No matter what team you pull for

• @DanR I like Aaron Judge but not their domestic terrorist closer.

BTW in 2005 the Sox had four straight complete games in the ALCS. That’s rare dominance.

• I havent watched MLB this year. Premiere League soccer is a much better product.

• @DanR Hold on. I hate the Yankees. I hate everything about them. I saw them at Royals stadium earlier this season. Their fans were more obnoxious than Mizzou & K-State combined.

• @nuleafjhawk And MLB kisses their behinds too. I’ve just gotten into twitter the last few months and MLB twitter account is all Yankees. It’s like they are MLB’s only child.

• @DanR said in No matter what team you pull for:

We don’t hate the yankees, we’re just disgusted they buy up all the talent and let it rot on the vine instead of letting it flourish or thrive on other teams, basically ruining MLB. Only respectable/productive player in the last 20 years was Jeter, and he would have been totally forgettable other than one fluke year.

(Went to a Royals game friday and it was a blast.)

Glad you was able to go to a game buddy. They are lots of fun - - been so long since I went. I can still remember when the Royals played downtown close to the stockyards I believe. Only at that time they weren’t the Royals - - they were the A’s.

Actually the last time I went to a game it was a Royals/ Yankees game with a friend of mine. Big Royal fan , they use to have some classic battles. I remember Freddie Patak - - Cookie Rojas , Brett , Otis , Paul Splitorff , Daryl Porter lots of fun

• @approxinfinity said in No matter what team you pull for:

I havent watched MLB this year. Premiere League soccer is a much better product.

When I lived in Wichita I used to love watching indoor soccer. Wichita had a pretty decent team - -had a player names Kim Runfied- - Nicke name Rocket ball coming off his foot over 100 mph holy bat crap lol - -use to have some classic matchups against the St louis team

• @nuleafjhawk said in No matter what team you pull for:

@DanR Hold on. I hate the Yankees. I hate everything about them. I saw them at Royals stadium earlier this season. Their fans were more obnoxious than Mizzou & K-State combined.

Thank you - - makes my day - - gotta love it with fans like you - -keep it up and have a great day , things gonna be just fine. You like anyone else is entitled , that’s what makes the world go round .If we loved everybody that wouldn’t be no fun. - - Success brings envy , don’t hate the playr - - Hate the game. - That’s just like me hating K Straight. I’ll drie around Manhattan there is NOTHING good that comes out of that slop town - -roflmao - -see what I mean lol

• Umm that team that has so many home runs cause they have that cheap 295 ft right filed wall ?- -had 79 home runs at the time I guess. - - Well must of pissed them off cause road trip to Toronto - -no 295 foot wall there and only in the 5th and they have hit THREE MORE home runs - now 104 home runs on the year. - - Huh guess goes to show not only do they hit a lot of home runs at home -but also on the road. lmao

and that 295 right field fence? - -wouldn’t you think that any team that goes in there has the same chance to take advantage of that short fence ? - -Only one problem with that. NY leads the Amreicn league giving up the least home runs to opposing teams- -pretty simple - -Success brings envy. - -Don’t hate the players - - hate the game. Things gonna be all right

• Remind me again why we are fawning over the Yankees and not the Royals on this site? I grew up in the 70s. My hero was George Brett. My villain was Reggie Jackson. My hatred for the yankees was forged in far too many frustrating losses for my beloved home team in the regular season and the playoffs. So much so, that I became a Red Sox fan when the Royals weren’t competitive.

• @bskeet said in No matter what team you pull for:

Remind me again why we are fawning over the Yankees and not the Royals on this site? I grew up in the 70s. My hero was George Brett. My villain was Reggie Jackson. My hatred for the yankees was forged in far too many frustrating losses for my beloved home team in the regular season and the playoffs. So much so, that I became a Red Sox fan when the Royals weren’t competitive.

Mainly why is because this is an open forum. - -I’m a Yankee fan have been and always will.-- - All the way back to Ford , Richardson , Kubek , Pepitone , Tresh , - Maris , Mantle , Berra Guidry , Stottomeir.

I can’t stand Geroge Brett. I can still remember when I was a drivers license examine in Lenexa Ks, When Brett came in to renew his DL he made us clear the office out so he was the only one in there one aggorant ass. - The difference between him & Frank White was night and Day.

