Langston Wilson

• Langston Wilson… D1 caliber? Guess he convinced Self. Future NBA caliber? Obviously needs to eat his wheaties and steak.

• Shot looks a little hitchy to me, but not unfixable. Release is nice and high, so that helps.

He has a lot of bounce and explosion to him, and he runs the floor well. He also looks like he could add 15-20 pounds fairly easily without losing that explosive ability. He looks like he has the potential to be a versatile defender as well, guarding 4/5 as well as being able to step out onto the perimeter and be very sound.

He has great pop to his leaping. He can just get off the floor with no real windup. That should translate to him being a very good weakside defender if he learns concepts and timing. He may already have that, but the video doesn’t show it.

He’s not a ball handler, but he can pick and roll, pick and pop and spot up well. His post moves are adequate, though he can probably be double teamed with some effectiveness because he isn’t very fluid.

He’s a great third big, and probably a nice starter if he’s paired with other scorers. If he works with a great PG on the screen game, he could be a high caliber player. For that reason alone, he has some pro potential if he continues to develop.

• I’ll say this kid looks like he loves to finish , various ways. Looks like he has some nice hops , seems like he gets off the floor fairly quick , got some outside game to him , got a little inside game , then I’m now more in favor of the kid cause he is a lefty lol - - With me being a lefty lol. looks decent athletic , but like has been said could put on some weight. - -Just wonder in reality how much of a chance we have with this kid - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @justanotherfan

I agree with your assessment. And also think, like you, he can add on 15 or 20 without it impacting his quickness. Maybe even faster if he is trained properly. I also noticed the little hitch in his shot. Not sure if that gets worked out in college, probably not… but for sure at the next level. I’ve seen him make a crossover spin move that competed every bit with Wiggin’s famed move at Kansas. Actually… he has a lot more moves in his arsenal.

It would be great if he could come to Kansas and not be the over-hyped pre-legend guy who inherits all the pressure, and all the extra defenders. His best opportunity in D1 would be to come to a team like Kansas and let the sun shine on some other players so he can just play his game.

• @justanotherfan exactly what I was thinking

• Hell of a set of hops. He’d be great once Hudy gets ahold of him. Er, wait.

• Explosive leaping ability. Definitely rare to see that kind of bounce to him especially in the Juco ranks.

• Would love to have him.

@BeddieKU23 yeah, his path to JUCO is a lot different than normal. I can’t remember if it was mentioned in the recruiting thread or not but he didn’t even play HS basketball.

• @BShark

Wow, I haven’t seen the story on him yet. I’ll have to check it out. That concerns me from an overall skill level POV but man does his ability to play above the rim bring excitement

• I love it. Go get some athletes.

• @BeddieKU23 said in Langston Wilson:

Explosive leaping ability. Definitely rare to see that kind of bounce to him especially in the Juco ranks.

Agree probably the one that really impressed me was like the 1st on I think about half way down the lane got fed and took it home hard - - loves to flush

• @BShark said in Langston Wilson:

Would love to have him.

@BeddieKU23 yeah, his path to JUCO is a lot different than normal. I can’t remember if it was mentioned in the recruiting thread or not but he didn’t even play HS basketball.

So - - -what you think ?- - we right there for him ? - -what’s you think the chances are ?

• @BShark said in Langston Wilson:

Would love to have him.

That may explain some of the rawness/hitchiness/choppiness in his game. He looks unrefined because he is unrefined at this stage. That changes my assessment of his development curve.

If, for example, he had played for years and was just now getting to this point, I would look at him as a guy that maybe just can’t get to that next level because he’s already pretty far on his development path.

But if this is the first time he’s really been coached at a high level–whoa. He could improve VERY quickly. Put me down as VERY HIGH on him now.

• went back and watched this again. The more i watch , the more I like this kid. I mean he can get out - - -run the floor , got just about all aspects on his shot , got some range hitting from the top of the key , hits from the wing , can post down low some , although in the Big 12 and against other P-5 think he needs to add some weight for low production , loves to flush in a variety of ways - -windmill, reverse , the Alley and the Oop lol - looks like quality length on the Defensive side

I think if Bill and the Staff could get him in the program and work a little- -maybe reel him in just a bit , little more hell i dunno - -is structured the right word ? - he has the tools and with the right staff could be a very nice find. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @justanotherfan said in Langston Wilson:

@BShark said in Langston Wilson:

Would love to have him.

That may explain some of the rawness/hitchiness/choppiness in his game. He looks unrefined because he is unrefined at this stage. That changes my assessment of his development curve.

If, for example, he had played for years and was just now getting to this point, I would look at him as a guy that maybe just can’t get to that next level because he’s already pretty far on his development path.

But if this is the first time he’s really been coached at a high level–whoa. He could improve VERY quickly. Put me down as VERY HIGH on him now.

Not a big fan of the slant but it’s mentioned here.

https://n.rivals.com/news/ku-offer-was-emotional-for-langston-wilson

• @jayhawkblue73 is he a three year guy for us or a two? It would be interesting to see him and Muscadin play together when or if they had the chance.

• This post is deleted!

• @Marco said in Langston Wilson:

@jayhawkblue73 is he a three year guy for us or a two? It would be interesting to see him and Muscadin play together when or if they had the chance.

Think your probably looking at two years if I’m figuring right. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY