2023 Recruiting

• I know guys , you almost have to laugh when you see articles about this far in advance, but just thought what the hell I’d toss it out anyways,

See where KU has offered 2023 Baye Fall out of Senegal the # 6 player in 2023 Ku in on this one early, think they said 6-10/6’11 ? currently has offers from Georgia , Georgetown , Minnesota & KU. plus has many , many schools interested.

KU is the only school thus far that he has been to BEFORE KU offered , wasn’t actually a Basketball visit as he was in KC for an AAU event. Said he liked the Campus KU was a big School , liked the Conference.

Curious wasn’t there a player that was 7’6 Taco Fall - - am I imaging that? there was wasn’t there ? - - Possible Relation ? - - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73

I read a few articles about Fall and neither mentioned Tacko being related to him.

• @jayballer73 said in 2023 Recruiting:

I know guys , you almost have to laugh when you see articles about this far in advance, but just thought what the hell I’d toss it out anyways,

See where KU has offered 2023 Baye Fall out of Senegal the # 6 player in 2023 Ku in on this one early, think they said 6-10/6’11 ? currently has offers from Georgia , Georgetown , Minnesota & KU. plus has many , many schools interested.

KU is the only school thus far that he has been to BEFORE KU offered , wasn’t actually a Basketball visit as he was in KC for an AAU event. Said he liked the Campus KU was a big School , liked the Conference.

Curious wasn’t there a player that was 7’6 Taco Fall - - am I imaging that? there was wasn’t there ? - - Possible Relation ? - - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

No, Taco’s brother is named Niagara (but he is only a 7th grader), Baye is no relation. Lol joke! But I was wondering the same thing, whether they were brothers.

• @BeddieKU23 said in 2023 Recruiting:

@jayballer73

I read a few articles about Fall and neither mentioned Tacko being related to him.

ya I didn’t see his name mentioned but was just curious, thanks I appreciate it

• @jayballer73

The only mention I saw was Fall’s cousin is also on the team he plays for in Colorado.

• Kansas has offered class of 2023 Shooting guard Elijah fisher per his Instagram page

• @FarmerJayhawk that’s a WILD top 10.

• He won’t play in college not worried

• @BShark said in 2023 Recruiting:

@FarmerJayhawk that’s a WILD top 10.

He’s the one who started the talk about high profile recruits going to HBCU’s. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up at Hampton which is where his mom went to school and played softball at.

He’s also going to be the first player to really put NIL rules to the test assuming they’re in place by that point because this kid is a social media star who already had over 1 million Instagram followers before entering high school and now has 2.3 million followers on Instagram.

His top 10 includes several Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). Williams’ mother went to Hampton, and he has already said that when his list cuts down, he will include HBCUs (he stated this in the plural) on his list.

• North Carolina Central (top, far left)
    • Alabama State (top, second from left)
    • Texas State (top, second from right)
    • Hampton (top, far right)
    • Tennessee State (bottom, to the left of KU)

More and more top notch recruits are seriously considering HBCUs for basketball. Makur Maker (ESPN #16 recruit for 2020) picked Howard. It would not surprise me to see more high level recruits consider (and even pick) HBCUs. It wasn’t that long ago that top black athletes attended HBCUs regularly.

Charles Oakley, Rick Mahorn, and Ben Wallace all went to HBCUs.

So did HOFs like Sam Jones, Willis Reed, and Earl Monroe. And that’s just basketball. Football boasts the likes of Jerry Rice, Walter Payton, John Taylor, Doug Williams, and many more.

• @justanotherfan said in 2023 Recruiting:

@BShark said in 2023 Recruiting:

His top 10 includes several Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). Williams’ mother went to Hampton, and he has already said that when his list cuts down, he will include HBCUs (he stated this in the plural) on his list.

• North Carolina Central (top, far left)
    • Alabama State (top, second from left)
    • Texas State (top, second from right)
    • Hampton (top, far right)
    • Tennessee State (bottom, to the left of KU)

More and more top notch recruits are seriously considering HBCUs for basketball. Makur Maker (ESPN #16 recruit for 2020) picked Howard. It would not surprise me to see more high level recruits consider (and even pick) HBCUs. It wasn’t that long ago that top black athletes attended HBCUs regularly.

Charles Oakley, Rick Mahorn, and Ben Wallace all went to HBCUs.

So did HOFs like Sam Jones, Willis Reed, and Earl Monroe. And that’s just basketball. Football boasts the likes of Jerry Rice, Walter Payton, John Taylor, Doug Williams, and many more.