Frank was the friendliest most out going happy go lucky guy - -coming in and just trying to renew his Dl - -did he force us to clear the office ? -NOOOO. - -people harassing him for autograph which he ended up gladly doing just asking them to hold on. Much respect for Frank White.

Use to be some classic Royal/Yankee playoffs but KC kinda feel off the face of the Earth now - But this whole site is entitled Royals or other MLB so I posted - -I have no prolem with othr teams you can cheer for whoevre the hell you wanna cheer for, take your shots - -relly it’s ok and I will just sit back and continue to watch NY roll

• A bunch of yankee fans on here😂

• @bskeet One person likes the Yankees and decides to come in and rub it in our faces when they’re having a historically good season.

@jayballer67 It’s annoying as h e double hockey sticks to come on a site you know are almost all Royal fans who have gone off the deep end since their way more recent WS victory and tell everyone how great your team is.

• This post is deleted!

• 🙄

• I have no opinions on any of this. Whatever passes the long summer

• Yankees get no hit which is always fun to see.

• I’d like Royals to clean the house, trade Merrifield, Santana, OHearn, Grenke, Keller, Bennetendi, Dosier, Taylor. Also fire Dayton.

• Not Pro BUT Oklahoma getting taken to the Shed by Ol Miss - -8-3 - top of the 9th. - - Ol Miss hit Back to Back to Back home runs I think in the 7th. they just beating the hell out of the ball

• @AsadZ lol! It’s been tough! Keep whit jr!

• Yeah, He will be an All Star sooner rather than later, special talent.

• Houston pitching making my Yankees look silly - -total domination

• Well not sure how but NY hadn’t had a hit in 16 innings Stanton hit one in the monuments - -Dj hits a two run homer to left , then in the bottom of the 10th Aaron hits a two out 3 run homer deep to left center

• Santana traded, good news, few more deals to be done.

On a separate note, is there any other team worse than KC in developing pitchers?

• @AsadZ Depends on the time frame. But I have to think the Reds, Rockies and Pittsburgh all would give us a run for our money there. Still, it has been abysmal.

I’m hopeful that Dayton’s time in KC is going to be over after this season. We cannot keep doing this thing where we pretend we are really close to competing. Basically wasted Whit Merrifield’s value entirely at this point. Dozier should have been traded 2-3 years ago. Salvy should have been traded 2-3 years ago. How Ryan O’Hearn is still on a MLB roster while Pratto is playing AAA ball makes no sense.

They need to go full fire sale for pitching here at the deadline. Trade Salvy, Benentendi, MAT, Dozier, and Whit. Let the young position players get the reps. Try and find some AA or AAA arms who are unsullied by this franchise.

Only person who doesn’t see this is Dayton Moore. Keeping fan favorites is a bad strategy when it is on a 100 loss ball club. Because nobody is coming just to see Salvy. Not to mention MJ Melendez is arguably one of the top 3 hitters on the club right now!

This team should be scheming for 2024 or 2025. They have the young position players to make a run. Witt Jr., Olivares, Melendez, Isbel, Pasquantino, and Pratto are a very solid young core. That assumes nobody else will pan out in the minors. Eaton, Massey and Hicklen all seem like guys who should get their cup of coffee in the next year or two.

It just feels like this franchise has no plan.

• Much as I hate to see the Royals have another lousy season, at least they’ve been in two World Series in the last decade.

A big Thank You to Dayton and Picollo for trading Carlos Santana to the Mariners. It took a while, but he’s finally starting to come around. Two HRs today and three in two days to help sweep Toronto. Definitely past his prime, but he looks like a good piece of the puzzle. A veteran who can be a clubhouse presence for a young team.

Also good to send the annoying Blue Jay fans back across the border without a W. Definitely NOT the stereotypical “nice Canadians”…more like drunks at a hockey game. A friend who’s a longtime usher at the ballpark says they’re by far the worst visiting fans she’s seen.

M’s now tied for the last wild card spot just before the All-Star break. (Never thought I’d be typing these words two weeks ago.) About time they broke the playoff drought, now at 21 seasons and counting.

• Royals need to trade a lot more players before the deadline and fire Dayton.

Royals cannot develop pitching, what a waste of talent.

• @nwhawkfan said in No matter what team you pull for:

Much as I hate to see the Royals have another lousy season, at least they’ve been in two World Series in the last decade.

