IARP update

• ‘member when bad Bill meant playing Jamari Taylor?

Yeah. I ‘member that.

• the member berries

• alt text

• “I felt it was fair and should’ve been done” Self on vacating wins

• I’m disappointed to lose the 2018 final four for sure. Does it also mean no B12 regular season and tournament championship that season? A step back but we can recover from this quickly. It’s just frustrating knowing Zion got his money and cost Dook nothing.

• Feel better after the news conference!

• @dylans So you think Self cheated? Nothing in the IARP findings establishes that.

Legally, this was a case where an outside consultant paid athletes to go to KU. His actions as a representative of Adidas were held to be the responsibilty of KU because of the bogus booster theory since Adidas helped KU recruit. Vicarious responsibility for wrongdoing is a status matter, not a knowledge matter. They specifically found no evidence that KU and Self failed to supervise adequately. Had there been any evidence of knowledge or involvement by KU and Self in Adidas’s cheating, the Level 1 charges would have stood.

So how do you conclude Bill is a cheater?

• I think it’s a tad lame that the NCAA literally cleared Silvio to play before he set foot on the court, but honestly… I don’t really care about vacating wins. That season sucked. It was the last season of the conference streak, so it has no reflection on all the teams before, and I guess we’ll all have to be satisfied with the 13-season streak.

Coach Beard and Coach Huggins now both share the big 12 title from 2017-18. Do I have that right? Those two pillars of society.

• @mayjay said in IARP update:

@dylans So you think Self cheated? Nothing in the IARP findings establishes that.

Legally, this was a case where an outside consultant paid athletes to go to KU. His actions as a representative of Adidas were held to be the responsibilty of KU because of the bogus booster theory since Adidas helped KU recruit. Vicarious responsibility for wrongdoing is a status matter, not a knowledge matter. They specifically found no evidence that KU and Self failed to supervise adequately. Had there been any evidence of knowledge or involvement by KU and Self in Adidas’s cheating, the Level 1 charges would have stood.

So how do you conclude Bill is a cheater?

Do you honestly think Bill Self was clueless about what was happening? Are you really that naive or just in denial about it? Name an all time great college basketball coach that never once had allegations of cheating in some firm or fashion thrown their way that didn’t have something credible to support those allegations. The difference between these coaches is usually how well the cover their tracks and give themselves plausible deniability about the cheating.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in IARP update:

Pretty much the penalties I said would happen years ago when this process started. Scholarship reduction and vacating the games Silvio played in during the 2017-18 season.

I guess this also means I didn’t really see KU get their asses handed to them by Villanova in that 2018 Final Four.

Silver lining!

• @mayjay Was there some recording with him on a phone talking about money with DeSoso’s people? I’m thinking I remember that. Sounds like some cheating to me, but I don’t rightly remember.

• @wissox said in IARP update:

@mayjay Was there some recording with him on a phone talking about money with DeSoso’s people? I’m thinking I remember that. Sounds like some cheating to me, but I don’t rightly remember.

Coach Townsend and Zion who went to Duke, as I recall. Most of this was evidence in the FBI case where KU was the victim.

• @DanR dude the pillars of society comment made me spit out my food.

• @DanR Thanks, that’s right, Zions mom wanted a house, we didn’t provide it and so he went to Duke where we presume she got her house which the NCAA never knew about. (but everyone else did)

• @wissox I think $100K in cold hard corrupt cash was the amount Coach T agreed we needed to get to meet Duke’s offer in addition to the house and a year’s worth of nauseating ESPN hype of Zion (which, ultimately, KU could not guarantee).

• I’m glad it’s finally over and ready for the regular season to start. Self may have a chip on his shoulder this season and I kind of hope he does.

• @DanR said in IARP update:

@wissox I think $100K in cold hard corrupt cash was the amount Coach T agreed we needed to get to meet Duke’s offer in addition to the house and a year’s worth of nauseating ESPN hype of Zion (which, ultimately, KU could not guarantee).

The rewording you did of the discussion added “Coach T agreed we needed to get to meet Duke’s offer”. All T really said was that the word was the family wanted that much. There was nothing said about KU providing it. Self told him to see what he could do, but that was to recruit Zion. If it was permission to offer the money, why isn’t there a slew of money discussion like all the other schools had?

• @Texas-Hawk-10 - just looking for clarification. I understood and remember all that stuff.

• @mayjay

I’m joking because the whole point is that KU/Townsend would have had to meet or exceed the bribes to get him to KU that Coach K already offered Zion (alledgedly). Had nothing to do with the penalties regarding Silvio, but this was the phone call the FBI included in the basketball fraud case that the NCAA slobbered about but found nothing because KU was the victim.

Code: “I know what he’s asking for. He’s asking for opportunities from an occupational perspective, he’s asking for cash in the pocket and he’s asking for housing for him and his family.”

Townsend: “I’ve got to just try to work and figure out a way because if that’s what it takes to get him here for 10 months, we’re going to have to do it some way.”

IMO, T was talking out of his ass, but I didn’t reword it. All mute points now due to NIL.

• @DanR Sorry! Thx for the correction. Obviously my memory truncated it! I still think figuring it out meant figuring out how to get Zion not necessarily providing the goodies. I guess I find it hard to believe that with so much money flowing from Adidas T couldn’t have easily gotten it if that was our desire.

• Bummer about the Final Four. We’ll just have to get it back this year, and pass UK in wins again

• Oh look at that. Video of the game that never happened. Boy these people on the internet sure can make them boys look real these days. That trophy looks awful real too. Any idea how they did that video? Very impressive stuff

• It happened. Not AI.

• @BeddieKU23 said in IARP update:

Oh look at that. Video of the game that never happened. Boy these people on the internet sure can make them boys look real these days. That trophy looks awful real too. Any idea how they did that video? Very impressive stuff

Lance Armstrong won a bunch of races too. It’s just not a good look imo. It’s a big reason why wooden didn’t get the respect that his titles should bring too. Yeah it happened and I enjoyed the games. Devonte deserves better. Wish it was more on the up and up.

• @dylans

Certainly not a good look. I’m exhausted from all this tbh.

The bag of tricks the NCAA keeps grabbing into and handing out needs an extermination though.

• Money is like water. It always finds its way in no matter what you do.