A lot of those older players attended HBCU’s because it was their only option because of segregation in recruiting, especially if they were from the south which most were since that’s where HBCU’s are.

Philly was a unique place for basketball back then because a lot of their playground legends (which Monroe was) chose to leave the Philly area for college. I’m sure there are plenty of similar stories from Rucker Park legends as well, but I’m more familiar with the Philly scene because of Wilt’s story.

I don’t know if Mikey will end up starting a trend, but that kid is a different breed and I’d be shocked if he doesn’t spend a year at probably Hampton before going to the NBA.

• @Texas-Hawk-10

Absolutely. I was just pointing to the overall tradition. It hasn’t been recent (no real big time recruits since the 1980’s in basketball, no consistent NBA player grads since the early 2000’s, but those programs used to produce BIG TIME talent, in large part due to segregation. If anything, this shift could hurt some mid majors, as black student athletes may start considering HBCU’s rather than midmajors like the MAC and Sun Belt. Academically, HBCUs have a long history (and even now) of producing the top black scientists, lawyers, doctors, etc.

• @justanotherfan You know, I won’t argue with his decision.

• 2023PG Robert Dillingham has received a Scholarship offer from University of Kansas

• Stud

• Well another offer for 2023. - -KU offered # 8 per 247 - - -6"4 pg Simeon Wilcher out of NJ , plays for the PSA Cardinals.

KU is with Miami , Iowa , Auburn , Oregon , & St Johns in the recruitment. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Ku has offer 2023 pf Justin Mcbride of oakhill/southern assaults

• @JAYHAWKFAN214 said in 2023 Recruiting:

Ku has offer 2023 pf Justin Mcbride of oakhill/southern assaults

Lots of KU connections here.

@JAYHAWKFAN214 said in 2023 Recruiting:

Kind of unreal.

Plays for the same AAU as Jalen/Gethro/Jossell which recently merged with Darrell Arthur’s old AAU team still ran by an old friend of Bill. The cherry on top is that he is the cousin of Dajuan Harris. Almost seems destined to be a Jayhawk.

@BShark said in 2023 Recruiting:

@JAYHAWKFAN214 said in 2023 Recruiting:

Kind of unreal.

Plays for the same AAU as Jalen/Gethro/Jossell which recently merged with Darrell Arthur’s old AAU team still ran by an old friend of Bill. The cherry on top is that he is the cousin of Dajuan Harris. Almost seems destined to be a Jayhawk.

Maybe we’ll have better luck with this McBride.

• Class of 2023 five star forward Omaha biliew receives offer from Kansas

• KU has offered Matas Buzelis.

• 2023 guard kj Lewis has been offer from Kansas

• @JAYHAWKFAN214

Likely to be a Top 30 kid when rankings are done for that class

• Howard leading the way on Lewis. Bossi said he will debut in the Top 30. Mom is a KU fan and Lewis seems very intrigued by Self and the program. One to monitor…

• 2023 PG dalen davis from Whitney Young iL) have received a offer from Kansas

• Cb @chuckbaily_ 16m Blessed to say I have received another offer from the university of Kansas I want to think coach Jeremy case

• Sounds like KU has a great shot at KJ Lewis if he doesn’t end up in the GLeague. Lewis and Justin McBride would be nasty additions.

• @BShark

Seemed like he was interested in Texas now too

• Marquis cook @Marquiscookk 1h After a great talk with @coachtownsend I am truly blessed to receive an offer from University of Kansas 💙❤ think you are the coaching staff for believing in me all glory to God

• Chris Lockett Jr. @yeah_chris2 1h After a great talk with @coachtownsend I am blessed to receive an offer from the university of Kansas ❤💙

• Well , I’m just going to stick this here as I simply refuse to make up a thread on something this far out - -BUT I guess Ku has offered a kid from the class of 2025 - -which makes him an 8th grader. - -An 8th grader that has already received an offer from a P-5 school.

I think that get’s a little out of hand offering that fast. - Kid must be insane to offer that early. - I’ll just say his Name is Cameron Homes bout all I know about him cause like I said class of 2025 - -WOW

• @jayballer67 said in 2023 Recruiting:

Well , I’m just going to stick this here as I simply refuse to make up a thread on something this far out - -BUT I guess Ku has offered a kid from the class of 2025 - -which makes him an 8th grader. - -An 8th grader that has already received an offer from a P-5 school.