A big Thank You to Dayton and Picollo for trading Carlos Santana to the Mariners. It took a while, but he’s finally starting to come around. Two HRs today and three in two days to help sweep Toronto. Definitely past his prime, but he looks like a good piece of the puzzle. A veteran who can be a clubhouse presence for a young team.

Also good to send the annoying Blue Jay fans back across the border without a W. Definitely NOT the stereotypical “nice Canadians”…more like drunks at a hockey game. A friend who’s a longtime usher at the ballpark says they’re by far the worst visiting fans she’s seen.

M’s now tied for the last wild card spot just before the All-Star break. (Never thought I’d be typing these words two weeks ago.) About time they broke the playoff drought, now at 21 seasons and counting.

I could not imagine being an Ms fan. Literally pumping out HOFers like it is nothing but winning nothing for it.

• @Kcmatt7 said in No matter what team you pull for:

@nwhawkfan said in No matter what team you pull for:

Much as I hate to see the Royals have another lousy season, at least they’ve been in two World Series in the last decade.

I could not imagine being an Ms fan. Literally pumping out HOFers like it is nothing but winning nothing for it.

Fans here are getting pretty tired of the M’s management living off the heyday of the '95 playoff team and the 2001 116-win team. Until their recent winning streak, the prevailing emotion was somewhere between disgust and apathy.

The other night I went to a game at their Class-A minor league affiliate, and they actually had a bunch of impersonators dressed up as players from the '95 squad (Randy Johnson, Jay Buhner, Edgar Martinez, etc.) The kids went up to them asking for autographs, not knowing they were bogus “players.” That kind of thing happens when an entire generation of fans hasn’t seen playoff baseball. Pretty pathetic.

• @nwhawkfan You guys haven’t lost since you wrote that!

• @wissox said in No matter what team you pull for:

@nwhawkfan You guys haven’t lost since you wrote that!

Yeah, the town has gone Mariners-crazy over the past week or so, especially since Julio Rodriguez had his national coming-out party at the Home Run Derby. Tonight and tomorrow’s games are sold out.

M’s will have their hands full this weekend…the Astros are in town. No way we make up that 10-game deficit in the division. Looking okay for a wild card spot, though.

• Santana trade is looking for M’s

• @AsadZ Expect to see Carlos getting fewer at-bats, as more regular starters come off the injured list. Last week he only had six ABs, mostly as a pinch-hitter or DH.

Like I figured, the Astros did a number on the M’s over the weekend, sweeping the series in Seattle. It didn’t help that phenom Julio Rodriguez missed the series due an injury he suffered the game before the All Star break. (Turns out he hit all those dingers in the Home Run Derby with a sore wrist !)

The M’s have to go back to Houston next weekend, plus six with the Yankees in the next two weeks. Ouch ! Talk about a gauntlet. Fortunately the schedule gets a lot easier after that with a bunch of games against sub-500 teams.

• So the Yankees get the Royals Benitendi. Hatred of the Yankees just increased.

So the Yankees get the Royals Benitendi. Hatred of the Yankees just increased.

we only need him for a minute then you can have him back lol

• This recalls the bad old days of the Kansas City Athletics.

From Bill James’ essay “A History Of Being A Kansas City Baseball Fan” from his 1986 Baseball Abstract (later reprinted in a book called “Lets Not Eat The Bones”):

“Arnold Johnson, the first owner of the Kansas City Athletics, was a business associate and close friend of Del Webb, co-owner of the Yankees. Apparently believing that the way to make money in the outlands was as a supplier of talent to the wealthier organizations. Johnson funnelled talent to the Yankees in a long series of three-for-one and five-for-two trades…the pinstripe pipeline rubbed the city at a raw spot, the rawest spot Johnson could have found. With every KC/New York trade the protests grew louder, the bitterness in them grew sharper.”

James goes on to list all the A’s who ended up in New York, including Roger Maris, Bud Daley, Bob Cerv (who once held the KC home run record), Clete Boyer and Ralph Terry.

“…The certain facts are that: (1) The A’s were a bad team, (2) They traded all of their best players to the Yankees, and (3) After that, they were a worse team.”

Some things never change, luxury tax or no.

“Them that’s got shall have, them that’s not shall lose, So the Bible says, and it still is news.”
    —Billie Holiday, “God Bless The Child”

• Singer threw a gem but Royals got shut out again, now 3 games in a row. Please make a few additional trades before the deadline.

• @AsadZ We really need to trade for more minor league pitchers. Maybe get rid of more run-producing hitters. Oh, wait…there are none left?

