I wish I could play more but I don’t live near courses I like. the only close course is called Lost Marsh, but I call it Lost Balls. I can lose more money there in golf balls than a gambling addict in Vegas playing the tables.

• @wissox I try to play once every week or two weeks in the summers. I have two small kids and a wife who actually likes me (I am not negative around her like I am on this board lol) so they are more important than my golf game. I was scratch in high school and college but now probably a 3-4.

I am going to plug a company I’d recommend if you struggle with the game try this method (I’ve tried literally everything from when I was 14 until now and I’m in my 30’s)……Graves Golf. They teach a one plane moe Norman golf swing. It will save you years on your back and biomechanically (how the body should naturally hit a ball with a stick) is the best and easiest way to repeat a swing.

Don’t try to swing like Tiger or Rory or whoever those guys have God given gifts we were not blessed with.

• @kuballin10 Thanks, the biggest impediment to my golf game is just I can’t play more than about 10 times a season. It’s ok, although I love playing it’s just not high priority enough to go to ranges and all that to try to learn a swing.

• @wissox understandable

These guys are actual teachers so they have indoor training you can do before even playing.

They took a guy who was not good and helped him win a state amateur because he committed to doing their indoor drills in the winter

Go to Todd graves golf YouTube and watch his stuff it’s all free. You’d be surprised with little practice you could pick it up easier.

I get not having time though to learn a swing this one those is by far the easiest out there

• Self’s presser from the Bahamas. Hits home!

"The first two games were actually okay, the Duke & Southern Utah ugh I didn’t feel quite as comfortable watching from the living-room as I did the first two but the guys did fine, and certainly we have a long ways to go before becoming a really good team. I think me stepping away at least in that moment in time maybe a positive for us because I could see it from a little bit different perspective.

I know I saw it from a fans perspective and I know why Fans are so crazy because they have absolutely no control on what’s going on. At least as a coach you think you got a little bit even though you don’t have much and so um I liked it better when I had a little control."

Billy Eugene, never leave.

• @jayballer67 said in 11 AM Start, Wed NC STATE:

Coach Self had an interview that was played on one of the tournaments today - -think it was the Maui , anyways he was talking about how he didn’t like not being able to Coach the 1st 4 games but understood.

Paid Grady the ultimate compliment. - -Saying Grady is the best shooter he has EVER been around , that’s saying something. -Also talked about how he liked the team and said we had a couple of guys that could get on a roll and carry KU a long ways. - -Then Seth said that Grady is one of the best hardest cutters in the game he has ever seen , how Grady is able to read Screens.

Coach said actually Grady haad already saved KU in two games this year. - -Enjoy him while we got him guys , he not gonna be here long

Gradey = Remy’s long lost son…lol.

• @Jethro said in 11 AM Start, Wed NC STATE:

@jayballer67 said in 11 AM Start, Wed NC STATE:

Coach Self had an interview that was played on one of the tournaments today - -think it was the Maui , anyways he was talking about how he didn’t like not being able to Coach the 1st 4 games but understood.

Gradey = Remy’s long lost son…lol.

I really miss Remy Martin. Later in the season when he would enter the game, I enjoyed the energy he brought into the game both on offense and defense. I wish him all the best going forward and thank him for his considerable contributions to our National Championship.

• Self mentioned NC St has shot 35 3’s on avg so far this season. Also thinks outside of Texas their backcourt is the most explosive we’ll face all season. I hope neither of those things materialize to be anything

• @BeddieKU23 If they get hot we will lose. If we don’t run them off the line it will be a long afternoon.

We’ve been close to losing to so bad teams so I won’t be surprised with the outcome today.

Offensively we are abysmal.

• @kuballin10 said in 11 AM Start, Wed NC STATE:

@BeddieKU23 If they get hot we will lose. If we don’t run them off the line it will be a long afternoon.

We’ve been close to losing to so bad teams so I won’t be surprised with the outcome today.

LOL. That’s a good one.

• Will be on a plane for the game. Ugh

@BeddieKU23 If they get hot we will lose. If we don’t run them off the line it will be a long afternoon.

They are not good.

It is a neutral game so anything can happen. Jalen shows up with his usual game and KU wins. He gets help and this could be an easy one

• @Jethro anything can happen!

What’s your thoughts on it today?

• Another thing to note.

That ballroom they play in leads to poor outside shooting a lot of the time.

Wonder if that will impact both teams today

• @FarmerJayhawk said in 11 AM Start, Wed NC STATE:

Will be on a plane for the game. Ugh

Paying for wifi?

• @BeddieKU23 I hope you are right!

The same way I was frustrated (and still am with Juan’s scoring) I can feel it shift to Kevin. Seeing Baylor Schierman, Hunter, Ricky council and Ramey all lighting it up this year sucks with regards to what we have.

Kevin’s defense is great but offensively we need that second/third scorer next to Jalen (since Gradey goes stretches without getting a touch or shot up).

Having a Hunter or Ramey would have been awesome - another ball handler that can flat out score.

Council is a 6-6 Ochai (no, not as good though) who can shoot, drive and catch lobs.

Baylor is your standard 6-6 not great defensively but makes up for it offensively kind of guy.

All that and we got in my opinion say the 4th out of 5 guys if you’d ranked them

• I’m not dissatisfied or surprised by Juan’s 9 pts per game average. On offense his strengths are ball handling, setting up the offense and getting assists. Do we need a third penetrating guard after Jalon and Gradey? I hope Kevin will settle in and increase his points; I think that’s going to happen soon. And then, we all know the 5 spot is our mystery position. We’ll just have to wait and see who finally emerges as our best option at the 5. That will depend on which player gives us the best advantage on defense and then whether the same player helps on offense. Oh, this is going to be fun.

@Jethro anything can happen!

What’s your thoughts on it today?

I think your analysis was more wishful thinking than reality. NC State has some firepower with Joiner, and Smith can shoot them in and out of games. But they don’t play any defense, they can’t run outside of 2 players, and they’re sloppy with the ball. And their center looks like his health will be at risk if he tries to keep up with us. Vegas line opened at KU - 8.5, and the line has moved to -9. Bill steps in for the first time this year, so I imagine we’ll see a pretty intense effort on our part- not the sleepwalk we witnessed against Southern Utah that has you so concerned.

• @BeddieKU23 I doubt it. $10 is kinda steep. I do have the game recorded so I can watch when I land if it’s worth watching.

Also I’m contractually obligated as a UNC student to say state bloooows. Worst fans I’ve ever been around were in Raleigh.

• Let’s go boys

• Boom!

• Gardey is going to red and black shoes. Hopefully, the nasty pink ones are retired…lol.

• HCBS has returned

• Is he going to wear his glasses?

• Slow start

• Awful

• Kevin nice take but you actually have to finish a layup dude

• Kj got all our points what an athlete