I think that get’s a little out of hand offering that fast. - Kid must be insane to offer that early. - I’ll just say his Name is Cameron Homes bout all I know about him cause like I said class of 2025 - -WOW

This is nothing new ever schools have done this before

Well , I’m just going to stick this here as I simply refuse to make up a thread on something this far out - -BUT I guess Ku has offered a kid from the class of 2025 - -which makes him an 8th grader. - -An 8th grader that has already received an offer from a P-5 school.

Imo if they made an offer with him being that young then he must be the second- coming of Zues Jackson

• @Marco said in 2023 Recruiting:

@jayballer67 said in 2023 Recruiting:

Imo if they made an offer with him being that young then he must be the second- coming of Zues Jackson

oh they offered

@jayballer67 said in 2023 Recruiting:

This is nothing new ever schools have done this before

Didn’t say it was new - - I said it was CRAZY

• Just saying. Was looking , good to know we are in the conversation for some really good players in the early part of their recruiting. as of the present KU is listed as these players top 5 college choices as of this point. 6 of the top 15 players in the 2023 class has KU as one of their top 5 schools of interest they are as follows :

4 - -6"6 - -SG - -Elijah Fisher

6 - -6"8- - PF - - Omaha Biliew

8 - -6"4 - - CG - -Simeon Wilcher

9 - -6"10 - -C - -Baye Fall

12 - -6"8 - -C - - Jalen Lewis

14 - -6"6 - -SF - -Mookie Cook

Not saying we land ANY of these guys BUT glad to see we are in the hunt Early need the staff to stay on these guys finish on the one’s w really want to get after. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

Just saying. Was looking , good to know we are in the conversation for some really good players in the early part of their recruiting. as of the present KU is listed as these players top 5 college choices as of this point. 6 of the top 15 players in the 2023 class has KU as one of their top 5 schools of interest they are as follows :

4 - -6"6 - -SG - -Elijah Fisher

6 - -6"8- - PF - - Omaha Biliew

8 - -6"4 - - CG - -Simeon Wilcher

9 - -6"10 - -C - -Baye Fall

12 - -6"8 - -C - - Jalen Lewis

14 - -6"6 - -SF - -Mookie Cook

Not saying we land ANY of these guys BUT glad to see we are in the hunt Early need the staff to stay on these guys finish on the one’s w really want to get after. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

All of our NCAA crap will be behind us at that point. We will land atleast one of those guys.

• Maki Johnson @makijohnson3 3h Blessed and thankful to have received an offer from the university of Kansas 💙❤

Maki Johnson @makijohnson3 3h Blessed and thankful to have received an offer from the university of Kansas 💙❤

I’d pay close attention to this one. This is Andrew Wiggins girlfriend little brother. We should have an in here.

• 4 star ja’kobe Walter @ja’kobewalter1 )has picked up an offer from Kansas @kuhoops

• F Amari hansberry has picked up a offer from Kansas

• Big time recruit coming in to visit tomorrow. - - 6 '8 PF the # 2 PF in the Class of 2023 and the # 5 player in the class overall - - -Omaha Biliew will be visiting KU tomorrow - -some time down the road BUT good to get a visit. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer67 good thar campus visits are starting again.

• @Marco said in 2023 Recruiting:

@jayballer67 good thar campus visits are starting again.

ya for sure helps. let the Campus help seal the enviroment/school

• Sounds like Bryson Warren had a great visit to KU Sunday. - - A 4 * Combo Guard from Link Yr Mo Academy , transfer out of Arkansas. The # 4 Combo in the class and ranked # 32 overall

Warren said it was great getting to talk with all the Coach’s , Calling KU the GOD Father of Basketball A high 3 level Scorer Some of the other Schools after him are :

Auburn , Tennessee , G Town , Vanderbilt , North Carolina , Arizona State , Wisconsin , & Arkansas plus some others. - Sounds like we made a pretty good impression we shall see.

• 2023 f Brandon garrison @Brandongarriso 34m Blessed to receive an d1 offer from coch self coach case &the university of Kansas @kuhoops @coachbillself

• 2023 Pf Brandon Gardner @bgardner2023 40m Today has been amazing. Iam happy to announce that l’ve been offered by the university of Kansas 💙❤!@kuhoops

• 2023 - - -4* Matas Buzells is one we are in on early , transferred to Wolfeboro NH Brewster Academy. - -They list him as a 6’9 SF - -but dangerous shooter from deep and gifted passer , ranked at present as the # 46 player Nationally.

Other schools involved at this point are : Florida , Florida State , Illinois , KU , Syracuse & Wake Forrest. - With this being the 1st day they said the interest and contacts will be going up. One to keep an eye on.