Xavier Henry leads Lakers reserves in late rally over Clippers

• Xavier Henry leads Lakers reserves in late rally over Clippers

Xavier Henry scored a career-high 22 points, Jordan Farmar added 16, and five Los Angeles Lakers reserves surged past the Los Angeles Clippers in the fourth quarter for a surprising 116-103 victory in both clubs’ season opener Tuesday night.

MVP: Xavier Henry. Henry scored a career-high 22 points off the bench in his first game as a Laker, slashing and shooting for four quarters. Eleven of his 13 field-goal attempts were either threes or in the paint.

– Love to see Xavier finally reaching his potential! He must like the City of Angels!

• Way to go Xavier!!! I was in New Orleans for a wedding last year and watched him sit the whole game against the mighty Bobcats who cut Sherron…

• Just watched KCTV 5 Michael Coleman sports report on 10:00 pm news & he recapped X’s performance & highlights from last night. Also interestingly reported that before last night’s game in LA that X texted an Overland Park student & asked her how her classes & school was going this year. They had met at Bill Self’s BB camp a couple of years back. Nice to know he’s not forgotten the path that was laid before him. Also FYI the reporter, Michael Coleman, played FB for Coach Freeman at LHS, whom I played for before he was at LHS. I hope X has finally found his future at the next level & can still keep his feet firmly on the ground. JMO

• Xavier has always been a class act, quiet and unassuming; his dad and brother not so much. He has been back many times to Lawrence and has been a good ambassador for KU. Like many players his career had a rocky start, starting with his agent driven hold up before he even played one game and put him behind other players, development wise, before the start of his first season and never quite recovered from that. Looks like the Lakers are a good fit for him and he is starting to show flashes of his true potential; hopefully it will workout out well for him