• Trade Merrifield, Grenke, OHearn, Taylor Fire Dayton

• I’m going to a couple Sox/Royals games this next week and we could use some wins so maybe the Royals can trade some guys before that series? 🙂

• @AsadZ I can’t really figure out how you feel about Dayton…

• Ok , I’ve went long enough and I’ve heard your KC announcers cry & wine enough - - - get over it. All I hear from your guys is oh this little stadium , short right field fence - - You know what - -they are right , but the way these guys are crying - -oh well that would be an out in KC, - - -AND ? - - the players don’t control the distance of the fence - --plus those short fences when opposing teams come into Yankee stadium have the exact same chance of taking advantage of those short fences. I think maybe you have more problems then worrying about short fences, don’t even try to go there

I’ve seen Juge , Stanton and others blast home runs DEEP in Yankee Stadium - like some 460 feet 457 feet and others. - -some of Judges Home Runs have been the cheap route but seen plenty of others where no park going to hold his ball. - get over yourself - - it’s not the short right field fence the reason your getting beat Dam come on.- - A LOT of those home runs on the road and deep Home runs too so stop

Now before you try and come back and try to support or say OH it’s your agorance Yankee hate lmao - - umm no - - what I said is straight up facts/truth , and the truth hurts some times – sometimes you just have to accept things for what they are

Just like I will come out and say chances are and I’m not to proud to admit it – it is what it is - - NY will more chances then not - -will not make the World Series, - - Hoston will beat them in the playoffs - - Houston owns NY - just better around but I’m honest enough to admit it is what it is

• @jayballer67 You’re making me hate the Yankees more with these posts!

• @jayballer67 You are so obsessed with every word you hear about the Royals that I fear you may have a pronounced inferiority complex that KC is better than the NYY. Hope you can overcome it!

• Did you guys do the announcing, @wissox @mayjay? I didn’t!

@jayballer67 You’re making me hate the Yankees more with these posts!

Good truth hurts some times. but we all big boys. Like they say success brings envy. - You have no argument against this. Everyone when they come to Yankee stadium has the same opportunity to take advantage of this so called short fences. Probably the thing is difference KC pitching sucks,

• @mayjay said in No matter what team you pull for:

@jayballer67 You are so obsessed with every word you hear about the Royals that I fear you may have a pronounced inferiority complex that KC is better than the NYY. Hope you can overcome it!

and my response to that is - - - LMAO - -not a chance thanks for checking in though . I just get tirred of whiners people who cry all the time and always try to find an excuse other then the real excuse - -it’s gonna be ok though - -you gonna be all right.

• @jayballer67 No Envy. It’s just when one team is clearly the best in the league and their one fan in the particular community we’re all in together keeps going on and on about it, it’s really kind of tiring. And when it’s the most privileged team in the league we all see through it.

• @wissox The NYY bragging, and our sardonic replies do, however, help me understand how those KSt fans enjoy it so much when KU loses…

• The Yankees are fine…it’s the fans.

• @mayjay said in No matter what team you pull for:

@wissox The NYY bragging, and our sardonic replies do, however, help me understand how those KSt fans enjoy it so much when KU loses…

Rightttttttt. Don’t suppose you thump your chest any about KU being so god do you ? - Glad you understand how the K/ state fans feels when KU loses - -mainly because THAT just doesn’t happen very often.

It’s ok to thump that chest NY just like KU can back their cockiness if that’s what you happen to want to call it no reason to be mad feelings hurt or what ever . Do People talk a lot of trash about how good the KC Chiefs are ? - -you bet they do. Why ?- -cause the Chiefs can back it up. No reason to wet all over yourself about. - If you good - - your GOOD. - you wanna have that edge talk shade - - you got every right.

You think People of opposing teams couldn’t stand Christan Braun because of his cockiness? - his aggorance or what they thought to believe was. Christan talked a lot of shade to opposing fans - - teams - thats cool he could back it up. He had game. - Say the same thing to those people -HEY don’t get mad , it is what it is - - Christan /Chiefs ? -NY just better that’s all.

People need to worry more about things that are more serious then a ball game – spend less time feeling like sn abused under study - It’s gonna be ok. Bottom line is if a Team is good, and can back it up - -then their fans have the right - it’s not that big of deal. - All this does is point to Royals fans showing they have a inferiority complex - -come on there is no agrument to this SERIOUSLY ?